Halo 5 terrible graphics

OP Prom37h3us

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Don't want to be y=totally negative here but the graphics on halo 5 are terrible. I would definitely say the game looks worse than halo 4 and I know what people will say, "it's 1080p 60fps and halo 4 was 720p so it has better graphics". The resolution does not determine the graphics it is just the number of pixels and while that does actually make the game look better their are plenty of other things that make a good looking game. I would even say that halo 5 was better looking on release and seems to have undergone some downgrades after release. Like I said I don't want to be totally negative here and graphics are not the be all and end all on a game that people play mainly for its competitive multiplayer but I don't get how 343 could not make a game with a good story and fun campaign, took out many game types and couldn't make the game look good. Maybe it's just the xbox to blame but it bugs me how the game looks as bad as it does and has such a crappy campaign when compared to older games like halo 1,2 and 3. Sorry for the negativity but II hope the next game takes advantage of the increased performance if the xbox one x and we have a good story for campaign and it continues with HCS.
Prom37h3us wrote:
I would definitely say the game looks worse than halo 4 and I know what people will say, "it's 1080p 60fps and halo 4 was 720p so it has better graphics". The resolution does not determine the graphics it is just the number of pixels and while that does actually make the game look better their are plenty of other things that make a good looking game.
Actually, resolution does equal graphics in most cases. When a game doesn't live up to its resolution, then the resolution doesn't matter. I'm also not 100% certain what you're trying to say. Do you dislike the art style? Do you think that you can see choppy lines and problems in the resolution?
As long as i can see the enemy clearly, i'm fine with the graphics.
My friend was playing with me the other day, and he said "Why has this game got PS1 graphics". I was about to fanboy out and tell him he was wrong until I thought about it. I mean obviously its not PS1 bad, but he has got a point, graphics do kind of suck in H5.

In my opinion

I would like to add the game is 2 years old now. I dont remember it being that bad when I first started.
Trusssson wrote:
My friend was playing with me the other day, and he said "Why has this game got PS1 graphics".
Why do people always overstate graphical shortcomings like that?
OHMAHGEHRD IT'S NOT 4K AND WEN I PUT IT ON A JUMBOTRON I CAN C SOME OF THE PIXILS. WARST GAYM EVAR!!!!1!1!11one11!
But seriously, this:
Taytta wrote:
People are idiots
Sup bro you don't like 1990s PSX era pixels!? Well game on PC then!
And btw some of these post are evidence of how far the community has fallen from demanding the best of the best. We don't pay all this money for technology to receive below average results. Sure graphics are the least of this games concern but does that mean it shouldn't be a concern at all? Its like we went from getting the whole pie to being satisfied with a nibble of the crust.
Caroniver wrote:
Trusssson wrote:
My friend was playing with me the other day, and he said "Why has this game got PS1 graphics".
Why do people always overstate graphical shortcomings like that?
OHMAHGEHRD IT'S NOT 4K AND WEN I PUT IT ON A JUMBOTRON I CAN C SOME OF THE PIXILS. WARST GAYM EVAR!!!!1!1!11one11!
But seriously, this:
Taytta wrote:
But seriously this is why the game is in the state it is. Who gives a woot about heavy aim, as long as you can aim right? Who cares if you can't find a game that isn't already started, you can play right? Its okay if we got dlc that was cut from the base game, ya got it right? Keep giving 343 and MS that rope baby, they'll hang ya soon enough.
Taytta wrote:
I can't see the enemy clearly with all the glare in my scope however.
Look at Halo 3 compared to Reach & 4. Doesn't even look like the same console.

I expect 6's graphics will see a significant upgrade. Gameplay > graphics
AMillz44 wrote:

That's a kind of thing that always confuses me. When a game is a launch title, it can't use the console to its full power, because no one is 100% sure how powerful it is yet. But why is it that after 2 years, they're still nowhere close to full potential? Even Halo 4 is a big step up graphically from Reach, and those are only a year apart. Why does it take so long to figure out a console's strength?
Who cares about graphics all I care it's about gameplay that's what really matters
The new Blue color looks horrible compared to how it did during release. Also, the newer DLC armors appear graphically worse than the sets that were available at release. That's why it looked better back then.
The new Blue color looks horrible compared to how it did during release. Also, the newer DLC armors appear graphically worse than the sets that were available at release. That's why it looked better back then.
It changed because they used a primarily blue color pallet in the arenas, so Blues tended to blend in a little bit. This gave them an unfair advantage, so they changed the shade of blue.
Halo 5 is basically Governor Sloane.
Caroniver wrote:
AMillz44 wrote:

That's a kind of thing that always confuses me. When a game is a launch title, it can't use the console to its full power, because no one is 100% sure how powerful it is yet. But why is it that after 2 years, they're still nowhere close to full potential? Even Halo 4 is a big step up graphically from Reach, and those are only a year apart. Why does it take so long to figure out a console's strength?
Two years apart.
A1NZ wrote:
Who cares about graphics all I care it's about gameplay that's what really matters
Too bad gameplay is not up to par as well...
A1NZ wrote:
Halo 5's gameplay is great.
A1NZ wrote:
Halo 5's gameplay is great.
I disagree, it's great when connected to a local server, but it's very poor when you're not. It's hit and miss in my opinion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5