Halo 5's multiplayer is too competitive

OP AATHEGAMER209

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
JayHEMI426 wrote:
343 made the magnum OP and automatic weapons weak. The weapon need a better rebalancing again. The Focus is extremely on Percision weapons and as long as the best players keep using the magnum the game won’t be fun because it’s all about competition and winning and not having fun. I been battling this for a while and refuse to give up. Hopefully the magnum doesn’t return or gets nerf hard in halo infinite.
I think 343i addressed this, and they're planning on nerfing the Magnum (calling it the "Sidekick" pistol) so that it takes a backseat in the competitive playlists.
JayHEMI426 wrote:
343 made the magnum OP and automatic weapons weak. The weapon need a better rebalancing again. The Focus is extremely on Percision weapons and as long as the best players keep using the magnum the game won’t be fun because it’s all about competition and winning and not having fun. I been battling this for a while and refuse to give up. Hopefully the magnum doesn’t return or gets nerf hard in halo infinite.
This makes 0 sense my guy. If you play a playlist like slayer...there's a winning team and a losing team....the goals to win...nothing more nothing less. The "fun" factor is subjective. In a good balanced team match it should feel fun, competitive, and you shouldn't get destroyed or destroy the other team. (Halo 5 has a population issue. )

As long as the best players keep using the magnum...the game won't be fun?...what are you trying to say? I mean what do you expect them to do bro? You want them to set their controller down and just not play while we're at it? I mean come on man realize what you're saying here. It makes no sense at all. They'd still win against you with an AR...you still have to aim...

Its ALWAYS been about precision weapons....did you hate halo 3 and it's BR starts?...you hope the magnum goes away and what replaces it? The BR again? Yea let's go that route so we can have many instances of 1 of the 3 bullets on your shot randomly miss the target so you die and the opponent lives while you're trying to figure out how in the heck he survived while you died...That sounds fun...

The MM with the low population in the game can become frustrating if you keep playing people far above your skill level. I've felt it. I get it....but what you're saying here.. man I disagree with all of it.
Pheinted wrote:
If you play ranked due to the low population of players, apart from only those who are about to compete and are very attached to the game, because Halo 5 has many years since it came out. It will be very difficult to get a good game with players of your level
Yup. But the thing is halo 5 has preferences for matchmaking. I'm confused why they don't work at all. I once switched from balanced matchmaking to focused, and it literally made me face the most high level players in the game.
I wish there was a system in the matchmaking, that matched be with other player in my level, but instead its sometimes a team of 4 pro's vs a team of noobs.
It's all random, and that's bad.
I hope infinite will have an easier and fun multiplayer than Halo 5.
The preferences only work when the population permits it to. Searching focused for me is only done to find players that aren't way far away from me so that the connection isn't bad.

If you play alone though...you're guaranteed tons and tons of problems...you're the player the match maker is plugging in. It's a random lottery. You can get team mates significantly better than you and the match just does nothing for you...or players that aren't as good that don't know what to really do in the game. It's never the players fault...we all just want to play some halo, and the game can be overwhelmingly frustrating at times.

My suggestions to have a better experience....make friends...learn call outs...use your mic...press up on the D pad when you need help if you aren't in game chat...and reach out to people to learn stuff.

To say you want an easier and fun experience in say...a match of slayer...what does this mean for you? Does an easier and fun experience mean you going 25 kills with 3 deaths while facing 4 thumbless warriors on the other team? Cause then all you've accomplished there is switching places with those guys. They're now in your shoes. (I'm exaggerating of course and its just meant as an example. Not trying to say you're a thumbless warrior yourself, just trying to illustrate a point.)

Lastly...take this at face value. The " average " halo 5 player of 2021 is miles and miles ahead of the player of the earlier years. They've all gotten better as time went by.

