2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 17
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This is just my opinion of the game so hear me out and you may think differently, Halo, a title that has dominated my attention since I was 10 (13 years ago) has finally lost it's throne, and it's depressing, Halo was what got me into online gaming. Now here's what I mean by "true" Halo experience, Halo could pull me away from any game, CE-4, that's right even Halo 4 had that addicting magnetic pull that the previous installments had, not because it was competitive, but because it was fun, there were ways to change around the gameplay so easily that I couldn't stop enjoying it, despite my many gripes and moans when I was in a bad mood, I genuinely liked 4. However Halo 5 does not have that addicting magnetic pull as I find that the "fun" aspect has been tossed aside for the sake of esports and microtransactions, and over the course of the last couple of weeks, I find myself playing games like Pokemon and Minecraft more frequently than the newest Halo title, this proves, at least to me, that Halo is no longer the king of Console FPS games, but like a great game once said "Nothing built can last forever." I truly believe Halo 6 will be just as bad if not worse than Halo 5, I will be keeping an eye out for final product gameplay, but will certainly not be pre-ordering. As for a Beta, I think we know 343's track record with Beta testing. All in all here's how i score Halo 5:

As a generic FPS: 8/10

As a Halo Title: 3/10
Alright. I actually checked your service record to make some conclusions here. Now don't take this as an insult, but you are a casual player. There's no denying that. And because of that I understand you and what you mean. I'm just going to tell you what my opinion is to have a comparison.

I too enjoyed the original games a lot, but Halo Reach was still my favorite from Bungie's Halo games. (I'm strictly talking about multiplayer here). And I personally hated Halo 4. I got bored on the game after a month. I struggled to play for another month after I completely quit for a while. The dlc which gave us maps like Skyline and Monolith brought me back for quite some time, but I still got bored. The last time I played Halo 4 seriously was when the dlc including The Pit + Vertigo and the game mode called Ricochet dropped. After that I haven't played it pretty much at all.

So in this regard I'm completely opposite minded with you. I have been playing Halo 5 since launch and still am playing it almost every day. I just don't get bored. I mostly play competitive Arena nowadays with friends, but I still find some time to relax on BTB, Warzone or custom games. Halo 5 has been an awesome experience for me and still keeps being one for probably quite some time. Halo 5 is a true Halo experience for me. If I keep playing it a while longer yet it might become my most played Halo game ever. (Halo Reach currently holds that spot with 1600+ hours).

But like I said, I understand why a casual player doesn't like Halo 5. There isn't enough social playlists. There isn't enough objective based playlists. There isn't enough 'fun' and 'enjoyable'. There's ranks on almost everything. Even some of the social playlists have hidden ranks. I know that Halo 5 isn't an enjoyable experience for a player who just wants to have fun while playing it. But for a guy like me.. Who constantly tries to improve my skills in the game and reach higher ranks.. Halo 5 is a great game, probably the best multiplayer Halo game ever.

Just wanted to let you know how I feel about Halo 5. I was a little bit triggered by that title of yours. Perhaps something like "Is Halo 5 really a true Halo experience?" would have been nicer. People tend to get triggered when someone posts their opinion as the title of the post. You did however point out in your writing that this is your opinion, which I appreciate.
So to sum that up if someone dislikes halo 5 and not being drenched in ball sweat their casuals? Dude get over yourself. And yes feel free to look at my kd/service record that has taken some hits because I stopped giving a damn about h5. I'll admit h5 was built for people like you, heck 343i caters to the "hard core" players now more then ever. Also your post gives a great example of why many find h5 not fun, just saying.
A lot of people hate on H5 all over, but honestly I think the only place where it could've done noticeably better was in the way they orchestrated the campaign (good premise, just didn't quite work out in execution). As far as multiplayer and gameplay though, I love Halo 5. It's much more engaging than the previous games were, and I love (almost all) of the changes they've made.

My main objection to the haters is that they'd never be satisfied. If they change things, they say "this isn't classic Halo, you guys suck"; but if they basically reskin H:CE - 3 those same people are like "you guys basically put out the same product again, you guys suck".

Dudes. (and ladies). COME ON. Evolution of a series isn't a perfect science, but I certainly commend them on taking some risks to try and improve things for the future. This isn't the same game as H:CE -- and nor should it be, as we are in a different story now too. Things are changing, but that's not always a bad thing.

