Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo 5 is not balanced and takes no skill

OP Nicholson777

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9
Raven 549 wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Raven 549 wrote:
In my personal opinion, there's more to being competitive at Halo then simply your "Skill" at aiming a semi-automatic rifle/pistol. While skill at aiming is a factor, yes, many matches are decided by a mixture map control (memorizing and taking advantage of weapon spawns), movement tactics (who goes where and when), HELP (shooting at who your ally is shooting at). If all of Halo is just supposed to be an AIMING competition, then why not just lock every pair of players into a 1v1 shooting booth? :P Silly example yes, but I believe having unique map design as well as Team gameplay is supposed to encourage more goals and priorities than just landing headshots.
Yes, it is much easier to kill with automatic weapons, slightly lowering the "aiming skill" gap. Being a good shot still gives you noticeable advantage even if its less so. But at least now players can increase their overall success and overall "skill" in matches by BEING SAVVY and mastering movement, teamwork, and tactics. And THAT can be INCREDIBLY difficult.
If you make aiming easier without making anything else harder to compensate then all you've done is lowered the skill gap.

So saying "there's more to the game than aiming" isn't in itself very meaningful. It's not a wrong statement, just an irrelevant one.

And let's not even begin to talk about unique map design when 90% of the maps in this game are flat, two-level planes. Empire is the pinnacle of boring map design even if it plays well enough. Y'all need more Aerowalk in your lives.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I suppose my line of thought was that easier aiming allows people to get more creative and unorthodox with their approach to the game. But of course that opens up more discussion on how creative (or not) the sandbox can possibly be :P
There's certainly way, way more to the game than aiming RIGHT NOW. It's probably the main difference between the average Platinum/Diamond player and a higher Onyx player. Sure, I can probably still out shoot most of them but reason I'll go 20-5 in a game of Platinums while they go 12-12 is because I out think them.
Why does this dingle play then? He probably is just upset that there isn't a super overpowered BR anymore. This is by far the most enjoyable, balanced game I've played.
The BR is the strongest in this game.
I don't know why so many players hate so many things about halo 5 maps, sprinting, weapon balance, armors I think all new or other thinks than in the other Halos are hated.
Sevennn wrote:
Raven 549 wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Raven 549 wrote:
In my personal opinion, there's more to being competitive at Halo then simply your "Skill" at aiming a semi-automatic rifle/pistol. While skill at aiming is a factor, yes, many matches are decided by a mixture map control (memorizing and taking advantage of weapon spawns), movement tactics (who goes where and when), HELP (shooting at who your ally is shooting at). If all of Halo is just supposed to be an AIMING competition, then why not just lock every pair of players into a 1v1 shooting booth? :P Silly example yes, but I believe having unique map design as well as Team gameplay is supposed to encourage more goals and priorities than just landing headshots.
Yes, it is much easier to kill with automatic weapons, slightly lowering the "aiming skill" gap. Being a good shot still gives you noticeable advantage even if its less so. But at least now players can increase their overall success and overall "skill" in matches by BEING SAVVY and mastering movement, teamwork, and tactics. And THAT can be INCREDIBLY difficult.
If you make aiming easier without making anything else harder to compensate then all you've done is lowered the skill gap.

So saying "there's more to the game than aiming" isn't in itself very meaningful. It's not a wrong statement, just an irrelevant one.

And let's not even begin to talk about unique map design when 90% of the maps in this game are flat, two-level planes. Empire is the pinnacle of boring map design even if it plays well enough. Y'all need more Aerowalk in your lives.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I suppose my line of thought was that easier aiming allows people to get more creative and unorthodox with their approach to the game. But of course that opens up more discussion on how creative (or not) the sandbox can possibly be :P
There's certainly way, way more to the game than aiming RIGHT NOW. It's probably the main difference between the average Platinum/Diamond player and a higher Onyx player. Sure, I can probably still out shoot most of them but reason I'll go 20-5 in a game of Platinums while they go 12-12 is because I out think them.
This be true, yo.
This game actually take too much skill.... It took me months just to develop a consistent shot since the aiming is screwed
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Why does this dingle play then? He probably is just upset that there isn't a super overpowered BR anymore. This is by far the most enjoyable, balanced game I've played.
The BR is the strongest in this game.
Not relative to other weapons, not at all.
Sevennn wrote:
Raven 549 wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Raven 549 wrote:
In my personal opinion, there's more to being competitive at Halo then simply your "Skill" at aiming a semi-automatic rifle/pistol. While skill at aiming is a factor, yes, many matches are decided by a mixture map control (memorizing and taking advantage of weapon spawns), movement tactics (who goes where and when), HELP (shooting at who your ally is shooting at). If all of Halo is just supposed to be an AIMING competition, then why not just lock every pair of players into a 1v1 shooting booth? :P Silly example yes, but I believe having unique map design as well as Team gameplay is supposed to encourage more goals and priorities than just landing headshots.
Yes, it is much easier to kill with automatic weapons, slightly lowering the "aiming skill" gap. Being a good shot still gives you noticeable advantage even if its less so. But at least now players can increase their overall success and overall "skill" in matches by BEING SAVVY and mastering movement, teamwork, and tactics. And THAT can be INCREDIBLY difficult.
If you make aiming easier without making anything else harder to compensate then all you've done is lowered the skill gap.

