OP ManDudeGod

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. ...
  7. 13
343, Please listen to our woes and bring us Halo 5 on pc (And Halo wars 2 on steam cause come on ; - ; ). It would be so fun and could bring even more players into Halo 5 and halo wars 2
exactly
its not 343, its phil spencer
I don’t think Phil Spencer has much to do with bringing Halo 5 to PC.

I imagine the reason Halo 5 isn’t on PC is because the game stopped getting supported many years ago. With Infinite (a free to play multiplayer game) just around the corner who is actually going to be playing Halo 5 PC? Very few people. As a time investment to make the game port to PC it just doesn’t seem worth it by any means.

As for Halo Wars 2, the game has stopped being supported as 343i wanted to focus on MCC. Once again, I’m sure the game has a decent playerbase on Xbox and putting it in steam wouldn’t hurt. With it being an Xbox first party title Microsoft/Xbox probably want the game to stay within their own ecosystem rather than getting their sales profit cut because of Steam.
TheDonCJG wrote:
With Infinite (a free to play multiplayer game) just around the corner who is actually going to be playing Halo 5 PC? Very few people.
This argument makes no sense. Who wants to play the 5th game before the 6th game? Anybody who bought Halo MCC on Steam, or bought it in the Microsoft store, and whose account is not regularly used to sign into an Xbox One or a Series?

All of those people.

It's pretty basic logic. As far as I'm aware:
Spoiler:
Show
If I was to start playing Infinite now, I've missed out on a huge chunk of story. And I'm not paying £200-£300 for a console and game to fill in that gap. I bought MCC about 4 days after launch, paid full retail price. As it stands, I won't be doing that for Infinite. Halo ends at 4.
You all realize that we will soon have Halo 5 on PC by way of Xcloud coming to windows. Halo 5 is one of the Xcloud enabled games, so no one will have to own an actual xbox to play it, they will just need sufficient internet to support game streaming, then a month subscription to xcloud. It might not be the actual Halo 5 PC port we were all hoping for, and with the inherent lag of game streaming it might not be the best for multiplayer, but it will allow PC only gamers to play through the campaign and be caught up on the story when Infinite comes out this year. Then as for multiplayer, I would guess that most people will be happy sticking with MCC for legacy multiplayer, or infinite for a multiplayer experience that is sure to improve of the Halo 5 multiplayer formula.
The least I'd want from this is to update Halo 5: Forge and add in the campaign as DLC (Maybe even warzone and matchmaking). They already have a part of the game on PC already and porting that to steam might not be as hard. And they really should add in the fov slider cause the original fov is annoying me ; - ;
The least I'd want from this is to update Halo 5: Forge and add in the campaign as DLC (Maybe even warzone and matchmaking). They already have a part of the game on PC already and porting that to steam might not be as hard. And they really should add in the fov slider cause the original fov is annoying me ; - ;
compared to halo MCC halo 5 forge on pc doesn't run well. I would want halo 5 to get the same love as the other titles in the MCC. It's still a halo game.. Just put it on PC like the MCC, it doesn't need new achievements, put it on steam, and watch it hit top sales just like halo mcc did. Is the campaign as good? No, but some people will and have only played halo mcc because its on PC and those individuals will probably play halo infinite on pc as well. These players have no idea what has happened between halo 4 and infinite because they don't own an xbox and haven't played halo 5.

Doesn't seem fair is all! bring over all halo games to pc. Halo MCC, Halo wars 1, Halo wars 2, Spartan strike, and Spartan assault are all on PC.. lets do the right thing for the pc gamers! Bring halo 5 to pc.
QuinnGTL wrote:
compared to halo MCC halo 5 forge on pc doesn't run well. I would want halo 5 to get the same love as the other titles in the MCC. It's still a halo game.. Just put it on PC like the MCC, it doesn't need new achievements, put it on steam, and watch it hit top sales just like halo mcc did. Is the campaign as good? No, but some people will and have only played halo mcc because its on PC and those individuals will probably play halo infinite on pc as well. These players have no idea what has happened between halo 4 and infinite because they don't own an xbox and haven't played halo 5.

