Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo 5 population less than 30,000

OP Dead1ift

Battlefeild 4 is currently ranked 15th on Xbox Live most popular.
Battlefeild 4 has a max of just over 30,000 players

Halo 5 is ranked 17th!!!
Therefore halo 5 has under 30,000 players

P
Hasn't it already been stated those figures don't accurately reflex populations
yeh on the daily, its wednesday people tend to play on weekends
its at # 9. Destiny is at #7 so not bad
try again
It really is sad how far halo has fallen.

And yet people still continue to defend stuff like sprint in the face of this stuff clearly not being popular in halo.

And yet people still continue to defend stuff like sprint in the face of this stuff clearly not being popular in halo.
It is really sad how people will accept whatever suits their point of view, regardless of any inaccuracies.

Nobody can know what Halo 5's actual population is unless 343i releases a population counter. My philosophy? If I can get matches fairly quickly, the population is good enough.

It is really sad how people will accept whatever suits their point of view, regardless of any inaccuracies.

Nobody can know what Halo 5's actual population is unless 343i releases a population counter. My philosophy? If I can get matches fairly quickly, the population is good enough.
I am accepting the only population metrics we have.

I've yet to see anything that convinces me they are inaccurate.

Plenty of people struggle to find games in H5. We have no party restrictions in ranked. We hardly have any playlists. Ranked MM is all over the place in terms of skill and connection.

All of this points to low population.
The 30K is probably a good guestimate based on stats at Halotracker. When Battlefield 1 and Gears are launched I will be surprised if it has more than 10,000 after that. I suspect only the hardcore players will be left playing.
Dead1ift wrote:

Halo 5 is ranked 17th!!!

P
There is a place for everything and in this case it's the population thread.

Halo 4 had less then 30 thousand and u got matches pretty fast,so that argument is fxxxxn stupid
I don't think those numbers are accurate, but I'd imagine the real numbers are somewhere in that range though.

Halo 4 had less then 30 thousand and u got matches pretty fast,so that argument is fxxxxn stupid
And trying to use the xbox live 10 ten counter is even more -Yoinking!- stupid.

It's not necessarily the change in mechanics. Halo had a dominating market share in the market of console shooters in it's inception. Other companies saw a market with few competitors, and created products that fit into that market. Now, there are far more products to compete with Halo than when it originated. This leads to a lower market share.

What's great for us as consumers, is the increased competition in console shooter products is leading to higher and higher quality products across the board. While Halo has a lower market share than when it originated, the quality of product being put out is superior to the original product put on the market.

This next part is not directed at you Tails, but simply a statement (you could say of opinion).
It's simple economics people. Principles from the first and second chapter of an introductory economics book. Take off your rose-tinted nostalgia glasses, and you'll realize that Halo 5 being great now, does not degrade Halo 1-3, or Reach and Halo 4, also being great. We just have a lot of great games to play now, and we should be celebrating that!!

And trying to use the xbox live 10 ten counter is even more -Yoinking!- stupid.
Let's say hypotheticallyit is true,don't u think that is bad?
Said it before and will say it again... prove to me most popular has anything to do with current server population.
LethalQ wrote:
Said it before and will say it again... prove to me most popular has anything to do with current server population.
Most popular doesn't, Most played DOES

You can check the most played games on the Xbox One marketplace using the filters

It's not necessarily the change in mechanics. Halo had a dominating market share in the market of console shooters in it's inception. Other companies saw a market with few competitors, and created products that fit into that market. Now, there are far more products to compete with Halo than when it originated. This leads to a lower market share.

What's great for us as consumers, is the increased competition in console shooter products is leading to higher and higher quality products across the board. While Halo has a lower market share than when it originated, the quality of product being put out is superior to the original product put on the market.

This next part is not directed at you Tails, but simply a statement (you could say of opinion).
It's simple economics people. Principles from the first and second chapter of an introductory economics book. Take off your rose-tinted nostalgia glasses, and you'll realize that Halo 5 being great now, does not degrade Halo 1-3, or Reach and Halo 4, also being great. We just have a lot of great games to play now, and we should be celebrating that!!
I see this excuse all the time and I don't buy it. In fact due to the massive spike in game development costs it could be argued that h5 has a much easier market to deal with than h3 did. As fewer high quality games are being released and those that are have an inherent lack of creativity as the high costs of production lead to a "better safe than sorry" approach.

2007 is widely considered to be one of the top 3-5 greatest years in gaming.

Besides that h3 also had to deal with xbl's relative infancy that saw a MUCH lower attach rate to xbl gold than we see now.

Let's not forget RROD mania either or the fact that the xb1 is easily out pacing the 360.

The problem with applying simple economics is the fact that economics are not simple and not every market operates in the same manner.

H3 has most, if not all the qualities you look for in a product that is destined for success. H5, does not.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/kevinharrington/2013/10/08/10-qualities-of-a-successful-product/amp/?client=ms-android-rogers-ca

Consider this list and apply it to h3 and then to h5.
YouthNAsia wrote:
Hasn't it already been stated those figures don't accurately reflex populations
BFstats.com actually shows the population of BF4 and other EA BF/SWBF games. They also update them often during the day. As for comparing to the most played list, I have no clue. Being as I have no Idea what it is based off of nor how often it is updated.. Sure, it may be population of some sort, but who gives the numbers?
Dead1ift wrote:

Halo 5 is ranked 17th!!!

P
Been this way for about 5 months or more man
this isn't news
It's sad to see halo in this state
BBT2014 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Most popular doesn't, Most played DOES

You can check the most played games on the Xbox One marketplace using the filters
So why keep referencing most popular?