1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
If you play POKEMON and MINECRAFT more often... here is your answer.
If you think about abandoning Halo... maybe they'll make a Digimon or any other game similar to your current liking. ;)

Halo 5 feels like another Halo to me.
How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

Edit: Also, your post doesn't really explain the title.
halo 5 has no social playlists...social still has hidden ranking and before you say its to stop champions from facing bronze..the percentage of champs and bronze players is so low its almost a non issue...and if social does have to have hidden ranks its search criteria should be wide enough that you dont notice its there...idk if they did that with BTB recently but the games have been a little more casual and as a result infinitely more fun
Agreed. I played Halo 4 for almost a year, getting in over 2,000 games before I finally realized I was not having fun, and went back to Halo: Reach. Then I played Halo 5: Guardians, and after playing it on and off for the past year and only getting in about 355 games, I started to think that maybe Halo 4 wasn't so bad... the lesser of two evils, if you will.

It's sad to think about. My number of games played has been declining with each new release:

Halo 3: 8,900+ games played.
Halo: Reach: 6,800+ games played.
Halo 4: 2,500+ games played.
Halo 5: Guardians: 355 games played.

Now, the only reason I played less of Halo: Reach than I did Halo 3 was because of the lack of support for DLC content. Playing the same old maps over and over made the game stale... and of course there was the occasional frustration with Armor Lock.
If you think about abandoning Halo... maybe they'll make a Digimon or any other game similar to your current liking. ;)

no he said he plays those games more now as a result of his halo 5 experience..i think youre missing the point
Warfuntime wrote:
How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

halo 5 has no social playlists...social still has hidden ranking and before you say its to stop champions from facing bronze..the percentage of champs and bronze players is so low its almost a non issue...and if social does have to have hidden ranks its search criteria should be wide enough that you dont notice its there...idk if they did that with BTB recently but the games have been a little more casual and as a result infinitely more fun
I'd say since the current btb version is better then the previous version more just play it which helps the hidden ranks (which I find necessary) perform more accordingly.

I mean, some differences between btb now and then is just maps being designed better, more vehicular play is involved than before, and because of said changes some are now ditching warzone for btb since it's not quite as random. I doubt 343 changed the parameters but I can't say for sure, just my personal hunch tho.
This is just my opinion of the game so hear me out and you may think differently, Halo, a title that has dominated my attention since I was 10 (13 years ago) has finally lost it's throne, and it's depressing, Halo was what got me into online gaming. Now here's what I mean by "true" Halo experience, Halo could pull me away from any game, CE-4, that's right even Halo 4 had that addicting magnetic pull that the previous installments had, not because it was competitive, but because it was fun, there were ways to change around the gameplay so easily that I couldn't stop enjoying it, despite my many gripes and moans when I was in a bad mood, I genuinely liked 4. However Halo 5 does not have that addicting magnetic pull as I find that the "fun" aspect has been tossed aside for the sake of esports and microtransactions, and over the course of the last couple of weeks, I find myself playing games like Pokemon and Minecraft more frequently than the newest Halo title, this proves, at least to me, that Halo is no longer the king of Console FPS games, but like a great game once said "Nothing built can last forever." I truly believe Halo 6 will be just as bad if not worse than Halo 5, I will be keeping an eye out for final product gameplay, but will certainly not be pre-ordering. As for a Beta, I think we know 343's track record with Beta testing. All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

As a generic FPS: 8/10

As a Halo Title: 3/10
I guess I can kinda agree with some things. Halo 5 at launch was a nightmare for new players/casuals. However, I wouldn't say that Halo is now a generic FPS, it's gameplay is a lot different from other games, the only FPS that at least has a time to kill of 2 seconds, and the gun fights are around to 10-30 seconds, while others are 1-7. Dude trust me, Microsoft and 343 know they f*cked up with Halo 5 (some aspects of it), I have high hopes that Halo 6 is going to be a great game with full content on launch and no weird occasional bugs, maybe even remove the REQ system. Halo 5 at its core is a Halo game. So far I've had a great time playing Halo 5, especially with the customs and forge, and dude they're bringing in a CUSTOM GAMES BROWSER! Which I hope works well.
Agreed. I played Halo 4 for almost a year, getting in over 2,000 games before I finally realized I was not having fun, and went back to Halo: Reach. Then I played Halo 5: Guardians, and after playing it on and off for the past year and only getting in about 355 games, I started to think that maybe Halo 4 wasn't so bad... the lesser of two evils, if you will.