I think as long as they take the "lessons learned" to heart for their work on H6, they should be able to hit it out of the park.
How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

Edit: Also, your post doesn't really explain the title.
Lol, after 9 months at launch? Tell me, what Halo game only had six 4v4 playlists at launch? IT WAS AN INCOMPLETE GAME BUDDY. You cant justify -Yoink-. Halo 4 knocked off Halo. Get your facts straight m8. Or get rekt by the truth of these statements.
At launch, but now it's pretty full. Just to let you know, halo 3 ended up with 14 playlists, and halo 5 now has 14 playlists.
Quality is what counts. Halo 3 social playlists WERE ACTUALLY SOCIAL, not having hidden ranks inside of them like Halo 5's. If you want to be technical, most of Halo 5 isn't social because most of the playlists have god damn ranking in them, whether you can see it or not. Halo 3, a game that was released 9 years ago, had more playlists at launch than Halo 5 did. Disgraceful
How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5. Can you further explain why you don't think halo 5 is fun but halo 4 was?

Lol, after 9 months at launch? Tell me, what Halo game only had six 4v4 playlists at launch? IT WAS AN INCOMPLETE GAME BUDDY. You cant justify -Yoink-. Halo 4 knocked off Halo. Get your facts straight m8. Or get rekt by the truth of these statements.
Halo Reach never lived up to the standards Halo 3 set out. Mix that along with the huge change of direction before Bungie jumped ship for Destiny, Halo Reach is generally considered the start of the downfall of Halo.

-Yoink- Most of Halo 4's problems originated with Halo Reach.
Yet Halo Reach was still better than Halo 4. And before you disagree with me, compare Halo Reach's Metacritic Score from critics and fans alike. And then you shall see that although Halo Reach was controversial, 343 Industries HAD ALL THE POWER to change the mechanics to how they were in Halo 3. Yet they didn't.
<Sigh> Yes, it is true. :(

I just don't get that rush of excitement when I play Halo 5. The only mission I got it from was Mission 2: Argent Moon, because it had the dark theme and weight of a classic Halo mission.

You know what I'm talking about? You know how you watched all the Star Wars movies and when you went to the theaters to see The Force Awakens and the opening iconic theme song started playing, you just got this rush of excitement and nostalgia? It's that kind of rush.

Halo used to have it.

This post has been hidden.

Justima wrote:
Warden657 wrote:
I hated Halo 4, Chief executive as way too dependent on Cortana. It wasn't that fun either. Multiplayer is bad too.
I agree, Halo 4 campaign is overrated.
Overated !?!? No my friend it was underated when halo 4 came out because everyone wad close minded and missing bungi and the gave halo 4s campain such a hard time just coz it wasnt bungi that guess what they changed it and now halo 5 ...the campaign that could of been awesome but because complaining for no reason is just meh

At launch, but now it's pretty full. Just to let you know, halo 3 ended up with 14 playlists, and halo 5 now has 14 playlists.
Quality is what counts. Halo 3 social playlists WERE ACTUALLY SOCIAL, not having hidden ranks inside of them like Halo 5's. If you want to be technical, most of Halo 5 isn't social because most of the playlists have god damn ranking in them, whether you can see it or not. Halo 3, a game that was released 9 years ago, had more playlists at launch than Halo 5 did. Disgraceful
H3 did have hidden ranks. You could easily look it up or even look at the old forums to find out. There really is no point in arguing what a true social experience is cuz it'll differ but the main point is to not have that risk/reward factor when playing social. They hid the ranks so that you won't see them and in return you wouldn't worry because you couldn't see them which then meant you played more laid back and never got to intense focused into the game. Almost every game uses hidden ranks whether people want to believe it or not, it's a must.

Yeah 343 and Microsoft messed up with the "free DLC" plan they did. To me social is just not having to worry about winning a game in a certain playlists, and that's what it is. Even if it does have hidden ranks, it definitely still widens the players, I've gone against multiple lvl 20s. I just hope you're not one of those Bungie fanboys...

This post has been hidden.

Halo Reach never lived up to the standards Halo 3 set out. Mix that along with the huge change of direction before Bungie jumped ship for Destiny, Halo Reach is generally considered the start of the downfall of Halo.