So saying "there's more to the game than aiming" isn't in itself very meaningful. It's not a wrong statement, just an irrelevant one.

And let's not even begin to talk about unique map design when 90% of the maps in this game are flat, two-level planes. Empire is the pinnacle of boring map design even if it plays well enough. Y'all need more Aerowalk in your lives.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I suppose my line of thought was that easier aiming allows people to get more creative and unorthodox with their approach to the game. But of course that opens up more discussion on how creative (or not) the sandbox can possibly be :P
There's certainly way, way more to the game than aiming RIGHT NOW. It's probably the main difference between the average Platinum/Diamond player and a higher Onyx player. Sure, I can probably still out shoot most of them but reason I'll go 20-5 in a game of Platinums while they go 12-12 is because I out think them.
It's 99% power weapon control. Something I do not enjoy when solo queuing. Especially since the game will match you up against a partied team.
Why people always complain about new features of a game?? I believe Halo 5 is a good game and it requires adaptation. You can't play it the same way to played the previous versions and I think that's the problem of most haters. I play mainly Arena and it does require survival skill, team work and precision. Not every shots are bullseye!!
you have to adapt to the changes!
Thorulfr wrote:
Why does this dingle play then? He probably is just upset that there isn't a super overpowered BR anymore. This is by far the most enjoyable, balanced game I've played.
His response was unwarranted simply because he hasn't enjoyed H5 after playing alot of I'm guessing Reach, lets be honest the jump from game to game can be jarring, especially if you're used to pubstomping on Reach and then you go to Halo 5 and suddenly people are killing you with an AR????
I think it's better to welcome an obvious halo lover into a new game which he may come to love as well.
Ya going from game to game, but this guy is just an antagonist.
Why does this dingle play then? He probably is just upset that there isn't a super overpowered BR anymore. This is by far the most enjoyable, balanced game I've played.
The BR is the strongest in this game.
Not relative to other weapons, not at all.
It's much better than the pistol, the auto aim and all that stuff is upped a lot from previous games but I'd probably still rather have a lightrifle, or maybe even a DMR.
Sevennn wrote:
Raven 549 wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Raven 549 wrote:
In my personal opinion, there's more to being competitive at Halo then simply your "Skill" at aiming a semi-automatic rifle/pistol. While skill at aiming is a factor, yes, many matches are decided by a mixture map control (memorizing and taking advantage of weapon spawns), movement tactics (who goes where and when), HELP (shooting at who your ally is shooting at). If all of Halo is just supposed to be an AIMING competition, then why not just lock every pair of players into a 1v1 shooting booth? :P Silly example yes, but I believe having unique map design as well as Team gameplay is supposed to encourage more goals and priorities than just landing headshots.
Yes, it is much easier to kill with automatic weapons, slightly lowering the "aiming skill" gap. Being a good shot still gives you noticeable advantage even if its less so. But at least now players can increase their overall success and overall "skill" in matches by BEING SAVVY and mastering movement, teamwork, and tactics. And THAT can be INCREDIBLY difficult.
If you make aiming easier without making anything else harder to compensate then all you've done is lowered the skill gap.

So saying "there's more to the game than aiming" isn't in itself very meaningful. It's not a wrong statement, just an irrelevant one.

And let's not even begin to talk about unique map design when 90% of the maps in this game are flat, two-level planes. Empire is the pinnacle of boring map design even if it plays well enough. Y'all need more Aerowalk in your lives.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I suppose my line of thought was that easier aiming allows people to get more creative and unorthodox with their approach to the game. But of course that opens up more discussion on how creative (or not) the sandbox can possibly be :P
There's certainly way, way more to the game than aiming RIGHT NOW. It's probably the main difference between the average Platinum/Diamond player and a higher Onyx player. Sure, I can probably still out shoot most of them but reason I'll go 20-5 in a game of Platinums while they go 12-12 is because I out think them.
Thank you for sharing :) Unfortunately I was unable to use myself as an example for my case due to being somewhat below average at both aiming AND savviness, haha. But the idea that the King of Halo didn't necessarily have to be the King of Precision Weaponry made sense to me in theory.
Sevennn wrote:
It's sad to keep seeing posts that praise the lack of a proper utility weapon - a concept that Halo was built on.
The pistol is fine as a utility weapon.
No, it's not. It has a gimped zoom and RRR. There are four other utility rifles that are easier to use than the pistol with greater range. Every automatic weapon dumps on it in between close and mid range.
Why does this dingle play then? He probably is just upset that there isn't a super overpowered BR anymore. This is by far the most enjoyable, balanced game I've played.
The BR is the strongest in this game.
Not relative to other weapons, not at all.
I disagree.

