2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11
I think halo 5 should get a full release for a couple reasons

1) it is still fairly lore friendly (no aiming down sights like CoD it is merely visor linking, smart linking as it has been in the LORE since 2001, but in H5 it is mentioned as such, so if you have not seen it, because you didnt read the books)
2) Weapons are nice, graphics are nice, Music is nice, core mechanics are nice
3) PvP was super fun
4) would add warzone to PC with the last Campaign to tie into Infinite
5) would get people to silence themselves over "I want to try halo 5" or "I want Halo 5 for completeness of the halo series"
I agree, it feels wrong to skip it, even if the story is the weakest and most boring (no one like Locke, heres to hoping he takes one SRS Shot between the eyes and it be fatal beyond fatal in Infinite).
6) Completeness as mentioned before
7) It would not be on MCC as it would break the game as H5Forge is 40GB+ just for custom games and forge, but it would add more Halo to PC.
8) being able to be different spartans than just MC is nice, though I prefer reach's approach to that, where you are your own Spartan instead of a prefab

how ever: I still am thinking 20$ or less for it is fair, it doesnt deserve full price of 60$. The story is weak AF as mentioned before. and the REQ System is Trashy with its Microtransactions, kinda ruins things. Should be able to just play with base weapons, or the weapon variants at whim... but I am sure they could fix that, or at least not make REQs the only way to win. But the more I played Halo 5: Forge (since I do not own a Xbox One anymore, and wont buy one to play halo 5 guardians) I would buy it on PC, and playing H5Forge really as made me more interested.
Now that halo infinite is pushed back to unknown time in 2021, once 343i's PC MCC Division is done porting halo 4 over and FIXING THE GOSH DARN LAG IN CO-OP... they could work on Porting Halo 5 over. I wouldn't say no, however, Id want to pay 10-15$ for it... though 20$ is Fair... I guess.
Most of those points are wrong and Halo 5 is an embarrassment, it's best to leave H5 in the trashbin on console rather than bring it to PC so it can die in a month or two with it's terrible gameplay and redundant combat
I mean if you want to talk about redundant gameplay then by your logic mcc and the pc ports for the other halo games should have been put in the trash bin too considering how dead mcc is on pc and console lol. MCC and all its glory is only doing slightly better than halo 5 in terms of player counts so idk what your point is. The vast majority of halo's fanbase moved on from halo many years ago so dont try to pretend like halo 5 is somehow significantly worse when it was beating MCC for years on the player counts and only recently got BARELY passed by mcc on the "most played' list for the microsoft store.

And no im not some staunch halo 5 defender I like every halo except halo 4 MP.

I just think its funny when I see these blind "halo 5 is the worst halo ever" lines when MCC, which apparently has the greatest game ever(halo3) is floundering in player counts and took years to BARELY pass halo 5 in player count.
I mean, every other Halo game except H4 had higher player count when they released, it's funny how a re-release of the same games beats a newer one with more content.
Halo 5 is significantly worse as it represents the worse of 343 and throws the potential of Halo into the drain, at least MCC is a collection of decent-amazing games ( Reach and Halo 2 respectively )
Considering the delay (for however long it's going to be), this would be a perfect time for the MCC PC team to work on a PC release of Halo 5. Considering the engine is already working on the PC with Forge, there is already plenty of development momentum for Halo 5 to come across to PC. I don't think it needs to be released under the MCC "banner", but perhaps a separate individual release, on either Steam, Windows Store or both (I'd prefer Steam). But honestly, an MCC release would certainly make everything nice and tidy if it could be done without issue. It would also be kind of nonsensical to release every other Halo game onto PC and leave Halo 5 hanging, and like I said, the beginnings are already there for it to be ported across. Regardless of what some people think about the title, I enjoyed the campaign for the most part on Xbox, but would much prefer to have it on PC. While some may not like it, that doesn't mean the title shouldn't be released, regardless of your opinion or mine, that's an entirely subjective opinion which others should make for themselves. Let people who haven't played it yet have the opportunity to play it on PC, because the gap in story from Halo 4 to Halo Infinite would be a pretty big gap in terms of story for those, who like me, are in this for mostly the narrative journey.
ManDudeGod wrote:
Since the Master Chief Collection got confirmed for PC, I have been excited to play it. Unfortunately, Halo 5 is not confirmed to be included with the MCC on PC. Will it be released separately on PC, be included as paid DLC later on for the MCC, or not at all?
One can dream, but it does seem like a massive undertaking on 343's part. I wouldn't personally hold any hope out for it, but I can certainly dream.
Latest community update says halo 4 is the last game being added to the mcc.

