1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. ...
  7. 52
Valhura wrote:
It's the lowest it's ever been,and it's mostly because of sprint. This discussion is officially over. lol
I doubt it's because of primarily sprint.Other factors including ugly maps, unnecessary reqs,terrible campaign,gimmicky movement mechanics
I agree with some of your points, there is no excuse there were no non forge BTB maps and some new fun ground vehicles. Warzone had its plus's, but I agree the character customization was annoying you could only pick from the randomly received Helmet or Armour set and there was no real customization like in Reach were you could mix and match from Armour sets.

Having said that I personally loved the movement speed and movement mechanics in Halo 5, it was not crazy fast and still allowed for more tactical choices, spartan charge boost to safety and so on, like most everyone here I put thousands of hours into Halo over the years and while halo 3 is one of my most played games ever, when playing it now it feels painfully slow. Halo will never regain its former glory if it only looks back and not forward. Gamer's have moved on, its no longer the only major Sci-fi shooter. I do hope though that 343i do learn from the mistakes of Halo 5 (Which I personally thought was a really great halo arena mp game for 4v4) and A. Make a campaign with huge (green) out door levels designed to have fun in vehicles and have interesting combat situations that could be tackled in different ways, give us more chief, dump the convoluted story-line were no one who hasn't read 10 halo books has a clue what is going on and even if they have they are still mostly in the dark. Include the entire story for the game in the game, I don't want to have to go to a website or what ever to get the info I need. Maybe find a way to get the covenant back as the main enemy, I hate the forerunners, they look cool but the dogs things are the only fun things to shoot. Maybe bring in the banished from Halo Wars 2 they had a cool back story they could even let us play some of it as in Halo 2.

And above all give us some BTB arena amazing looking maps ala Valhalla.
Prometheans only should've been introduced if the flood returned at the same time,now they are just annoying robots under sky nets control.The banished definitely should be in halo 6,Some of the movements mechanics I'm OK with like clamber and slide and occasionally sprint even though I think they could just increase base movement spred and get rid of sprint.Stabilizers spartan charge smart link and ground pound seem really gimmicky to me,it's like halo 4 where they are trying to draw in fans of other franchises
Id like to know why NOW 343 is attempting to introduce a partysize matchmaking system, when it was off limits and impossible to do while we were attempting to keep teams in warzone?

I believe warzone was halo 5 for a great deal of players, and i also think the solo que numbers were unreliably bloated in favor of solos as im sure 343s math didnt account for the gamertags that were associated with teams....or maybe it was the fact that people spent tons of money on req packs to play on these teams, only to be dumped out of warzone...

They didnt seem very interested then to make realistic compromises, warlords was set to fail from the beginning with strict party size limits which not a single person agreed that was the solution to the issue...

343 looked at teams as completely expendable and imo is paying dearly for it, players have left this game, companies have left this game...

For me, the warzone limit is the most recient reason for such a big loss in interest in this game.

Its a shame, a horrible mistake that needs repaired.
Maybe if some of the opinion of the direction this game should go was shared with the community and not just the developers desicions, this game would be far better off...

On another note, whos decision was it to only have certain playlist ranked and others not? What arrogance and how dismissive can you be to say what should be ranked and what shouldnt be....so what unless it falls in line with your plans or thoughts i guess it dont mean crap, right?

And guys/gals when halo 3 becomes back compat. This population will be even worse, as players split off even more to play a 10 year old game that was the embodyment of everything halo is supposed to be.

#MAKEWARZONEGREATAGAIN
/RANT
LethalQ wrote:
Yeah it couldn't possibly be that large games like Reach just takes longer to port over.... There has to be a tin foil hat reason.... hahahaha also why did you buy an Xbox one if you are so ready to play 360 games again? Am I the only one who doesn't care about backwards compatibility? I still have my Xbox 360 and if I want to play it's game I will simply play it.
not everyone had deep pocket like you to buy such a expensive console....I like many had to sell our 360 and games to get the xbox one.....back when it was 499....
It's been some time now that I no longer can find a game out side of expanded (1-2 weeks) I also gave trying to find a WZA game but I couldn't at all and it was during the week end.
Picked up 5 again for the first time in ages and wait times are horrendous. What's the global pop like, did people leave for Reach despite its lagginess?
OMGHAHALOL wrote:
Picked up 5 again for the first time in ages and wait times are horrendous. What's the global pop like, did people leave for Reach despite its lagginess?
Reach had a patch to fix the fps problem for backwards compatibility. Runs better than the 360 now.
I cant find games in any placelist....
OMGHAHALOL wrote:
Reach had a patch to fix the fps problem for backwards compatibility. Runs better than the 360 now.
have gone back to reach now because of this. only problem is now that I keep trying to thrust pack out of danger and it doesn't work >.<
Yeah wtf has happened?. Takes forever to join a match btb

Do I have to join a stupid clan just to be able to play now?
cqs1a wrote:

Do I have to join a stupid clan just to be able to play now?
I could be wrong, but it seems like since Destiny 2 came out its taking a lot longer to find games. Could just be a coincidence I guess. I'm sure a lot of people are playing it (I'm guilty of it myself).
cqs1a wrote:
The MMR was tightened in BTB so it's a little more like ranked now which means searching might take longer if you're a higher skilled player.
Takes longer now for me also, and I'm not anywhere near high-ranked. High season for shooter releases is underway now with Destiny 2, BF1: dlc 2, and more to come shortly.
The first day Destiny 2 came out we had some problems playing Assault early but it was okay in the evening, east coast time. Didn't have any issues in any other playlist we tried.

