Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 on PC?

OP ManDudeGod

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Since the Master Chief Collection got confirmed for PC, I have been excited to play it. Unfortunately, Halo 5 is not confirmed to be included with the MCC on PC. Will it be released separately on PC, be included as paid DLC later on for the MCC, or not at all?
They haven't announced anything. Who knows, maybe one day?
Probably after all the games have been released. It's pretty much the perfect Halo PC game, fast and competitive. I'd definitely expect to see a PC release.
Probably more likely once Infinite's development starts to wrap up.
I would suspect eventually. Microsoft seems to me moving towards the "game from anywhere" direction so I have a feeling a lot of games are going to be across all Microsoft platforms. Which I worry about hackers ruining it for console gamers since you can hack and mod from PC so easily.
LethalQ wrote:
I would suspect eventually. Microsoft seems to me moving towards the "game from anywhere" direction so I have a feeling a lot of games are going to be across all Microsoft platforms. Which I worry about hackers ruining it for console gamers since you can hack and mod from PC so easily.
I have a feeling they'll have a good anti-cheat, and if they do, hacking shouldn't be a huge problem. There will definitely be cheaters, but since the game won't be free and probably won't be insanely cheap so any cheater can just pay $20 and start hacking on a new acct, I don't think it'll be too bad. Same goes for modders, but I think most modding will be positive and only allowed on certain servers.

Now if the game was F2P or like $10, then yeah, cheating would probably bring about the game's demise, kind of like what's happening with Apex Legends/CSGO, both very popular games, and both free, and both overrun with cheaters.
I doubt we’ll see Halo 5 on PC until well after Infinite’s release. Hopefully it will be added to MCC in the near future.
I would say not at all. Halo 5 currently isnt something that's being thought about when it comes to MCC. Maybe one day in the future it will but that's the distant future. 343's focus right now is on Halo Infinite and MCC for now.
for now, only custom games. at a 60 fps lock...
I definitely support this game going to PC as well but I don't think it should be included with the MCC because its not a Legacy game like Halo 4 and before from the Xbox 360 and before. Probably a separate application of Halo 5 should be created, released on Steam and on the Microsoft Store with play anywhere on the xbox one. But you never know and 343 could maybe include it in the MCC if they want to break the Legacy title rule.

Another reason 343 should probably delay Halo: Infinite is having to do with the story leading up to game. I think 343 may need to delay Halo: Infinite now since they are porting over Halo MCC to PC and for PC players to not understand what is going on (without looking at Halo 5 walkthroughs online or getting an Xbox to play the game), they will have no understanding what will happen when they enter playing Infinite. I "suppose" they could create an animated short film (if they want to be cheap about this) of the events of Halo 5 (other companies have done this sort of thing before with previous sequels of other game franchises leading up to a new game on a new platform), but I think 343 should not go that route and work on porting the game over instead (because it will be well worth doing!) if they are having to release Infinite alongside the next xbox (I don't see the reason why they should have to make this happen like this from a market point of view).

I hope 343 can retain a separate legacy team to work on past halo games to port them over to other systems in the future and not just a one time thing working on MCC.
I'd like to see at least the campaign brought to PC, so players who play through MCC on PC can play Halo 5 before diving into Infinite. Although this may not be completely necessary since 343 has said Infinite will be friendly to players who are new to the franchise.
Well if MCC is coming to PC, it could be possible Halo 5 will come to PC too someday, but maybe not as a MCC DLC.
Would love to play co-op 5 with my friends on PC
I'm gonna be honest, I do hope that they do bring it to PC. With a controller it makes Halo 5 UNBEARABLE even though it is a great game. Plus, it would be pretty fun to play it before Infinite comes out.
Just my opinion, but i want to get the master chief collection so i can run through the entire story again. I dont care for anything else, and the fact that 5 isnt in the collection nor do we have any idea if it will be coming to PC makes me want to just watch the custscenes off youtube instead doing a playthrough of my own.
I really hope it does so I can play war zone and multiplayer.
Doubts, it seems 343 has abandoned halo 5 except for keeping the servers running. There hasn't been a single update for halo 5 in well over a year.
By the years end, it may well be the only/last ever halo console only title. Let that sink in, I hope 343i take an eternity to port it across to pc.
Doubts, it seems 343 has abandoned halo 5 except for keeping the servers running. There hasn't been a single update for halo 5 in well over a year.
Playlists are being updated, matchmaking has be consistently tuned and they just launched the BTB refresh. Game is in sustain but it's still getting attention
Probably not at all but halo 5 forge is on pc so i guess that's the closest.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2