1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. ...
  8. 20
I started playing on xcloud on a razer kishi and i would love an fov update after getting used to playing through the entire mcc at 90-100 degrees
I have had some success (relatively low lag) playing Halo 5 on xcloud through a web browser on my PC, but every time I have tried Halo 5 over xcloud using the xbox app on my Galaxy S10, the lag was just to horrendous and it felt like all I could manage was to wildly wave the guns around and not manage to hit anything. So needless to say, xcloud over mobile is unplayable in my opinion, while xcloud on PC is usable.

That being said the best choice for a fully mobile full fat Halo experience would be the Steam Deck once its released, which means that MCC and Infinite will be no problem to play on it since they are fully ported to PC and on Steam, but there will be no putting Halo 5 on it.
DoomS53 wrote:
I would love to see Halo 5 on PC.
A lot of us would love to see this, but alas the 343 gods do not seem to want to grant us this wish. Maybe if a lot of us start politely bugging Unyshek and Postums on twitter, then maybe 343 would realize how much we want this lol.
RedS7n wrote:
Drahicr wrote:
The thing is, halo sells, whether X game is not received well or not. Hundreds, thousands, millions will still buy it. Halo 5 would still sell well if it gets a full pc port, despite people saying it's trash again and again on steam discussions.

I'd buy it again and so would everyone else, including those who say it's crap.
Do people even use the Steam discussion forums? :) I find them to just be full of people complaining or asking questions that could be found with a quick Google. Better places for discussion are around, imo. :)
The Steam forums are definitely pretty toxic, and a lot of people I see there do not seem very intelligent based on the nonsense they are posting.
ManDudeGod wrote:
Since the Master Chief Collection got confirmed for PC, I have been excited to play it. Unfortunately, Halo 5 is not confirmed to be included with the MCC on PC. Will it be released separately on PC, be included as paid DLC later on for the MCC, or not at all?
honestly as much as i want halo 5 on pc and how much i think it was a HUGE blunder on 343's part not porting it to pc. i doubt it will happen the current head of 343's xbox game devision is fighting hard to keep as many halo games on xbox as he can and he has laid down so much -Yoink- to try and keep 5 on xbox exclusively its not even funny in his words he claimed that halo 5 would not come to pc because halo games need to stay where the gameplay feels best
Shifty3162 wrote:
ManDudeGod wrote:
Since the Master Chief Collection got confirmed for PC, I have been excited to play it. Unfortunately, Halo 5 is not confirmed to be included with the MCC on PC. Will it be released separately on PC, be included as paid DLC later on for the MCC, or not at all?
honestly as much as i want halo 5 on pc and how much i think it was a HUGE blunder on 343's part not porting it to pc. i doubt it will happen the current head of 343's xbox game devision is fighting hard to keep as many halo games on xbox as he can and he has laid down so much -Yoink- to try and keep 5 on xbox exclusively its not even funny in his words he claimed that halo 5 would not come to pc because halo games need to stay where the gameplay feels best
What are you talking about? Who do you think is the head of "343's Xbox game division"?

They have said that currently they don't have plans to bring Halo 5 to PC due to the resources, but there haven't been any executives state anything remotely close to what you described.
Shifty3162 wrote:
ManDudeGod wrote:
And today's "Fake Halo News of the Day" award goes to...
RedS7n wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
ManDudeGod wrote:
This doesn't make much sense, especially since we can play Xbox games with an Xbox controller on a Microsoft OS PC . . . I smell smoke and bs . . .
Mongerty wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
ManDudeGod wrote:
What are you talking about? Who do you think is the head of "343's Xbox game division"?

