2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 12
I don't think that, halo 5, The beta of halo 6.
Thats a madness.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not flame/attack others.

Spoiler:
Show
Give it some time. This game hasn't even been out a year and already there is a lot of bashing going around.
I know a latter of you are experiencing 5+ Warzone matches with farmers from hell, ban hammer issues for being AFK for only 2 minutes, and personal issues with 343i not handing you everything that must be earned (the main reason for the reqs in the first place) but just give it some f'n time.
In a year or so when all the old war horses are on guardians and the competitive players are either maxed out or tired of this game this will end up being the one everybody falls back to when 6 is released. It happed with Halo 3, Reach, and now it's happening to Halo 4. Halo 4 has been the fall back of todays era of players who don't like immediate change or cannot adapt so quickly.
I've been gaming for years and I've noticed this pattern with every release and it's aftermath effect it has on some players.
The only difference is that with the others the console was 360 so not much to change there.
Today it's between the 360 and the One which makes it hard for the old warhorses who have been on the 360 and knows it like the back of their hand. they cannot adapt as well as some of the younger players can. And to add to it, some of the best players are broke. Real Talk.
Some of the best players I know are still on Halo 4 waiting to get on the One but can't just yet. Their waiting on birthdays/Christmas or whatever gets them that console.
Just wait until the competitive players are gone and clans begin clashing after they finally figure out forge and how to build real Raid maps again.
Time...

Idk if it's off topic but I thought of this when I read the main topic.
I think Halo 5 multiplayer is the best of the series, so that should be left alone for the most part. Where I would prefer 343I to spend their time is delivering a spectacular Campaign, with a flowing story, characters that truly stand out, epic set pieces and superb cinematics, and a memorable story that ensures that the characters end their journey with grace and is not rushed to tie up the reclaimed saga with a hastily tied bow. I would be totally ok with the death of characters, as long as it is A) justified, and B) carried significance. Give us a reason to care, not throw events at us and or expect a wow factor.

But that's just my opinion.
I don't know,
I DSG I wrote:
Hi all,
First of all, I love halo 5... I have 450 hours on the game and I still want to get all the REQs ( I currently have 80% ).

However I feel as though Halo 5 has been rejected by its own community and 343 have been given a lot of hate ( some of which I understand ).
I think that Halo 5 has some problems and could do with a bit more content... which is comming... at some point.... hopefully.
I also think that Halo 5 is a bit of a beta for Halo 6 ... 343 are using this game to make sure that Halo 6 is going to be great.... you can make up your own mind if you think that this is a good thing or not.
Because Halo 5 has been not as successful as some of us would have hoped, I unfortunately believe that Halo 6 could be the last halo if it is not outstanding.
Hopefully 343 have seen what the community liked and didn't like about Halo 5, and will make the necessary changes to Halo 6.
In my opinion Halo 6 will be the begining of Halo's rise to power again or its downfall... (please get it right 343... I have faith).

What do you think?... Is Halo 5 a bit of a beta for Halo 6 or is it just a game that ( in the eyes of many ) has failed?
I don't know beastlyepiclama, you have a point, but there are many seperate opinions...
I actually think Halo 5 is really good. I don't think this is exactly a beta for Halo 6, but I do think it needed a bit more work, for example, they should have added a coop or local multiplayer like in its past games. But even so I still think Halo 5 is one of the best video games I've ever played.
personally I love halo 5 the story the ending was a bit week and if they learn for halo 5 to make halo 6 better I wont say its a bad thing the reqs don't bother me I like a game that gives me a reason to keep going
Give it some time. This game hasn't even been out a year and already there is a lot of bashing going around.
I know a latter of you are experiencing 5+ Warzone matches with farmers from hell, ban hammer issues for being AFK for only 2 minutes, and personal issues with 343i not handing you everything that must be earned (the main reason for the reqs in the first place) but just give it some f'n time.
In a year or so when all the old war horses are on guardians and the competitive players are either maxed out or tired of this game this will end up being the one everybody falls back to when 6 is released. It happed with Halo 3, Reach, and now it's happening to Halo 4. Halo 4 has been the fall back of todays era of players who don't like immediate change or cannot adapt so quickly.
I've been gaming for years and I've noticed this pattern with every release and it's aftermath effect it has on some players.
The only difference is that with the others the console was 360 so not much to change there.
Today it's between the 360 and the One which makes it hard for the old warhorses who have been on the 360 and knows it like the back of their hand. they cannot adapt as well as some of the younger players can. And to add to it, some of the best players are broke. Real Talk.
Some of the best players I know are still on Halo 4 waiting to get on the One but can't just yet. Their waiting on birthdays/Christmas or whatever gets them that console.
Just wait until the competitive players are gone and clans begin clashing after they finally figure out forge and how to build real Raid maps again.
Time...

Idk if it's off topic but I thought of this when I read the main topic.
This is exactly my thoughts that stimulated my first couple of post on page one. 343 has to re market this thing. Actually they have to market as it is a new game. Why? Because it will be come June if it already isn't.
As OP stating and I agree halo 5 at launch seemed like a beta but not for halo 6 it was a beta for itself at launch. To me, there seems to be a reason for 343 to push on so it worked.
It has too btw add split screen 434 studioFallbackSauce12
I DSG I wrote:
Hi all,
First of all, I love halo 5... I have 450 hours on the game and I still want to get all the REQs ( I currently have 80% ).

