Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5. Issues to address! In depth!

OP I OnUrX I

I have over 32,000 games played. The following can make H5 a much better game. Please discuss!

1) The colours of the maps are over saturated. Can barely see blue Spartans accross the map! The art team have done a good job but the maps to me are lacking brightness! Far to dull bland, bring me the greens, the yellows from H3 Guardian H3 Pit! Need more higher pitched colours more stand out in you're face colours!

2) The AR is over powered, maybe with other weapons in the fully game it will be more balanced.

3) Spartan physics feel a little heavy. I want to be able to strafe in my battles. Please increase movement speed to 110% this will further increase the skill gap and create more intense and exciting battles

3) Halo needs the 1 - 50 ranking system. We have been asking for years now!

4) Give us more variants of the sniper rifle, beam rifle ect! Also more grenades. Frag and plamas are cool yes, but they have been around for 10 years.

5) When sprinting with sword towards opponent I often lunge straight through them with out my sword melee attack registering at all and end up dying! Needs 're working!

6) EXP accumulated after each match should never be a representation of one's over all skill. It simply means you've put in more hours. E.g inheritors in Reach! A simple 50 next to the character emblem is needed, before the match starts it creates hype e.g " They have two 5 star General level 50s" "This is going to be a good match" Easy!

7) Grenades take 2 seconds to long to explode, often missing you're target. Frag grenades often bounce off 3 or even 4 surfaces before exploding! With the addition of Sprint grenades must go off a lot quicker! Grenade physics in terms of trajectory and wall bounces still feel good, range is also a slight issue. I feel like holding down grenade throw button to change grenade to throw further distance like plasma pistol change would be good and would further increase the skill gap. The longer you hold the further you throw. Throwing grenades between Red and Blue is cumbersome at present. I do understand that the maps are twice as big now with Sprint. We should also be able to carry 4x Frag 4x Plasma! Bring back the spike grenades as they help with taking down vechiles ext, who doesn't like a good sticky grenade. Also fireball grenade from Halo 3 days were amazing how ever were never implemented into match making due to lag issues. Please bring back the in incineration medal.

8) Remove the sniper rifle power weapons up in 10 seconds. That's what separates the skill gap is having to learn and write down weapon times not be giving them for free and with a green waypoint directly to their spawn location. It is was to casual/noon friendly IMO.
I absolutely love the addition of Spartan callouts like "Enemies got the sword" tells me not to push their base. Or "We lost sniper rifle" tells me I have no one covering me. More call outs and information like this is good especially when you're team mates don't have mics! "Picked up a DMR" is a little lame. "Got a multikill" is very handy as it tells me in a 4v4 that half the enemy team is dead, time to push for power weapons/flags ect. More call outs and more information from the A.I would be greatly appreciated and welcomed by all. Knowledge is power in a game of Halo!

9) Please bring back the spartin laser! Please bring back the gravity hammer. Please bring back the brute shot! Please bring back the Carbine!

10) This next one is subtle but is huge in terms of rewarding the player making them feel awesome about their kill! Medal displays on screen need to be MUCH bigger, brighter and more polished. Medal displays and colours were never the same after Halo 3. Nice big bright yellow for double kill. And nice big bright Orange for over kills is what we want. People used to take screenshots in Halo 3 of their medals in theater. Perfection medal screenshot was popular. After H3 the medals become dull, bland plain and boring lacking in depth colour saturation.

11) Kill cams optional. I use my death cam and pan the camera so I can see where the enemy is moving to I can then call them out or when I spawn have a rough idea of where they went on the map.

12) Vibration can't be turned off.

13) Ranked playlist of Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Team Objective and Lonewolves FFA. Myself and friends used to stay up all night trying to get a level 50 in every playlist. That's what made the game fun and that's what ultimately gave Halo 3 the longevity! A simple 50 next to someone's name even when in custom game lobby the 50 symbol needs to be there to tell other's ok, we got a bad ads here. It's that simple 343i showcase the hard work and the hours of game time we played to get that 50. Put it permanently next to our name so matter what lobby you're in its always visible!

14) Give us Bungie Favourites. Lol only this time call it 343i Favourites. Make the file share system better and theater mode 4 players should be able to watch.

