Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo 5 still no infection

OP Hero 1n Error

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. ...
  8. 21
I completely agree with you. Why did 343 decide that griffball is more important than infection. I know their definitely going to add it but why has it taken so long. It should have been with the launch or with an early update. 343 has been listening to the fans kinda good except infection. I have never even heard them mention yet. Just why 343
Can someone explain the logic behind the people saying not to add Infection? More variety isn't a negative nor do people who don't like it have to play it. To ask 343 to not add Infection just seems spiteful and needlessly selfish.
Can someone explain the logic behind the people saying not to add Infection? More variety isn't a negative nor do people who don't like it have to play it. To ask 343 to not add Infection just seems spiteful and needlessly selfish.
Only like three people are saying not to add it. Ignore them. They're obviously just children who have the mind set of "I'm not gonna play it so it shouldn't be in the game"
Kariyanine wrote:
There is some truth to that criticism but quality is a subjective factor. I feel that if Halo 5 wasn't quality that I wanted to start with, I wouldn't return regardless of the new stuff being offered. For instances, I burned out on Splatoon real quick because I didn't get into the core gameplay mechanics and their competitive concept, so regardless of all the free updates and support they did, I wasn't going back. Halo 5 is following a very similar model but I think the core gameplay mechanics and competitive concept are good so I return. There certainly isn't anything wrong with putting what you deem as quality on a pedestal and sticking with it, but I also don't think there is anything wrong with trying new things until something better (subjectively of course) comes along. And the way the industry has been moving, I'd argue that more people take the latter approach.
I wouldn't say quality is subjective, it seems more like Halo 5's high quality engine keeps you interested enough to come back with each update, but the low quality content can't hold your attention. Your preference for new things is your opinion, so I won't dispute it. I don't like it, but that's not your problem.
Let me clarify. Much like my liking new things and you not liking new things are based on our preference for one or the other. Quality can be determined by the holder. Yes, there is a generally accepted guide for quality (be it reviews, mass think, what have you) but generally people decide what they like and the value (or quality) of such on their own.
Kariyanine, youre a child.
Huh?
Can someone explain the logic behind the people saying not to add Infection? More variety isn't a negative nor do people who don't like it have to play it. To ask 343 to not add Infection just seems spiteful and needlessly selfish.
Only like three people are saying not to add it. Ignore them. They're obviously just children who have the mind set of "I'm not gonna play it so it shouldn't be in the game"
While I'd not use children as a descriptor, I think you hit the nail on the head. It is just an argument I see crop up too much and it never makes sense to me.
Can someone explain the logic behind the people saying not to add Infection? More variety isn't a negative nor do people who don't like it have to play it. To ask 343 to not add Infection just seems spiteful and needlessly selfish.
Only like three people are saying not to add it. Ignore them. They're obviously just children who have the mind set of "I'm not gonna play it so it shouldn't be in the game"
While I'd not use children as a descriptor, I think you hit the nail on the head. It is just an argument I see crop up too much and it never makes sense to me.
I mean, it is a childish thing to say, whether or not the person is 11 or 45
R3dMarine wrote:
Well to be fair here if they did infection before grifball there would be complaints saying either, why is there still no gravham, why do we have gravham but no grifball, and my personal favorite, why did you do infection before grifball because regardless of what they get out it will never please all.
F16 HUNTER wrote:
seems theyre holding out on what the community really wants so they "stick" around and pump more money into their microtransactions.
Yeah sure. Cause everything 343 does is evil. There's microtransactions but they do it right. You can get them in game supa easily and even if you buy a bunch it's not pay2win. Get over it.
Everything 343 does is indeed evil.
Every
Villain
Is
L343
also known as Evil
Mother of god...
Flood I need Flood for Multiplayer
Mauler72 wrote:
I completely agree with you. Why did 343 decide that griffball is more important than infection. I know their definitely going to add it but why has it taken so long. It should have been with the launch or with an early update. 343 has been listening to the fans kinda good except infection. I have never even heard them mention yet. Just why 343
they may be tweaking it so they can release a finished game type
I remember the old days when Infection was based on the honor system. You would start with one person on green and the rest on red. Everyone would spawn with a shotgun and a sword. If the person on green team killed you with a sword then you would have to go and change to green team.
Custom games just aren't a huge thing anymore, its sad.
Custom games just aren't a huge thing anymore, its sad.
it definitely had the chance, but 343 blew it, which isn't surprising. They seem to ruin everything they get their grubby hands on. The custom games community has pretty much been disregarded. Infection is a keystone for most of the Halo community, and it has yet to be even talked about by the devs. There are SO many great maps right now in forge that have extreme potential for when we actually get infection, which may be never, knowing 343.
Custom games just aren't a huge thing anymore, its sad.
it definitely had the chance, but 343 blew it, which isn't surprising. They seem to ruin everything they get their grubby hands on. The custom games community has pretty much been disregarded. Infection is a keystone for most of the Halo community, and it has yet to be even talked about by the devs. There are SO many great maps right now in forge that have extreme potential for when we actually get infection, which may be never, knowing 343.
I think custom games not being so big anymore is just as much the community's fault as it is 343's
Everyone needs some patience. They said they are working on it so its not like its never going to happen.
Kariyanine wrote:
Kariyanine wrote:
There is some truth to that criticism but quality is a subjective factor. I feel that if Halo 5 wasn't quality that I wanted to start with, I wouldn't return regardless of the new stuff being offered. For instances, I burned out on Splatoon real quick because I didn't get into the core gameplay mechanics and their competitive concept, so regardless of all the free updates and support they did, I wasn't going back. Halo 5 is following a very similar model but I think the core gameplay mechanics and competitive concept are good so I return. There certainly isn't anything wrong with putting what you deem as quality on a pedestal and sticking with it, but I also don't think there is anything wrong with trying new things until something better (subjectively of course) comes along. And the way the industry has been moving, I'd argue that more people take the latter approach.
I wouldn't say quality is subjective, it seems more like Halo 5's high quality engine keeps you interested enough to come back with each update, but the low quality content can't hold your attention. Your preference for new things is your opinion, so I won't dispute it. I don't like it, but that's not your problem.
Let me clarify. Much like my liking new things and you not liking new things are based on our preference for one or the other. Quality can be determined by the holder. Yes, there is a generally accepted guide for quality (be it reviews, mass think, what have you) but generally people decide what they like and the value (or quality) of such on their own.
Now you're talking about value, that is not the same as quality, quality is not subjective. People often prefer low quality goods (like plastic forks) simply because they like them, which is personal value. (Not sure if that's the scientific term, but it's close)
Sir Rinder wrote:
I couldn't disagree more, I'm not missing infection that much. It's not that serious, but that's my opinion.

