[Locked] Halo 5 magnum was a MISTAKE

OP epicmexican475

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
If the magnum had better bloom like the reach magnum had it would be more balanced and allow the BR and DMR to shine
Well thankfully Mythic Arena is out for this month.

Enjoy the H2 Battle Rifle in Halo 5 while it's available..
Lol. This is honestly the first time someone has ever complained about the pistol in Halo 5. It’s the only weapon that isn’t screwed up by Halo five’s “weapon tuning.”

Even when the game released, the only weapons that fired in a semblance of what they were in the past was the pistol and the assault rifle this time around.

The pistol isn’t the problem. The problem is that the br and DMR was ruined by 343 because they wanted to make them fire too much like a damn COD gun..

It’s neither... we just got some bastardized version of a cod gun and a halo gun...
Lol. This is honestly the first time someone has ever complained about the pistol in Halo 5. It’s the only weapon that isn’t screwed up by Halo five’s “weapon tuning.”

Even when the game released, the only weapons that fired in a semblance of what they were in the past was the pistol and the assault rifle this time around.

The pistol isn’t the problem. The problem is that the br and DMR was ruined by 343 because they wanted to make them fire too much like a damn COD gun..

It’s neither... we just got some bastardized version of a cod gun and a halo gun...
i think it was exatcly that, it was not tuched by the weapon tuning, and yes the -Yoink- halo cod is a problem, but the problem is that as you said; it was not touched, it needs to be touched but ehen all the halo 5 sweatlords will be up in arms couse they dont have thyr s"scoples dmr spawns" in every game, like honestly what even is the difference betwen the magnum and the DMR, i think the problem was there, the magnum is too acurate and almost overtakes the DMRs role while also doing tis own as a good close range precicion adn very reliable mid to long range weapon, its just too packed on how much it can do, i say the main problem is just its TOO acurate

i think it was exatcly that, it was not tuched by the weapon tuning, and yes the -Yoink- halo cod is a problem, but the problem is that as you said; it was not touched, it needs to be touched but ehen all the halo 5 sweatlords will be up in arms couse they dont have thyr s"scoples dmr spawns" in every game, like honestly what even is the difference betwen the magnum and the DMR, i think the problem was there, the magnum is too acurate and almost overtakes the DMRs role while also doing tis own as a good close range precicion adn very reliable mid to long range weapon, its just too packed on how much it can do, i say the main problem is just its TOO acurate
I can agree with that. The problem also with Halo 5’s DMR is unlike the Reach DMR, you can’t really use it in multiple roles..
Magnum should be a good headshot weapon in close range, with dispersion and recoil. BR for mid range and DMR for long range. I hope that will be the case on infinite
Talking about overpowered magnums?

welcome to halo kid.
Personally I really like the magnum as a starting weapon and think it makes for a great utility weapon. In general I think magnum only starts in ranked is the most fun way to play. I wish the AR was a map pick up in slayer. The only weapons that I really never use are the br and the smg. The smg is fine but I never really use it unless I can sneak up on someone but am still somehow too far away to get a beat down or if I need a secondary and my primary is out of ammo. The BR in its current state seems to only be good at picking off weak opponents but it’s too inconsistent to duel with in my opinion.

I’ve also seen a lot of comments asking what the difference between the magnum and DMR is. The most noticeable difference for my play style is the DMR is a 2-shot melee kill and the magnum takes 3 shots. I find that in close range I’m able to surprise people if I keep the DMR out. It’s a little more unwieldy to handle in close range than the magnum is but if I am able to close for the beat down after 2 shots it’s worth the lack of handling in duels. Otherwise the DMR is a lot better at range than the magnum is. Overall if I have to choose between the two I typically go DMR unless I am gonna be in close quarters fighting multiple people I choose magnum because I can maneuver and shoot easier and wouldn’t want to risk closing for a melee and get picked off by another player.
The pistol is on par with what I expect for Halo multiplayer. I prefer the DMR instead of the pistol if I can swap it out I will.
I hate Halo 5's "magnum". It should not be outshooting rifles at the ranges it does; I say 343 should've nerfed it's damn red reticle range to about 20 meters, since they're so hellbent on that being the new standard range for the motion tracker as well. Seriously, the MT range is so short they might as well just disable the stupid thing. As it is, we just have countless stupidly brief ambush "gunbattles" with idiots Spartan Charging everyone in sight for cheap coward kills. Halo 5 is an embarrassment to the franchise, one which I cannot wait to leave in the dust.
KevChaos86 wrote:
I hate Halo 5's "magnum". It should not be outshooting rifles at the ranges it does; I say 343 should've nerfed it's damn red reticle range to about 20 meters, since they're so hellbent on that being the new standard range for the motion tracker as well. Seriously, the MT range is so short they might as well just disable the stupid thing. As it is, we just have countless stupidly brief ambush "gunbattles" with idiots Spartan Charging everyone in sight for cheap coward kills. Halo 5 is an embarrassment to the franchise, one which I cannot wait to leave in the dust.
god i wish it was 20 min, its 18 in arena and as you say, at that point just get rid of the -Yoinking!- thing,, halo has always had 25m radar and it was always good and consistent and worked for all the games, "hur dur you dont need it, hur dur just listen for footsteps" is the most unfounded retort of the issue, halo has never, N E V E R had the sound fidelity for footsteps being the reliable method of finding out where the enmy is "just comunicate with your temate to stay aaware" is an aceptable retort but how often do you have teamates talking, and even if you are the only one, they ignore you and your callouts 95% of the time, i think the radar problem lies more on 343 puting pro players opinions above the regular people, i can see that those guys and the team comms dont really need the radar, but exactly, they are a PRO TEAM and not the 2digit IQ randoms that get dumped on your team in matches. that my friend is also one big isshue that should be repited in Infinte
The magnum is not a mistake but it’s considered too powerful that made old players mad.
The magnum is not a mistake but it’s considered too powerful that made old players mad.
Old? Old players are accustomed to a 3-shot pistol as the Utility [precision] Weapon.
Idk i've noticed the pistol does require more skill because aiming is more sensitive, if its the main long distance gun that helps with creating skill gaps
JakeisCake04
Unity
While I certainly agree with your opinion, I still use the BR even against someone with the Magnum, and win. Here's why: the Magnum may be a scopless DMR (Although the DMR has a 4 shot kill, Magnum a 5 shot kill) but the Magnum is INSANELY hard to use for new players, and even experienced players who haven't played for a week or two. The Magnum requires HIGH level of skill in aiming, otherwise you just miss all your shots. The BR has a larger reticle, and a more slightly aggressive aim assist. That being said, it's easier to use, and if you're fighting someone with a BR and they aren't the best shot with a Magnum, then they're gonna get out played, mate.

