3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 17
Marcos94 wrote:
How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

Edit: Also, your post doesn't really explain the title.
First of all, Reach is a spin-off game. Second, that's not true at all. Reach was still very popular and had hundreds of thousands of people playing even after a year. Halo 4 is when it was knocked off when the majority of the playerbase stopped playing within a couple of months of release.
Spin off or not it still effects the franchise to this day. When you incorporate stuff from spinoffs into the mainline games, it no longer gets a pass from criticism. Second: for it being a spin off it had quite the draw with 9 million copies sold. I'd guarantee most people still expected it to bring what halo CE-3 brought and when they found it brought changes reach sold a few million less copies than its predecessor. Mlg was also dropped which was a big part of competitive halo.

moving on, it wasn't a bad game, I agree and even with the drop it was still a popular game but nevertheless it still doesn't get a pass. It's already bad enough seeing some say "reach didn't drop as fast as h4 or h5" as that still doesn't exclude reach being the stem of the issue to how halo is currently being developed. It may not have been as bad, but bad nevertheless.
How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

No it wasn't. Halo Reach kept Halo's thrown as the number 1 FPS for a long time. It only really fell off when Halo 4 came along.
No, as Vegeto has already pointed out, halo Reach didn't even sell as much as halo 3. That right there shows how it declined in popularity. Also, it's "throne" not "thrown."
Yeah I just noticed that mistake lol. And plus even if Halo Reach didn't sell as much as Halo 3, it still sold a crapload. A lot more than Halo 4 and 5 ever did and was still the number 1 FPS on the Xbox 360 for a really long time.
If I remember correctly, halo 4 also sold a ton (it was the game of the year). Do you have a source that shows Reach was #1 for a long time?
I'll see if I can find one. And honestly the only reason Halo 4 got game of the year was most likely for its fantastic campaign(which Halo 5 destroyed later on lol).
H4 sold 9 mill, which is literally as much as reach. People had high hopes that 1. Mistakes would've been learned from reach so why not give it a second chance 2. It was a brand new dev in 343 and people assumed they could make it work with halo CE-reach blueprints on what works/doesn't work and 3. There was the thought of a new direction while still keeping halo as a badass game. Move onto now, and there's the trend of halo continuously falling down game by game.

as for h4 being game of the year: are we sure on this? Are we talking about spike awards? Or any specifics or overall? Cause I believe it was tell tales walking dead that won with mass effect 3 being 2nd.

as for reaches pop being #1: it was a year. CoD was already peaking at h3s twighlight so reach only had a limited window to begin with.

halo reach population chart

No it wasn't. Halo Reach kept Halo's thrown as the number 1 FPS for a long time. It only really fell off when Halo 4 came along.
No, as Vegeto has already pointed out, halo Reach didn't even sell as much as halo 3. That right there shows how it declined in popularity. Also, it's "throne" not "thrown."
Yeah I just noticed that mistake lol. And plus even if Halo Reach didn't sell as much as Halo 3, it still sold a crapload. A lot more than Halo 4 and 5 ever did and was still the number 1 FPS on the Xbox 360 for a really long time.
If I remember correctly, halo 4 also sold a ton (it was the game of the year). Do you have a source that shows Reach was #1 for a long time?
I'll see if I can find one. And honestly the only reason Halo 4 got game of the year was most likely for its fantastic campaign(which Halo 5 destroyed later on lol).
Everyone hated H4'd campaign though at launch, I'm pretty sure thats why the campaign/story was changed up in Halo 5, because of the fan backlash

It got game of the year because it was a great all-around game. The gameplay wasn't very halo, but it was still a good game.

H4 sold 9 mill, which is literally as much as reach. People had high hopes that 1. Mistakes would've been learned from reach so why not give it a second chance 2. It was a brand new dev in 343 and people assumed they could make it work with halo CE-reach blueprints on what works/doesn't work and 3. There was the thought of a new direction while still keeping halo as a badass game. Move onto now, and there's the trend of halo continuously falling down game by game.

as for h4 being game of the year: are we sure on this? Are we talking about spike awards? Or any specifics or overall? Cause I believe it was tell tales walking dead that won with mass effect 3 being 2nd.

as for reaches pop being #1: it was a year. CoD was already peaking at h3s twighlight so reach only had a limited window to begin with.

That link doesn't work for me.
Sorry, double post.