They have said that currently they don't have plans to bring Halo 5 to PC due to the resources, but there haven't been any executives state anything remotely close to what you described.
"I don’t want to make it some kind of artificial mandate, because then I think we end up with Frankengames," said Spencer. By avoiding this, Microsoft therefore believes that games that are "meant for a certain platform" will stop being shoehorned into a ported release schedule. said by phil spencer xbox executive https://gamerant.com/microsoft-halo-5-pc-reason-516/
DeusDuce2 wrote:
RedS7n wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
ManDudeGod wrote:
This doesn't make much sense, especially since we can play Xbox games with an Xbox controller on a Microsoft OS PC . . . I smell smoke and bs . . .
"I don’t want to make it some kind of artificial mandate, because then I think we end up with Frankengames," said Spencer. By avoiding this, Microsoft therefore believes that games that are "meant for a certain platform" will stop being shoehorned into a ported release schedule. said by phil spencer xbox executive https://gamerant.com/microsoft-halo-5-pc-reason-516/
Shifty3162 wrote:
DeusDuce2 wrote:
RedS7n wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
ManDudeGod wrote:
Did you bother to look at the publish date on that article? Its MAR 31, 2016, and that is before MCC was announced for PC, or before we even knew anything about Infinite and that it was coming to PC. Since that article was published Microsoft has gone in hard on PC gaming and making xbox more accessible to all. Also as previously stated, 343 has publicly said said that there are no plans at this time to port Halo 5, not that it wont ever happen. So next time check the publish date on your source first to make sure its not outdated.
ManDudeGod wrote:
There is a way to play halo 5 on PC. I do. Halo 5 forge for PC
I bet Halo 5 is announced for PC before summer ends and released before Infinite arrives.
ManDudeGod wrote:
True, but H5 Forge for PC comes no where close to the full fat version of Halo 5. There is no matchmaking, only an almost always empty server browser, and there is no Campaign either, so not really comparable to Halo 5.
RAM 994 wrote:
I bet Halo 5 is announced for PC before summer ends and released before Infinite arrives.
I would like that, but I don't think its very likely. If 343 were going to release H5 for PC anytime soon then I think they would have announced it at E3, and they did not.
Shifty3162 wrote:
DeusDuce2 wrote:
RedS7n wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
ManDudeGod wrote:
Did you bother to look at the publish date on that article? Its MAR 31, 2016, and that is before MCC was announced for PC, or before we even knew anything about Infinite and that it was coming to PC. Since that article was published Microsoft has gone in hard on PC gaming and making xbox more accessible to all. Also as previously stated, 343 has publicly said said that there are no plans at this time to port Halo 5, not that it wont ever happen. So next time check the publish date on your source first to make sure its not outdated.
i mean reguardless of publish date... it still seems that Phil spencer's words still hang true. do you see halo 5 on pc? do you see it even talked about by any microsoft or 343 staff/devs
Shifty3162 wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
DeusDuce2 wrote:
RedS7n wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
ManDudeGod wrote:
i mean reguardless of publish date... it still seems that Phil spencer's words still hang true. do you see halo 5 on pc? do you see it even talked about by any microsoft or 343 staff/devs
If Phil's words were true then MCC would never have been ported to PC, also Infinite was delayed for 1 year due to not enough being done on it, so they are currently all hands on deck to make sure its released this year, end of story, so they don't exactly have a lot of extra man power to spare on an H5 port right now. So they actually have a good excuse for the moment on why we have heard nothing on an H5 PC port.
Shifty3162 wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
DeusDuce2 wrote:
RedS7n wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
ManDudeGod wrote:
If Phil's words were true then MCC would never have been ported to PC, also Infinite was delayed for 1 year due to not enough being done on it, so they are currently all hands on deck to make sure its released this year, end of story, so they don't exactly have a lot of extra man power to spare on an H5 port right now. So they actually have a good excuse for the moment on why we have heard nothing on an H5 PC port.
I think it will be very interesting to see what the sustained demand and population effects are for H5 after Infinites release. For a long time I have thought that if we dont get a port before Infinite we will probably not be getting a port at all, but I guess time will tell shortly.
Shifty3162 wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
DeusDuce2 wrote:
RedS7n wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
ManDudeGod wrote:
That quote was in reference to games like Age of Empires, that simply would not work on Console without a massive overhaul for controls.

Halo 5 literally has been partially ported to PC with working controls AFTER that interview was made. It is obvious that the only roadblock is that 343 either can't spare the resources to port it, or made a decision that they wanted those resources elsewhere.
Shifty3162 wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
DeusDuce2 wrote:
RedS7n wrote:
Shifty3162 wrote:
ManDudeGod wrote:
I think it will be very interesting to see what the sustained demand and population effects are for H5 after Infinites release. For a long time I have thought that if we dont get a port before Infinite we will probably not be getting a port at all, but I guess time will tell shortly.
Very true, part of me thinks all of the Halo games mp population will tank due to everyone moving to Infinite, while another part of me thinks that certain older Halo titles will keep a good population going, since they wont be festering with 10 year olds getting on the multiplayer for free like Infinite will have to be dealing with, ah the joys of free to play.
ManDudeGod wrote:
True, but H5 Forge for PC comes no where close to the full fat version of Halo 5. There is no matchmaking, only an almost always empty server browser, and there is no Campaign either, so not really comparable to Halo 5.
Yes true. Used to work for me when more people where playing it. But now its just a handful
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. ...
  8. 20