Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 is not casual/beginner friendly.

OP Steve Vengence

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Playing halo is like riding a bike. Just play a few warm up matches and your good to go.

If you want casual play, play arena
If you want to fight tryhards play "social"
Been that way since h2
Uh

What
GHOST 9o5 wrote:
You do have a good point, but I have to disagree about not playing for months.

I didn't play for months, came back, started playing regularly, was still doing really good. I have the highest K/D for Warzone, mostly as a solo player, in my company, and almost all of them are WAAAAAAY above me in Spartan Levels and REQs. It just proves that Warzone doesn't destroy players who can't keep up in REQs. But I don't represent everyone else, so here is what I will say:

For new players that haven't played Halo 5 before, or people who are just simply horrendous at the game, Warzone can be frustrating for them. So a playlist is needed for them to learn in.

This playlist is a casual/beginner playlist, that is unranked, for new players or (maybe) terrible players to have fun in. Once you start doing good enough, it should lock you out, permanently.
I believe adding a novice game type was implemented before either in Halo Reach or Halo 3. The question if it will not work depends if it originally failed. (there is no telling if it will work)
R4in wrote:
GHOST 9o5 wrote:

I didn't play for months, came back, started playing regularly, was still doing really good. I have the highest K/D for Warzone, mostly as a solo player, in my company, and almost all of them are WAAAAAAY above me in Spartan Levels and REQs. It just proves that Warzone doesn't destroy players who can't keep up in REQs. But I don't represent everyone else, so here is what I will say:

For new players that haven't played Halo 5 before, or people who are just simply horrendous at the game, Warzone can be frustrating for them. So a playlist is needed for them to learn in.

This playlist is a casual/beginner playlist, that is unranked, for new players or (maybe) terrible players to have fun in. Once you start doing good enough, it should lock you out, permanently.
ProTip: If a player is still learning the game, don't play the placement matches in Arena. Play Warzone or BTB only. This will help novice players avoid the SWEATY curve.
I'm struggling with learning the maps because of how sweaty it can be I haven't ranked at all in most of the ranked playlist but I keep getting champions a lot of the time. I find it really off putting to try learn the playlist.
this is ignorant, got the game a month or 2 ago and already in the 40's rank and have lots of reqs, and no it was not a pain to rank up i just play casually and learn from my mistakes and thats how I'm improving, you die a lot yes but who hasn't, halo 5 is challenging but makes the new gamers experience the game thats why its recommended for them to play the campaign first, them they will know what to expect in the arena or warzone,
Not to mention Arena has a Smurf plague.
I've been experiencing this a lot lately.
this is ignorant, got the game a month or 2 ago and already in the 40's rank and have lots of reqs, and no it was not a pain to rank up i just play casually and learn from my mistakes and thats how I'm improving, you die a lot yes but who hasn't, halo 5 is challenging but makes the new gamers experience the game thats why its recommended for them to play the campaign first, them they will know what to expect in the arena or warzone,
I like your take on learning from mistakes. Campaign is good training for basic movement and learning about how weapons affect enemies. IMO, nothing can properly prepare a player for the matchmaking sweatfest outside of running customs.
R4in wrote:
GHOST 9o5 wrote:

ProTip: If a player is still learning the game, don't play the placement matches in Arena. Play Warzone or BTB only. This will help novice players avoid the SWEATY curve.
I'm struggling with learning the maps because of how sweaty it can be I haven't ranked at all in most of the ranked playlist but I keep getting champions a lot of the time. I find it really off putting to try learn the playlist.
Try running customs on your own to learn maps before diving into the playlists.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2