Doesn't seem fair is all! bring over all halo games to pc. Halo MCC, Halo wars 1, Halo wars 2, Spartan strike, and Spartan assault are all on PC.. lets do the right thing for the pc gamers! Bring halo 5 to pc.
Preach.
I recently purchased a PC and gave my Xbox to my family. I have Halo Wars DE, Halo Wars 2, and MCC installed. It hurts that I haven't been able to play Halo 5 in a few months. I love the multiplayer. I'd also like to finish out all the campaign achievements I was too lazy to grab the first time because of the story. The gameplay was great, the story writing not so much. PC players deserve to experience this game before Infinite makes it's debut!
I recently purchased a PC and gave my Xbox to my family. I have Halo Wars DE, Halo Wars 2, and MCC installed. It hurts that I haven't been able to play Halo 5 in a few months. I love the multiplayer. I'd also like to finish out all the campaign achievements I was too lazy to grab the first time because of the story. The gameplay was great, the story writing not so much. PC players deserve to experience this game before Infinite makes it's debut!
xCloud game streaming is currently in beta for Windows PC, and will be releasing to the public soon. As soon as xCloud for windows goes public, you will only need a good internet connection and game pass subscription in order to fully enjoy Halo 5 on PC (Note: you will also need an xbox controller to hook to your PC as I don't expect keyboard and mouse to be supported). Is this solution as good as a native Halo 5 PC port? Absolutely not its not even close, but I am willing to take what I can get, and while this may not be the best solution for us PC gamers, it is a solution none the less.
I have both Xbox and PC. I prefer PC if the games are on game pass ultimate. It seems a little late for this to happen at this point considering Halo Infinite is just around the corner. However I would absolutely love for Halo 5 to become available to PC even if it's a little late.
They'll probably add it to pc a little after infinites release. Not excited about it though, all the cool clips that people get on xbox will be easily outdone on pc, making many players lose the will to play it on console entirely. Just like what happened to mcc.
APBsniper wrote:
They'll probably add it to pc a little after infinites release. Not excited about it though, all the cool clips that people get on xbox will be easily outdone on pc, making many players lose the will to play it on console entirely. Just like what happened to mcc.
MCC still has console players? I play with K&M disabled and can find matches fine enough.
APBsniper wrote:
I honestly think if they add it to PC after Infinite releases, no one will play it. Maybe those hardcore Halo 5 players, or anyone who wants to play Halo 5 to understand the story or unlock the Infinite rewards. But other than that, why would anyone play it? Infinite will most likely be THE Halo game everyone plays for a while. I mean, I wouldn't be mad if they added Halo 5 to PC after Infinite releases, but I think it would suck if they did.
Too bad it will no longer come to pc and we only have its forge, it would be a very bad idea to take the game to pc at this point, it will no longer be playable as if it had been released to pc on launch day
Wouldn't it be cool at the very least if 343i added Halo 5: Forge into MCC? That would be a small and achievable first step that I think would be a win-win for everyone.
I start getting back into Halo after getting a gaming PC and now I have to get an Xbox just to play Halo 5? Wtf Phil
Too bad it will no longer come to pc and we only have its forge, it would be a very bad idea to take the game to pc at this point, it will no longer be playable as if it had been released to pc on launch day
I don't see why it would be a bad idea. It can't possibly be that expensive to port the game over, and it will definitely sell. A lot of people never cared about Halo 4 coming to PC until it did, and then it became quite successful. Aside from the game sales it also has the REQ system which generates revenue from microtransactions. If they built it people will come, it's that simple. If people still don't support it then who cares, it will at minimum gain popularity again with crossplay and would be a good promotion for Infinite.
APBsniper wrote:
I honestly think if they add it to PC after Infinite releases, no one will play it. Maybe those hardcore Halo 5 players, or anyone who wants to play Halo 5 to understand the story or unlock the Infinite rewards. But other than that, why would anyone play it? Infinite will most likely be THE Halo game everyone plays for a while. I mean, I wouldn't be mad if they added Halo 5 to PC after Infinite releases, but I think it would suck if they did.
I think people will definitely play it. Think of how many Halo games there are and people support them. People play 6 different freakin multiplayer Halos in MCC, people play mods like extinction and SPV3, people play (or will play based on the interest shown) fan made Halo games like Winter contingency and Installation 01, people played Halo Online that was only in Russia, people even play Halo on Xbox 360. The community LOVES anything Halo, specially when given the opportunity to play Halo in new and fresh ways. Think about how little people cared about Halo 4, and it's hella successful on PC. If we had the same mentality towards it we never would have gotten it. A lot of Halo 5's lack of popularity is also because of it being restricted to Xbox, it would have no trouble finding its own sub-community.

I really hate how much people dismiss Halo 5 because they judge it on it on the franchise legacy, not as an independent game. Even MS themselves dismiss it. Halo 5 is the latest in the series, the campaign, no matter how much it's criticized, is a new experience and at minimum the gameplay can be appreciated. The multiplayer is entirely fresh compared to past Halos and is considered one of the best multiplayer games of last gen by many. It has the most robust Forge mode and most people don't even know how incredible it is. It has warzone mode which actually gives you things to work towards, for those people that like to unlock weapons with their progress, and it is totally independent from the traditional MP modes.

I honestly feel that the community needs to just step up and demand it, even if they don't think they will play it having the option to play it only benefits the franchise and the community. If we keep coming up with reasons to prevent it from happening it will certainly never happen. No one expected classic Halos to be on PC, no one expected Halo 4 on PC, no one expected crossplay and 120 FPS. If they make it, people will come.
Would be better if we just forgot that Halo 5 ever existed.

The only good thing it ever did was having a great Forge mode,but even that is wasted on Halo 5's sad excuse for Halo gameplay

The only good thing it ever did was having a great Forge mode,but even that is wasted on Halo 5's sad excuse for Halo gameplay
I'll be honest, I enjoy Halo 5's gameplay WAY more than Halo 4's. Yeah the campaign was absolute garbage, but I enjoyed the MP and Warzone Firefight. Then again I am a competitive player and Halo 5's MP was tailored more to the competitive side of gamers.

Yea, you may have not enjoyed it, but some people do and sadly, it's still a halo experience that people want to play. I've tried the Halo 5 Forge on PC and it's pretty fun, which is why I'm even here trying to get it to pc. It has the potential to be really fun for players. To be honest, some players like the new fast paced mechanics of halo 5 than the older style of Halo 3. Not saying that Halo 3 is flawed or anything (Please don't kill me) but people just like it. I think Halo 5 deserves somewhat of a second chance on PC (And steam) as I think it fits with PC's more fast paced and snappy controls which makes the controlling pretty good. I just hope they put in the features that the game needs to be good on pc than just another shoddy console port, if they finally listen to us.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. ...
  7. 13