Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 Shrinking Population

OP Candyland027

With the changes made to the game, specifically H-5 Super Fiesta; combining Fiesta and Husky, and now adding leftovers from Holiday Fiesta like Strongholds and Oddball, I can’t imagine there’s much more they can do to ruin this game. From what I read about the Halo population decreasing, I can certainly understand why. As much as it pains me, I think it’s time for me to bail, too, unless 343 wakes up and makes very necessary corrections.
Mate, I can’t even find a match AT ALL unless I’m in a fireteam. I’ve contacted some 343 employees on this forum to see what gives, with ZERO response as yet. Kinda pissed TBH.
They should just bite the bullet and put a population count somewhere either in game or here in the forums. condense and streamline the playlists. One playlist i always find games in Firefight and i'd love for it for Mythic to disappear.
You can always find matches in Swat, Quick Play, Slayer, or BTBSF. The featured list is normally well populated too.
BODYKAZT wrote:
Mate, I can’t even find a match AT ALL unless I’m in a fireteam. I’ve contacted some 343 employees on this forum to see what gives, with ZERO response as yet. Kinda pissed TBH.
i have the same issue, how its possible that if I play solo its harder to find a game that if I play in team. (I always have expanded search)
I've still been finding games pretty easily. Maybe it's just the time I play, and the playlists I play in?
I'm a warzone fanatic, but the only one that has a large population is firefight. Wholeheartedly agree
With the changes made to the game, specifically H-5 Super Fiesta; combining Fiesta and Husky, and now adding leftovers from Holiday Fiesta like Strongholds and Oddball, I can’t imagine there’s much more they can do to ruin this game. From what I read about the Halo population decreasing, I can certainly understand why. As much as it pains me, I think it’s time for me to bail, too, unless 343 wakes up and makes very necessary corrections.
Just started playing 2 months ago and I have no issues finding any Ranked games
Vlexis wrote:
I've still been finding games pretty easily. Maybe it's just the time I play, and the playlists I play in?
Not sure. I can literally try and find a slayer match for 15 minutes, it times out each time. I then join a fireteam, instant matches...
IDK 🤷‍♂️
I'd love to spend this time not working getting the max level... but the tiny population + always being forced on the losing team is killing it for me. If I can even find a match in warzone, I get cored in about 5 minutes into the game. Halo Infinite can't come fast enough.
As much as it sucks I'm nearly 100% certain 343 couldn't care less about what's left of Halo 5, which sucks for me because I am not at all into the MCC simply because they're it's an old experience.
it really depends when im searching. During europe main playtime, i find fast enough super fiesta and big team super fiesta.
The Warzone search takes a little time. Usually i wait until the search times out. The second search attempt find always a warzone match
Husky raid was actually really popular on its own before they misguidedly added to SFP. That killed half the husky raid community within two weeks, most of my husky raid friends moved on and don't play halo anymore :(
I usually can find matches in whatever I want, unless it's coming to about 4am. That being said, I'm always playing around the same time so my anecdote should be taken with a grain of salt.
BODYKAZT wrote:
Vlexis wrote:
Not sure. I can literally try and find a slayer match for 15 minutes, it times out each time. I then join a fireteam, instant matches...
IDK 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I play solo and usually find matches within a couple minutes of searching, and sometimes even instantly. Mostly SWAT, Fiesta, Warzone FF, and whatever they've rotated in. Sometimes I do Elimination and it will take a lot longer, or not even find a match.
When I want to go back onto Halo 5, I can never find a match. If some people were willing to add me on Xbox and send me a message when they were playing, I would be happy to join
They should just bite the bullet and put a population count somewhere either in game or here in the forums. condense and streamline the playlists. One playlist i always find games in Firefight and i'd love for it for Mythic to disappear.
I believe that 343 said that Mythic's only around on the weekends. I think that firefight is popular as it is the quickest way to grind XP, and everyone's doing that with the weekly packs that we're getting.
From what I read about the Halo population decreasing,
you read that where?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

you don't have to read false info ...just check most played games

Its 36 out of the top 50 MOST PLAYED games on xbox. Its usually hovered around the middle of this list. Pretty good for a 4 year old game.Considering that Gears 5 came out not long ago and is almost at the bottom of the list.
What? I can consistently find matches in Warzone Firefight, Mythic Arena, and Super Fiesta. Those are really the only game modes that I play, so I can’t speak for the other ones. But those are still pretty populated.