Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I know that Halo 5 Forge Mode has been on PC for a few years now, but does anyone think it would sell if added to the MCC or released separately? I know 343i has said that they have no intention to release it to the PC, but then again they said the same about MCC years ago and look where we are now! I personally think Halo 5 plays so well on PC it's insane how much better it is. I'd love the chance to play through the campaign again, but cant bring myself to play again on the controller now that I've been back on PC since 2016. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for the love of the Forerunners can we PLEASE get this game on PC?
I thought xbox had keyboard and mouse support? idk I havent played on one in years tho.

But I think it'd sell better if it was apart of the MCC but I think it'd be really tough for the devs to integrate ANOTHER game, and one that was only made 5 years ago (it has over 100 GB of data too) so if it were to come to pc, it'd probably be its own standalone thing. But honestly if they want halo to thrive, they should not do that, let as few pc players know about it, and in halo infinite, never once mention the story of halo 5 at all. Cause lets just say that game was definitely..... different from the rest.
I thought xbox had keyboard and mouse support? idk I havent played on one in years tho.

Yep it dose but is limited in use and only supported by a few games
Alan J T wrote:

Yep it dose but is limited in use and only supported by a few games
oh I was not aware of that. either way that sucks if it doesnt work for him.

But I think it'd sell better if it was apart of the MCC but I think it'd be really tough for the devs to integrate ANOTHER game, and one that was only made 5 years ago (it has over 100 GB of data too) so if it were to come to pc, it'd probably be its own standalone thing. But honestly if they want halo to thrive, they should not do that, let as few pc players know about it, and in halo infinite, never once mention the story of halo 5 at all. Cause lets just say that game was definitely..... different from the rest.
I never really got to get into the story for Halo 5 too much, the game play distracted away from what was going on for me and I couldn't enjoy it. I plan on going back to it at some point if only just to play through it again, but the controls are just so jarring. So very different from what the other 5 games do. I played a fair bit of the multiplayer in customs on PC and several months of seasons in Arena but I just couldn't get into it like I did with the classic games.
The main issue with including Halo 5 into the MCC is because of its File-size, you do know the collection on the Xbox right now is over 100 GBs (I think its about 120 GBs actually) so with that game it would skyrocket to 200 GBs, which is bigger that a single older 120 GB SSD would be able to handle. I think Halo 5 Guardians would do fine as its own standalone game anyways away from the MCC, because of how its matchmaking system works, one being Join in Progress is not a feature in the MCC, only in Halo 5.
I would buy it again to play it on pc, I am just that much of a fan. I know others might not.
I want halo 5 on pc just so I can play it with a kbm and because I'm not getting an xbox one.
It will most likely happen and we just don't know anything about it yet, Xbox games are relatively easy to port from so it shouldn't take to long, I'd expect it after 4 and before infinite as a surprise release or something.
I would buy it again to play it on pc, I am just that much of a fan. I know others might not.
I just want to play it again, I have an Xbox One X but I just can't do the grid based aiming anymore. XY aiming is so inaccurateand ever since playing Modern Warfare and Halo Reach I can't go back to controller...
Yes please. As long as it has PC-centric features like uncapped frame rate, I would totally buy Halo 5 on PC, even at full price 60 dollars.
The Forge mode has some pretty good settings, so I can't imagine why they couldn't port over the campaign. Unless it has something to do with the dynamic frame rate stuff the DF was talking about when H5 first launched.
i dunno, i don’t think it would be played much if at all
The main issue with including Halo 5 into the MCC is because of its File-size, you do know the collection on the Xbox right now is over 100 GBs (I think its about 120 GBs actually) so with that game it would skyrocket to 200 GBs, which is bigger that a single older 120 GB SSD would be able to handle.
I kind of find this a mute point as game load times are not all that faster on a SSD (About 4 to 5 seconds in load times) I had it on Both a 5TB Hard drive and on a WD Blue SSD 3D Nand SATA 6GB/s M.2 2280 SSD 1TB Drive to see the difference So all they Hype how a SSD will boost your gaming load times is mostly bull as a 2% to 3% increase is not all that flash, Now in file transfer and boot times they rock.

So with dirt cheap 2.5" USB hard drives in the Terrabyte range, game size is no longer a real concern storage wise. Take the Western Digital My Passport 2TB USB 3 all of $85.00 Australian or about $65.00 USD. Game size is no longer a reason not to include HALO 5 on PC or in the MCC collection.
I don't think anybody on PC wants to play the dumpster fire that is halo 5.

It looks garbage. I'd rather play 10 other games. Hell, I'd rather not even play than play halo 5 from what I've seen.

It looks garbage. I'd rather play 10 other games. Hell, I'd rather not even play than play halo 5 from what I've seen.
I have to agree with FloodingRain, Halo 5 is not the same old Halo we all know and love but I really don't see the point of releasing all the other games for PC then not adding Halo 5 to the mix just to reward people that do play Halo 5.

Personally, I liked the gameplay but the story was a bit of a curve-ball but on the other-hand, Halo 5 is more of a 'stepping stone' between Halo 4 and Halo Infinite (Basically how Cortana's transition from asset in Halo 1-4 to the villain and how they could bring in other main characters e.i. Spartan Locke, but that's beside my point). My point is if 343 want to keep everyone happy, releasing Halo 5 to MCC is not going to damage their reputation or break their bank to do it. If anything it'll show people how much 343 listen to their loyal customers and players. For those that don't want it, they don't have to have it.

I think they should release Halo 5 to PC just to round up all the "Proper FPS, Master chief" Halo games to PC (Sorry but who cares about Halo Wars when taking about MCC).

