Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 Population Discussion Thread

OP TheDarkKn1ght19

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 56
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
People be like so glad I spent $400 on my Xbox one so I can play Xbox 360 games.... makes sense :-)
Man, you're some kinda stupid aren't you? You try switching from one console to another just so you can play an old favorite.
How often do you play old games? If it's that often just leave it hooked up. Even if it's not hooked up wow... connecting like three connections... soooo tough.
quite often actually, since the only games I play at the moment are destiny, Halo Reach and Armored Core
TripleT219 wrote:
Where do people come up with these theories? I doubt 343 has an impact on any backwards compatibility, especially for Reach of all titles (really, are people so desperate for anti-343 games that they want to make reach out to be the best option for Halo now?).

Be thankful there's bc at all, let alone for games already on the system (a la MCC). If they were truly that desperate, they would have held off on backwards compatibility entirely. They are releasing it so late this year due to market demand (to sell more consoles). They could have waited for other games to be ported, but would rather rush it out before black friday.

This has nothing to do with Halo 5 or 343.
Reach was a lot of peoples favorite Halo, including mine. There is a reason so many people are excited for it, and why it's one of the newest backwards compatible games. Reach had one of the largest populations years after launch for a Halo game because even if the lore wasn't great in the story, the structure of multiplayer was awesome. 343 should be worried about Halo 5 population.

They launched the worst rated Halo game ever (Besides ODST) a week before Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4 with Battlefront shortly behind. Tons of players have already left this game for BO3, and I don't even need to describe whats going to happen tomorrow with Fallout 4 coming out.

I do need to give them props on addressing a lot of game mode complaints with the weekly update. Unfortunately much of this game needs a lot of work. Damage, map spawns, map layouts, and the REQ system practically feel like its a beta. Halo 5 has the potential to be the best Halo, but if they don't roll out new content soon and address more of the most popular complaints, then that potential won't be reached.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
People be like so glad I spent $400 on my Xbox one so I can play Xbox 360 games.... makes sense :-)
Man, you're some kinda stupid aren't you? You try switching from one console to another just so you can play an old favorite.
How often do you play old games? If it's that often just leave it hooked up. Even if it's not hooked up wow... connecting like three connections... soooo tough.
quite often actually, since the only games I play at the moment are destiny, Halo Reach and Armored Core
Well then, why in the world do you come to the Halo 5 forum to hate on a game that you haven't played?
Madinogi wrote:
FL Crysis wrote:
The fact that Microsoft and 343i didn't allow Halo games such as Halo: Reach to be backwards compatible until December (or later) shows me that they have little confidence that Halo 5 could compete with the old 360 games. What do you guys think?
XB1 BC Nov. 12
The fact that you think Reach is a H5 killer shows me you don't remember the negative feedback it received.
That's such a strange logical leap to make. Especially because Reach wasn't as well received as the other Bungie Halos and we have them all in Master Chief Collection already.
Exactly, Longhorn remembers.
Well, Reach has Infection... and Oddball... and KOTH... and Territories... and Race... and Juggernaut... and Campaign Theater... and Forge World... and Splitscreen... and Firefight...
It's the lesser of two evils.

Edit: ...and Invasion... and Headhunter... and playable Elites... and Stockpile...
You are wrong with one thin. Halo 5 DOES have territories.
Haha, no. It has Strongholds, a totally different gametype by name, gameplay, and function.
That's such a strange logical leap to make. Especially because Reach wasn't as well received as the other Bungie Halos and we have them all in Master Chief Collection already.
Reach was very well received my friend.
i dont think they should be concered becuase i went back to reach on my 360 and it just seems different then i remeber and not it a good way .
Reach had the biggest drop in population in the first month of any halo game and started halo on the wrong path which made halo 4 even worse because it tried to combine old halos with the changes reach implimented.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
That's such a strange logical leap to make. Especially because Reach wasn't as well received as the other Bungie Halos and we have them all in Master Chief Collection already.
Reach was very well received my friend.
The bungie forums would like a word with you...

