OP XanaReplica

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17
I agree 'halo' doesn't feel like the old polished 'halo' games I used to play. I think the campaign is the first giveaway being so uninspiring and not connecting to the rest of the universe. Next would be the micro-transactions (if the system isn't pay to win, then I don't know how else I would describe it). Yeah you need skill to use OP weapons, but you still have access to them, some people might not even have any decent reqs. The art style too is too bright and colourful, I wan't a gritty dark game, cause ultimately halo was a game where you go around killing a new species to protect humanity from complete destruction. It feels comical, in a bad way. If I wanted to play a bright charming game i would move to overwatch, but no I decide to stick to halo, I place my faith in 343 yet again, but if they $hit all over the franchise then they will pay the price with lower population count resulting in smaller paycheck.
This is just my opinion of the game so hear me out and you may think differently, Halo, a title that has dominated my attention since I was 10 (13 years ago) has finally lost it's throne, and it's depressing, Halo was what got me into online gaming. Now here's what I mean by "true" Halo experience, Halo could pull me away from any game, CE-4, that's right even Halo 4 had that addicting magnetic pull that the previous installments had, not because it was competitive, but because it was fun, there were ways to change around the gameplay so easily that I couldn't stop enjoying it, despite my many gripes and moans when I was in a bad mood, I genuinely liked 4. However Halo 5 does not have that addicting magnetic pull as I find that the "fun" aspect has been tossed aside for the sake of esports and microtransactions, and over the course of the last couple of weeks, I find myself playing games like Pokemon and Minecraft more frequently than the newest Halo title, this proves, at least to me, that Halo is no longer the king of Console FPS games, but like a great game once said "Nothing built can last forever." I truly believe Halo 6 will be just as bad if not worse than Halo 5, I will be keeping an eye out for final product gameplay, but will certainly not be pre-ordering. As for a Beta, I think we know 343's track record with Beta testing. All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

As a generic FPS: 8/10

As a Halo Title: 3/10
Alright. I actually checked your service record to make some conclusions here. Now don't take this as an insult, but you are a casual player. There's no denying that. And because of that I understand you and what you mean. I'm just going to tell you what my opinion is to have a comparison.

I too enjoyed the original games a lot, but Halo Reach was still my favorite from Bungie's Halo games. (I'm strictly talking about multiplayer here). And I personally hated Halo 4. I got bored on the game after a month. I struggled to play for another month after I completely quit for a while. The dlc which gave us maps like Skyline and Monolith brought me back for quite some time, but I still got bored. The last time I played Halo 4 seriously was when the dlc including The Pit + Vertigo and the game mode called Ricochet dropped. After that I haven't played it pretty much at all.

So in this regard I'm completely opposite minded with you. I have been playing Halo 5 since launch and still am playing it almost every day. I just don't get bored. I mostly play competitive Arena nowadays with friends, but I still find some time to relax on BTB, Warzone or custom games. Halo 5 has been an awesome experience for me and still keeps being one for probably quite some time. Halo 5 is a true Halo experience for me. If I keep playing it a while longer yet it might become my most played Halo game ever. (Halo Reach currently holds that spot with 1600+ hours).

But like I said, I understand why a casual player doesn't like Halo 5. There isn't enough social playlists. There isn't enough objective based playlists. There isn't enough 'fun' and 'enjoyable'. There's ranks on almost everything. Even some of the social playlists have hidden ranks. I know that Halo 5 isn't an enjoyable experience for a player who just wants to have fun while playing it. But for a guy like me.. Who constantly tries to improve my skills in the game and reach higher ranks.. Halo 5 is a great game, probably the best multiplayer Halo game ever.

Just wanted to let you know how I feel about Halo 5. I was a little bit triggered by that title of yours. Perhaps something like "Is Halo 5 really a true Halo experience?" would have been nicer. People tend to get triggered when someone posts their opinion as the title of the post. You did however point out in your writing that this is your opinion, which I appreciate.
It's weird that you liked 4 more than 5, considering it had personal loadouts and perks making it the least "Halo" mp game. 5 reversed both and brought back the equal starts (not including warzone which is an "anything goes" game), even made all the weapons actually useful for the first time.

Don't get me wrong, I still liked 4, it's just this argument makes little to no sense.
See I don't view it as that, I view Halo 4 as one of the most Halo styled Halo games because it added a f**kton of ingenuity while only ripping the loadouts, and kill streaks from CoD while maintaining it's own original gameplay, whereas Halo 5 just ripped ALL of it's feautes off of every other FPS out there. Halo isn't about being one style, it's about being unique, and Halo 4 is one of the most "unique" Halo games there are as again, it ripped off some stuff, but not too much, same with Reach, but 5 is just an amalgamation of rip offs.
Tell that to the forge mode.
All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

So... Based on your own rating of "8/10" Halo is a good game.

