Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5's crouch monkeys

OP Demon Wolf Rex

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Crouch monkeys(those ppl that seem to think, ducking shots will save them) its really irritating... Really ppl, do you really expect ppl to continue to shoot up at the standing head lvl, I know that I'm slow and old and have bad reflexs, but I still will kill you if you try to duck.... Now I even lowered myself to tbag those fools...

Yep this is a rant and maybe a troll thread
If you're still getting the kills why does it irritate you?

Also, don't forget that toggled crouch is default. Some people may not be aware of this and have not changed their settings. So now when they get into a firefight and clench, they stay crouched. Also, I think some people may brefer to leave crouch toggled due to less crouch jumping and having the ability to slide into cover.

Also, don't forget that toggled crouch is default. Some people may not be aware of this and have not changed their settings. So now when they get into a firefight and clench, they stay crouched. Also, I think some people may brefer to leave crouch toggled due to less crouch jumping and having the ability to slide into cover.
true... never really thought of that....
Bruh. No h8 but you're Silver...2... At that rank, I highly doubt you're playing competent halo players.

That issue is annoying. It's my greatest issue with the default control scheme. I'm hoping the custom button mapping can fix this.
It's hilarious how much people do this now. I swear it never used to be that common in the past, but now every other player does it for some reason it seems. Oh well, easy kills.
I go into crouch quite a bit and it is completely by accident and usually ends in me dying, I only realise I am actually crouched when I cant move properly into cover and hence I die.

Sorry for being a crouch monkey but in my case it is unintentional.
l b34r l wrote:
Bruh. No h8 but you're Silver...2... At that rank, I highly doubt you're playing competent halo players.
CSR is only based on w/l though, isn't it? It's a pretty poor way to judge the kind of competition people have been up against honestly.
I duck and melee if you are close, works like a charm.
l b34r l wrote:
CSR is only based on w/l though, isn't it? It's a pretty poor way to judge the kind of competition people have been up against honestly.
I had friends that were onyx before I worked my way up there and I would slaughter them anytime in custom games. The CSR doesn't mean anything.
l b34r l wrote:
I had friends that were onyx before I worked my way up there and I would slaughter them anytime in custom games. The CSR doesn't mean anything.
Yep, exactly. If it was based more on k/d it would be a different story.
I don't mind people crouching, it makes them slower targets.
Its a CoD tactic. We have CoD players playing Halo. And as usual, they are struggling quite a bit I think.

The reason to "crouch monkey" in CoD is because of the way that the ADS auto aim works. Crouching with that will cause you to miss shots. Its sort of like drop shotting, but only if you want to maintain popularity and dont need serious accuracy to kill the enemy.
You clearly never grew up playing CE as that was a very viable option to out play someone and it still works very well in Halo 5. The point is knowing when to duck. This is no different then jumping during a fight either.

If you jump early or duck early yes, you become an easy kill. The point is to do this just before the kill shot, anything earlier is useless. It becomes very common the higher levels but they also know when to use this and it doesn't make them an easy kill. I've out ducked played many times in this and CE.
I always crouch to avoid enemies. No, not because I mean to crawl on the floor. What I mean to do is to slide on the floor, and sometimes it doesn't work, making me the easiest kill and an inadvertent 'crouch monkey'
(why does it feel weird to type "Crouch monkey"?)
You clearly never grew up playing CE as that was a very viable option to out play someone and it still works very well in this as well.
Thats because everyone in CE aimed for the head and used the pistol. I know thats what 343 was going for, but even in Diamond, there are tons of AR pals running around. This crouch monkey business (see what I did there) is directly because of the CoD people playing Halo.
Loll those are the dropshooting casual from other games. They are honestly sitting ducks let them die

That issue is annoying. It's my greatest issue with the default control scheme. I'm hoping the custom button mapping can fix this.
Embrace the clench.
I used to be quite the try-hard back in H2 and later H3. A buddy of mine that was some sort of savant at Halo gave me some good advice: Stay completely relaxed when engaging an opponent; do not tense up.
He was absolutely right, too. Once I learned to stay calm my game got a lot better.
Clench-crouching means you are panicking. Get that under control and you'll see a lot of improvement.

I wish I had the time to be a complete try-hard like I once was.
crouch shooting is a proven movement with br duels, if you mean that.
You clearly never grew up playing CE as that was a very viable option to out play someone and it still works very well in Halo 5. The point is knowing when to duck. This is no different then jumping during a fight either.

It worked way better in CE though. I don't think I've ever been killed by someone doing it in 5. Like, ever. It might make you a smaller target, but it also makes you a slower target, which means anyone with half a brain can still get the kill. I mean yeah, if you use it properly you can dodge the kill shot, but honestly you can do that just as well with proper strafing techniques and/or the thruster pack. If I have the choice between making myself a smaller target or making myself a faster one, I ALWAYS go for the latter. But hey, that's just me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2