There's so much more to the game than having a good strafe and shot. The most rewarding experience as a multiplayer focused player is gradually learning all this stuff. I'm still in the process of this right now and most likely will never get that good, but im having fun with friends trying to.
Yup, your right. so basically to get better you have to practice and play the game more. what I really mean by a fun experience, is instead of going 6-10 matches with a great K/D (maybe some times bad) and losing at the end, you win a few matches. I know it's a video game, but come on you have to win at least once. right ?
Hi !
just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys who participated in this forum and gave some advice.
mordorsam,Pheinted,Falcon Laird,Sir Deathsalot,Skywalker935,Shotshaper88,legend777666,Durandal v2,CAVEMANcr,Chakin9317,AshamanND,BillasaurusRex,JayHEMI426 and GG Panda GG, Thank you !
Pheinted wrote:
If you play ranked due to the low population of players, apart from only those who are about to compete and are very attached to the game, because Halo 5 has many years since it came out. It will be very difficult to get a good game with players of your level
Yup. But the thing is halo 5 has preferences for matchmaking. I'm confused why they don't work at all. I once switched from balanced matchmaking to focused, and it literally made me face the most high level players in the game.
I wish there was a system in the matchmaking, that matched be with other player in my level, but instead its sometimes a team of 4 pro's vs a team of noobs.
It's all random, and that's bad.
I hope infinite will have an easier and fun multiplayer than Halo 5.
The preferences only work when the population permits it to. Searching focused for me is only done to find players that aren't way far away from me so that the connection isn't bad.

If you play alone though...you're guaranteed tons and tons of problems...you're the player the match maker is plugging in. It's a random lottery. You can get team mates significantly better than you and the match just does nothing for you...or players that aren't as good that don't know what to really do in the game. It's never the players fault...we all just want to play some halo, and the game can be overwhelmingly frustrating at times.

My suggestions to have a better experience....make friends...learn call outs...use your mic...press up on the D pad when you need help if you aren't in game chat...and reach out to people to learn stuff.

To say you want an easier and fun experience in say...a match of slayer...what does this mean for you? Does an easier and fun experience mean you going 25 kills with 3 deaths while facing 4 thumbless warriors on the other team? Cause then all you've accomplished there is switching places with those guys. They're now in your shoes. (I'm exaggerating of course and its just meant as an example. Not trying to say you're a thumbless warrior yourself, just trying to illustrate a point.)

Lastly...take this at face value. The " average " halo 5 player of 2021 is miles and miles ahead of the player of the earlier years. They've all gotten better as time went by.

There's so much more to the game than having a good strafe and shot. The most rewarding experience as a multiplayer focused player is gradually learning all this stuff. I'm still in the process of this right now and most likely will never get that good, but im having fun with friends trying to.
Yup, your right. so basically to get better you have to practice and play the game more. what I really mean by a fun experience, is instead of going 6-10 matches with a great K/D (maybe some times bad) and losing at the end, you win a few matches. I know it's a video game, but come on you have to win at least once. right ?
You're right. I mean it sucks losing all the time. Earlier today I had a terrible string of matches, terrible connection, terrible latency, and just gave up matches. I didn't realize that the game that was installing was causing all kinds of connection issues at the time. I mean we all have bad games, but those were horrendous. Like a sniper shot would take almost a full second to happen on my screen. So I lost a lot of csr, got a dumb msg from someone... whatever. Who cares. I got back on later, made sure my latency was at least under 30, and bam began having fun with some homies. Won some, lost some, but had a cool time with friends all the while.

1 friend was just constantly getting severely upset over the losses and his loss of csr. We've both had onyx...and I tell him the rank doesn't mean all that much in this game man...he's a much better player today than he was when he broke into onyx...I mean way better dude in every aspect of the game. So how can the rank mean anything if he was onyx back then and now just stuck floating around in daimond ? (Which many of us that play together are. Some go into onyx 1600 and all the way back down to like D2...I mean just think about that...)

On top of that we have faced like a champ 12 or even higher in slayer and completely smacked him around multiple times....he's always playing with a platinum player, and always has that player leave the matches he's losing to preserve his rank...We've literally seen the dude lose and actually gain csr...so how can it even mean anything? Not to say that there aren't legit top champs, onyx, good daimond players etc, obviously there is...but I hope my point is getting across.

The game is just meant to be played for enjoyment. Those who wish to take it more seriously can, and the rankings are intended to help the match maker match fairly when possible. Some players just try too hard to find loop holes to secure easy wins, bigger csr pay outs, less for losses...to me...man WHO CARES....I just play the dang game cause I love halo, and playing with friends is what its all about man.