Time to stop asking for it in the mcc but don't stop asking for it on pc though.

Remember, it's half ported already on windows 10.
I genuinely think they'll announce Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 coming to Steam after the MCC is fully completed on PC.

It'll be like a Christmas celebration to fill the gap between Halo 4 and Infinite.

It may not be super likely but I'm really hopeful!
Supascury wrote:
I genuinely think they'll announce Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 coming to Steam after the MCC is fully completed on PC.

It'll be like a Christmas celebration to fill the gap between Halo 4 and Infinite.

Yeah, Halo 5 really needs a lot of love.
Fix it, 343!
Supascury wrote:

On one hand they said in a recent blog they have no plans for Halo 5 on MCC PC. But on the other hand it wouldn't be as much work as porting some of the other games, even if it was standalone as they got the engine and custom games already over with the PC version of Halo 5: Forge. And a community fix already exists for that with an fov slider. The main issue with it currently is 1. no progression, 2. no match making, and 3 it's a bit scuffed, especially on mouse (effective max sens is about half of what MCC PC is, and moving your aim around feels stuttery).
ENDgie wrote:
Supascury wrote:

On one hand they said in a recent blog they have no plans for Halo 5 on MCC PC. But on the other hand it wouldn't be as much work as porting some of the other games, even if it was standalone as they got the engine and custom games already over with the PC version of Halo 5: Forge. And a community fix already exists for that with an fov slider. The main issue with it currently is 1. no progression, 2. no match making, and 3 it's a bit scuffed, especially on mouse (effective max sens is about half of what MCC PC is, and moving your aim around feels stuttery).
Agreed, UNYSHEK said in his recent post about Halo 4 "This is the last Halo title we currently have planned for the collection (sorry to crush your Halo 5 in MCC dreams), so let's finish strong!" Again he said "sorry to crush your Halo 5 in MCC dreams". So it sounds as if we have confirmation that Halo 5 will not be added to the MCC ever, but his language never mentions Halo 5 on PC as a standalone, so a standalone Halo 5 PC release is still very much on the table!
If Halo 5 does come to PC it’s gonna be completely Separate
I think halo 5 should get a full release for a couple reasons

1) it is still fairly lore friendly (no aiming down sights like CoD it is merely visor linking, smart linking as it has been in the LORE since 2001, but in H5 it is mentioned as such, so if you have not seen it, because you didnt read the books)
2) Weapons are nice, graphics are nice, Music is nice, core mechanics are nice
3) PvP was super fun
4) would add warzone to PC with the last Campaign to tie into Infinite
5) would get people to silence themselves over "I want to try halo 5" or "I want Halo 5 for completeness of the halo series"
I agree, it feels wrong to skip it, even if the story is the weakest and most boring (no one like Locke, heres to hoping he takes one SRS Shot between the eyes and it be fatal beyond fatal in Infinite).
6) Completeness as mentioned before
7) It would not be on MCC as it would break the game as H5Forge is 40GB+ just for custom games and forge, but it would add more Halo to PC.
8) being able to be different spartans than just MC is nice, though I prefer reach's approach to that, where you are your own Spartan instead of a prefab

how ever: I still am thinking 20$ or less for it is fair, it doesnt deserve full price of 60$. The story is weak AF as mentioned before. and the REQ System is Trashy with its Microtransactions, kinda ruins things. Should be able to just play with base weapons, or the weapon variants at whim... but I am sure they could fix that, or at least not make REQs the only way to win. But the more I played Halo 5: Forge (since I do not own a Xbox One anymore, and wont buy one to play halo 5 guardians) I would buy it on PC, and playing H5Forge really as made me more interested.
Now that halo infinite is pushed back to unknown time in 2021, once 343i's PC MCC Division is done porting halo 4 over and FIXING THE GOSH DARN LAG IN CO-OP... they could work on Porting Halo 5 over. I wouldn't say no, however, Id want to pay 10-15$ for it... though 20$ is Fair... I guess.
Most of those points are wrong and Halo 5 is an embarrassment, it's best to leave H5 in the trashbin on console rather than bring it to PC so it can die in a month or two with it's terrible gameplay and redundant combat
I mean if you want to talk about redundant gameplay then by your logic mcc and the pc ports for the other halo games should have been put in the trash bin too considering how dead mcc is on pc and console lol. MCC and all its glory is only doing slightly better than halo 5 in terms of player counts so idk what your point is. The vast majority of halo's fanbase moved on from halo many years ago so dont try to pretend like halo 5 is somehow significantly worse when it was beating MCC for years on the player counts and only recently got BARELY passed by mcc on the "most played' list for the microsoft store.

