Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo 5's weapon sounds are terrible.

OP Aurik Kal Durin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 24
I have to completely disagree with you OP. All of the sounds are an improvement over all of the Halo games.
OP managed to cram a lot of whine in that post. Should probably start calling him the Cellar.

The only weapon that sounds noticeably worse (and looks worse) to me is the Sniper. The H2A equivalent is the ideal.
You gotta be kidding me, is the best yet next to reach and 2 anniversary. The only sound i didn't like at first was the plasma pistol, but i got used to.
inferior to bungies h3 ar? ok...
The magnum and BR sound horrible, nothing like an actual gun. The AR in 4 was epic sounding
The H5 weapon sounds are great..
I feel like 343i could have used the H2A weapon sounds as those had some really good, really sexy sounds. That would have been great.
I disagree. The weapons sounds and overall sound design are marvelous.

Some old ones are better though.

H2BR:)
Halo 5 has the best sound design so far imo.
Complaining about the audio in Halo 5 is like complaining about cheese in Pizza.

This topic title is amazing. Terrible he says. Lol
I thought I was the only one who thought the Sniper Rifle sounded underpowered. It doesn't have that resounding crack that the others left ringing in your ears with your Turtle Beach/Astros turned all the way up :/
Complaining about the audio in Halo 5 is like complaining about cheese in Pizza.
there are lots of things to possibly complain about with cheese on pizza. for example- IS there too much? Is there too little? What is the quality of the cheese? Is it made with whole milk (Good) Skim milk (terrible)? IS the cheese evenly spread? IS the cheese on the bottom of the topping or on top? IS there cheese in the crust? the same goes with sound. Sound can greatly enhance games or hurt them. the GUN sounds in H5 are WEAK for the most part. The SAW, Sniper and shotguns being exceptions.
Hi -

Unfortunately I have to ask that you repost in English as we are not equipped to handle other languages at this time.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

C'est vrai que les songs des armes sont pas beaux
The weapon sound effects in halo 5 are fine. There actually really good. Ur just complaining for the sake of complaining
Halo 3's AR popcorn maker? No thank you.

The difference between Bungie's and 343's weapon sounds is that 343 records real firearms.
Bungie did that too.

Each game has good and bad sound design in some areas. Halo 4 had overall the worst though. That BR and pistol just... never again.
hey man, id like for you to come up with better sounds Than the current ones. then we'll see How "better" yours can be
I hated the sound of Magnum fire for a long time but that was before I re-learned how to aim and was getting killed by it a lot. Don't mind it so much now.

The Binary Rifle reload sound effect is brilliant. Like a Predator is creeping up behind you. Best noise in the game.
M8 this game has some of the best sound design in a Halo game.
your right dude.
hey man, id like for you to come up with better sounds Than the current ones. then we'll see How "better" yours can be
exactly
slayer o5 wrote:
exactly
Empty argument. We arent professional game designers or paid to implement audio into a video game. We are customers.

Just because someone lacks the technical know how doesn't mean they can't have an opinion in it.

I can't play guitar all that well, but I still consider some bands to be absolutely horrid even though their guitarists are much better than I am.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 24