Better netcode combined with the increased auto aim, the BR can out damage an AR at point blank range with a 4 shot.

No previous Halo game had that.

In Warzone I feel like I am invincible with a BR. The only better weapons are the Rockets, SMG/Storm, and Sniper.
Pretty much all autos in the game need to be fixed other than the brute plasama rifle melts shields but weak after shield fine by me but everything need to be fixed
Sevennn wrote:
Raven 549 wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Raven 549 wrote:
In my personal opinion, there's more to being competitive at Halo then simply your "Skill" at aiming a semi-automatic rifle/pistol. While skill at aiming is a factor, yes, many matches are decided by a mixture map control (memorizing and taking advantage of weapon spawns), movement tactics (who goes where and when), HELP (shooting at who your ally is shooting at). If all of Halo is just supposed to be an AIMING competition, then why not just lock every pair of players into a 1v1 shooting booth? :P Silly example yes, but I believe having unique map design as well as Team gameplay is supposed to encourage more goals and priorities than just landing headshots.
Yes, it is much easier to kill with automatic weapons, slightly lowering the "aiming skill" gap. Being a good shot still gives you noticeable advantage even if its less so. But at least now players can increase their overall success and overall "skill" in matches by BEING SAVVY and mastering movement, teamwork, and tactics. And THAT can be INCREDIBLY difficult.
If you make aiming easier without making anything else harder to compensate then all you've done is lowered the skill gap.

So saying "there's more to the game than aiming" isn't in itself very meaningful. It's not a wrong statement, just an irrelevant one.

And let's not even begin to talk about unique map design when 90% of the maps in this game are flat, two-level planes. Empire is the pinnacle of boring map design even if it plays well enough. Y'all need more Aerowalk in your lives.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I suppose my line of thought was that easier aiming allows people to get more creative and unorthodox with their approach to the game. But of course that opens up more discussion on how creative (or not) the sandbox can possibly be :P
There's certainly way, way more to the game than aiming RIGHT NOW. It's probably the main difference between the average Platinum/Diamond player and a higher Onyx player. Sure, I can probably still out shoot most of them but reason I'll go 20-5 in a game of Platinums while they go 12-12 is because I out think them.
It's 99% power weapon control. Something I do not enjoy when solo queuing. Especially since the game will match you up against a partied team.
Sure Power Weapon control is a lot when considering the outcome of the games overall. But I meant it more in the sense of the routes you take, and just general 1v1 decision making.
Competitive halo is a team halo. Get it right.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Sevennn wrote:
It's sad to keep seeing posts that praise the lack of a proper utility weapon - a concept that Halo was built on.
The pistol is fine as a utility weapon.
No, it's not. It has a gimped zoom and RRR. There are four other utility rifles that are easier to use than the pistol with greater range. Every automatic weapon dumps on it in between close and mid range.
Automatics don't dump on it at mid range, and they should dump on it at close range. What's the point of having the automatics in the game if they can't beat the utility weapon at close range? And yeah, the 4 other Rifles (not utility rifles) are going to be easier to use because they are map pickups that are supposed to give an advantage to the person that went out of their way to get them.
I'm not going to say I am good at Halo 5, but I still hate it's Multiplayer it's generic now with new "Spartan abilities", the art direction is ugly, map design is awful, lack of content, it's too fast paced for me, to me It does not feel like a halo game it feels like just another FPS and not Halo. Halo 3 had 12-14 million sales Halo Reach had 9 million sales halo 4 had 9 million and halo 5 had only around 2 million. People who like 343's Halo are the majority of the halo community now, only because they are whats LEFT of the halo community. You don't go from 9.8 Million in sales with Reach and in the space of 5 years go to just 2 million in sales for no darn reason. Clearly 343 has brought a decline to Halo...
Even though this post is irrelevant to the discussion at hand, I would like to point out that you completely made up those Halo 5 sales numbers, and that the small amount of flawed info we have on the subject indicates 4-6 million. Also this:
What's with people constantly using sales numbers to prove how good a game is? Maybe old halo veterans stop playing halo since they're older now and maybe the fact that X1 is way less popular than 360 is why there is less halo players? With the more sales= better game logic, cod ghost must be the best game to ever been made.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9