Those forums were toxic during Reach's release. Bloom, No BR, No 1-50 true skill, no one played or like Arena... I remember those days. The forums were a very ugly place.
That's just business, they want us to buy their new product lol.
L3ntPuma wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
People be like so glad I spent $400 on my Xbox one so I can play Xbox 360 games.... makes sense :-)
Man, you're some kinda stupid aren't you? You try switching from one console to another just so you can play an old favorite.
How often do you play old games? If it's that often just leave it hooked up. Even if it's not hooked up wow... connecting like three connections... soooo tough.
quite often actually, since the only games I play at the moment are destiny, Halo Reach and Armored Core
Well then, why in the world do you come to the Halo 5 forum to hate on a game that you haven't played?
K. Kool. Thanks for your kind words. /s
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
That's such a strange logical leap to make. Especially because Reach wasn't as well received as the other Bungie Halos and we have them all in Master Chief Collection already.
Reach was very well received my friend.
no most of the loyal halo fans hated halo reach at first honestly . thfe or the halo forage epidemic is the only reason reach was ever considered a great game
FL Crysis wrote:
The fact that Microsoft and 343i didn't allow Halo games such as Halo: Reach to be backwards compatible until December (or later) shows me that they have little confidence that Halo 5 could compete with the old 360 games. What do you guys think?
XB1 BC Nov. 12
The fact that you think Reach is a H5 killer shows me you don't remember the negative feedback it received.
That's such a strange logical leap to make. Especially because Reach wasn't as well received as the other Bungie Halos and we have them all in Master Chief Collection already.
Exactly, Longhorn remembers.
Well, Reach has Infection... and Oddball... and KOTH... and Territories... and Race... and Juggernaut... and Campaign Theater... and Forge World... and Splitscreen... and Firefight...
It's the lesser of two evils.

Edit: ...and Invasion... and Headhunter... and playable Elites... and Stockpile...
And Bloom, and AAs, and a campaign that completely trashed the defining piece of Halo lore.
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
That's such a strange logical leap to make. Especially because Reach wasn't as well received as the other Bungie Halos and we have them all in Master Chief Collection already.
Reach was very well received my friend.
The bungie forums would like a word with you...

Those forums were toxic during Reach's release. Bloom, No BR, No 1-50 true skill, no one played or like Arena... I remember those days. The forums were a very ugly place.
As bad as now or worse?
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
That's such a strange logical leap to make. Especially because Reach wasn't as well received as the other Bungie Halos and we have them all in Master Chief Collection already.
Reach was very well received my friend.
That's just... not true.
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
That's such a strange logical leap to make. Especially because Reach wasn't as well received as the other Bungie Halos and we have them all in Master Chief Collection already.
Reach was very well received my friend.
The bungie forums would like a word with you...

Those forums were toxic during Reach's release. Bloom, No BR, No 1-50 true skill, no one played or like Arena... I remember those days. The forums were a very ugly place.
Reach was the worst Halo, until Halo 4 expanded upon the badness of Reach, taking it to the next level of bad. Reach and Halo 4 are easily and without a doubt the worst halos of the series. This is not a debate, it is fact.
L3ntPuma wrote:
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
That's such a strange logical leap to make. Especially because Reach wasn't as well received as the other Bungie Halos and we have them all in Master Chief Collection already.
Reach was very well received my friend.
The bungie forums would like a word with you...

Those forums were toxic during Reach's release. Bloom, No BR, No 1-50 true skill, no one played or like Arena... I remember those days. The forums were a very ugly place.
As bad as now or worse?
Hard to say. Fans are fickle. H4 dropped and people went nuts because no 60fps. Now? It's gametypes and split-screen. Hard to tell. I'd have to say a bit less. Reach is what ended Halo's reign IMHO. Armor lock, loadouts, bloom, no BR, no 1-50. It had the greatest difference to all the other games.
L3ntPuma wrote:
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
That's such a strange logical leap to make. Especially because Reach wasn't as well received as the other Bungie Halos and we have them all in Master Chief Collection already.
Reach was very well received my friend.
The bungie forums would like a word with you...

Those forums were toxic during Reach's release. Bloom, No BR, No 1-50 true skill, no one played or like Arena... I remember those days. The forums were a very ugly place.
As bad as now or worse?
Reach forums were the worst in my opinion. That's when the no sprint in halo movement began. Not to mention bloom on the DMR, no BR starts, no BR at all, armor abilities like jetpack and armor lock. Reach was great for everything except multiplayer gameplay. Every criticism of gameplay was 100% accurate. At least with Halo 5, you have some hope for counter arguing the criticism. Oh and reach maps were garbage.
That's such a strange logical leap to make. Especially because Reach wasn't as well received as the other Bungie Halos and we have them all in Master Chief Collection already.
This
TripleT219 wrote:
Where do people come up with these theories? I doubt 343 has an impact on any backwards compatibility, especially for Reach of all titles (really, are people so desperate for anti-343 games that they want to make reach out to be the best option for Halo now?).

Be thankful there's bc at all, let alone for games already on the system (a la MCC). If they were truly that desperate, they would have held off on backwards compatibility entirely. They are releasing it so late this year due to market demand (to sell more consoles). They could have waited for other games to be ported, but would rather rush it out before black friday.

This has nothing to do with Halo 5 or 343.
I TOTALLY AGREE, 343 wouldn't and shouldn't be worried, Halo 5 is great. All these theories. I think, are coming from people who are somewhat disappointed in Halo 5 or dislike it in total. However I could be wrong.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 56