Now I get that some people are excellent with the Magnum. I have a decent shot and out play BR users all the time, but they usually aren't all that good. Now the BR has a 4 shot kill, or perfect kill, and the Magnum, like I said, is a 5 shot kill. So if the Magnum user misses just ONE shot, and you land all 4 on the head (which is rather easy), then you'll take out the Magnum player before he can say Locke. Sorry this is so long but there's plenty of info stating how the Magnum requires skill to be overpowered, and even then, it won't stop a perfect BR player or perfect DMR player.
Can definitely agree with that as well, especially for the DMR. I take that over tha magnum any chance I get.

With that said, I was just responding to the main post of the magnum being a mistake. And my argument was that it is not because it helps with creating a skill gap, which is important for SBMM games
Its kinda sad that a pistol is more constant than a heavier rounded burst rifle.
JakeisCake04UnityWhile I certainly agree with your opinion, I still use the BR even against someone with the Magnum, and win. Here's why: the Magnum may be a scopless DMR (Although the DMR has a 4 shot kill, Magnum a 5 shot kill) but the Magnum is INSANELY hard to use for new players, and even experienced players who haven't played for a week or two. The Magnum requires HIGH level of skill in aiming, otherwise you just miss all your shots. The BR has a larger reticle, and a more slightly aggressive aim assist. That being said, it's easier to use, and if you're fighting someone with a BR and they aren't the best shot with a Magnum, then they're gonna get out played, mate.

Now I get that some people are excellent with the Magnum. I have a decent shot and out play BR users all the time, but they usually aren't all that good. Now the BR has a 4 shot kill, or perfect kill, and the Magnum, like I said, is a 5 shot kill. So if the Magnum user misses just ONE shot, and you land all 4 on the head (which is rather easy), then you'll take out the Magnum player before he can say Locke. Sorry this is so long but there's plenty of info stating how the Magnum requires skill to be overpowered, and even then, it won't stop a perfect BR player or perfect DMR player.
The basic H5 DMR is an optimal 5-shot kill, but the fire rate restricts its optimal TTK to ~1.5 seconds. The Red-Reticle-Ranges (RRRs) on the basic Recon DMR are vastly superior to the standard Magnum.

The H5 BR is an optimal 11-bullet kill (aka 4-trigger pulls), but its optimal TTK is ~1.4 seconds. The default Recon H5 BR’s Zoomed RRR is barely better than the standard Magnum. Its Hipfire RRR is sadly worse than the Magnum.

The standard Magnum is an optimal 5-shot kill and its optimal TTK is ~1.3 seconds.
eLantern wrote:
JakeisCake04UnityWhile I certainly agree with your opinion, I still use the BR even against someone with the Magnum, and win. Here's why: the Magnum may be a scopless DMR (And yes the DMR has a 5 shot kill, the Magnum also a 5 shot kill) but the Magnum is INSANELY hard to use for new players, and even experienced players who haven't played for a week or two. The Magnum requires HIGH level of skill in aiming, otherwise you just miss all your shots. The BR has a larger reticle, and a more slightly aggressive aim assist. That being said, it's easier to use, and if you're fighting someone with a BR and they aren't the best shot with a Magnum, then they're gonna get out played, mate.

Now I get that some people are excellent with the Magnum. I have a decent shot and out play BR users all the time, but they usually aren't all that good. Now the BR has a 4 shot kill, or 11 bullets to kill, and the Magnum, like I said, is a 5 shot kill. So if the Magnum user misses just ONE shot, and you land all 4 on the head (which is rather easy), then you'll take out the Magnum player before he can say Locke. Sorry this is so long but there's plenty of info stating how the Magnum requires skill to be overpowered, and even then, it won't stop a perfect BR player or perfect DMR player.
The basic H5 DMR is an optimal 5-shot kill, but the fire rate restricts its optimal TTK to ~1.5 seconds. The Red-Reticle-Ranges (RRRs) on the basic Recon DMR are vastly superior to the standard Magnum.

The H5 BR is an optimal 11-bullet kill (aka 4-trigger pulls), but its optimal TTK is ~1.4 seconds. The default Recon H5 BR’s Zoomed RRR is barely better than the standard Magnum. Its Hipfire RRR is sadly worse than the Magnum.

The standard Magnum is an optimal 5-shot kill and its optimal TTK is ~1.3 seconds.
Thanks for informing me lol

You're right. The Magnum and DMR even have the same TTK
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4