[Locked] Halo 5 isn't really a "true" Halo experience

OP XanaReplica

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
This is just my opinion of the game so hear me out and you may think differently, Halo, a title that has dominated my attention since I was 10 (13 years ago) has finally lost it's throne, and it's depressing, Halo was what got me into online gaming. Now here's what I mean by "true" Halo experience, Halo could pull me away from any game, CE-4, that's right even Halo 4 had that addicting magnetic pull that the previous installments had, not because it was competitive, but because it was fun, there were ways to change around the gameplay so easily that I couldn't stop enjoying it, despite my many gripes and moans when I was in a bad mood, I genuinely liked 4. However Halo 5 does not have that addicting magnetic pull as I find that the "fun" aspect has been tossed aside for the sake of esports and microtransactions, and over the course of the last couple of weeks, I find myself playing games like Pokemon and Minecraft more frequently than the newest Halo title, this proves, at least to me, that Halo is no longer the king of Console FPS games, but like a great game once said "Nothing built can last forever." I truly believe Halo 6 will be just as bad if not worse than Halo 5, I will be keeping an eye out for final product gameplay, but will certainly not be pre-ordering. As for a Beta, I think we know 343's track record with Beta testing. All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

As a generic FPS: 8/10

As a Halo Title: 3/10
I also feel as though h5 just kind of blends into the crowd of FPS games. It doesn't have enough of its own identity.
I would still give low rating for Halo 5 as a generic FPS for reasons.
How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

Edit: Also, your post doesn't really explain the title.
It's weird that you liked 4 more than 5, considering it had personal loadouts and perks making it the least "Halo" mp game. 5 reversed both and brought back the equal starts (not including warzone which is an "anything goes" game), even made all the weapons actually useful for the first time.

Don't get me wrong, I still liked 4, it's just this argument makes little to no sense.

This post has been hidden.

All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

So... Based on your own rating of "8/10" Halo is a good game.

I understand the concept of a game not being as "Halo", but regardless you've rated Halo 5 as being 8/10. That's still a fairly high score.

I just don't understand your criticism and your ratings.
I try not to hold halo to different standards than other games. Anyone that really does that is setting themself up for disappointment IMO. I try to evaluate each game of each franchise on its own merit.

Im thoroughly addicted to halo 5, even going so far as to be pushing 20 days of playtime lol.

All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

So... Based on your own rating of "8/10" Halo is a good game.

I understand the concept of a game not being as "Halo", but regardless you've rated Halo 5 as being 8/10. That's still a fairly high score.

I just don't understand your criticism and your ratings.
I believe we share sentiments. Excellent post :)
Unknown wrote:
It's weird that you liked 4 more than 5, considering it had personal loadouts and perks making it the least "Halo" mp game. 5 reversed both and brought back the equal starts (not including warzone which is an "anything goes" game), even made all the weapons actually useful for the first time.

Don't get me wrong, I still liked 4, it's just this argument makes little to no sense.
I'm not OP, but did you even understand the post? How does a game being fun as an argument have no sense? Halo 5 is way more focused on competitiveness than any other Halo has been. Just watch the ViDocs from both Bungie and 343 and you'll see how the other games were built with fun in mind.

How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

Edit: Also, your post doesn't really explain the title.
Halo wasn't knocked off the throne in Reach. Halo 4 did that. Reach just caused a side-step that could have been easily fixed if 343 hadn't been all like "We need to distance ourselves from 'Bungie's vision' of the game at our first attempt." The quickest and largest drop in Halo players (that we know of) is still at Halo 4.
It was knocked off in Reach but halo 4 pushed it farther away.
Some of you guys just love you hate, don't ya?

The mentality I seem to notice from a lot of Waypointers: "I can't keep up, thus H5 is bad..."

Halo 5 has modern elements, no doubt, but it's far from the typical FPS nowadays. It's about the full gameplay suite/sandbox itself and its intricacies and how they all tie-together the overall gameplay experience, and H5 does not play like your COD's/Battlefield's/TitanFall's... The core traits of the game ALONE make H5 an entirely different beast. And a few of fairly original and creative mechanics that made it into the game, and the way the Spartan Abilities system works and how they can be interlinked, only helps differentiate the game from the competition, gameplay-wise...

Mind you, this all becomes even more apparent when you use a controller layout that doesn't closely resemble/replicate "modern FPS" controls.
8/10 isn't that bad actually.
I hated Halo 4, Chief executive as way too dependent on Cortana. It wasn't that fun either. Multiplayer is bad too.
SpitFlame wrote:
8/10 isn't bad actually.
FTFY.

Ya'll seem to forget that when rating with a 1-10 scale there are 1-10 ratings to use. 8/10 is solid score.
Yeah I disagree with you. I think it is a true halo experience. To each their own.
Define "generic FPS".
May I just ask what you mean by generic? Cuz it's odd that you count h4 offering a true "halo experience" yet you rate h5 being more generic when I'd like to assume many would say h4 was more generic than h5 is. I also don't agree with microTs or the E-sports thing (if that's your reasoning since you never actually elaborated on why h5 is generic) being the issue when other games still offer what they've always offered in the past. I've no issue with h5 being labeled generic, but to say h4 wasn't? (And again, I'd say h4 was even more generic).
Define "generic FPS".
A modern, ADS-heavy/loadout-based military shooter operating on a tired formula... something that Halo 5 isn't.
I'm sorry you feel that way, I however love it. Been playing it several times a week since launch and still going strong. The gameplay is better than any other FPS out right now in my opinion and that alone keeps me coming back.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

Sí estoy de acuerdo con usted. Creo que es una verdadera experiencia de halo. A cada cual lo suyo.
Warden657 wrote:
I hated Halo 4, Chief executive as way too dependent on Cortana. It wasn't that fun either. Multiplayer is bad too.
I agree, Halo 4 campaign is overrated.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17