6. 13
Biostasis2 wrote:
Halo 5-Better forge
-Ignoring the P2W aspect, the req variants of weapons are pretty cool
-Warzone

Halo 4
-Better multiplayer
-Better Story
-Spartan ops was pretty good (a bit repetitive but ok)
You Actually liked halo four's story?
It Was awful. The didact was potentially one of the most shallow villains in the last decade. His entire psychological breakdown can be described as, " Humans bad. Rawrrrrrr."
Most Villains fall into one of two categories; sympathetic villains or completely evil villains.
Doctor Octopus from the second Spiderman movie is a good example of a sympathetic villain. He does some reprehensible stuff, which sets him at odds with the hero, but you can still relate to the guy.
Jason vorhees from the Friday the thirteenth movies is a good example of pure evil villains. He just murders people for no good reason.

The Didact was neither. He's the leader of a long gone race who's upset the humans are taking over his job. He has a long standing hate with humans, and jealously guards his perceived role in the universe by trying to destroy the entire human race.

But There really isn't anything left for the mantle to do. the flood is destroyed, that we know of. The war with the covenant is over, the covenant civil war is grinding to a close....
There is no logical point to killing all the humans because they are a threat. The didact is guarding his empty empire with an atom bomb. He's literally holding onto an empty chair.

You Can't sympathise with him.
And He's going to exterminate humans because.... well, the story needs an antagonist.

Anyways, The "return of the forerunners" was just about as underwhelming as possible. On a side note, it's not even the return of the forerunners. It's one guy, with a bunch of robot warriors.

Tl:dr didact is a lame villain that made for a lame campaign.
Did you actually play the campaign? Did you not realise that the Didact was only supposed to be the catalyst he was terrible because he wasn't the focus. He wasn't important to the story they were telling other than to create the necessary situations where the actual plot would take place
Yes, that makes total sense: try to reinvigorate the halo franchise by starting off their trilogy with a antagonist that's purposely bland and boring.

That doesn't sound like a recipe for disaster, right?

What is your point exactly?
Your entire post literally breaks down to saying, "the plot and characters aren't important to the story. The only reason they are there is so that things happen, and characters say stuff."

The entire point of campaign is the story, chief. The trials and challenges a protagonist faces and how they respond to them is the very thing that makes the story poignant, it's what resonates with the audience.The protagonist exists in the story to provide these challenges. That's their ENTIRE function. Purposely trudging a character through a vapid story filled with empty dialogue and easy obstacles is a terrible story no one cares about.

The arbiter is a weak villain at the center point of a weak game. Arguing he's a weak villain on purpose doesn't redeem the story.
halo 5 is good because
1. good story (pls don't hate me for saying this)

2. i like the req system

3. it has grunts

4. the plasma grenades look like blueberrys before you pick them up and kill people with them

halo 5 is bad because

1. blue team barely has any campaign missions

2.not enough grunts

3. its really laggy (for me anyway)
List all the reasons you think halo 5 is or isn't better than halo 4
I think Halo 5 better, the req system is awesome, but don't get me started on the campaign.
i like halo 4 better because it looked closer to halo than 5 ever will and the campaign was good, nowhere near as memorable and replayable as bungies obviously but it was decent. :)
I think Halo 5 better, the req system is awesome, but don't get me started on the campaign.
i like halo 4 better because it looked closer to halo than 5 ever will and the campaign was good, nowhere near as memorable and replayable as bungies obviously but it was decent. :)
You're joking right? The game where you could spawn with active camo, an insta-kill pocket shotgun, can see through walls, jetpack through the air, and survive vehicle destructions, and I did mention the being able to see through walls in that list right? All in an "Arena" setting... Looks closer to Halo to you?

The campaign was a lot better than 5's though yeah.
Sylxeria wrote:
You're joking right? The game where you could spawn with active camo, an insta-kill pocket shotgun, can see through walls, jetpack through the air, and survive vehicle destructions, and I did mention the being able to see through walls in that list right? All in an "Arena" setting... Looks closer to Halo to you?

