OP ManDudeGod

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11
There’s pretty much no excuse to not bring Halo 5 to PC other than 343 not really feeling like doing it. I get that H5’s story is considered the black sheep of the franchise, but it’s a little odd how H4 has been marketed as ‘the final game PC players need for the full Halo experience’ when Halo 5 is literally sitting right there waiting to be brought over.
Halo 5 needs to be on pc, would pay 60$ no problem.
I built a gaming PC to move from Xbox to PC, so I downloaded Halo 5: Forge, only to have it NEVER launch when I try to start it up on the PC.
If you have the Halo app installed, uninstalling that should fix the issue. It was retired a few months back and no longer required
maybe now that infinite is delayed for a whole year h5 can get a port?
Drahicr wrote:
The delay is to focus on getting Infinite to the quality they want for release, it's not going to open up more resources for something like this
stckrboy wrote:
I built a gaming PC to move from Xbox to PC, so I downloaded Halo 5: Forge, only to have it NEVER launch when I try to start it up on the PC.
If you have the Halo app installed, uninstalling that should fix the issue. It was retired a few months back and no longer required
The Halo app was uninstalled when I downloaded to the new Xbox thingy for my PC. Tried firing up Halo 5 Forge and still didn't work.
yeeeee we need halo 5 on PC!!! I want it!
yeeeee we need halo 5 on PC!!! I want it!
Not only you. I'm very surprised by their decission of not making port of halo 5 especially because of halo 5 forge ported earlier. Nevertheless I really appreciate their effort on porting the majority of the series. Gonna hold myself away from watching anything related to the halo 5 if by any chance it will be ported someday even knowing that it's not that good.
I wish! I had so much fun playing Halo 5 unlocking everything, not to mention that the graphics would really shine on PC.
With the confirmation of Infinite’s delay being at least a year, I’d say it’s fairly likely that we could get Halo 5 PC before Infinite’s release. A few more months of the MCC team fixing bugs and adding features to that, then switching over to doing the Halo 5 port. I could see a release sometime in the summer.
stckrboy wrote:
Drahicr wrote:
The delay is to focus on getting Infinite to the quality they want for release, it's not going to open up more resources for something like this
I don't think I agree really, 343 can move resources around if they want (or maybe ask for more funding from Microsoft or hire another studio to help out like 343 likes to do anyways). To be honest, its going to be pretty hard to convince PC players after Infinite releases to go and play the prequel to Infinite (Halo 5, especially going for SR 152) when were going to be so focused on that game after next fall (if no more delays happen) and especially if there is a 10 year plan, were going to be playing Infinite for a very long time after its release on Xbox and PC. It really would be very smart for 343 to get the whole game on PC before Infinite (to be quite honest people will be fine if there is a very limited post support period for bug fixing but thats all the game needs besides some PC optimization and specific features that MCC has that Halo 5 Forge doesn't have, they can make it happen if they are working on making it happen soon).

About the SR 152 reward from Halo 5 to be in Infinite, if we got the game soon on PC , the PC player will have no way of getting to that Rank in time (most likely won't happen) but at least later into Infinite's lifecycle they might get it at some point.
I don't think I agree really, 343 can move resources around if they want (or maybe ask for more funding from Microsoft or hire another studio to help out like 343 likes to do anyways).
They already have a number of partners working with them - Certain Affinity and Skybox are working with the Infinite team and Saber are working with the MCC team, who just announced their plans for next year. I would love nothing more than to see this happen, but the chances of it happening before Infinite launches are (at the moment) pretty much zero
stckrboy wrote:
I don't think I agree really, 343 can move resources around if they want (or maybe ask for more funding from Microsoft or hire another studio to help out like 343 likes to do anyways).
They already have a number of partners working with them - Certain Affinity and Skybox are working with the Infinite team and Saber are working with the MCC team, who just announced their plans for next year. I would love nothing more than to see this happen, but the chances of it happening before Infinite launches are (at the moment) pretty much zero
Well 343 did make that surprise announcement back in early 2019 of committing to the MCC PC port, it could honestly happen again soon behind the scenes with Halo 5 PC port.
I hope they just port Halo 5 forge to steam and throw in the rest of the content as dlc, as well as fix some bugs and add in fov, uncapped framerates, input based matchmaking and other user friendly stuff. Maybe even give players an easier way to earn the armors or...the dreaded req points. In the meantime, Halo 5 forge is still surprisingly active and is actually kind of fun
I really wish H5 was on PC. Being away from my console for the past 12 months and another 3 months to go has pretty much confirmed I'm not getting to 152
Personally I think it's utterly disgusting that they don't plan to release Halo 5 Guardians on Windows / PC, what's the point of granting us access to all the other Halo games apart from one? I have been a big Halo fan since CE and I have recently purchased the MC Collection on Steam, I wouldn't even be bothered if it was released as a standalone game and not apart of the MC bundle. Just the fact that I can play all the campaigns apart from one is annoying me to the point of insanity, not really the best way to treat a fan base. Hopefully they come to their senses and actually port it over to PC so we can have the full story / campaign.
I really hope that they see how much interest people have in a H5 PC Port. It's the last missing game, come on!
Devinite wrote:
I really hope that they see how much interest people have in a H5 PC Port. It's the last missing game, come on!
FOR REAL. Sucks I don't see many people talking about it. I would finish my 152 grind if it was on PC. And they could add it to PC, and use it to hype up Infinite with in-game events. Also if they show us more rewards in Infinite that we get from playing Halo 5, I'm sure more people will go back to play it. It is the LAST Halo game that needs to be added to PC, and I really hope they do it before Infinite drops, because I think if it comes out after Infinite, no one will play it and it will be a waste of time.
I think 343 underestimates the amount of people that want this. Even though it wasn't the best addition, it is an important part of the series. I personally really loved the multiplayer and I wish I could play it at its full potential on pc. I really hope they reconsider bringing a full port.
Halo 5 would make for the perfect PC game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11