Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5's multiplayer is frustrating...

OP AATHEGAMER209

Hi to all.
I recently started playing halo 5 after a 10 day break from it and it seems like I have forgotten how to play the game completely!
Can't land shots like I used to, can't throw nades like I used to, can't do anything in the game like I used to!
I've played about 4-13 matches and all of those have been terrible. Don't know what's gotten in to me. I can't even get kills like I used to. I'm all over the place.
It was So fun when I could get kills, win some loose some.
But now all I do is loose, and that is not fun.
It's starting to get frustrated and I'm not motivated to play anymore.
Any tips?
Tips:

Warm up with a Firefight match.

Recognize that the population numbers are low, so match balance isn’t something that’ll be consistently good in PvP matches.

When encountering lopsided PvP matches; particularly, within less popular playlists, (1) try to switch to searching more popular playlists such as ranked Slayer, Super Fiesta Party, Big Team Super Fiesta, and perhaps Quickplay.

Plus (2) if you can, try searching during the greater peak population time periods for the day. I’ll assume you’re in America, so that time period is often around 4pm - 9pm CT; though, it can begin a bit earlier and extend a bit later too.

Sometimes you can get lucky with the less popular playlists during off peak population periods. If less skilled players are all that are available to be matched against then you could find yourself in fairly easy matches, but if there’s mostly more skilled players searching during that period of the day then you’re at risk of constantly struggling.
eLantern wrote:
Tips:

Recognize that the population numbers are low, so match balance isn’t something that’ll be consistently good in PvP matches.

When encountering lopsided PvP matches; particularly, within less popular playlists, (1) try to switch to searching more popular playlists such as ranked Slayer, Super Fiesta Party, Big Team Super Fiesta, and perhaps Quickplay.

Plus (2) if you can, try searching during the greater peak population time periods for the day. I’ll assume you’re in America, so that time period is often around 4pm - 9pm CT; though, it can begin a bit earlier and extend a bit later too.

Sometimes you can get lucky with the less popular playlists during off peak population periods. If less skilled players are all that are available to be matched against then you could find yourself in fairly easy matches, but if there’s mostly more skilled players searching during that period of the day then you’re at risk of constantly struggling.
The only playlist that I can succeed and have fun with is Team Arena.
It's like all the players who play in that playlist know what they are doing.
eLantern wrote:
Tips:

The only playlist that I can succeed and have fun with is Team Arena.

It's like all the players who play in that playlist know what they are doing.
Yeah, generally that playlist is full of above average players which can make the experience in there frustrating if it’s above your own skill level.
Hi to all.
I recently started playing halo 5 after a 10 day break from it and it seems like I have forgotten how to play the game completely!
Can't land shots like I used to, can't throw nades like I used to, can't do anything in the game like I used to!
I've played about 4-13 matches and all of those have been terrible. Don't know what's gotten in to me. I can't even get kills like I used to. I'm all over the place.
Any tips?
I feel this! I took a break from H5 for a week, came back and I am getting slapped in every lobby. (It doesn't help that I was playing on PC so I am switching between M&K for PC and controller for Halo) It just takes time to get back into the groove. Warm up in firefight or super fiesta, stretch out your arms, and dedicate a couple hours to getting in the zone. You will be back on your game eventually :)
You just got to get used to the heavy aim and poor servers again. Halo 5 might be the only FPS that you have to play consistently or you'll drop off quickly. Even quicker if you go back to MCC, CoD or really anything on PC.
Quote:
Hi to all.
Any tips?
This happens to me all the time. Most weeks I'm unable to play except for the weekend. I then come back to play and I suddenly suck at it. It's like I don't retain the skill like previous Halo games where I didn't experience this slump. I'm sorry I have no tips for you either.