The point is, I don't think EVERYONE thinks it's THAT important.
Um yeah no you are the first person I've ever seen that doesn't miss it. I've had many friends quit because it was all they ever played on previous Halo games.
I don't really care either. Sure, it would be nice, but it's not the MOST important thing on the list of what they need or what they should fix. I am perfectly content with what they have. I think they should improve customization before anything. They should make customization like it was in Halo 4. Helmet, chest, shoulders, forearms and legs should all be separate. This does not favor the req system, but what you unlocked a whole set at a time? Or, maybe even unlock the body armor together but equip it separately?

P.S. I fixed your four grammar errors.
You say that after looking at the image for the plan, there is no Infection? They have only released the titles and a small image. Was Hammer Storm named: "Grifball"? Was Battle of Shadow and Light named: "BTB"? No, so why shouldn't Ghosts Of Merdian have Infection?
You say that after looking at the image for the plan, there is no Infection? They have only released the titles and a small image. Was Hammer Storm named: "Grifball"? Was Battle of Shadow and Light named: "BTB"? No, so why shouldn't Ghosts Of Merdian have Infection?
Where did he say that he thinks there's no plan for it?

EDIT: never mind, I'm dumb. But this thread has seen a lot, we've covered this already.
Custom games just aren't a huge thing anymore, its sad.
it definitely had the chance, but 343 blew it, which isn't surprising. They seem to ruin everything they get their grubby hands on. The custom games community has pretty much been disregarded. Infection is a keystone for most of the Halo community, and it has yet to be even talked about by the devs. There are SO many great maps right now in forge that have extreme potential for when we actually get infection, which may be never, knowing 343.
I think custom games not being so big anymore is just as much the community's fault as it is 343's
Impossible. The usage of a certain aspect of a game is directly linked to its quality and utility, and if the community doesn't use customs, then that is directly representative of the utility of the custom games option in comparison to its alternatives (Matchmaking). The lack of inclusion of Infection, arguably a fundamental aspect of casual custom games, means that the custom games community is going to shrink significantly since there is little incentive to utilize the custom game lobby. The notion that its the consumer's responsibility to play custom games, and that its their "fault" that a certain aspect of a game isn't popular, when the option has been gimped into oblivion in comparison to recent titles, is ridiculous. It is completely and totally 343's "fault", as the community's utilization of the feature is just a byproduct of its relative utility.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. ...
  8. 21