I'm having trouble with this let me explain.
My complains about halo 5 are:
I don't think anybody on PC wants to play the dumpster fire that is halo 5.This is a nonsensical statement.
It looks garbage. I'd rather play 10 other games. Hell, I'd rather not even play than play halo 5 from what I've seen.
Even if the Campaign is horrendously false advertised the multiplayer is (was until the weapon tuning update) one of the best multiplayers easily despite how heretical that is to people. I myself, and many others I know (I know that's anecdotal) would get Halo 5 on PC immediately when it becomes available. Not to mention it will literally be the only Halo not available on PC once MCC is complete so they may as well add it anyway so the whole thing is playable.
- The movement looks straight out of an arena shooter, but so worse (sprint literally is the same speed as walking in the old games - I know it may seem hard to believe)
- The gun sounds feel like a military sim.
- The campaign is atrocious, and Halo (even through 4) always had a way of pulling me into the multiplayer via the campaign, music, etc...
- The vehicles look bland and uninspired.
I'm not saying halo 1 has a better multiplayer, because those graphics are too low for me in this day - but at least the campaign was phenomenal.
- The spartans look like Nerf Gun Championship series 2020 participants. Jesus christ are they the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life. I'd rather stare at a moving, shooting trash can. I mean come on man. What other game has characters that look like that trash? Nothing. It doesn't work, and I'm not alone on that.So what if it's more realistic? I'm not playing a military sim.
- Sprint isn't the only movement. There's also the thrusters, fluidly climbing up edges, ground pounding, and melee charging. As for sprint being the same speed as walking, I don't understand the issue there, the Spartans are also smaller than the Spartans in the older games.
- I would think that human weapons sounds like human weapons. The Covenant and Promethean weapons don't sound like human weapons.
- Yep, they absolutely botched the story mainly because is was false advertised incredibly. The story is ok but the main issue aside from the false advertising is that the Didiact was supposed to be the main villain throughout the trilogy I think and they randomly decided to kill him off in a comic and reunite Cheif with Blue Team in the same comic and the players are just supposed to know that for some reason. The connection from Halo 4 to Halo 5 is cut entirely because they require outside sources which is beyond idiotic, I agree with you in this part.
- The vehicles are the same vehicles from every other Halo game, some with more details in a slightly different style.
As for "being more realistic" i'm not sure who is making that argument so i'm not sure what you're on about and in fairness it seems you're being very nitpicky with all of this aside from the campaign which I agree with being bad.
- The Spartans don't look all that different as they used to, I mean they're more shiny and some armors have logos on them, but that's really just dependent on what armor you're using of which there's an insane amount of but unfortunately with less customization as you can only choose the body armor and helmet.
Yea, I mean I think the movement is cool, but I'd prefer real ways to play without it. As for sprint being an issue, if sprint is the same speed as old walking, then why have it? It just means if you want to have your gun out, you move more slowly. That's just not enjoyable to me. That's the main deal breaker, and the visuals definitely come secondary.
The visuals do irk me a little in that there is such a thing as beauty in simplicity - this isn't just my opinion. Graphic artists, home designers, architects, everyone finds beauty in simplicity. With some spartan customization and vehicle details, they completely lose sight of this. Halo 1 is too simple, but I strongly believe halo 2-4 had some really nice visuals going for them.
Overall, I think you definitely have some points though. I totally get why some people love halo 5's art style the most.