The campaign was a lot better than 5's though yeah.
i dont really care for multiplayer, but i also feel halo 5 looks too different from halo.
Biostasis2 wrote:
Biostasis2 wrote:
Halo 5-Better forge
-Ignoring the P2W aspect, the req variants of weapons are pretty cool
-Warzone

Halo 4
-Better multiplayer
-Better Story
-Spartan ops was pretty good (a bit repetitive but ok)
You Actually liked halo four's story?
It Was awful. The didact was potentially one of the most shallow villains in the last decade. His entire psychological breakdown can be described as, " Humans bad. Rawrrrrrr."
Most Villains fall into one of two categories; sympathetic villains or completely evil villains.
Doctor Octopus from the second Spiderman movie is a good example of a sympathetic villain. He does some reprehensible stuff, which sets him at odds with the hero, but you can still relate to the guy.
Jason vorhees from the Friday the thirteenth movies is a good example of pure evil villains. He just murders people for no good reason.

The Didact was neither. He's the leader of a long gone race who's upset the humans are taking over his job. He has a long standing hate with humans, and jealously guards his perceived role in the universe by trying to destroy the entire human race.

But There really isn't anything left for the mantle to do. the flood is destroyed, that we know of. The war with the covenant is over, the covenant civil war is grinding to a close....
There is no logical point to killing all the humans because they are a threat. The didact is guarding his empty empire with an atom bomb. He's literally holding onto an empty chair.

You Can't sympathise with him.
And He's going to exterminate humans because.... well, the story needs an antagonist.

Anyways, The "return of the forerunners" was just about as underwhelming as possible. On a side note, it's not even the return of the forerunners. It's one guy, with a bunch of robot warriors.

Tl:dr didact is a lame villain that made for a lame campaign.
Did you actually play the campaign? Did you not realise that the Didact was only supposed to be the catalyst he was terrible because he wasn't the focus. He wasn't important to the story they were telling other than to create the necessary situations where the actual plot would take place
Yes, that makes total sense: try to reinvigorate the halo franchise by starting off their trilogy with a antagonist that's purposely bland and boring.

That doesn't sound like a recipe for disaster, right?

What is your point exactly?
Your entire post literally breaks down to saying, "the plot and characters aren't important to the story. The only reason they are there is so that things happen, and characters say stuff."

The entire point of campaign is the story, chief. The trials and challenges a protagonist faces and how they respond to them is the very thing that makes the story poignant, it's what resonates with the audience.The protagonist exists in the story to provide these challenges. That's their ENTIRE function. Purposely trudging a character through a vapid story filled with empty dialogue and easy obstacles is a terrible story no one cares about.

The arbiter is a weak villain at the center point of a weak game. Arguing he's a weak villain on purpose doesn't redeem the story.
4s plot revolves around the Chiefs dedication to Cortana and his evolution as a human. The Didact doesn't fit into that other then as a catalyst for the events that surround that evolution.
I liked Halo 4 better. Admittedly 5 multiplayer was better in the end. But it took so long to get there. Here is what 4 had.
-Much better story
-Much better mission design(no reused bosses and had some actual nice set pieces)
-Split Screen
-Better UI
-No microtransactions
-Better armor customization
-Better maps at launch, they might not have been Halos best, but to this day over a year after launch the only Map name I remember in Halo 5 is Truth, the maps are just so uninspired, 4 had Exile and Haven
-Dominion, Ricochet and Regicide
-Forge at launch
-Custom Games offline
-Spartan Ops(not the best mode, but still there and offered free co op content over time)

I don't hate Halo 5. Actually love it in its current state. But nothing fixes it's bad UI and campaign along with how long it took the game to get into a state where I would even call it complete.
I noticed a lot of
Halo 5: multiplayer WIN
Halo 4: story WIN
i don't really remember Halo 4 lol
Halo 5 goes back to the roots of the Halo we love. Halo 4 felt like a Halo version of Call of Duty where you pick your loadout and I didn't find the multiplayer enjoyable.

I think 343 fine tuned the multiplayer of Halo in the 5th game and I've come to love the Halo 5 multiplayer like the past versions and would even take Halo 5 over Halo 3 multiplayer and earlier games. To give you some background on me, Halo 3 came out in my Jr year in high school and I'd play close to 8 hours a day on Halo 3 multiplayer. ALGLNP.
Halo 4 BR awesome, magnum trash
Halo 5 BR trash. I don’t even bother to pick it up, magnum awesome
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. ...
  6. 13