And no im not some staunch halo 5 defender I like every halo except halo 4 MP.

I just think its funny when I see these blind "halo 5 is the worst halo ever" lines when MCC, which apparently has the greatest game ever(halo3) is floundering in player counts and took years to BARELY pass halo 5 in player count.
Honestly, you guys...
especially mr. "you're wrong".
My points are still valid, I still think Halo 5 is a Sh*t game, but it should be on PC for obvious reasons, and if it does release as a full game on PC, then we can use it to prove the point that Halo 5 is trash. I do not think it is that great. and not all my points are WRONG. I would say it is a matter of opinion, and that still is not wrong.
that being said, Halo 5 is a terrible Halo Game, but a decent FPS game. Id play it over any CoD or Destiny Game.
Especially since Destiny 2 screwed anyone who paid for it before it was on Steam.
Bungie NOR 343i are good devs imo, I still find errors in Old bungie halo games, heck halo 2 is on one of the worst engines I have ever had the displeasure of trying to mod.

all that being said. I still think halo 5 should have a full release on PC. even if both titles are hemorrhaging player counts. just for the sake of completeness and saying that "my points are wrong", again, matter of opinion, and you cannot say they are all wrong. As for the SAKE OF COMPLETENESS is not something that is wrong, nor right.

if it comes to PC, guess what, you do not have to buy NOR play the game. but itll give some people some entertainment. and based off your short comment, commando, you clearly did not read my points, as they are fairly valid points. I am choosing to be neutral, though I really do not like Halo 5, it is the better looking of everything out so far. but it is basically the equivalent of sticking a rose in a turd, the rose looks nice, but the rest of it is just a turd in the end. (I also doubt mr. commando will read all of this)
ENDgie wrote:
Supascury wrote:

Agreed, UNYSHEK said in his recent post about Halo 4 "This is the last Halo title we currently have planned for the collection (sorry to crush your Halo 5 in MCC dreams), so let's finish strong!" Again he said "sorry to crush your Halo 5 in MCC dreams". So it sounds as if we have confirmation that Halo 5 will not be added to the MCC ever, but his language never mentions Halo 5 on PC as a standalone, so a standalone Halo 5 PC release is still very much on the table!
If Halo 5 does come to PC it woll 100% be its own standalone thing. and I admit itll be easier for them to port it over to Steam as halo 5: Forge is already on PC
all they have to do is workout some Matchmaking Bugs, Put in actual matchmaking for ranked PvP, add Warzone and the Story... the terrible... terrible story...
I hope if they do port H5 over fully that they fix the GD Forge Controls, they are a nightmare to get used too imo, but there is so much more to do there than in the MCC.
However, I would play that with the few friends I have, but mainly just stick with the good games from the MCC, before it started feeling more and more like a CoD game.
Also, halo wars 2 is not that great. it was OK at best, better than Halo wars Original, but not really worth 40-60$ imo. I got it for free with my PC Purchase back in 2017, and on PC it does not run the best, and Matchmaking is pretty bad. but the crossplay is awesome! but that being said, if they do add HW2 to Steam, I would love to get it moved from Windows Store to Steam, cause I dislike using windows store.

that all being said, Halo 5 would be the easiest to port over, and it being standalone should also mean that they could work out bugs easier than with soemthing like the MCC that has 6 campaigns, tons of playlists, PvP across 7 fronts (Classic 2 and 2A are separate), not to mention 4 forge titles (1 yet to be released) 2 firefights, Spartan Ops to release with 4... and then everything else all on one title... and engine... the engine is already breaking as is... I am getting fatal engine errors across reach and Halo 2, it started in Just 2, now it is affecting reach.
Drahicr wrote:
Latest community update says halo 4 is the last game being added to the mcc.

Time to stop asking for it in the mcc but don't stop asking for it on pc though.

