I mean, every other Halo game except H4 had higher player count when they released, it's funny how a re-release of the same games beats a newer one with more content.Cetra Lucindia wrote:I mean if you want to talk about redundant gameplay then by your logic mcc and the pc ports for the other halo games should have been put in the trash bin too considering how dead mcc is on pc and console lol. MCC and all its glory is only doing slightly better than halo 5 in terms of player counts so idk what your point is. The vast majority of halo's fanbase moved on from halo many years ago so dont try to pretend like halo 5 is somehow significantly worse when it was beating MCC for years on the player counts and only recently got BARELY passed by mcc on the "most played' list for the microsoft store.commando544 wrote:Most of those points are wrong and Halo 5 is an embarrassment, it's best to leave H5 in the trashbin on console rather than bring it to PC so it can die in a month or two with it's terrible gameplay and redundant combatChillySpore6156 wrote:I think halo 5 should get a full release for a couple reasons
1) it is still fairly lore friendly (no aiming down sights like CoD it is merely visor linking, smart linking as it has been in the LORE since 2001, but in H5 it is mentioned as such, so if you have not seen it, because you didnt read the books)
2) Weapons are nice, graphics are nice, Music is nice, core mechanics are nice
3) PvP was super fun
4) would add warzone to PC with the last Campaign to tie into Infinite
5) would get people to silence themselves over "I want to try halo 5" or "I want Halo 5 for completeness of the halo series"
I agree, it feels wrong to skip it, even if the story is the weakest and most boring (no one like Locke, heres to hoping he takes one SRS Shot between the eyes and it be fatal beyond fatal in Infinite).
6) Completeness as mentioned before
7) It would not be on MCC as it would break the game as H5Forge is 40GB+ just for custom games and forge, but it would add more Halo to PC.
8) being able to be different spartans than just MC is nice, though I prefer reach's approach to that, where you are your own Spartan instead of a prefab
how ever: I still am thinking 20$ or less for it is fair, it doesnt deserve full price of 60$. The story is weak AF as mentioned before. and the REQ System is Trashy with its Microtransactions, kinda ruins things. Should be able to just play with base weapons, or the weapon variants at whim... but I am sure they could fix that, or at least not make REQs the only way to win. But the more I played Halo 5: Forge (since I do not own a Xbox One anymore, and wont buy one to play halo 5 guardians) I would buy it on PC, and playing H5Forge really as made me more interested.
Now that halo infinite is pushed back to unknown time in 2021, once 343i's PC MCC Division is done porting halo 4 over and FIXING THE GOSH DARN LAG IN CO-OP... they could work on Porting Halo 5 over. I wouldn't say no, however, Id want to pay 10-15$ for it... though 20$ is Fair... I guess.
And no im not some staunch halo 5 defender I like every halo except halo 4 MP.
I just think its funny when I see these blind "halo 5 is the worst halo ever" lines when MCC, which apparently has the greatest game ever(halo3) is floundering in player counts and took years to BARELY pass halo 5 in player count.
Halo 5 is significantly worse as it represents the worse of 343 and throws the potential of Halo into the drain, at least MCC is a collection of decent-amazing games ( Reach and Halo 2 respectively )