If you ever need a team mate hmu anytime.
Pheinted wrote:
JayHEMI426 wrote:
This makes 0 sense my guy. If you play a playlist like slayer...there's a winning team and a losing team....the goals to win...nothing more nothing less. The "fun" factor is subjective. In a good balanced team match it should feel fun, competitive, and you shouldn't get destroyed or destroy the other team. (Halo 5 has a population issue. )

As long as the best players keep using the magnum...the game won't be fun?...what are you trying to say? I mean what do you expect them to do bro? You want them to set their controller down and just not play while we're at it? I mean come on man realize what you're saying here. It makes no sense at all. They'd still win against you with an AR...you still have to aim...

Its ALWAYS been about precision weapons....did you hate halo 3 and it's BR starts?...you hope the magnum goes away and what replaces it? The BR again? Yea let's go that route so we can have many instances of 1 of the 3 bullets on your shot randomly miss the target so you die and the opponent lives while you're trying to figure out how in the heck he survived while you died...That sounds fun...

The MM with the low population in the game can become frustrating if you keep playing people far above your skill level. I've felt it. I get it....but what you're saying here.. man I disagree with all of it.
Quote:
I want weapon diversity. Everyone literally uses the magnum. I’m okay with Rifles (BR) becoming the norm. I’m tried of a handgun getting all the love in slayer especially with it beating an AR that shoots 7.62 AP at a fast rate. Don’t give the gun lore when their lore doesn’t make sense. The DMR and the AR both shoot a 7.62 and the ar is sooo weak that makes no sense.
JayHEMI426 wrote:
Pheinted wrote:
JayHEMI426 wrote:

Quote:
I want weapon diversity. Everyone literally uses the magnum. I’m okay with Rifles (BR) becoming the norm. I’m tried of a handgun getting all the love in slayer especially with it beating an AR that shoots 7.62 AP at a fast rate. Don’t give the gun lore when their lore doesn’t make sense. The DMR and the AR both shoot a 7.62 and the ar is sooo weak that makes no sense.
Everyone uses the magnum.....it's your starting weapon....if it was THAT garbage like halo 3s slayer starts..then you'd HAVE to pick up a BR...and if there's no BRs on the map left or other pick ups....enjoy your death spree being helpless because of a crap weapon design for the game...

I'm playing a competitive multiplayer game. I'm not interested in the lore of the guns. I'd be playing a game like destiny if I was....that games multiplayer is...well....I'd rather not even go there.

Players do pick up other weapons on the map even in hcs settings. They're utilizing them in their specific roles on the map. I'll pick up the covenant weapons still to strip the shields...but my precision weapon comes out to get the kill still. I pick up the dmr on fissure if I'm going to be shooting from red or blue tree...also grab scatter cause why wouldn't I?..I pick up the LR on fathom because who wouldn't pick up a potential 3 shot? I rush P2 on regret if I get that spawn for a quick caster grab and flank for OS if its possible (plasma caster is awesome to use if you know how to use it)..etc... I mean how many weapons you want man? Is slayer supposed to be super Fiesta? The more weapons that are in a competitive Sandbox the more you have to struggle to tune them to each other and all while not making it feel redundant to pick up...this is exactly what has the BR in the state that it is today....because the reality of the BR is that it over complicated the sandbox and bungie couldn't balance the weapons out...hence BR starts...343 tried their best and what you see is a h2BR thats too easy to use...and a h5Br thats more trouble than it's worth to pick up....trying to achieve that super small chance of it being perfectly in the middle.....HIGHLY doubtful.

Its possible they'll try something new in h infinite to see if they can actually tune the new "side kick" to whatever the maps have to offer...and if they can't...well us halo addicts will still play it...and play the "(insert main utility weapon as ALL halos have had here) starts" playlist.
Null
Pheinted wrote:
JayHEMI426 wrote:
Pheinted wrote:
JayHEMI426 wrote:

Quote:
Everyone uses the magnum.....it's your starting weapon....if it was THAT garbage like halo 3s slayer starts..then you'd HAVE to pick up a BR...and if there's no BRs on the map left or other pick ups....enjoy your death spree being helpless because of a crap weapon design for the game...

I'm playing a competitive multiplayer game. I'm not interested in the lore of the guns. I'd be playing a game like destiny if I was....that games multiplayer is...well....I'd rather not even go there.