Yet Halo Reach was still better than Halo 4. And before you disagree with me, compare Halo Reach's Metacritic Score from critics and fans alike. And then you shall see that although Halo Reach was controversial, 343 Industries HAD ALL THE POWER to change the mechanics to how they were in Halo 3. Yet they didn't.
Well what I was hoping was not there, he is just a Bungie Fanboy (belgianking777) . When are you going to understand that Halo had to change at some point!?! A game can't stay the same for 15 years! Letme ask you this question, How Should Have Halo Changed? And if it didn't change then it'd be a scam buying the same game 5 times in a row, just for more maps and a couple new guns. Not saying that the changes made were the best, but they weren't horrible.
Not every game is going to be Halo 3...Halo 3 is over.
Sacr3d wrote:
Sacr3d wrote:
Id love to disagree but when i really think about it, i dont think i can. Not saying im Not addicted to halo 5 because i am, and i was addicted to halo 4 as well, but that doesnt make it fine. The Only thing i use to play in halo 4 was Spartan ops, because it was the most fun in my opinion, which is kinda sad. And the Only thing i play in halo 5 is WZFF, because its the most fun imo, which is still a sad think to think about and remember the halo 2 days, somethings deffinitely not right here
Does WZFF actually help that much with K/D?
i dont understand what youre asking, but in wzff K/D isnt really a thing to worry about
You have a 5 K/D from only playing WZFF. Your arena K/D is just over a 1. I am just surprised that the K/D is affected that much from just WZFF :)
You know what, I actually played a WZFF game with you and a dry noodle not too long ago lol, i definitely remember because of the Whiskey clan, and of course you guys were top of the leaderboard
Yeah we are trying to finish WZFF wins and infection wins.
Sorry but yes it is... every Halo game is a Halo experience. Every Halo brought changes to game play and mechanics. If you can't handle change perhaps a franchise that just reskins and repackages their games to sell year after year is more towards your liking. Sure not every change Halo has made has been good but their has been plenty of good changes as well. Maybe try and concentrate on what you like instead of what you don't like.
Phaaze wrote:
Quote:
How does halo 5 focus too heavily on esports when there's 8 social playlists and 6 ranked playlists? Halo was knocked off its throne during halo Reach, not halo 5
Arc Trooper,

I replied to this in your thread you made sometime last week and I don't believe I got an answer.

Quantity isn't the issue. It's quality and variety. People who want social playlists don't just want BTB, Infection, Grifball, and so on. Why is it that we are forced to play these playlists? Why can't 4v4 Slayer, CTF, Strongholds, and gametypes that are completely missing like Oddball, why can't these playlists be social? Going by the number of playlists tp make a point is absurd; there's no variety and there's too much exclusivity when it comes to this.

As for popularity falling off for Reach, I recall a number of disgruntled players disliking the game because of how different it was The game was not perfect, but if it wasn't playing at a constant 20FPS on backwards compatibility, I can assure you that I and many other players would be playing that over Halo 5.
During it's runtime, people threw more fire than this game than people hate Halo 5 right now. Pretty much these exact same threads were thrown everywhere on B.net.

Also, Reach is playing at a near constant 30FPS as of this week.

That's not what I'm arguing? If anything you're proving my point.

Halo Reach fell flat compared to Halo 3. Halo 4 hit the ground hard compared to Halo Reach.

The population declined ever since Halo 3. So the population decline started in Reach.

Bungie isn't the perfect developer people think they are, since they started the huge change in direction with Reach

Are you saying halo 5 doesn't have quality? For the hundredth time, hidden ranks don't make ANYTHING competitive. If you take off your nostalgia goggles and think back to halo 3's social slayer, you'd remember that there were tons of matches where teams would get destroyed because high level players would match up against low level players. The only reason why some take social seriously is because they care about their stats, and social and ranked stats are kept together. As I already said, that only applies for some.

Just because a game is more recent doesn't mean it has to have way more content. Graphics, yes, a newer game should have better graphics than an older game (which halo 5 does). Content, definitely not. So, no, it's not "disgraceful" by any means. Honestly to me, you sound like a whining kid when he doesn't get sprinkles on his ice cream.

And that's a problem, why?

Ranks prevent high level players from facing extremely poor players and just stepping on them every game. Otherwise, Social playlists are only social for the better players, because the chances of them fighting similar ranked players is much lower than finding anyone lower than them.

Even a game like Rocket League uses hidden MMR in their unranked playlists. I guess Rocket League is completely a competitive game as well with no social playlists.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 17