I understand the concept of a game not being as "Halo", but regardless you've rated Halo 5 as being 8/10. That's still a fairly high score.

I just don't understand your criticism and your ratings.
I rated Halo 5 as a genereic FPS style game to be an 8/10 but I rated is an actual Halo game to be a 3/10 due to it's sever lack of originality, and general bugginess.
It's a year after release. You've put in over 14 days on halo 5 mp.
Define "generic FPS".
Generic FPS: A first person shooter game that can stand well on it's own, but fails when held up to a higher, longer lasting title.
I agree 'halo' doesn't feel like the old polished 'halo' games I used to play. I think the campaign is the first giveaway being so uninspiring and not connecting to the rest of the universe. Next would be the micro-transactions (if the system isn't pay to win, then I don't know how else I would describe it). Yeah you need skill to use OP weapons, but you still have access to them, some people might not even have any decent reqs. The art style too is too bright and colourful, I wan't a gritty dark game, cause ultimately halo was a game where you go around killing a new species to protect humanity from complete destruction. It feels comical, in a bad way. If I wanted to play a bright charming game i would move to overwatch, but no I decide to stick to halo, I place my faith in 343 yet again, but if they $hit all over the franchise then they will pay the price with lower population count resulting in smaller paycheck.
No, the REQ System isn't pay-to-win, you are wrong. I am going to tell you why REQ System is not pay-to-win and why it's good for Halo. First, you need to progress REQ energy level to use REQ items, which allows people with advantage destroy others even more. Second, it provides delayed contents as free DLC that is not splitting the community. Third, it's single-use, means it's disposable. The more you buy, more disposable items you get over people who did not buy. Fourth, it's random. Any item will not represent anything, thus meaningless. Lastly, the optional and price. You can choose to buy with REQ points by spending excessive amount of points you earned for single randomized meaningless pack. The overpriced REQ point price to there to encourage you to spend money. Making you think, "$3 for this? Not bad, because I can skip tedious grinding!" I hope you learned why REQ System is good for Halo and isn't pay-to-win.
This is just my opinion of the game so hear me out and you may think differently, Halo, a title that has dominated my attention since I was 10 (13 years ago) has finally lost it's throne, and it's depressing, Halo was what got me into online gaming. Now here's what I mean by "true" Halo experience, Halo could pull me away from any game, CE-4, that's right even Halo 4 had that addicting magnetic pull that the previous installments had, not because it was competitive, but because it was fun, there were ways to change around the gameplay so easily that I couldn't stop enjoying it, despite my many gripes and moans when I was in a bad mood, I genuinely liked 4. However Halo 5 does not have that addicting magnetic pull as I find that the "fun" aspect has been tossed aside for the sake of esports and microtransactions, and over the course of the last couple of weeks, I find myself playing games like Pokemon and Minecraft more frequently than the newest Halo title, this proves, at least to me, that Halo is no longer the king of Console FPS games, but like a great game once said "Nothing built can last forever." I truly believe Halo 6 will be just as bad if not worse than Halo 5, I will be keeping an eye out for final product gameplay, but will certainly not be pre-ordering. As for a Beta, I think we know 343's track record with Beta testing. All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

Alright. I actually checked your service record to make some conclusions here. Now don't take this as an insult, but you are a casual player. There's no denying that. And because of that I understand you and what you mean. I'm just going to tell you what my opinion is to have a comparison.

I too enjoyed the original games a lot, but Halo Reach was still my favorite from Bungie's Halo games. (I'm strictly talking about multiplayer here). And I personally hated Halo 4. I got bored on the game after a month. I struggled to play for another month after I completely quit for a while. The dlc which gave us maps like Skyline and Monolith brought me back for quite some time, but I still got bored. The last time I played Halo 4 seriously was when the dlc including The Pit + Vertigo and the game mode called Ricochet dropped. After that I haven't played it pretty much at all.

So in this regard I'm completely opposite minded with you. I have been playing Halo 5 since launch and still am playing it almost every day. I just don't get bored. I mostly play competitive Arena nowadays with friends, but I still find some time to relax on BTB, Warzone or custom games. Halo 5 has been an awesome experience for me and still keeps being one for probably quite some time. Halo 5 is a true Halo experience for me. If I keep playing it a while longer yet it might become my most played Halo game ever. (Halo Reach currently holds that spot with 1600+ hours).

