[Locked] Halo 5 is not balanced and takes no skill

OP Nicholson777

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Although an arrogant post, the points are valid. Halo 5 could use some more skillful gunplay.
Eh... the people who say this are the ones who just don't like the game and/or are bad at it. They can't stand that they have to learn new tactics and skills. Sorry this Halo isn't a one weapon show like some of the previous games but more weapons being actually useful is exactly what balance is. There is plenty of skill required for H5. Just because you don't recognize it or accept it doesn't mean it's not there. Before you had to be good with one particular weapon to be good. Now you need to be good with multiple weapons and or now where the weapons are and which ones to use in particular situations.
Halo 5's multiplayer is not balanced. Everyone says it is, but it really isn't. People say it's balanced just because "every weapon is viable" when in reality, every weapon is way too powerful and can be used in basically any situation.

The Assault Rifle has too much range, too much accuracy, and does too much damage. Anybody can use the AR. An AR user can outgun basically any gun close to medium range, even if the other player is skilled and the AR weilder is a straight up bk. Same can be said about the SMG. People say the SMG is only for close range, but it can go much further. Same exact thing can be said about the Storm Rifle. The Storm Rifle is a plasma weapon, so it makes sense that it melts shields, but it also does a -Yoink- ton of damage to no-shields players. It's insane.

The bullet magnetism is incredibly high so you don't even have to aim at anyone to hit them. This is very evident with the Sniper Rifle. It's basically a shotgun because it's incredibly easy to noscope someone when they get close to you.

Why is there radar in competitive play, it literally only hurts the game. Radar coupled with the AR turns every game into crouching with the AR, waiting for someone to come around the corner and spray them down with a no skill weapon.

Spartan Charge is another dumb thing about this game. It rewards am awful play style. Spartan Charge coupled with the AR is awful. It rewards mindless running and charging when you see them, then spraying them with the AR, AGAIN.

Go ahead and post comments about how you guys think this mindless abomination of a game takes skill. GG
I'll just give the controller to my 5 year old sister and as I see it, she could beat you in a fight?

And for the record, these "issues" are not as bad imo, stay in the shadows and run around the enemy instead of straight on. The things you state are wrong with the game, has almost never happend to me. Also for the record, I play mostly Warzone.
So you aren't champ 1 because.........? I mean the game doesn't require skill and you STILL aren't Champ. What does that say? Or are you mad because in your mind you have all the skill and these lowly AR users kill you once in a while, keeping you from achieving your true greatness? So 343 should just go with PC settings (no aim assist, no bullet magnetism), turn off radar, dump the autos, and dump sprint. Sorry to be so grumpy, these "I'm better than the AR users" posts get annoying after a while.
You know, its interesting how defenders of Halo 5's "skillgap" use the strawman, "You just suck," to cop out of actually explaining how it's skillful.
The only thing about this post I agree with is spartan charge.
If Halo 5 takes no skill then how come I haven't gotten up to rank 9,000,000,000?

How come I don't kill every boss ever in Warzone?

How come I don't got a Halo 2 BR?

How come I haven't earned every comedation?
Halo 5 takes skill just like all the other Halos.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals.

Spoiler:
Show
RANDPLAYER wrote:
Halo 5's multiplayer is not balanced. Everyone says it is, but it really isn't. People say it's balanced just because "every weapon is viable" when in reality, every weapon is way too powerful and can be used in basically any situation.

The Assault Rifle has too much range, too much accuracy, and does too much damage. Anybody can use the AR. An AR user can outgun basically any gun close to medium range, even if the other player is skilled and the AR weilder is a straight up bk. Same can be said about the SMG. People say the SMG is only for close range, but it can go much further. Same exact thing can be said about the Storm Rifle. The Storm Rifle is a plasma weapon, so it makes sense that it melts shields, but it also does a -Yoink- ton of damage to no-shields players. It's insane.

The bullet magnetism is incredibly high so you don't even have to aim at anyone to hit them. This is very evident with the Sniper Rifle. It's basically a shotgun because it's incredibly easy to noscope someone when they get close to you.

Why is there radar in competitive play, it literally only hurts the game. Radar coupled with the AR turns every game into crouching with the AR, waiting for someone to come around the corner and spray them down with a no skill weapon.

