3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 17

This post has been hidden.

How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

Edit: Also, your post doesn't really explain the title.
First of all, Reach is a spin-off game. Second, that's not true at all. Reach was still very popular and had hundreds of thousands of people playing even after a year. Halo 4 is when it was knocked off when the majority of the playerbase stopped playing within a couple of months of release.
As an og since the very beginning i beg to differ.
How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

Halo reach was incredibly popular
It's weird that you liked 4 more than 5, considering it had personal loadouts and perks making it the least "Halo" mp game. 5 reversed both and brought back the equal starts (not including warzone which is an "anything goes" game), even made all the weapons actually useful for the first time.

Don't get me wrong, I still liked 4, it's just this argument makes little to no sense.
Halo fans change their minds like the wind blows. they say Halo 4 is to casual now halo 5 is to competitive. At this point its just a long running joke.
Marcos94 wrote:

First of all, Reach is a spin-off game. Second, that's not true at all. Reach was still very popular and had hundreds of thousands of people playing even after a year. Halo 4 is when it was knocked off when the majority of the playerbase stopped playing within a couple of months of release.
It wasn't a spin-off game like ODST or wars. It being a spin-off game has no effect. It was popular, but it was also kicked off its throne. A game can be popular but not be the king of FPSs. Look at halo 5 for example.

But it didn't hold the throne.

Meh, I still loved reach, just curious...what game "stole the throme"?
Marcos94 wrote:

Reach isn't a spin off game it was a part of the main franchise, a spin off game would've been like ODST, Reach is a prequel. Yeah but Halo Reach, knocked out a lot of players because of how much of a mess the gameplay was in multiplayer. It started with Reach and from there it went downhill.

Black Ops I think

Black Ops I think
2? Cause honestly I loved both for their own reasons

No it wasn't. Halo Reach kept Halo's thrown as the number 1 FPS for a long time. It only really fell off when Halo 4 came along.
No, as Vegeto has already pointed out, halo Reach didn't even sell as much as halo 3. That right there shows how it declined in popularity. Also, it's "throne" not "thrown."
Yeah I just noticed that mistake lol. And plus even if Halo Reach didn't sell as much as Halo 3, it still sold a crapload. A lot more than Halo 4 and 5 ever did and was still the number 1 FPS on the Xbox 360 for a really long time.

No it wasn't. Halo Reach kept Halo's thrown as the number 1 FPS for a long time. It only really fell off when Halo 4 came along.
No, as Vegeto has already pointed out, halo Reach didn't even sell as much as halo 3. That right there shows how it declined in popularity. Also, it's "throne" not "thrown."
Yeah I just noticed that mistake lol. And plus even if Halo Reach didn't sell as much as Halo 3, it still sold a crapload. A lot more than Halo 4 and 5 ever did and was still the number 1 FPS on the Xbox 360 for a really long time.
Wasn't it Black Ops 1?

Black Ops I think
I think it was 1, Bo came out in 2010

Black Ops I think
I think it was 1, Bo came out in 2010
Yeah...they did

Wasn't it Black Ops 1?
No. Black Ops was in the Top 5 though. Halo Reach was number 1 for awhile. Halo Reach didn't really start to go down til all the DLC came out for it and how Custom Games were pretty much ruined because of the whole Assassination Tower BS that took over. It was the gametype everyone was hosting. Every Custom Game I joined, 99.9% of the time was AT and everytime I was made the Party Leader and wanted to change it to something really fun, almost everyone in the party would leave because it wasn't AT. It was unfortunate too because before AT became the cancer of Halo Reach Custom Games and killed off all of its variety, Halo Reach had fantastic and unique Custom Games that you could play for hours like back in the day with Halo 3's Custom Games.

Lol, after 9 months at launch? Tell me, what Halo game only had six 4v4 playlists at launch? IT WAS AN INCOMPLETE GAME BUDDY. You cant justify -Yoink-. Halo 4 knocked off Halo. Get your facts straight m8. Or get rekt by the truth of these statements.
At launch, but now it's pretty full. Just to let you know, halo 3 ended up with 14 playlists, and halo 5 now has 14 playlists.
Quality is what counts. Halo 3 social playlists WERE ACTUALLY SOCIAL, not having hidden ranks inside of them like Halo 5's. If you want to be technical, most of Halo 5 isn't social because most of the playlists have god damn ranking in them, whether you can see it or not. Halo 3, a game that was released 9 years ago, had more playlists at launch than Halo 5 did. Disgraceful
Are you saying halo 5 doesn't have quality? For the hundredth time, hidden ranks don't make ANYTHING competitive. If you take off your nostalgia goggles and think back to halo 3's social slayer, you'd remember that there were tons of matches where teams would get destroyed because high level players would match up against low level players. The only reason why some take social seriously is because they care about their stats, and social and ranked stats are kept together. As I already said, that only applies for some.

Just because a game is more recent doesn't mean it has to have way more content. Graphics, yes, a newer game should have better graphics than an older game (which halo 5 does). Content, definitely not. So, no, it's not "disgraceful" by any means. Honestly to me, you sound like a whining kid when he doesn't get sprinkles on his ice cream.
Two things:

You love provoking arguments but unfortunately, I am not that type of person. "Honestly to me, you sound like a whining kid when he doesn't get sprinkles on his ice cream." You sir, made me laugh out loud for a solid five minutes. If you read my post in detail, you would have seen that at launch, Halo 3, a game that was released 9 years ago, had more playlists at launch than Halo 5 did. DISGRACEFUL. Of course, it seems you did not have your reading glasses on at the time you read my post, hence me repeating it in bold.

Second, you said, and I repeat "For the hundredth time, hidden ranks don't make ANYTHING competitive." So tell me, a rank is supposed to put players of similar skill levels together correct? And if it is hidden, it is still there correct? And before you say "No, it is not there" watch the video of an avid Halo player almost reduced to tears because he can't find a Big Team Battle match because he was too good at it, and due to his skill level being so high, he almost never found a match. And this was supposed to be in a social playlist... Your entire philosophy is, in a nutshell, rotten to the core because people are still put against players of their skill level, which isn't supposed to happen in a social playlist, because there should be NO ranks at all.

This my friend, is how your utterly squash an argument as poorly constructed and written as yours. I bid you, good day.
I did read your post correctly, I don't know why you are so confused about my response. When someone says something like "it's disgraceful" because a few playlists are missing, it really makes you appear entitled and childish.

1. If you really wanted to play players with vastly different skill sets, you could set your search parameters to expanded.
2. So many complain that the ranking system matches them against players who aren't similar in skill, and now you're complaining that it matches way too close? I think one of you guys are exaggerating here.
3. Players should still be somewhat matched with others of similar skill or else there will be many games where teams are destroyed. Matching up with a guy who is similar skill doesn't mean the game is super competitive. You could easily set your mind to be laid back, but for some reason, you don't want to.

Call of Duty.

If I remember correctly, halo 4 also sold a ton (it was the game of the year). Do you have a source that shows Reach was #1 for a long time?

If I remember correctly, halo 4 also sold a ton (it was the game of the year). Do you have a source that shows Reach was #1 for a long time?
I'll see if I can find one. And honestly the only reason Halo 4 got game of the year was most likely for its fantastic campaign(which Halo 5 destroyed later on lol).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 17