Lol, after 9 months at launch? Tell me, what Halo game only had six 4v4 playlists at launch? IT WAS AN INCOMPLETE GAME BUDDY. You cant justify -Yoink-. Halo 4 knocked off Halo. Get your facts straight m8. Or get rekt by the truth of these statements.
At launch, but now it's pretty full. Just to let you know, halo 3 ended up with 14 playlists, and halo 5 now has 14 playlists.
Quality is what counts. Halo 3 social playlists WERE ACTUALLY SOCIAL, not having hidden ranks inside of them like Halo 5's. If you want to be technical, most of Halo 5 isn't social because most of the playlists have god damn ranking in them, whether you can see it or not. Halo 3, a game that was released 9 years ago, had more playlists at launch than Halo 5 did. Disgraceful
Are you saying halo 5 doesn't have quality? For the hundredth time, hidden ranks don't make ANYTHING competitive. If you take off your nostalgia goggles and think back to halo 3's social slayer, you'd remember that there were tons of matches where teams would get destroyed because high level players would match up against low level players. The only reason why some take social seriously is because they care about their stats, and social and ranked stats are kept together. As I already said, that only applies for some.

Just because a game is more recent doesn't mean it has to have way more content. Graphics, yes, a newer game should have better graphics than an older game (which halo 5 does). Content, definitely not. So, no, it's not "disgraceful" by any means. Honestly to me, you sound like a whining kid when he doesn't get sprinkles on his ice cream.
Two things:

You love provoking arguments but unfortunately, I am not that type of person. "Honestly to me, you sound like a whining kid when he doesn't get sprinkles on his ice cream." You sir, made me laugh out loud for a solid five minutes. If you read my post in detail, you would have seen that at launch, Halo 3, a game that was released 9 years ago, had more playlists at launch than Halo 5 did. DISGRACEFUL. Of course, it seems you did not have your reading glasses on at the time you read my post, hence me repeating it in bold.

Second, you said, and I repeat "For the hundredth time, hidden ranks don't make ANYTHING competitive." So tell me, a rank is supposed to put players of similar skill levels together correct? And if it is hidden, it is still there correct? And before you say "No, it is not there" watch the video of an avid Halo player almost reduced to tears because he can't find a Big Team Battle match because he was too good at it, and due to his skill level being so high, he almost never found a match. And this was supposed to be in a social playlist... Your entire philosophy is, in a nutshell, rotten to the core because people are still put against players of their skill level, which isn't supposed to happen in a social playlist, because there should be NO ranks at all.

This my friend, is how your utterly squash an argument as poorly constructed and written as yours. I bid you, good day.
I did read your post correctly, I don't know why you are so confused about my response. When someone says something like "it's disgraceful" because a few playlists are missing, it really makes you appear entitled and childish.

1. If you really wanted to play players with vastly different skill sets, you could set your search parameters to expanded.
2. So many complain that the ranking system matches them against players who aren't similar in skill, and now you're complaining that it matches way too close? I think one of you guys are exaggerating here.
3. Players should still be somewhat matched with others of similar skill or else there will be many games where teams are destroyed. Matching up with a guy who is similar skill doesn't mean the game is super competitive. You could easily set your mind to be laid back, but for some reason, you don't want to.
You seem quite muddled in your little reality. Hidden ranks make the game competitive. Hence the word, RANK. This is a social playlist; it should not have ranks. Just because I have an opinion does not mean you can call me a child. How immature

That link doesn't work for me
https://goo.gl/images/3rwfqP

You didn't like Reach?

You didn't like Reach?
He doesn't say he doesn't like it in this post....
Sacr3d wrote:

You didn't like Reach?
Yes but if Reach of all games knocked Halo of its throne for him... Just interested.
I love Halo 5 but I will agree it does feel off, and I think it is the emphasis on esports.
This is just my opinion of the game so hear me out and you may think differently, Halo, a title that has dominated my attention since I was 10 (13 years ago) has finally lost it's throne, and it's depressing, Halo was what got me into online gaming. Now here's what I mean by "true" Halo experience, Halo could pull me away from any game, CE-4, that's right even Halo 4 had that addicting magnetic pull that the previous installments had, not because it was competitive, but because it was fun, there were ways to change around the gameplay so easily that I couldn't stop enjoying it, despite my many gripes and moans when I was in a bad mood, I genuinely liked 4. However Halo 5 does not have that addicting magnetic pull as I find that the "fun" aspect has been tossed aside for the sake of esports and microtransactions, and over the course of the last couple of weeks, I find myself playing games like Pokemon and Minecraft more frequently than the newest Halo title, this proves, at least to me, that Halo is no longer the king of Console FPS games, but like a great game once said "Nothing built can last forever." I truly believe Halo 6 will be just as bad if not worse than Halo 5, I will be keeping an eye out for final product gameplay, but will certainly not be pre-ordering. As for a Beta, I think we know 343's track record with Beta testing. All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