Players do pick up other weapons on the map even in hcs settings. They're utilizing them in their specific roles on the map. I'll pick up the covenant weapons still to strip the shields...but my precision weapon comes out to get the kill still. I pick up the dmr on fissure if I'm going to be shooting from red or blue tree...also grab scatter cause why wouldn't I?..I pick up the LR on fathom because who wouldn't pick up a potential 3 shot? I rush P2 on regret if I get that spawn for a quick caster grab and flank for OS if its possible (plasma caster is awesome to use if you know how to use it)..etc... I mean how many weapons you want man? Is slayer supposed to be super Fiesta? The more weapons that are in a competitive Sandbox the more you have to struggle to tune them to each other and all while not making it feel redundant to pick up...this is exactly what has the BR in the state that it is today....because the reality of the BR is that it over complicated the sandbox and bungie couldn't balance the weapons out...hence BR starts...343 tried their best and what you see is a h2BR thats too easy to use...and a h5Br thats more trouble than it's worth to pick up....trying to achieve that super small chance of it being perfectly in the middle.....HIGHLY doubtful.

Its possible they'll try something new in h infinite to see if they can actually tune the new "side kick" to whatever the maps have to offer...and if they can't...well us halo addicts will still play it...and play the "(insert main utility weapon as ALL halos have had here) starts" playlist.
With everything you have typed and the fact that I stop reading after your 4th word all I gotta say is that. The magnum is OP and the AR isn’t good enough :)
JayHEMI426 wrote:
Pheinted wrote:
JayHEMI426 wrote:
Pheinted wrote:
JayHEMI426 wrote:

Quote:

With everything you have typed and the fact that I stop reading after your 4th word all I gotta say is that. The magnum is OP and the AR isn’t good enough :)
You're welcome to your opinion.
I agree. Halo 5 feels really sweaty.
I don't think it's that competitive. I have however come across a few people using controller mods like Cronus Max and what not that allows them to have advanced aim assist and rapid fire which I find quite annoying. Other then that the games been fun and I'm happy to be getting back into it.
I agree, H5 is a hard competitive game, is the only one where i feel weird playing multiplayer
What I would personally recommend is finding games on the Customs Browser, or finding people to party up with in matchmaking.

As it has been said, the game has been out for a few years & the population is rather small.

If you’re looking for people to party up with AATHEGAMER209, feel free to add me: GG Panda GG
He needs Octagon for better Magnum aim.
This game is brutal when you first start out. Welcome to the grind, think of it like the Dark souls of shooters.

I would recommend sticking to the HCS/Arena playlists.
The last thing I need is for Darkeater Midir to be our objective for Warzone Firefight lmao
Hello to everyone!
I've been having trouble with Halo 5's online multiplayer. To the point where I can't do a match without getting killed left and right and just don't have as much fun with the game. Even the search preferences don't do a thing if you set it to focused. It's like whenever you win, you have fun and if you don't, you won't have fun.
Unlike halo 3 where it doesn't matter if you win or loose you'll just have so much fun.
Plus aiming feels a bit weird in Halo 5. I've literally set my horizontal look sensitivity to 1.5 and my vertical to 2.
I just can't aim in this game.
What tips do you have on getting better ?
No tips really. Just practice, stay defensive and try not to care about wins/losses. Strafing helps for not dying, stay with teammates
I don't think it's that competitive. I have however come across a few people using controller mods like Cronus Max and what not that allows them to have advanced aim assist and rapid fire which I find quite annoying. Other then that the games been fun and I'm happy to be getting back into it.
That sounds horrid. People really suck that badly to where they need to mod their controller? I mean, I use the Elite controller but that's not modded, just a different button layout.
That sounds horrid. People really suck that badly to where they need to mod their controller? I mean, I use the Elite controller but that's not modded, just a different button layout.
Well Halo doesn't have traditional aim assist like other games. So a simple controller mod can provide that as well as higher fire rates. It's not at all surprising to seem them given there recent boost in popularity thanks to games like Call of Duty Warzone and Fortnight.
This game is brutal when you first start out. Welcome to the grind, think of it like the Dark souls of shooters.

I would recommend sticking to the HCS/Arena playlists.
Yeah it’s really tough cuz all the noobs left and only diehard fans are left ironically I think you would want to play comp to match up with players of your skill level
I think it's mainly because the skill cap is do high
I’m so surprised by what the consensus is on this game’s difficulty. I first picked up the game a few months ago and expected it to be really brutal but I’m far better at it than I am at old school Halo. It’s so fast paced and smooth. It’s the only one I feel like I’m above-average at. I don’t use any cheats or bugs or mods or whatever, just the old fashioned controller.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3