Remember, it's half ported already on windows 10.
it really isnt half though
it is Custom games and Forge
that is 2/5ths of the game
Campaign, Warzone and Matchmaking are not on PC (matchmaking via custom games however is a thing but it is not Ranked PvP)
so I would say that 2/5th of the game is there
and it should be easier to port that and fix it up than to fix MCC on PC, which is already breaking Imo. it is getting worse and worse as I play and LASO.
Sean8102 wrote:
Short answer no , but I also know it's inevitable . My reasoning for this position is purely selfish but I can't see any real positives to the pc release only negatives to the console gamer short medium and long term .
I can't possibly see how having a game be available on multiple platforms hurts it, esp when we are talking about a platform holder (Microsoft) releasing their first party games for both of their gaming platforms (Xbox and Windows). It broadens the potential sales/player base, brings more people into the fandom etc. How in the world dose it cause any negatives for those playing on Xbox? How is your ability to enjoy Halo MCC, or Halo Infinite gonna be effected in any way just because they are on PC as well? I honestly find this mentality baffling and genuinely can't think of any way it's going to negatively impact those playing Halo on Xbox. If there is a game I love I want as many people as possible to have the chance to play it and see it succeed as much as possible.

And look how well The MCC on PC is doing already with just Halo Reach. It's stayed in the #5 to 6 spot of the most played games on steam since release. It's averaging 50,000+ players a day. That's just the numbers we have from steam, there are also of course the people playing it through GamePass PC. Plus it's got mod support with mod tools on the way giving it incredible longevity. There are still people doing incredible things modding the original PC version of Halo CE and there are still enough people playing it you can easily hop online and find a full server.
Yeah the success of MCC PC is proof that their was and still is a massive market for Halo on PC.

Halo 5 is the most fitting PC game with it's fast movement and community focused features. I'll never understand people who gate keep based on dumb mindsets such as the platform.
I see lots of comments about the quality of Halo 5. Doesn't really matter, does it ? For those of us that are PC users, the Halo port is incomplete without the 5th entry and your/the general opinion about the game is not something of consequence. Regardless of it's faults, having the full story on pc is welcomed and would sell.
No matter if you think Halo 5 is awesome or trash, I think it’s fair to say that it should get a PC release. It’d be a bit jarring for PC gamers to play all the way up to Halo 4, then go into Infinite when that comes out and be left scratching their heads as to what the heck is going on in the story. Now, I do think we will get Halo 5 PC. With all the games released on MCC PC now, I think we’ll get a few more months of some major polishing and content additions to MCC, then have the same team start work on Halo 5 PC. I am curious what that’ll mean for Halo 5 Forge, as there wouldn’t be much point to it anymore when the whole game gets brought to PC.
remember when only halo ce and halo 2 got pc ports? same thing back then.....halo 2 ends and then "go buy an xbox to continue the story)

halo 5 needs porting and soon.
Halo 5 SHOULD BE ON PC! Maybe it's got an okayish campaign but deserves a PC port for its awesome Forge & MP.
Please, make PC port Halo 5, i need complete the story.
I'd be incredibly surprised if Halo 5 was never ported, considering that every Halo game (bar Fireteam Raven, for obvious reasons) is now available on PC. I think it'd be really strange to have one, solitary game missing from a whole franchise. As an example; if newcomers to Halo in the near future (e.g. when Infinite is released) wanted to play through the whole Halo experience on PC, then they'd randomly find a whole chunk of the story missing in-between 4 and Infinite. Now, this isn't much of an issue if you're a big Halo fan and keep up with the lore, but for casual gamers I think they'd be really confused as to why they have a whole game missing from their experience.

I've never actually played Halo 5 as I don't own an Xbox One (I play on PC) but I'd absolutely love for it to be ported, just to complete the entirety of the Halo collection. I don't know when it'll happen, it could be in a few month's time or in a few years, but I do feel pretty certain in saying that it'll happen eventually, most likely once the development for Infinite has fully wrapped up. Also, if (or rather, when) it does come to PC I don't think it'll be a part of the MCC. I think it's more likely that it'll just be released as a stand-alone game on the MS Store and Steam.
I built a gaming PC to move from Xbox to PC, so I downloaded Halo 5: Forge, only to have it NEVER launch when I try to start it up on the PC. Yes, I subscribed to GamePass before I got it free from the Microsoft Store. So, since it never worked for me, I got rid of GamePass and went back to Gold Live and continued to play H5 multiplayer on my Xbox. Until someone instructs me how to get H5 Forge to work so I can play multiplayer from my PC, it's going to become more obsolete the longer I wait to play the games I want.

Now, MCC for PC has it's own issues, which I posted in the MCC forum. What a freaking nightmare.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11