1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 36
I did. And I'm loving the MCC.

In fact after playing Halo 5 for several months and not touching the MCC, when I went back it felt like a dream. I haven't touched Halo 5 in 6 months because of how good the older games are. I was reminded about what I loved in Halo. Halo 5 was slowing killing my passion for the franchise.

Yup best by far and it's not even close. People love to romanticize things from the past. The old games are exactly that, old and outdated.
Good art, and good entertainment is never outdated.

They are called classics. For instance, Jaws is a classic. Bruce looks a little rough but the story, characters and direction are still flawless. This extends to many movies, games, books and so on. It isn't romanticising, or nostalgia goggles, these things are just generally well made.

You don't have to like the things that people with different tastes to you like, but it would be nice if you understood and respected it.
People can't handle the competitiveness of Halo 5.
I play the older games quite often and I find them far more fun than Halo 5. They're more simple, not as cluttered with random unnecessary mechanics, and the story actually carries over from the previous game to the next without the need for any outside media, unlike Halos 4 and 5.
Conn5000 wrote:
Conn5000 wrote:
I had more fun in a single game of Halo 3 the other day than I have had in any game of Halo 5. The classic formula is so much better than the current that it's not even funny.
Spoiler:
Show

Whilst i enjoy Halo 5, Halo 3 is just too amazing. It's honestly the best one. I remember playing it when i was 10 years old. 9 years later and it's still my favorite game ever.
Same. I'll never forget the first scarab battle that took me forever to figure out as a 6 year old, or playing in forge for hours on end.
Duuuude!!! It took me almost 30 minutes to figure it out haha! But it was so fun driving around in a mongoose on that level. Easily one of the best moments. Oh and we can't forget about going in the graveminds ship ;) that freaked me out back then
I couldn't even do it man. I finished that level like 1 year later lol. The gravemind talking just freaked me out way too much.
YouthNAsia wrote:
I love both. I enjoy the flow of the old games and the hectic-ness of 5. Yin and Yang

Spoiler:
Show

Thank you. Exactly my feelings. I enjoy both a lot.
I couldn't disagree any more with you. Don't get me wrong I like Halo 5 but I feel it is actually the worst Halo game made. I would say Reach is the best but that is just my bias opinion.
Conn5000 wrote:
Conn5000 wrote:
Conn5000 wrote:
I had more fun in a single game of Halo 3 the other day than I have had in any game of Halo 5. The classic formula is so much better than the current that it's not even funny.
Spoiler:
Show

Whilst i enjoy Halo 5, Halo 3 is just too amazing. It's honestly the best one. I remember playing it when i was 10 years old. 9 years later and it's still my favorite game ever.
Same. I'll never forget the first scarab battle that took me forever to figure out as a 6 year old, or playing in forge for hours on end.
Duuuude!!! It took me almost 30 minutes to figure it out haha! But it was so fun driving around in a mongoose on that level. Easily one of the best moments. Oh and we can't forget about going in the graveminds ship ;) that freaked me out back then
I couldn't even do it man. I finished that level like 1 year later lol. The gravemind talking just freaked me out way too much.
Haha man every time he talked i just freaked out it was way scary haha.
Conn5000 wrote:
Conn5000 wrote:
Conn5000 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

Man, do I miss 2007.
It's interesting that you say that, since I've had the complete opposite experience. I decided to go back and play the MCC again, and it led me to becoming completely disinterested in Halo 5 at all anymore. Unfortunately. Halo 5 has been the shortest-lived Halo game for me, in terms of keeping my interest. Not even a year later, and the game has been sitting in its case for weeks now, untouched, and I doubt that I'll go back to it again. Even Halo 4 lasted longer than this (though I played BTB and Action Sack almost exclusively in Halo 4).

Halo 5 isn't a bad game, I do enjoy playing it. But it just lacks the features and variety required for me to feel the urge to go back and play it day after day. But Halo 1? I've been playing that game online since Halo PC came out, and I still love it to death today. Halo 2 and 3 will never get old for me, and Halo 2 Anniversary is a fantastic modernization of that great game. Bungie knew how to make a great Halo game that was fun.