It's sad to think about. My number of games played has been declining with each new release:

Halo 3:8,900+ games played.
Halo: Reach: 6,800+ games played.
Halo 4: 2,500+ games played.
Halo 5: Guardians: 355 games played.

Now, the only reason I played less of Halo: Reach than I did Halo 3 was because of the lack of support for DLC content. Playing the same old maps over and over made the game stale... and of course there was the occasional frustration with Armor Lock.
Jeez is gaming your job... Halo Reach, Halo 4, were built around just having fun since well it tried not to be competitive. Halo 3 I feel was a much more casual game since the ranking system was kinda messed up in some ways. Btw, this isn't my Microsoft account, my gamertag is MasterMad DNM, since I'm more of a competitive person, I really enjoyed Halo 5 and just for that I've put in a couple of days. But I can understand what you guys are saying
I am kind of sick of this constant use of the no true Scotsman fallacy. The halo game might feel different from other halo games, but they are all halo. "True halo" is just a way for you to exclude parts of halo that you don't like but everyone will have a different opinion of what should or should not be considered halo. All halo games are different from one another. Get over it.
It's weird that you liked 4 more than 5, considering it had personal loadouts and perks making it the least "Halo" mp game. 5 reversed both and brought back the equal starts (not including warzone which is an "anything goes" game), even made all the weapons actually useful for the first time.

Don't get me wrong, I still liked 4, it's just this argument makes little to no sense.
See I don't view it as that, I view Halo 4 as one of the most Halo styled Halo games because it added a f**kton of ingenuity while only ripping the loadouts, and kill streaks from CoD while maintaining it's own original gameplay, whereas Halo 5 just ripped ALL of it's feautes off of every other FPS out there. Halo isn't about being one style, it's about being unique, and Halo 4 is one of the most "unique" Halo games there are as again, it ripped off some stuff, but not too much, same with Reach, but 5 is just an amalgamation of rip offs.
Well I'll have to disagree with you there (OP). While Halo 4 did just rip off load outs and killing spree, that changed the gameplay, ALOT. Halo 4 didn't really feel like Halo, H5 at least has balanced starts and no load outs and competitive playlists. Halo 5 is still unique in its own way. There is no other game that plays like Halo 5, Halo 5 has balanced starts, and a much higher ttk, with much longer gun fights. Rip offs of what? Dash was in Halo 4, Ground Pound is new, Spartan Charge is new, stabilizers are new, sprint isn't copying any game, it's just a part of the game. So how is it ripping stuff out of other FPS games? To me Halo 5 is still unique
Warfuntime wrote:

I'd say since the current btb version is better then the previous version more just play it which helps the hidden ranks (which I find necessary) perform more accordingly.

I mean, some differences between btb now and then is just maps being designed better, more vehicular play is involved than before, and because of said changes some are now ditching warzone for btb since it's not quite as random. I doubt 343 changed the parameters but I can't say for sure, just my personal hunch tho.
it was a sweaty POS..then it was VERY obviously more casual for atleast a week...and now it seems to be a sweaty POS again...im tired of it..im not even gonna play it that way again..ive seen the social light and im not going back...if a BTB game is to sweaty im quitting end of story...i dont care how long i get banned for...playing a 15 minute game that we end up losing anyway and going 12-11 is NOT fun...ive quit like 4 BTB games already in the past hour and im sure ill be banned soon..idc having a sweaty game every once in awhile but not if its the norm...im on the edge of quitting this entire game quite frankly..i know im tilting and thats apart of it...but idk

Coming from someone named "CommanderPalmer" your reply does not inspire confidence.
Warfuntime wrote:

no he said he plays those games more now as a result of his halo 5 experience..i think youre missing the point
^^^This
It's weird that you liked 4 more than 5, considering it had personal loadouts and perks making it the least "Halo" mp game. 5 reversed both and brought back the equal starts (not including warzone which is an "anything goes" game), even made all the weapons actually useful for the first time.