This is a nonsensical statement.

Even if the Campaign is horrendously false advertised the multiplayer is (was until the weapon tuning update) one of the best multiplayers easily despite how heretical that is to people. I myself, and many others I know (I know that's anecdotal) would get Halo 5 on PC immediately when it becomes available. Not to mention it will literally be the only Halo not available on PC once MCC is complete so they may as well add it anyway so the whole thing is playable.

Even if the Campaign is horrendously false advertised the multiplayer is (was until the weapon tuning update) one of the best multiplayers easily despite how heretical that is to people. I myself, and many others I know (I know that's anecdotal) would get Halo 5 on PC immediately when it becomes available. Not to mention it will literally be the only Halo not available on PC once MCC is complete so they may as well add it anyway so the whole thing is playable.
My complains about halo 5 are:

• The movement looks straight out of an arena shooter, but so worse (sprint literally is the same speed as walking in the old games - I know it may seem hard to believe)
  • The gun sounds feel like a military sim.
  • The campaign is atrocious, and Halo (even through 4) always had a way of pulling me into the multiplayer via the campaign, music, etc...
  • The vehicles look bland and uninspired.
  • The spartans look like Nerf Gun Championship series 2020 participants. Jesus christ are they the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life. I'd rather stare at a moving, shooting trash can. I mean come on man. What other game has characters that look like that trash? Nothing. It doesn't work, and I'm not alone on that.So what if it's more realistic? I'm not playing a military sim.
I'm not saying halo 1 has a better multiplayer, because those graphics are too low for me in this day - but at least the campaign was phenomenal.

• The movement looks straight out of an arena shooter, but so worse (sprint literally is the same speed as walking in the old games - I know it may seem hard to believe)
  • The campaign is atrocious, and Halo (even through 4) always had a way of pulling me into the multiplayer via the campaign, music, etc...
  • The spartans look like Nerf Gun Championship series 2020 participants. Jesus christ are they the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life. I'd rather stare at a moving, shooting trash can. I mean come on man. What other game has characters that look like that trash? Nothing. It doesn't work, and I'm not alone on that.So what if it's more realistic? I'm not playing a military sim.
I'm not saying halo 1 has a better multiplayer, because those graphics are too low for me in this day - but at least the campaign was phenomenal.
I'm having trouble with this let me explain.
  • Sprint isn't the only movement. There's also the thrusters, fluidly climbing up edges, ground pounding, and melee charging. As for sprint being the same speed as walking, I don't understand the issue there, the Spartans are also smaller than the Spartans in the older games.
  • I would think that human weapons sounds like human weapons. The Covenant and Promethean weapons don't sound like human weapons.
  • Yep, they absolutely botched the story mainly because is was false advertised incredibly. The story is ok but the main issue aside from the false advertising is that the Didiact was supposed to be the main villain throughout the trilogy I think and they randomly decided to kill him off in a comic and reunite Cheif with Blue Team in the same comic and the players are just supposed to know that for some reason. The connection from Halo 4 to Halo 5 is cut entirely because they require outside sources which is beyond idiotic, I agree with you in this part.
  • The vehicles are the same vehicles from every other Halo game, some with more details in a slightly different style.
  • The Spartans don't look all that different as they used to, I mean they're more shiny and some armors have logos on them, but that's really just dependent on what armor you're using of which there's an insane amount of but unfortunately with less customization as you can only choose the body armor and helmet.
As for "being more realistic" i'm not sure who is making that argument so i'm not sure what you're on about and in fairness it seems you're being very nitpicky with all of this aside from the campaign which I agree with being bad.

I'm having trouble with this let me explain.
  • Sprint isn't the only movement. There's also the thrusters, fluidly climbing up edges, ground pounding, and melee charging. As for sprint being the same speed as walking, I don't understand the issue there, the Spartans are also smaller than the Spartans in the older games.
  • I would think that human weapons sounds like human weapons. The Covenant and Promethean weapons don't sound like human weapons.
  • Yep, they absolutely botched the story mainly because is was false advertised incredibly. The story is ok but the main issue aside from the false advertising is that the Didiact was supposed to be the main villain throughout the trilogy I think and they randomly decided to kill him off in a comic and reunite Cheif with Blue Team in the same comic and the players are just supposed to know that for some reason. The connection from Halo 4 to Halo 5 is cut entirely because they require outside sources which is beyond idiotic, I agree with you in this part.
  • The vehicles are the same vehicles from every other Halo game, some with more details in a slightly different style.
  • The Spartans don't look all that different as they used to, I mean they're more shiny and some armors have logos on them, but that's really just dependent on what armor you're using of which there's an insane amount of but unfortunately with less customization as you can only choose the body armor and helmet.
As for "being more realistic" i'm not sure who is making that argument so i'm not sure what you're on about and in fairness it seems you're being very nitpicky with all of this aside from the campaign which I agree with being bad.
Yea, I mean I think the movement is cool, but I'd prefer real ways to play without it. As for sprint being an issue, if sprint is the same speed as old walking, then why have it? It just means if you want to have your gun out, you move more slowly. That's just not enjoyable to me. That's the main deal breaker, and the visuals definitely come secondary.

The visuals do irk me a little in that there is such a thing as beauty in simplicity - this isn't just my opinion. Graphic artists, home designers, architects, everyone finds beauty in simplicity. With some spartan customization and vehicle details, they completely lose sight of this. Halo 1 is too simple, but I strongly believe halo 2-4 had some really nice visuals going for them.

Overall, I think you definitely have some points though. I totally get why some people love halo 5's art style the most.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3