Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

halo 5 still got a good population?

OP Rossflex

so I'm on PC but I was thinking about just buying a cheap Xbox one slim just to play Halo 5 and the rest of the Halo collection because its not fully out on PC yet..
but then again I know the new Xbox is coming out and its highly unlikely I will hit 152 before halo infinite lol especially since I'm on a new Gamertag.
Rossflex wrote:
so I'm on PC but I was thinking about just buying a cheap Xbox one slim just to play Halo 5 and the rest of the Halo collection because its not fully out on PC yet..
but then again I know the new Xbox is coming out and its highly unlikely I will hit 152 before halo infinite lol especially since I'm on a new Gamertag.
I'm just like you, and 2 players told me that it was better waiting for the rest of the MCC and for Halo Infinite to release.
I'm very curious to play Halo 5 but I think I'll listen to their advice and wait for Halo Infinite.
Just wish there would be something to see about it while we're waiting for it
YukiryuFR wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
I'm just like you, and 2 players told me that it was better waiting for the rest of the MCC and for Halo Infinite to release.
I'm very curious to play Halo 5 but I think I'll listen to their advice and wait for Halo Infinite.
I will say, the game is...fine. It's not the worst game in the world or anything like people say, but at this point in the game's lifespan? It's not really worth starting out on it now. It has some great stuff in it, but the potential is a bit all over the place. Along with stuff becoming worse and worse over time (servers, hit reg, weapon balance, etc.).
At least there is still a lot people playing Warzone FireFight, you can easily get matched with the "expanded" option. And you can even see up to 4 palyers are below 50 level in a match. Actually, I started playing multiplayer a month ago and spent countless hours in it and just graduate the silverpack.
One cheap solution is that you can buy a second-hand old xboxone(about $99?) and $1 XGPU trial ,even the old X1 can run Halo5 @60Hz and MCC.BTW buying 3-year Xlive Gold then upgrade to XGPU is highly recommanded.
You should be able to find games although playlists like BTB can be a ghost town in the early morning hours for example, but MCC is another good option to play.
Featured playlists are always pretty populated
Yup. Plenty of people playing, just most tend to be playing certain game types or customs.
I never have trouble finding a game. The population is small (I run into high level players I recognize often) but I can find a game.
Halo 5 is pretty consistent, it just depends on the hours, try playing on Expanded if your having trouble finding a game, if you still have no luck try a different game mode
Definitely. And Id say it's worth it. You can pick up an all-digital xbox and halo 5 for $150 at Walmart!
YukiryuFR wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
I bought a xbox slim for 150 brand new all digital comes with three games ill let you know!
Definitely. And Id say it's worth it. You can pick up an all-digital xbox and halo 5 for $150 at Walmart!
I just did lol
From what I see, decent. I can still manage to find a match in the middle of the week, and have fun with it. The community isn’t dead, just lots abandoned seeing the game is almost 5 years old. Now with Halo Infinite coming shortly, I’m hoping those people who abandoned this community are gonna come back. Just have your fingers crossed, at least if the community stays the same, you’ll still have people to play with. I primarily play on the physical console, but not too sure about PC. If you’re looking at getting the older Halo games, then just get the MCC on console, unless if you’re like me who already owned all the prior games.
I have no issues ever finding games. I usually stick to big team super fiesta so I can't say for ranked games.
As long as you stick with the featured playlists. You should be fine
In Europe you have to set it to expanded search. Super Fiesta, Featured Playlists and Warzone Firefight seem to be the most populated ones in my experience. If you are from US you should have no problems finding matches :).
While sure you can probably find games there will be some wait times and ranked may not always be very balanced. H5 and MCC have pretty low populations I would say since H5 is usually in the 40's of the Xbox most played list and MCC isn't even listed any more.
Hello everyone, I haven't played halo for 10 years now, feels strange to come back, lost all my stats etc, btw its my first post on here,
Hello everyone, I haven't played halo for 10 years now, feels strange to come back, lost all my stats etc, btw its my first post on here,
Welcome, the game has come a long way, have patience and learn....very rewarding