Syc0 Santa wrote:
Considering that a large majority of players are not extremely competitive players, that is entirely correct. A lot of people, like myself, enjoy playing games socially as a way to relax and have fun after a long day. Going into a playlist, being forced to be all sweaty and constantly do your best, all while getting completely destroyed by fireteams while you're going in solo is not fun and relaxing.

Every Halo game should cater to both competitive and social gamers. Design the game to be fun, with the main gamemodes being accessible to all kinds of gamers (which means stuff like no tiny 18m radar and a good selection of social slayer/objective playlists), and then tweak the game for the more competitive players (MLG/HCS playlists with their fine-tuned maps and settings). Otherwise, they're cutting out a huge portion of the community, just like they did with Halo 4. I understand that the pros are not currently happy with the game either, since there is a radar in the competitive scene, as well as other social-oriented aspects. Social and competitive gamers have different needs, and they should all be met. Trying to create one experience for both makes nobody happy. The game should be the same at the base, but with different settings for each.

So you're right, people can't handle the competitiveness of Halo 5, and that's not a bad thing. Not everybody is competitive or enjoy a game with a hyper-competitive mindset, and they should not be expected to.
Techarch 1 wrote:
Unfortunately my halo 5 disc was stolen from me. Don't ask how but it was, So I reverted back to the master chief collection and online is undoubtedly more boring. ALL of the older games feel slow, uneventful, and simple. I was never any good at either of them but I could still measure my level of fun at its peak when I was playing halo 5. I don't even want to play the older games now. Give it a try if you haven't yet, play the older games and make a comparison. This is an incredibly old topic, I know, but I never gave it second thought until now that I have no choice. Going digital from now on.
The older games were simple?
please do explain?

My idea of simple?
Having the game tell you when the power weapons spawn, where they spawn, where your enemies are etc etc

the older games had had much more depth than H5 in my opinion
How does a game telling you where the power weapons spawns make it simple? It makes it more competitive. Also, what do you mean by "where your enemies are?"
Game tells you where power weapons are and when they spawn
There are hit detection markers
Thruster (Get out of jail free cards)
Insigne bullet magnetism (literally can't miss a shot ever)
Load-out weapons take out all vehicles
Clamber (Skill jumping made the classics so much fun. Now it's gone)
Spartan call-outs.

Halo 5 is the least skilled Halo to date. The classics at least challenged you strategically, and forced you to think before you acted. There was no saving grace in the classics. Halo 5 literally caters to people who suck at games. Even if you miss a jump, you can clamber up; or if you miss a shot, you can hover in the air; if you are about to die, you can thrust out of the way. How in any way are the classics simple?
I think by "simple" he means that there were less gameplay mechanics to work with in the other games.
Every time I play MCC I can not stop playing. But when I play Halo 5 I get bored within the first couple minutes. I even get bored with super fiesta, and that's the most fun halo 5 has.
Techarch 1 wrote:
Unfortunately my halo 5 disc was stolen from me. Don't ask how but it was, So I reverted back to the master chief collection and online is undoubtedly more boring. ALL of the older games feel slow, uneventful, and simple. I was never any good at either of them but I could still measure my level of fun at its peak when I was playing halo 5. I don't even want to play the older games now. Give it a try if you haven't yet, play the older games and make a comparison. This is an incredibly old topic, I know, but I never gave it second thought until now that I have no choice. Going digital from now on.
The older games were simple?
please do explain?

My idea of simple?
Having the game tell you when the power weapons spawn, where they spawn, where your enemies are etc etc

the older games had had much more depth than H5 in my opinion
How does a game telling you where the power weapons spawns make it simple? It makes it more competitive. Also, what do you mean by "where your enemies are?"
Game tells you where power weapons are and when they spawn
There are hit detection markers
Thruster (Get out of jail free cards)
Insigne bullet magnetism (literally can't miss a shot ever)
Load-out weapons take out all vehicles
Clamber (Skill jumping made the classics so much fun. Now it's gone)
Spartan call-outs.

