Halo 5's multiplayer is too competitive

OP AATHEGAMER209

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hello to everyone!
I've been having trouble with Halo 5's online multiplayer. To the point where I can't do a match without getting killed left and right and just don't have as much fun with the game. Even the search preferences don't do a thing if you set it to focused. It's like whenever you win, you have fun and if you don't, you won't have fun.
Unlike halo 3 where it doesn't matter if you win or loose you'll just have so much fun.
Plus aiming feels a bit weird in Halo 5. I've literally set my horizontal look sensitivity to 1.5 and my vertical to 2.
I just can't aim in this game.
What tips do you have on getting better ?
This game is brutal when you first start out. Welcome to the grind, think of it like the Dark souls of shooters.

I would recommend sticking to the HCS/Arena playlists.
Hello to everyone!
I've been having trouble with Halo 5's online multiplayer. To the point where I can't do a match without getting killed left and right and just don't have as much fun with the game. Even the search preferences don't do a thing if you set it to focused. It's like whenever you win, you have fun and if you don't, you won't have fun.
Unlike halo 3 where it doesn't matter if you win or loose you'll just have so much fun.
Plus aiming feels a bit weird in Halo 5. I've literally set my horizontal look sensitivity to 1.5 and my vertical to 2.
I feel like a big problem might be the lower player population. Now that we're 5 and a half years into release, most of the people left are cracked at the game! I'm sure as you continue to play, it'll feel more natural.
I've also heard many people say that their peak sensitivity changes from day to day, so don't worry about it. It's something that requires quite constant adjustment, I'm still continuously altering it myself.
As for tips on getting better, I think just continuing to play will be your best option. Maybe start out with social playlists like Quick Play and really get a feel for it before moving into Ranked. But whichever path you take, just make sure you find a game mode where winning or losing is not the only determining factor for you having fun. For me, it's Swat. Of course, I love to win those games, but they're a blast even if we get beat. Hope this helps!
mordorsam wrote:
Hello to everyone!
I feel like a big problem might be the lower player population. Now that we're 5 and a half years into release, most of the people left are cracked at the game! I'm sure as you continue to play, it'll feel more natural.
I've also heard many people say that their peak sensitivity changes from day to day, so don't worry about it. It's something that requires quite constant adjustment, I'm still continuously altering it myself.
As for tips on getting better, I think just continuing to play will be your best option. Maybe start out with social playlists like Quick Play and really get a feel for it before moving into Ranked. But whichever path you take, just make sure you find a game mode where winning or losing is not the only determining factor for you having fun. For me, it's Swat. Of course, I love to win those games, but they're a blast even if we get beat. Hope this helps!
Thank you. something that bothers me a lot is the damn magnum ! its too powerful for a sidearm. and you know what's weird ? I can't get kills with the magnum, but if you give me a BR i'll get 3-5 kills. seriously I don't know why I'm like this ! But this makes me rely to much on the BR and if I don't have it in a game I'll get obliterated.
Been a pain lately in Ranked. Everyone is Sweating hard for some reason. It ebbs and flows. And lack of new players doesn't help
This game is brutal when you first start out. Welcome to the grind, think of it like the Dark souls of shooters.

Yeah your right. at least in the arena playlists your team is useful.
If you play ranked due to the low population of players, apart from only those who are about to compete and are very attached to the game, because Halo 5 has many years since it came out. It will be very difficult to get a good game with players of your level
If you play ranked due to the low population of players, apart from only those who are about to compete and are very attached to the game, because Halo 5 has many years since it came out. It will be very difficult to get a good game with players of your level
Yup. But the thing is halo 5 has preferences for matchmaking. I'm confused why they don't work at all. I once switched from balanced matchmaking to focused, and it literally made me face the most high level players in the game.
I wish there was a system in the matchmaking, that matched be with other player in my level, but instead its sometimes a team of 4 pro's vs a team of noobs.
It's all random, and that's bad.
I hope infinite will have an easier and fun multiplayer than Halo 5.
I feel like I sway from getting totally beat down to totally beating down. I always seem to end up around 50% win/loss. I guess that means I win the matches I’m supposed to win and lose the matches the mm system thinks I’m supposed to have a chance at winning. I generally do ok on the K/D front in competitive slayer which is what I mostly play So I don’t think it’s random even with the lower population
It's worse on breakout where I am trying to get my final 6 immortals for unstoppable. Casual players do not exist and 75% of games are just squads of pros. Honestly Arena is harder than Mythic WZFF by a mile and yet its xp is 1/5th the rate, seems pretty backward to me.
It's worse on breakout where I am trying to get my final 6 immortals for unstoppable. Casual players do not exist and 75% of games are just squads of pros. Honestly Arena is harder than Mythic WZFF by a mile and yet its xp is 1/5th the rate, seems pretty backward to me.
Hope you can close those Immortals soon, my friend!
Arena is definitely super competitive. I hardly play it anymore because I don't find it fun. Now its usually Super Fiesta, Infection, or Warzone for me.
The biggest problem with H5's multiplayer in its current state is its population. Matchmaking doesn't work near as well as it used to. Most of my matches are still competitive though. 17 of my last 30 Slayer games have ended with a point differential of 10 points or less.