14) Bring back armour lock. Ok that was a joke

Thanks for reading, please discuss!
Bump. Sorry but took me an hour to write I want you're feed back lol
This guy is the truth!
I agree with most, but to me, number 3 is most important.
I didn't want to read it all as long as no mechanics are removed I agree.
I didn't want to read it all as long as no mechanics are removed I agree.
What's the point in being in a discussion if you don't even read the OP? He has some solid points and I agree with everything he has said!
I'm sorry, but I really can't take you seriously if one of your suggestions is bigger medals.

There are to many medals to begin with. You get pretty much 2 medals for every kill you perform, and they've named absolutely nothing since Reach.

Back in Halo 3, medals were cool things to get. They normally meant you actually performed a feast of skill, worth recognition. Now you literally get a medal just for killing someone.

Multi kills, sprees, weapon sprees, assist sprees, and close calls. We don't really need much else crowding our screen.

Why do I get a headshot medal? Who cares?

Why do I get a grenade kill medal? Should I be awarded for using one of the 3 main pillars of the Halo power triangle?

Why do I get a medal for doing nothing more than killing an opponent with no particular flare.
I'm sorry, but I really can't take you seriously if one of your suggestions is bigger medals.

There are to many medals to begin with. You get pretty much 2 medals for every kill you perform, and they've named absolutely nothing since Reach.

Back in Halo 3, medals were cool things to get. They normally meant you actually performed a feast of skill, worth recognition. Now you literally get a medal just for killing someone.

Multi kills, sprees, weapon sprees, assist sprees, and close calls. We don't really need much else crowding our screen.

Why do I get a grenade kill medal? Should I be awarded for using one of the 3 main pillars of the Halo power triangle?

Why do I get a medal for doing nothing more than killing an opponent with no particular flare.
Medals is really a great way to bring in players that are consumed with doing well an getting rewarded for their efforts even though they lose...!
Isnt this what we been sayin for years now? There obvi not listening
Bamlett53 wrote:
Isnt this what we been sayin for years now? There obvi not listening
Years we have been asking. It's our game they work for us we pay for the product they make millions end of story. Do you're job
I think you're not understanding the ranking system of Halo 5. It is just like Halo 2/3 with the fact that the more games you win the more you move up, and as you lose games you rank down. I'm a guy who supports win/loss ranking systems and wanted the Halo 2/3 system back, but this ranking is superior because it goes more in depth. It will create nice division from the guy who just started, the casual player, and the mlg pro. That last part is something that Halo 2/3 was never able to do with the level 50 cap. This isn't like Halo Reach or Halo 4, the wins/losses matter just like in Halo 2/3 it's just represented in a different way.
I think you're not understanding the ranking system of Halo 5. It is just like Halo 2/3 with the fact that the more games you win the more you move up, and as you lose games you rank down. I'm a guy who supports win/loss ranking systems and wanted the Halo 2/3 system back, but this ranking is superior because it goes more in depth. It will create nice division from the guy who just started, the casual player, and the mlg pro. That last part is something that Halo 2/3 was never able to do with the level 50 cap. This isn't like Halo Reach or Halo 4, the wins/losses matter just like in Halo 2/3 it's just represented in a different way.
Yes but will the rank still be visible in lobby or will itonly be viewable in the service record
My one major gripe is the fact that shields are terribly underpowered
My one major gripe is the fact that shields are terribly underpowered
Shields are fine as they are!
Bump....
Bump
after i read about 4x grenades i had a good chuckles and then disregarded everything else in the post
I agree with the OP but I have a coupe of things I have noticed that may have been over looked by the developers.

1. When you run over a weapon you don't currently have, say a BR, the writing 'hold X to pick up' is so small I don't really notice it. I find myself walking over weapons.

2.I find I cannot press the back button to review the previous games stats, this is in every other Halo game, why not this one?

Medals is really a great way to bring in players that are consumed with doing well an getting rewarded for their efforts even though they lose...!
No. Medals used to be meaningful acts of skill deserving of rewards. I do not to deserve to get a minimum 2 medals for every kill I get.

And thats what it is, there is a past on the forums here where someone took 5 hours of beta footage, and counted how many medals were received, how many kills were shown, and he took the average of the two. 2 medals per kill makes them meaningless and awful.