Don't get me wrong, I still liked 4, it's just this argument makes little to no sense.
See I don't view it as that, I view Halo 4 as one of the most Halo styled Halo games because it added a f**kton of ingenuity while only ripping the loadouts, and kill streaks from CoD while maintaining it's own original gameplay, whereas Halo 5 just ripped ALL of it's feautes off of every other FPS out there. Halo isn't about being one style, it's about being unique, and Halo 4 is one of the most "unique" Halo games there are as again, it ripped off some stuff, but not too much, same with Reach, but 5 is just an amalgamation of rip offs.
Well I'll have to disagree with you there (OP). While Halo 4 did just rip off load outs and killing spree, that changed the gameplay, ALOT. Halo 4 didn't really feel like Halo, H5 at least has balanced starts and no load outs and competitive playlists. Halo 5 is still unique in its own way. There is no other game that plays like Halo 5, Halo 5 has balanced starts, and a much higher ttk, with much longer gun fights. Rip offs of what? Dash was in Halo 4, Ground Pound is new, Spartan Charge is new, stabilizers are new, sprint isn't copying any game, it's just a part of the game. So how is it ripping stuff out of other FPS games? To me Halo 5 is still unique
Gound Pound is as old as time itself in gaming thanks to the Mario Franchise, granted you don't use your butt to kill your enemies, and Spartan Charge is just tackle, which I've seen used in many other games, namely every 2d fighting game ever. stabilizers, I believer were originally from Titanfall I may be wrong there. and Sprint was first created in the original Super Mario Bros so, yeah a LOT of games ripped sprinting off.

EDIT: Also equal starts feel LESS Halo to me as it decides who wins and who looses as soon as the game starts, whereas in 4 you could choose the weapon your were best with a tear people apart, or you could challenge yourself and use your worst weapon. The point is Halo should bea game where the players are free to choose the way they want to play, as that is how it used to be, not forcing us to conform to the sweaty try hards who can't deal with a scrub camping with a Carbine.

The number of Playlists is completely irrelevant. What is the actual game play geared towards? Competitive. Completely.
How? The competitive playlists are competitive and the social playlists are social IMO.
It really depends on a few things like movement and how the shooting works. If the game is built from the ground up to be an arena shooter, it doesn't matter if a Playlist is social or not. Not sure if you were around for their attempt at social slayer. It was a sweat fest.
I guess movement is a factor, but I wouldn't consider it a big factor that is the tie breaker between social and competitive. I was there for social slayer, and I honestly didn't think it was that bad. IMO the only reason some people take social seriously is because they care about their stats and social stats aren't kept separate, but that's only for some.
Even as a generic FPS, it's still like a 6/10 lol
EDIT: Also equal starts feel LESS Halo to me as it decides who wins and who looses as soon as the game starts, whereas in 4 you could choose the weapon your were best with a tear people apart, or you could challenge yourself and use your worst weapon.
...What?

Your feelings on equal starts betray your agenda. You do not want a more a more "Halo" Halo. You just want to pick and choose the elements that you liked and then call that a true 'Halo feel'. Anything you liked is the "True Halo feel"

Amirite?

all the weapons being "useful" is the main reason i don't really care for Halo 5. Bungie kept the weapon balance nearly the same through 4 games for a reason.

-the shotgun shouldn't borderline snipe
-the AR and pistol (except CE) should be borderline useless because you spawn with it
-The SMG, Storm Rifle, Plasma Rifle, etc shouldn't have a faster TTK than any precision weapon
-competitive playlists should be BR starts with no radar (i mean the radar is useless anyways in h5)

The weapons all had their place in the original Halo games. Shotgun was only good at VERY close range and starting weapons sucked but everyone spawned with them which encouraged the use of other weapons.
All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

So... Based on your own rating of "8/10" Halo is a good game.

I understand the concept of a game not being as "Halo", but regardless you've rated Halo 5 as being 8/10. That's still a fairly high score.

I just don't understand your criticism and your ratings.
As a generic fps he gave it an 8, a 3 for a halo title is bad
I completely disagree with you OP but to each his own.
All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

So... Based on your own rating of "8/10" Halo is a good game.

I understand the concept of a game not being as "Halo", but regardless you've rated Halo 5 as being 8/10. That's still a fairly high score.

I just don't understand your criticism and your ratings.
As a generic fps he gave it an 8, a 3 for a halo title is bad
You guys are missing the point...

8, is a good score. Generic FPS or not. If he indeed rates it as 8, then it means he really likes the game.

But then he rates it 3/10 as a Halo game, which should indicate that he doesn't like it at all. AT ALL. Generally, anything below 5/10 is a game that you do not want to play. Period.

On one hand, OP rates it 8/10 ("generic FPS", whatever he thinks that means) indicating that he likes it. A lot.
On the other he rates it 3/10 (as a "Halo title") indicating that it is not only a chore to play, but painfully bad.

Which is it? Does he hate the game, or like it? Stop with this "as a Halo game" nonsense. I understand the concept of a game feeling like a Halo game, but the differences in his scoring method is irreconcilable.

His attempt at a dual rating system is terrible and weakens any argument he tries to put forth.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17