AAthegamer209, I see your current rank is Platinum 1. To be quite honest that is probably one of the worst spots to be if you want consistent matches. Over the course of this season I have ranked up from P1 to P5 and my experience has been much more consistent as of late.

If you are looking to improve your level of play, I would suggest focusing on your aim and try to limit your sprinting. Pay attention to where your teammates are and try not to let yourself get too far away. Also remember that when a teammate's tag is yellow it means they are taking fire and could use assistance. Hope this helps :)
mordorsam wrote:
Hope you can close those Immortals soon, my friend!
Thanks! Down to 4 left, but I have been team killed on the final round more times than that today alone. The rounds are taking a long time to find again and while 2 hours ago I was confident I would get it tonight, that is no longer the case. Still, with persistence and patience it will be inevitable as all comms are, I just wish the xp payout wasn't so abysmal.
Yup. But the thing is halo 5 has preferences for matchmaking. I'm confused why they don't work at all. I once switched from balanced matchmaking to focused, and it literally made me face the most high level players in the game.
I wish there was a system in the matchmaking, that matched be with other player in my level, but instead its sometimes a team of 4 pro's vs a team of noobs.
It's all random, and that's bad.
I hope infinite will have an easier and fun multiplayer than Halo 5.
The preferences only work when the population permits it to. Searching focused for me is only done to find players that aren't way far away from me so that the connection isn't bad.

If you play alone though...you're guaranteed tons and tons of problems...you're the player the match maker is plugging in. It's a random lottery. You can get team mates significantly better than you and the match just does nothing for you...or players that aren't as good that don't know what to really do in the game. It's never the players fault...we all just want to play some halo, and the game can be overwhelmingly frustrating at times.

My suggestions to have a better experience....make friends...learn call outs...use your mic...press up on the D pad when you need help if you aren't in game chat...and reach out to people to learn stuff.

To say you want an easier and fun experience in say...a match of slayer...what does this mean for you? Does an easier and fun experience mean you going 25 kills with 3 deaths while facing 4 thumbless warriors on the other team? Cause then all you've accomplished there is switching places with those guys. They're now in your shoes. (I'm exaggerating of course and its just meant as an example. Not trying to say you're a thumbless warrior yourself, just trying to illustrate a point.)

Lastly...take this at face value. The " average " halo 5 player of 2021 is miles and miles ahead of the player of the earlier years. They've all gotten better as time went by.

There's so much more to the game than having a good strafe and shot. The most rewarding experience as a multiplayer focused player is gradually learning all this stuff. I'm still in the process of this right now and most likely will never get that good, but im having fun with friends trying to.
I have this problem to when i try to relax a little bit after study o job, sometimes it feels like tryhards 'cause they use trick shots, always aiming to the head, camping, using a lot of granades to make a killing rain, sometimes something weirds happens when you get shot of fire like your bullets just miss or hit even when you are in cover.
I'm platinum 4 in Snipers and platinum 2 in swat, but people maybe don't know how to play as a team and get killed by playing as a lonely wolf even in swat.

Why would you recommend the sweatiest playlists to someone that is struggling?
Play btb, freeplay, or the featured arena game to get practice without the pressure of losing rank. Sometimes you may be stomped but just focus on a particular skill during that game such as steadying your aim, grenade placement, supporting teammates, map movement, etc.
What I would personally recommend is finding games on the Customs Browser, or finding people to party up with in matchmaking.

As it has been said, the game has been out for a few years & the population is rather small.

If you’re looking for people to party up with AATHEGAMER209, feel free to add me: GG Panda GG
343 made the magnum OP and automatic weapons weak. The weapon need a better rebalancing again. The Focus is extremely on Percision weapons and as long as the best players keep using the magnum the game won’t be fun because it’s all about competition and winning and not having fun. I been battling this for a while and refuse to give up. Hopefully the magnum doesn’t return or gets nerf hard in halo infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3