Halo 5 is the least skilled Halo to date. The classics at least challenged you strategically, and forced you to think before you acted. There was no saving grace in the classics. Halo 5 literally caters to people who suck at games. Even if you miss a jump, you can clamber up; or if you miss a shot, you can hover in the air; if you are about to die, you can thrust out of the way. How in any way are the classics simple?
Agreed whole heartedly. I tried the Halo 5 beta and the moment I saw I shot a guy in the chest with the sniper rifle and it still gave me the "headshot" I stopped playing the beta and went back to the classics. Halo 1 through 3 are infinitely more satisfying to me.
While I think H5 is a good game I still think the older Halo games are better over all.
WSerg wrote:
thats your opinion and thats fine.
but for me i have to disagree. i have way more fun with MCC than h5. everytime i start h5 i quit after a few rounds because i get bored. when i put in MCC i have a blast and can play for hours (especially if i have played h5 before and even with still existing matchmaking problems). and the old games don't feel slow to me.
you can look at my service record and see that h5 is by far the halo i've played the least, because it doesn't feel like a true halo to me and it bores me.
so i think i can say i compared them. ;)

but if you like h5 more thats also totally fine with me. the games are very different to each other and of course some people will prefer the one style and others the other style.
You must be lucky to find matches... I always end up having trouble with finding matches in the MCC, which is why I don't play it too often.
Halo used to Pride itself on being the slow fps, which was nice. It gave people like me who prefer slower gameplay a place to hide away from all the crazy fast games.

If you didn't like that, then that meant halo probably wasn't for you in terms of gameplay at least.
Hotrod192 wrote:

Syc0 Santa wrote:
Considering that a large majority of players are not extremely competitive players, that is entirely correct. A lot of people, like myself, enjoy playing games socially as a way to relax and have fun after a long day. Going into a playlist, being forced to be all sweaty and constantly do your best, all while getting completely destroyed by fireteams while you're going in solo is not fun and relaxing.

Every Halo game should cater to both competitive and social gamers. Design the game to be fun, with the main gamemodes being accessible to all kinds of gamers (which means stuff like no tiny 18m radar and a good selection of social slayer/objective playlists), and then tweak the game for the more competitive players (MLG/HCS playlists with their fine-tuned maps and settings). Otherwise, they're cutting out a huge portion of the community, just like they did with Halo 4. I understand that the pros are not currently happy with the game either, since there is a radar in the competitive scene, as well as other social-oriented aspects. Social and competitive gamers have different needs, and they should all be met. Trying to create one experience for both makes nobody happy. The game should be the same at the base, but with different settings for each.

So you're right, people can't handle the competitiveness of Halo 5, and that's not a bad thing. Not everybody is competitive or enjoy a game with a hyper-competitive mindset, and they should not be expected to.
Every game is different. Whether Halo should or shouldn't cater to everyone is your humble opinion that I don't care about.

Cant handle competitiveness, then go get a game that holds your hand through the match and will burp you afterwards
I like Halo 5, but saying it's the best might be reaching a bit for me.

I still think ODST was best. Sure, it was a spin-off, and it didn't have much content, but it's been the only game that I feel I truly enjoyed.
Conn5000 wrote:
Conn5000 wrote:
Conn5000 wrote:
Conn5000 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

Man, do I miss 2007.
You aint the only one :'( it was a simpler time
Matrillex wrote:
I couldn't disagree any more with you. Don't get me wrong I like Halo 5 but I feel it is actually the worst Halo game made. I would say Reach is the best but that is just my bias opinion.
Worse in what way? Customization, System is horrible, too competitive, more diverse maps, no splitscreen,b ad campaign and story, not enough social playlists, lots of bugs? Thats is what breaks Halo 5 to me, however i would have to say that the gameplay is much more fluid and solid in H5 than in Reach, but that's just what I think.
Totally agree, multiplayer is way more fun in 5. But campaign was a turd.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 36