Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 needs more classic weapons

OP KChief99

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I honestly thought they had got every thing...
the splinter grenades are already pulse grenades replacements, and in my opinion they were useless in halo 4; sentinel beam and focus rifle have the same functions, however I would like to see the sentinel beam back; there are already stationary turrets on forge, even better than Halo 2 ones, because those ones can detach like in Halo 3; excluding those ones, the others would fit perfectly on he gameplay adding it more variation.
Just play the old games for the classic weapons. I want to see more new weapons rather than "classics."
Play the old games and you have the old weapons. On top of that you get better gameplay out of the old games.
KChief99 wrote:
I would really like some more classic weapons in Halo 5 because there are very little weapons. Most of the weapons are exclusive to warzone.
So this is my list of weapons they should bring back
  • Flamethrower (Preferably both Halo CE and 3 so we have options 😉)
  • Plasma Rifle (original)
  • Shotgun (original design, probably should have a lot of ammo like Halo CE because the new one has very little ammo)
  • Brute Shot aka Grif Shot
  • Stationary Turret (like the Halo 2 turret)
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Focus Rifle
  • Sentinal Beam
  • Sticky Detonator
  • Incendiary Grenades
  • Spike Grenade
  • Pulse Grenade
I would just like to mix up the gameplay a bit more and add more diversity. I especially like the different grenades. However, for the various maps in multiplayer they should lower the amount of grenades on the map and the amount of time it takes for them to respawn.
The bolded weapons are ones I do not agree with and I'll explain why.

Shotgun: It's suppose to have low ammo. It's a close range weapon that can kill in one or two shots. Halo CE & 2's clip were far too large and made the shotgun overpowered. While Halo 5's shotgun range is outrageous, it's balanced out by the need to reload after only five shots.

Brute shot, grenade launcher, and sticky detonator: We already have two grenade launchers in Halo 5, the Hyrda and plasma caster. While I did love the weapons, it'd bring way too many explosive weapons into Halo 5's sandbox. We don't need anymore grenade launchers. Plus it's been almost like a tradition for the Halo games to change up the grenade launchers each game.

Focus rifle & sentinel beam: Both of these weapons sucked and they do the exact same thing. If either of the two should return, it should be the sentinel beam like it was in H2A. Otherwise these weapons were terrible for use in multiplayer.

Pulse grenade: They did nothing. Splinter grenades do the same job and a much better job of doing it.

Stationary turret: We have the shade turret
Brute shooootttt
I welcome return of classic weapons, but they need to upgrade their design. I don't like CE Magnum and Halo 2 BR in the game.
Justima wrote:
I welcome return of classic weapons, but they need to upgrade their design. I don't like CE Magnum and Halo 2 BR in the game.
Why?? that's what makes them "classic", for me Halo 2 BR design is ok, however Halo CE Magnum is a bit simple and lazy design, they should cange it to the Halo CEA design.
I like all these ideas of classic weapons returning to Halo 5, but the pulse grenades, seriously, you do know the splinter grenades is similar to the pulse grenades it just has a different function. Spike grenades, I don't see that happening at all. the other weapons, I could see happening, but several of them, I do not.
This game would have been better if they would have not added weapon variants, but rather added more news weapons and returned the classics. Instead of warzone we should have gotten an reamped BTB.
Bring all of those back and more money will be spent on the game
Love me some boomsticks, so the more shotties varients, the more love I have for this game!
I think there should be more brute weapons and the original plasma rifle.
No. Stop. The weapon sandbox is already a cluttered mess of completely redundant garbage. Don't ASK them to make it worse.
zRiggsZ wrote:
the very fact that we want so much stuff from older games shows how incompitant 343 is at making games
Is this some troll? The amount of unique and different weapons as well as balanced weapons are perfect in this game. Plus this statement OMG I puked as my brain cells slowly died out. Where on Earth did you get that idea from. People wanting a few more classic weapons to return means 343 is incompetent lol what a joke!
We don't need many more classics at all we got enough to be honest lets not get a bit greedy. Most are pointless anyway, but with one last major content drop there is a chance of one final new weapon to H5 I want the brute shot. Having an aggressive grenade launcher with increased melee would be interesting to me in a game like this
In 10 years no one will remember ''that gun" from halo 5. I remember the halo 2 br and the halo ce magnum but no one will remember anything from halo 5.
Spoiler:
Show
We don't need many more classics at all we got enough to be honest lets not get a bit greedy. Most are pointless anyway, but with one last major content drop there is a chance of one final new weapon to H5 I want the brute shot. Having an aggressive grenade launcher with increased melee would be interesting to me in a game like this
Its our job to be greedy to some extent we are the consumers without us they are nothing
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2