Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 pistol

OP nhojsselesu

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Will 343 ever do anything about the pistol? I noticed that halo 5 has a lot of guns but everyone just uses the pistol and it's annoying because i would rather use other guns to win.
The majority of the players use the pistol because it fires quickly and is insanely accurate but isn't guaranteed a win. No weapon is.
To be fair 343 introduced the pistol to combat the usual slayer br. Unfortunately the pistol ended up being as powerful as a br and kinda regated the process for the most part. Only diffrence is br has bullet spread.
The pistol is really fun to use but you are probably right.
x N7 117 x wrote:
The majority of the players use the pistol because it fires quickly and is insanely accurate but isn't guaranteed a win.
x N7 117 x wrote:
The majority of the players use the pistol because it fires quickly and is insanely accurate but isn't guaranteed a win. No weapon is.
The thing is it's a pistol. It's not supposed to be used as a primary weapon. And most people use it as a primary weapon.
The pistol is really fun to use but you are probably right.
Do you know if 343 will ever make a change for it?
x N7 117 x wrote:
The majority of the players use the pistol because it fires quickly and is insanely accurate but isn't guaranteed a win.
x N7 117 x wrote:
The thing is it's a pistol. It's not supposed to be used as a primary weapon. And most people use it as a primary weapon.
Who says it's not meant to be a primary weapon?
Ce it was,
2/3 it was the br
reach and 4 the dmr
5 its the pistol
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Ce it was,
2/3 it was the br
reach and 4 the dmr
5 its the pistol
It's a secondary weapon. And you got many other primary weapons in halo 5.
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Ce it was,
2/3 it was the br
reach and 4 the dmr
5 its the pistol
In your opinion.

Most arena battles in H5 occur at closer range, thereby making the magnum more effective.

There are still some circumstances where the BR makes sense and the AR can still win from time to time (but it arguably requires a missed shot or 2 from the magnum using opponent).
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Ce it was,
2/3 it was the br
reach and 4 the dmr
5 its the pistol
A primary and secondary weapon can be anything.
Will 343 ever do anything about the pistol? I noticed that halo 5 has a lot of guns but everyone just uses the pistol and it's annoying because i would rather use other guns to win.
After the weapon tuning 2 or 3 yrs into the game it rendered the BR just about useless compared to the pistol. They should have left the BR as it was.
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Ce it was,
2/3 it was the br
reach and 4 the dmr
5 its the pistol
My point is i would want to use other guns but the thing is that the pistol is so good that it makes all the other guns(maybe not all but most of them)useless. To me it's better to just use the pistol than any other gun. But my main question is will 343 ever make a new update for the balance of the guns?
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Ce it was,
2/3 it was the br
reach and 4 the dmr
5 its the pistol
My point is i would want to use other guns but the thing is that the pistol is so good that it makes all the other guns(maybe not all but most of them)useless. To me it's better to just use the pistol than any other gun. But my main question is will 343 ever make a new update for the balance of the guns?
I find it highly unlikely that there will be another weapon balance update, though that is not to say I am ruling out the possibility. 343i focuses mainly on the playlist rotatation now.
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Ce it was,
2/3 it was the br
reach and 4 the dmr
5 its the pistol
Short answer is no. 343 has moved focus onto halo infinite with a separate team working on mcc. It is a shame because it does seem weird that the first thing every single player does when the game loads is tap y to switch to the pistol. I personally really enjoyed BR game play on the older games but im a fan of being forced to find weapons on the map. I dont mind spawning with an SMG and finding a BR on the map. Halo 5s arena mode has kinda forced the maps to become smaller. combined with the quick time to kill and increased movement speed, it doesnt really work in the same way as the legacy halos in regards to weapon and map control
Peave99 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Ce it was,
2/3 it was the br
reach and 4 the dmr
5 its the pistol
Short answer is no. 343 has moved focus onto halo infinite with a separate team working on mcc. It is a shame because it does seem weird that the first thing every single player does when the game loads is tap y to switch to the pistol. I personally really enjoyed BR game play on the older games but im a fan of being forced to find weapons on the map. I dont mind spawning with an SMG and finding a BR on the map. Halo 5s arena mode has kinda forced the maps to become smaller. combined with the quick time to kill and increased movement speed, it doesnt really work in the same way as the legacy halos in regards to weapon and map control
First thing you do in CE is tap y to swap for pistol, it really hasn't changed that much. Weapon and map control have always been key in all halos H5 also has even starts which is legacy halo to a tee.
Peave99 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Ce it was,
2/3 it was the br
reach and 4 the dmr
5 its the pistol
First thing you do in CE is tap y to swap for pistol, it really hasn't changed that much. Weapon and map control have always been key in all halos H5 also has even starts which is legacy halo to a tee.
On paper its the same. But the way the games work are quite diffrent. Plane example being on halo 3 default start was AR and pistol. On halo 2 default start was SMG. BR starts were reserved for BR Slayer. Halo 5 gives you the mid range precision weapon at the start as standard. Not a complaint, just an observation.
The pistol meta is something that many classic and new fans have come to love and appreciate. It suits the gameplay and is by far my most favorite competitive weapon of all time.

Thank you 343.
A.K.A Warzone every match
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Ce it was,
2/3 it was the br
reach and 4 the dmr
5 its the pistol
The Halo CE pistol was OP because a change of code slightly before the release, while in Halo 5 the power it has was because of a post-release update, supposed to be a "nerfing update" to balance all the weapons and give them their respective roles (AR, BR, DMR, SMG, and every other weapon except from pistols, like boltshots, plasma pistol, and magnum, to be a promary weapon, and the pistols, the role of a pistol, a secondary weapon). Why do you think they released the CE pistol in the Req weapons?? Even in warzone at level 5 (level where you can get the CE pistol) people still use the Simple magnum, and they still win the face-to-face firefights because of the extreme accurracy and magnetism of the Halo 5 magnum, even with the 5 body-shots kill of the CE pistol
x N7 117 x wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Ce it was,
2/3 it was the br
reach and 4 the dmr
5 its the pistol
The Halo CE pistol was OP because a change of code slightly before the release, while in Halo 5 the power it has was because of a post-release update, supposed to be a "nerfing update" to balance all the weapons and give them their respective roles (AR, BR, DMR, SMG, and every other weapon except from pistols, like boltshots, plasma pistol, and magnum, to be a promary weapon, and the pistols, the role of a pistol, a secondary weapon). Why do you think they released the CE pistol in the Req weapons?? Even in warzone at level 5 (level where you can get the CE pistol) people still use the Simple magnum, and they still win the face-to-face firefights because of the extreme accurracy and magnetism of the Halo 5 magnum, even with the 5 body-shots kill of the CE pistol
In Ce the pistol was an immediate swap.
Same as h5 magnum is an immediate swap, who cares why, the fact remains that in both their respective titles, they are your primary weapon of choice.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2