Halo 5 magnum was a MISTAKE

OP epicmexican475

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service. Sorry for the inconvenience.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
i think it was exatcly that, it was not tuched by the weapon tuning, and yes the -Yoink- halo cod is a problem, but the problem is that as you said; it was not touched, it needs to be touched but ehen all the halo 5 sweatlords will be up in arms couse they dont have thyr s"scoples dmr spawns" in every game, like honestly what even is the difference betwen the magnum and the DMR, i think the problem was there, the magnum is too acurate and almost overtakes the DMRs role while also doing tis own as a good close range precicion adn very reliable mid to long range weapon, its just too packed on how much it can do, i say the main problem is just its TOO acurate
You're right. The Magnum and DMR even have the same TTK
The magnum's rate of fire is slightly faster than the DMR. The TTK is like.1 or .2 seconds slower than the magnum. Also, the DMR is a 2 shot beat down while the magnum is 3. The scope on the DMR makes it easier to fight at longer ranges than the magnum, try using the DMR at extreme ranges.
JakeisCake04UnityWhile I certainly agree with your opinion, I still use the BR even against someone with the Magnum, and win. Here's why: the Magnum may be a scopless DMR (Although the DMR has a 4 shot kill, Magnum a 5 shot kill) but the Magnum is INSANELY hard to use for new players, and even experienced players who haven't played for a week or two. The Magnum requires HIGH level of skill in aiming, otherwise you just miss all your shots. The BR has a larger reticle, and a more slightly aggressive aim assist. That being said, it's easier to use, and if you're fighting someone with a BR and they aren't the best shot with a Magnum, then they're gonna get out played, mate.

Now I get that some people are excellent with the Magnum. I have a decent shot and out play BR users all the time, but they usually aren't all that good. Now the BR has a 4 shot kill, or perfect kill, and the Magnum, like I said, is a 5 shot kill. So if the Magnum user misses just ONE shot, and you land all 4 on the head (which is rather easy), then you'll take out the Magnum player before he can say Locke. Sorry this is so long but there's plenty of info stating how the Magnum requires skill to be overpowered, and even then, it won't stop a perfect BR player or perfect DMR player.
while you are correct on ther being a skill gap, halo 5 excluding the magnum and SMG have all in my opinon perfectly carved ranges and niches, the DMR long range precicion weapon, BR mid range percicion weapon, AR close~mid range automatic, the Magnum should be a close range precicion and the SMG a close range powerhouse, but the magnum simply just preforms not only good in its intenden role, but also performs very good on ALL OTHER RANGES with the exeption of the DMR at very long ranges couse of the longer range scope, while yes it needs skill, the "medium" skill ceiling is not that high, and magnum competence is indeed quite easy, but thats subjective, and the main problame which makes the magnum a mistake is the fact that it robs the nieche of all other UNSC base guns, not of whait it admitedly is and should be limeted to being, the close range precicion weapons is a good thing but the way it stands as of now makes it a mistake by overhadowing the other weapons in their own fields which if the magnum out of the picture, play eachother in a very fun way.
AbrahamRek wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service. Sorry for the inconvenience.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ser la mejor magnum no es ser necesariamente "buena", el problema con la magnum en halo 5 es neseariamente eso; es demasiado "buena" e invalida el resto del armamento de la UNSC, si te fijas cada una tiene un rol designado, el DMR es combate de precicion a largo alcanse, el BR es de alcanse medio, el AR es de alcanse corto~medio y la amgnum deveria ser de precicion de corto alcanse, como en reach o halo 5, el problema en halo 5 es que al ser emasiado "buena" hace que invalide el resto, siendo capas de ser mas que muy competente en los rangos en que fueron desginados las demas invalidandolas, es damasiado precisa y facil de usar en cualquier rango y ese es mayormente el problema, la magnum deveria ser mas como en halo reach o halo 4, competente en sus rangos y rol de "arma de precicion de rango corto" y usable en rangos medios si se tiene la habilidad de controlar el spread de la reticula
I wish I could try Halo 5 MP without the Overtime update changes; the recoil on the Halo 5 BR is just stupid, & the thing is just chunky & ugly as hell; I much prefer the H2 BR that they, thankfully, had the sense to bring back. I just wish it was the standard BR pickup on all the maps.
does this happen to you because every time when I win a round of ranked swat My bar won’t go up and when I lose it goes down, please explain this to me.
I think the Magnum is a little OP. I mean, it is a pistol after all. It would make more sense for a rifle to do more damage. I also think that it is balanced out because of its range. It can't compete with a DMR, or a BR at long range. And because its a precision weapon, it is kinda hard to use, especially after using something like a BR or AR.
The problem isn't with the Halo 5 magnum, it's the fact that the other precision weapons such as the BR and DMR have been nerfed dramatically making the BR a terrible pickup and the DMR only good for long range engagements (I agree with the DMRs balancing, just not the BR).
Conor5017 wrote:
The problem isn't with the Halo 5 magnum, it's the fact that the other precision weapons such as the BR and DMR have been nerfed dramatically making the BR a terrible pickup and the DMR only good for long range engagements (I agree with the DMRs balancing, just not the BR).
Agreed. If only the BR’s Red-Reticle-Ranges (RRRs) didn’t get nerfed I think the weapon would’ve found that ideal niche role. I’m still annoyed that they simply didn’t make the Long-Barrel variant the default variant throughout the Ranked & Social Arena environments while leaving the nerfed ranges as the default for the Warzone environment given they weren’t going to revisit the tuning process again. As I mentioned previously within this thread the nerfed ranges actually work alright within that environment which is why I assume they elected to make that adjustment and stuck with it despite the negative effect it’s had on the BR within the Arena environment.
Hopefully some of this stuff gets balanced correctly in infinite
The Halo 5 magnum is the epitome of perfection, and the BR still has it's pros in certain situations.
Hopefully some of this stuff gets balanced correctly in infinite
Given the return of Bloom I’d suspect not.
Well i think it's the best thing it could happened to the Halo 5 multiplayer, i've never seen a player with Champion rank complain about it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4