Spartan Charge is another dumb thing about this game. It rewards am awful play style. Spartan Charge coupled with the AR is awful. It rewards mindless running and charging when you see them, then spraying them with the AR, AGAIN.

Go ahead and post comments about how you guys think this mindless abomination of a game takes skill. GG
I'll just give the controller to my 5 year old sister and as I see it, she could beat you in a fight?

And for the record, these "issues" are not as bad imo, stay in the shadows and run around the enemy instead of straight on. The things you state are wrong with the game, has almost never happend to me. Also for the record, I play mostly Warzone.
There's your problem right there, you only play Warzone. All of this bs happens in Arena .
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Spoiler:
Show
Lo Rod Jr wrote:
I lol'd.
Dude nice argument
LethalQ wrote:
Eh... the people who say this are the ones who just don't like the game and/or are bad at it. They can't stand that they have to learn new tactics and skills. Sorry this Halo isn't a one weapon show like some of the previous games but more weapons being actually useful is exactly what balance is. There is plenty of skill required for H5. Just because you don't recognize it or accept it doesn't mean it's not there. Before you had to be good with one particular weapon to be good. Now you need to be good with multiple weapons and or now where the weapons are and which ones to use in particular situations.
Just checked your profile and your number one weapon is the AR. Lmao get outta here.
So what? I pretty much play strictly FFA... It's the weapon you spawn with and in FFA you have to engage right away can't always get to rifles.
So you aren't champ 1 because.........? I mean the game doesn't require skill and you STILL aren't Champ. What does that say? Or are you mad because in your mind you have all the skill and these lowly AR users kill you once in a while, keeping you from achieving your true greatness? So 343 should just go with PC settings (no aim assist, no bullet magnetism), turn off radar, dump the autos, and dump sprint. Sorry to be so grumpy, these "I'm better than the AR users" posts get annoying after a while.
A player does not have to become the best in a particular game to make the claim that said game is easy to play. You might not have reached the highest rankings in the competitive playlists of CoD, but that doesn't mean that you can't say that the game involves little skill for success. Also, the OP probably agrees with most of your "suggestions" for 343 to change halo 5 to become more skilled based in bold, so I don't really see the point you were attempting to construct.
If Halo 5 takes no skill then how come I haven't gotten up to rank 9,000,000,000?

How come I don't kill every boss ever in Warzone?

How come I don't got a Halo 2 BR?

How come I haven't earned every comedation?
Halo 5 takes skill just like all the other Halos.
Lmao literally nothing in this post has anything to do with skill.
Spoiler:
Show
And you're the guy on live who calls everyone who beats him a scrub. Clearly you were better than them they just used cheap tactics and luck to beat you, right?

Like it or not the automatic weapons have a place in the sandbox now and you can't just ignore them and whinge about them when they kill you.

Beating someone charging at you with an SMG or AR is the same as it has always been in Halo, create distance, break line of sight and use corners and grenades. The difference is you can't just stand still and four shot them and expect to win this time, which is clearly healthy for the game.

Some advice:

If they're repeatedly getting the drop on you either through crouching or launching themselves into radar range from a flanking position, a change in playstyle is required, play more cautiously and focus on controlling an area of the map, don't move out until you have the situational awareness to be able to nade out the region.

Aiming in Halo 5 is different ot previous Halo's, you can very easily break someone's AR or SMG aim with a well timed thrust/jump or crouch, keep the momentum up in a fight, if you're just regular strafing (h2/3 style) an AR will tear you up just as easily as a magnum or BR will.

Automatics are also mainly used for winning clutch 1v1 scenarios. Precision weapons will always have the advantage of being able to quickly teamshot and have the depth of magazine to kill multiple opponents. Aka, don't lone wolf it so much, move up with the team and focus on callouts and teamshotting and controlling sight lines and cleaning up encounters your allies just lost.

Also - give the old AR - pistol combo a go, it's a great way to conserve pistol ammo during a fight, it can work in a direct engagement but if you get the drop on someone, a short burst from the AR followed by switching to pistol (when they auto-thrust, gives you time to readjust aim) for the cleanup can give you an advantage in magnum magazine ammo in consecutive encounters.
LethalQ wrote:
I sort of like the game and I am not bad at the game. The balance is bad. Where do I fit in then?
finally another intelligent person on the forums. Thank god
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9