But like I said, I understand why a casual player doesn't like Halo 5. There isn't enough social playlists. There isn't enough objective based playlists. There isn't enough 'fun' and 'enjoyable'. There's ranks on almost everything. Even some of the social playlists have hidden ranks. I know that Halo 5 isn't an enjoyable experience for a player who just wants to have fun while playing it. But for a guy like me.. Who constantly tries to improve my skills in the game and reach higher ranks.. Halo 5 is a great game, probably the best multiplayer Halo game ever.

Just wanted to let you know how I feel about Halo 5. I was a little bit triggered by that title of yours. Perhaps something like "Is Halo 5 really a true Halo experience?" would have been nicer. People tend to get triggered when someone posts their opinion as the title of the post. You did however point out in your writing that this is your opinion, which I appreciate.
It'd be easier to make an appropiate title if it were over a 50 character limit, but yes I'm a casual, I play Halo for fun, not sweat.
It's a year after release. You've put in over 14 days on halo 5 mp.
And yet I've had Halo 5 since day 1, it's not that great, it's overhyped af.
All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

So... Based on your own rating of "8/10" Halo is a good game.

I understand the concept of a game not being as "Halo", but regardless you've rated Halo 5 as being 8/10. That's still a fairly high score.

I just don't understand your criticism and your ratings.
I rated Halo 5 as a genereic FPS style game to be an 8/10 but I rated is an actual Halo game to be a 3/10 due to it's sever lack of originality, and general bugginess.
You've missed what I said. 8/10 is a good score. So by your own rating, Halo 5 is a good game in your opinion, but not "Halo" enough for you. But your complaints indicate that Halo 5 as a whole is not a good game.

And that's where the problem is, if Halo 5 indeed scores 8/10 for you as a "generic FPS" it's still a good game to you.
Justima wrote:
No, the REQ System isn't pay-to-win, you are wrong. I am going to tell you why REQ System is not pay-to-win and why it's good for Halo. First, you need to progress REQ energy level to use REQ items, which allows people with advantage destroy others even more. Second, it provides delayed contents as free DLC that is not splitting the community. Third, it's single-use, means it's disposable. The more you buy, more disposable items you get over people who did not buy. Fourth, it's random. Any item will not represent anything, thus meaningless. Lastly, the optional and price. You can choose to buy with REQ points by spending excessive amount of points you earned for single randomized meaningless pack. The overpriced REQ point price to there to encourage you to spend money. Making you think, "$3 for this? Not bad, because I can skip tedious grinding!" I hope you learned why REQ System is good for Halo and isn't pay-to-win.
I get where you are coming from, but Paying enables people to increase their chances. Paying helps. Heck I have spend £200 in req packs and I have used the items to go on to win. Lets take a fresh player who has spent nothing on day one, compare it to someone who has already got everything on day one, who do you think is going to preform the best in warzone. The person who can spawn a Oni Tank, or someone who hasn't even got a DMR yet!
Justima wrote:
Justima defending the REQ system? Has April Fools Day come early?
*Re-reads text
Yep. Definitely sarcasm.
Warden657 wrote:
I hated Halo 4, Chief executive as way too dependent on Cortana. It wasn't that fun either. Multiplayer is bad too.
Cortana was dependent on Chief. They were partners. They needed each other. It was a vulnerable time for her and Chief was both her protector and her rock of support.
Justima wrote:
I get where you are coming from, but Paying enables people to increase their chances. Paying helps. Heck I have spend £200 in req packs and I have used the items to go on to win. Lets take a fresh player who has spent nothing on day, compare it to someone who has already got everything on day one, who do you think is going to preform the best in warzone. The person who can spawn a Oni Tank, or someone who hasn't even got a DMR yet!
Just grab a plasma pistol and emp the tank. You can destroy it quickly if you hijack it. You can also use cloaking to sneak up on it. There a several ways you can destroy it.
Agreed. Especially with 343 getting rid of split screen for H5 made it significantly less fun.
How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

Edit: Also, your post doesn't really explain the title.
The number of Playlists is completely irrelevant. What is the actual game play geared towards? Competitive. Completely.
How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

The number of Playlists is completely irrelevant. What is the actual game play geared towards? Competitive. Completely.
How? The competitive playlists are competitive and the social playlists are social IMO.

How? The competitive playlists are competitive and the social playlists are social IMO.
It really depends on a few things like movement and how the shooting works. If the game is built from the ground up to be an arena shooter, it doesn't matter if a Playlist is social or not. Not sure if you were around for their attempt at social slayer. It was a sweat fest.
10 bucks this thread goes to the top
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17