As a generic FPS: 8/10

As a Halo Title: 3/10

Halo 4 was more fun but it was more generic than halo 5.Halo 5 is generic cause of all the abilties n ads but its better than h4(with the exeption of unlimited sprint in h5)halo 4 had the modes AT LAUNCH, halo 5 had not.it only had ranked modes at launch in arena,no social modes were added until months later.Also many of the social modes in h5 such as infection,btb,griffball has not recieved either any new maps(community or dev made) or no added game variants for months.We still dont have social slayer!Halo 5 was at launch a 5/10 game.Its still 5/10,6/10 for me
You know that halo introduced the thruster pack, right? Halo 4 had modes at launch? It had 9 playlists, and halo 5 had 7. Woah that's such a big difference!!!! What's wrong with not having social slayer? I'd rather have gametypes like snipers rather than social slayer.
i know reach had jetpack.in halo 5 theres not a way to warm up for arena if you dont want to do a ranked slayer or warzone.If i change my controller settings id like social slayer to get used to the controls and practice my aim settings for ffa or ranked match.I dont want to go to warzone just to warm up.The better question is,why not have both the more the merrier?
Sacr3d wrote:

You didn't like Reach?
Yes but if Reach of all games knocked Halo of its throne for him... Just interested.
Not for me, but it is a fact that CoD took over during Reach. TBH though, I wasn't a big fan of Reach.
This is just my opinion of the game so hear me out and you may think differently, Halo, a title that has dominated my attention since I was 10 (13 years ago) has finally lost it's throne, and it's depressing, Halo was what got me into online gaming. Now here's what I mean by "true" Halo experience, Halo could pull me away from any game, CE-4, that's right even Halo 4 had that addicting magnetic pull that the previous installments had, not because it was competitive, but because it was fun, there were ways to change around the gameplay so easily that I couldn't stop enjoying it, despite my many gripes and moans when I was in a bad mood, I genuinely liked 4. However Halo 5 does not have that addicting magnetic pull as I find that the "fun" aspect has been tossed aside for the sake of esports and microtransactions, and over the course of the last couple of weeks, I find myself playing games like Pokemon and Minecraft more frequently than the newest Halo title, this proves, at least to me, that Halo is no longer the king of Console FPS games, but like a great game once said "Nothing built can last forever." I truly believe Halo 6 will be just as bad if not worse than Halo 5, I will be keeping an eye out for final product gameplay, but will certainly not be pre-ordering. As for a Beta, I think we know 343's track record with Beta testing. All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

As a generic FPS: 8/10

As a Halo Title: 3/10

Halo 4 was more fun but it was more generic than halo 5.Halo 5 is generic cause of all the abilties n ads but its better than h4(with the exeption of unlimited sprint in h5)halo 4 had the modes AT LAUNCH, halo 5 had not.it only had ranked modes at launch in arena,no social modes were added until months later.Also many of the social modes in h5 such as infection,btb,griffball has not recieved either any new maps(community or dev made) or no added game variants for months.We still dont have social slayer!Halo 5 was at launch a 5/10 game.Its still 5/10,6/10 for me
You know that halo introduced the thruster pack, right? Halo 4 had modes at launch? It had 9 playlists, and halo 5 had 7. Woah that's such a big difference!!!! What's wrong with not having social slayer? I'd rather have gametypes like snipers rather than social slayer.
i know reach had jetpack.in halo 5 theres not a way to warm up for arena if you dont want to do a ranked slayer or warzone.If i change my controller settings id like social slayer to get used to the controls and practice my aim settings for ffa or ranked match.I dont want to go to warzone just to warm up.The better question is,why not have both the more the merrier?
There's BTB you could warm up in. I also sometimes warm up in swat. It would be nice to have social slayer, but I wouldn't call it essential.
swat is more for headshot practise and you die in one shot so its not that really a warmup practice for me since its ranked too.I have done btb once or twice but i want to do 4v4/5v5 in arena maps also to play better in these type of maps^
Sacr3d wrote:

You didn't like Reach?
Not for me, but it is a fact that CoD took over during Reach. TBH though, I wasn't a big fan of Reach.
Shame - I love Reach and I've never had the mind for CoD...