However I feel as though Halo 5 has been rejected by its own community and 343 have been given a lot of hate ( some of which I understand ).
I think that Halo 5 has some problems and could do with a bit more content... which is comming... at some point.... hopefully.
I also think that Halo 5 is a bit of a beta for Halo 6 ... 343 are using this game to make sure that Halo 6 is going to be great.... you can make up your own mind if you think that this is a good thing or not.
Because Halo 5 has been not as successful as some of us would have hoped, I unfortunately believe that Halo 6 could be the last halo if it is not outstanding.
Hopefully 343 have seen what the community liked and didn't like about Halo 5, and will make the necessary changes to Halo 6.
In my opinion Halo 6 will be the begining of Halo's rise to power again or its downfall... (please get it right 343... I have faith).

What do you think?... Is Halo 5 a bit of a beta for Halo 6 or is it just a game that ( in the eyes of many ) has failed?
I think it could be, maybe not a beta, but more like a tease before halo 6 like they change a lot the game dynamics to see how the game would be liked by the community, to see which things fit and which don't to then fix everything on next game to make it the best one... after all we learn from our mistakes.

Spoiler:
Show
I think halo 5 is great and halo 6 is going to be the rise of halo
Halo 5 was actually far more successful in multiplayer functionality than many would think. I'm not talking about the REQ system or how many groups of farmers there are or anything like that. I'm talking gameplay functionality, the abilities you have as a player and the many ways you can actually use them. I've saw more creative kills in Halo 5: Guardians than I have in any other FPS game. I also love the way Halo 5 plays, it's fast but not too fast and it feels different from other games in a way that's unexplained.
Halo 5 is halo 5 and is great in my opinion. What 343 has got to do is re air ads for this game in its final phase (grifball, forge, infection, firefight, etc in game). I hope they're working on a business plan for this as this game today isn't at all what it was in October. Not only would this bring back folks that have abandoned the game and just simply don't know about the additions but also brand new players. Just think a full blown commercial with all of the features this game will have (still isn't complete). 343 has done great and their dedication shows but the have to bring in more player population and I feel running commercials like its intial release (will kind of be one) is a good idea.
Your idea isn't a bad one, heck I've suggested it as well, but I honesty just don't see this happening. They barely had commercials for Halo 5 before it launch IMO. I just feel they did a poor job in this area. One thing Activision does right with say COD is they advertise the heck out of it. I remember when MS used to do this with Halo, but no longer.

I feel like 343I/MS has decided that it's not worth it for Halo 5. I can see them doing some advertising online and say on Xbox 1 but that's about it. I think there focus is really one Halo 6 and Halo Wars 2 even.

I still believe that the marketing for Halo 5 is really for Halo 6. Especially the Cloaked Chief.
Maybe ya, lol Who knows!

I DSG I wrote:
Hi all,

I think that Halo 5 has some problems and could do with a bit more content... which is coming... at some point.... hopefully.
In my opinion Halo 6 will be the beginning of Halo's rise to power again or its downfall... (please get it right 343... I have faith).

In a way, Halo 5 is a beta for Halo 6. They wanted to try REQs, warzone etc. They wanted to see how the community reacted to no BTB at first and no Firefight or Spartan Ops type modes. Having no split screen. Putting in ADS style zooming and changing the looks of some weapons like Rockets. I don't think it's a coincidence that on a lot of new maps they have or use the H2BR and the SPNKr. Using remixes and forge maps as new maps and so on. Just think about it honesty, they are testing things. It makes sense.

I truly think Halo 6 will make or break 343I vision of Halo.
Reqs are not earned!!! its all luck. H3, halo reach and H4 is where you could actually "earn" armour and such
Unfortunately I pretty much agree
You're thinking of destiny
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
you need to understand that many of the players who complain in these forums are the entitled members of the born-with-an-ipad-in-your-hands generation. Kids who have never been told no, living under this fantasy that they will get everything they want. They expect a video game to fulfill every little expectation they have of it, and if even one aspect does not satisfy, or more often they do not know how to counter an enemy using (insert combat method here), they jump to the forums and berate the people who make these wonderful products.

but they're consumers, and they will buy the product. And new gamers will buy it. This game had a beta, adjustments were made, and they completed an incredible Halo multiplayer. The story was ambitious, switching the perspective to one of a Spartan viewing the chief's actions, or the officers aboard the infinity making combat choices. It all resolves around the John 117, but we are largest picture. It certainly has moments that I wish we could have played, but the missions were beautiful on some pretty awesome worlds. The warden gifts were repetitive. I think warden should evolve after each encounter. He takes on different forms by learning from the mistakes of the previous fight. (like egghead v. Sonic :) Cortana as the enemy? I can get behind that, I'm glad we're going back to a Halo ring (though why do I fear 6 be a quest to find the ring, but no actual combat on the ring until 7?)

and for multiplayer? Change nothing. Every gun has a purpose, like range guns can compete, the abilities allow for never-before-seen combat situations, and the core combat paradigm of being a better shot (and being prepared for a fight with the right gun, an integral part of halo's combat!) all make the versus modes of very high caliber. Warzone plays just fine. Sorry you're getting farmed, that's the big bad ocean of video games at its baddest. Big gotta fish gotta eat little, am I right?

I want some forge bugs fixed, and some more freedom with regards to making a custom game. And when I ask for something, I'm kind and cordial. As if I were taking to the dev team face to face.

and if you cry over how broken something is, and that you want Halo Reach, I challenge you to make a video game that pleases 100% of consumers who buy it.
Halos 4 and 5 have been test runs and hopefully they get six all right and make it the best of the year.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 12