Now, we don't really notice it. I think Halo's population is fine.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Dear Diary,

Today I played Halo 5 for a few hours, I tryed to complete one of the commendations which wants me to kill a number of enemies using a Phaeton. I spent quite a bit of time waiting in the Warzone lobby, watching four little diamonds lighting around a bigger diamond pattern inside each of the twentythree empty spots were other spartans' emblem should go. Just as I was falling asleep, hypnotized by the revolving motion of those little diamonds, the game finally managed to find me a match! HURRAH! Little did I know me and my team mates were facing a fireteam of half a dozen spartans equipped with the most advanced gears present in Halo 5. I won't tell you how the whole game palyed out since the fresh memories of that abuse are still painfull, thought I will tell you the game ended with a score difference greather than 700 point and me still wielding level 5 REQs weapons. Shortly after, I found a new match but the bad luck stroke again, since the same fireteam showed up. It went on like that for 5 matches, 5 times the same fireteam, it looked like there were only a handfull of people playing Warzone today, since I could find only one more game after all of that obscenity and I lost that last game too. Afterwards, the desert. Btw I just have to tell you the first match was the closest one, so I didn't even have a chance to use a Phaeton. What an horrible experience, but I've had even worse ones: I've lost ten, eleven games in a raw several times. But I'll keep fighting, I'll keep fighting against the poor mathcmaking of this game which leaves people waiting for ages and then makes them lose so many times, so badly. And do you wanna know why? Because that commendation is the -Yoinking!- last one I miss!
Enrico 117 wrote:
Dear Diary,

Today I played Halo 5 for a few hours, I tryed to complete one of the commendations which wants me to kill a number of enemies using a Phaeton. I spent quite a bit of time waiting in the Warzone lobby, watching four little diamonds lighting around a bigger diamond pattern inside each of the twentythree empty spots were other spartans' emblem should go. Just as I was falling asleep, hypnotized by the revolving motion of those little diamonds, the game finally managed to find me a match! HURRAH! Little did I know me and my team mates were facing a fireteam of half a dozen spartans equipped with the most advanced gears present in Halo 5. I won't tell you how the whole game palyed out since the fresh memories of that abuse are still painfull, thought I will tell you the game ended with a score difference greather than 700 point and me still wielding level 5 REQs weapons. Shortly after, I found a new match but the bad luck stroke again, since the same fireteam showed up. It went on like that for 5 matches, 5 times the same fireteam, it looked like there were only a handfull of people playing Warzone today, since I could find only one more game after all of that obscenity and I lost that last game too. Afterwards, the desert. Btw I just have to tell you the first match was the closest one, so I didn't even have a chance to use a Phaeton. What an horrible experience, but I've had even worse ones: I've lost ten, eleven games in a raw several times. But I'll keep fighting, I'll keep fighting against the poor mathcmaking of this game which leaves people waiting for ages and then makes them lose so many times, so badly. And do you wanna know why? Because that commendation is the -Yoinking!- last one I miss!
First, remember that you can avoid/block other players, even if they've done nothing "wrong". It won't help if there's a small population, but otherwise might give you some variety in opponents.

Second, to complete your Phaeton commendation, wait for Firefight Turbo to make an appearance again. (It shows up every 2-3 months, it seems.) You can call in a Phaeton straight away. Just remember that everyone on the other team will have lasers, tanks, etc. as well, so you might only get a few kills before you're shot out of the sky.
I don't know why Halo 5 players are surprised by this stuff, especially now. All of the Halo 360 games are now backwards compatible, and contrary to what the Halo 5 fanbase thinks, those older games actually don't frusturate you ever time you try to play, hence why they still have a decent population. I tried to warn my friends not to expect to find quick matches in Halo 5 after the older games became backwards compatible, no one listened. Welp just thought I help clear things up here, now I'm gonna go back and play some more Spartan Ops!
Ender Xer0 wrote:
First, remember that you can avoid/block other players, even if they've done nothing "wrong". It won't help if there's a small population, but otherwise might give you some variety in opponents.
That doesn't work anymore.
those older games actually don't frusturate you ever time you try to play
Thats pretty subjective. I get frustrated on Halo 3 when i play it because i instinctively try to thrust or sprint and it doesnt happen.
Nooga wrote:
those older games actually don't frusturate you ever time you try to play
Thats pretty subjective. I get frustrated on Halo 3 when i play it because i instinctively try to thrust or sprint and it doesnt happen.
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.I'm seriously split between giving a light-hearted joke, a sarcastic retort focusing on the irony of Halo 5 players moaning about not being able to adapt to a new game style, and giving a serious productive response about how each game (all games, not just Halo games) actually requires us to learn new skills.

I know many games over last and current gen have tried to standardise the skills and muscle memory for their games. I don't know if this is an attempt to lower the entry level for their games, which would greatly increase the chances of players sticking with that title. Or if this is just lazy game design in general. Why would Halo 3 not acting like Halo 5 impact your experience so negatively though?. Halo 5 is the only Halo game to have thrusters, and even outside of Halo there's only COD. R6S and Battlefield do not feature thrusters. Destiny has double jump and abilities. Overwatch has abilities but no sprint or ADS. They all have greatly differing controls and abilities.

Why single Halo 3 out?

If it's a personal reason and you just don't play anything besides Halo 5, then fine. But in general, as gamers, we should be use to changing our play styles anyway. I still find Halo 2/3 more fun than Halo 5, but that doesn't mean that when I play Halo 5 that I find the extra abilities beyond what I can adapt to. (I just find them to be extra complexity that detract from the core experience)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. ...
  7. 52