Lol, after 9 months at launch? Tell me, what Halo game only had six 4v4 playlists at launch? IT WAS AN INCOMPLETE GAME BUDDY. You cant justify -Yoink-. Halo 4 knocked off Halo. Get your facts straight m8. Or get rekt by the truth of these statements.
At launch, but now it's pretty full. Just to let you know, halo 3 ended up with 14 playlists, and halo 5 now has 14 playlists.
Quality is what counts. Halo 3 social playlists WERE ACTUALLY SOCIAL, not having hidden ranks inside of them like Halo 5's. If you want to be technical, most of Halo 5 isn't social because most of the playlists have god damn ranking in them, whether you can see it or not. Halo 3, a game that was released 9 years ago, had more playlists at launch than Halo 5 did. Disgraceful
Are you saying halo 5 doesn't have quality? For the hundredth time, hidden ranks don't make ANYTHING competitive. If you take off your nostalgia goggles and think back to halo 3's social slayer, you'd remember that there were tons of matches where teams would get destroyed because high level players would match up against low level players. The only reason why some take social seriously is because they care about their stats, and social and ranked stats are kept together. As I already said, that only applies for some.

Just because a game is more recent doesn't mean it has to have way more content. Graphics, yes, a newer game should have better graphics than an older game (which halo 5 does). Content, definitely not. So, no, it's not "disgraceful" by any means. Honestly to me, you sound like a whining kid when he doesn't get sprinkles on his ice cream.
Two things:

You love provoking arguments but unfortunately, I am not that type of person. "Honestly to me, you sound like a whining kid when he doesn't get sprinkles on his ice cream." You sir, made me laugh out loud for a solid five minutes. If you read my post in detail, you would have seen that at launch, Halo 3, a game that was released 9 years ago, had more playlists at launch than Halo 5 did. DISGRACEFUL. Of course, it seems you did not have your reading glasses on at the time you read my post, hence me repeating it in bold.

Second, you said, and I repeat "For the hundredth time, hidden ranks don't make ANYTHING competitive." So tell me, a rank is supposed to put players of similar skill levels together correct? And if it is hidden, it is still there correct? And before you say "No, it is not there" watch the video of an avid Halo player almost reduced to tears because he can't find a Big Team Battle match because he was too good at it, and due to his skill level being so high, he almost never found a match. And this was supposed to be in a social playlist... Your entire philosophy is, in a nutshell, rotten to the core because people are still put against players of their skill level, which isn't supposed to happen in a social playlist, because there should be NO ranks at all.

This my friend, is how your utterly squash an argument as poorly constructed and written as yours. I bid you, good day.
I did read your post correctly, I don't know why you are so confused about my response. When someone says something like "it's disgraceful" because a few playlists are missing, it really makes you appear entitled and childish.

1. If you really wanted to play players with vastly different skill sets, you could set your search parameters to expanded.
2. So many complain that the ranking system matches them against players who aren't similar in skill, and now you're complaining that it matches way too close? I think one of you guys are exaggerating here.
3. Players should still be somewhat matched with others of similar skill or else there will be many games where teams are destroyed. Matching up with a guy who is similar skill doesn't mean the game is super competitive. You could easily set your mind to be laid back, but for some reason, you don't want to.
You seem quite muddled in your little reality. Hidden ranks make the game competitive. Hence the word, RANK. This is a social playlist; it should not have ranks. Just because I have an opinion does not mean you can call me a child. How immature
Why do you think that hidden ranks make social playlists competitive? I'd really like to hear your explanation. Social playlists are just meant to be more laid back than competitive playlists, and with hidden ranks or not, halo 5's social playlists accomplishes that.

You are twisting my words now. A child can have an opinion that all ice cream should be free, but that is considered childish, is it not? You sounded entitled when you said it was a disgrace. You know what other type of people are usually entitled? Children, so in my opinion, what said made you appear childish TO ME.

Two things:

Why do you think that hidden ranks make social playlists competitive? I'd really like to hear your explanation. Social playlists are just meant to be more laid back than competitive playlists, and with hidden ranks or not, halo 5's social playlists accomplishes that.

You are twisting my words now. A child can have an opinion that all ice cream should be free, but that is considered childish, is it not? You sounded entitled when you said it was a disgrace. You know what other type of people are usually entitled? Childs, so in my opinion, what said made you appear childish TO ME.
*Children. The plural of child is children.

Halo Reach didn't really have any mistakes though. Its multiplayer was great, fun and enjoyable, it had a great campaign and a wide variety of online gametypes. More than any Halo I believe. Not to mention it still has the best Armor Customization to date. Granted I still think Halo 3 was better but Halo Reach was a great Halo game. If I'drank them, I'd give Halo 3 a 10/10 and Halo Reach a 9.9/10.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 17