Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5 War zone Req Packs

OP General Majesty

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I feel like the REQ pack reward system is messed up. I have played many games of War zone firefight and, through research, found out that you can only get gold packs from comedations that you complete but not from defeating mythic bosses, even if I defeated them on my own. And once I complete all of the comedations and get the packs from those, do I only get a few silvers and bronze packs from leveling every few games and some games never get anything. If that happens then once I run down all my items in War zone then I won't have any good stuff for firefight or War zone against other players. I don't even use many of my good stuff in firefight because I know I won't get them back. I feel like it should be changed to have a good chance of getting gold packs through defeating bosses or at least having a chance per game for packs. Because soon enough I will only have a collection of mongooses and the 1 of each other vehicle and weapon items that I keep just to have them. At this point it seems like they are just trying to make extra money through a player buying packs just so they can play War zone properly.
Spoiler:
Show
12 players with infinite reqs will always beat 12 players with few or no reqs, regardless of skill.

Try Warzone Assault or Arena if you don't want to spend money (can't blame you)
Ehh, didn't you already make a thread like this? Link.

It wouldn't be a good business move if they made gold packs cheap. If you want better stuff, you'll have to save 10K REQ points in order to buy a gold pack or just grind bronze and silvers until you get everything done from them which you'll know when you start getting REQ points instead of an item. Silvers actually have some decent stuff in them so I would just buy them since they're only 5K.

If you wanna save stuff, you don't really need to use a vehicle in Heroic Firefight until round 4 or 5 and even then you could always be the crappy teammate and not use anything since someone else will likely spawn something or you can just get in a vehicle's gunner position if it's available. In Warzone, you don't really need anything either and you can pick up weapons from people you kill. It's boring, but it's a way to save or you can just avoid it and play Arena like BTB which has vehicles until you get a decent REQ collection.
BxxRAD wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
12 players with infinitereqs will always beat 12 players with few or no reqs, regardless of skill.

Not true at all!
Guarantee a stacked team like dominated would run with, would decimate 99% of teams with infinite reqs.
Want to know why?
because you have to build your req level up before you can use them.
velchron wrote:
BxxRAD wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
12 players with infinitereqs will always beat 12 players with few or no reqs, regardless of skill.

Not true at all!
Guarantee a stacked team like dominated would run with, would decimate 99% of teams with infinite reqs.
Want to know why?
because you have to build your req level up before you can use them.
That would have been the case before they made reqs automatically fill. But unless dominated cores very quickly (which won't happen against a decent team), the other teams read will automatically fill
I honestly agree with this post. The system is broken to be P2W and completly allow certain players to dominate using just money no skill. Example there is an energy sword that effectively makes you nearly impossible to see and of course its an instant kill even with better shielding. Also there are rocket launchers that can track players not even driving or in a vehicle. 343 needs to change it to allow everyone equal access to the game breaking items by true drop rates (such as killing a mythic is always a gold drop) or the multiplayer war zones will be P2W and ruin experinces of other players.
Warzone is not pay to win. I’ve already unlocked everything and still use my pistole in WZ. It’s down to player skill and how your team controls the map. Team placement on the map and if you’re calling our targets. How you manage opposing players with heavy weapons and vehicles.
Needless to say, having a special pack with more lasers, plasma pistole and rail guns would be nifty.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
If you wanna save stuff, you don't really need to use a vehicle in Heroic Firefight until round 4 or 5 and even then you could always be the crappy teammate and not use anything since someone else will likely spawn something or you can just get in a vehicle's gunner position if it's available.
LoL. I feel you just labeled me a crappy teammate since you pretty much described what I do in Heroic Firefight. Although, in my defense, I will use my REQ items in the later rounds if other teammates aren't deploying the mostly required vehicles.
Warzone is not pay to win. I’ve already unlocked everything and still use my pistole in WZ. It’s down to player skill and how your team controls the map. Team placement on the map and if you’re calling our targets. How you manage opposing players with heavy weapons and vehicles.
Needless to say, having a special pack with more lasers, plasma pistole and rail guns would be nifty.
So you can a pistol to defeat a scorpion. And even if you didn't just use a pistol and you didn't have something to combat the tank even moderately then you stand no chance. After you use everything it's unlikely you will get anything good back, such as a tank. Once you use anything to combat high level REQs and you are out you either have to spend hours playing War zone and get lucky or pay for the gold packs to make it quicker. It is a pay to win system that allows for people who pay more money to have a better time in the game. Even in firefight if you don't use your REQs then it's not as fun of a game as if you do use them.
not everyone has a mic and 80% of the time people aren't going to listen to you giving callouts. Tactics dont defeat money. Take the tank or bashee out and they pull out another 20 of them because they paid nothing about skill. True some may have just saved up but it would make more sense for constant gold or silver pack drops for everyone to be able to also have said weapons and vehicles. It'll be called "balanced".
So you can a pistol to defeat a scorpion. And even if you didn't just use a pistol and you didn't have something to combat the tank even moderately then you stand no chance. After you use everything it's unlikely you will get anything good back, such as a tank. Once you use anything to combat high level REQs and you are out you either have to spend hours playing War zone and get lucky or pay for the gold packs to make it quicker. It is a pay 2 win system that allows for people who pay more money to have a better time in the game. Even in firefight if you don't use your REQs then it's not as fun of a game as if you do use them.
Dude, I only need 4000req points for a gold pack cause I’ll get 6000req points back. I’ve got 560k req points I’ve yet to use and hundreds of daily log in packs along with daily victory. I only play a few games each day.
Green gun aka plasma pistole for your tank comment. Play smart, you don’t need power weapons in Warzone. You can out skill anyone. If you’re struggling and feel the need to use reqs, try ranked until your skill improves. Again, it’s not pay to win.
So you can a pistol to defeat a scorpion. And even if you didn't just use a pistol and you didn't have something to combat the tank even moderately then you stand no chance. After you use everything it's unlikely you will get anything good back, such as a tank. Once you use anything to combat high level REQs and you are out you either have to spend hours playing War zone and get lucky or pay for the gold packs to make it quicker. It is a pay 2 win system that allows for people who pay more money to have a better time in the game. Even in firefight if you don't use your REQs then it's not as fun of a game as if you do use them.
Dude, I only need 4000req points for a gold pack cause I’ll get 6000req points back. I’ve got 560k req points I’ve yet to use and hundreds of daily log in packs along with daily victory. I only play a few games each day.
Green gun aka plasma pistole for your tank comment. Play smart, you don’t need power weapons in Warzone. You can out skill anyone. If you’re struggling and feel the need to use reqs, try ranked until your skill improves. Again, it’s not pay to win.
Plasma pistol is a power weapon and comes from reqs.
not everyone has a mic and 80% of the time people aren't going to listen to you giving callouts. Tactics dont defeat money. Take the tank or bashee out and they pull out another 20 of them because they paid nothing about skill. True some may have just saved up but it would make more sense for constant gold or silver pack drops for everyone to be able to also have said weapons and vehicles. It'll be called "balanced".
I haven’t paid and have hundreds of each reqs. Cause again I use standard loadouts. I’ll pickup anyone I defeat reqs. After you unlock everything it takes little req points per pack. I’ve got over 500k req points and it takes 4000req points per gold cause it gives 6k back. If it’s a team issue, then try making friends.
I feel like the REQ pack reward system is messed up. I have played many games of War zone firefight and, through research, found out that you can only get gold packs from comedations that you complete but not from defeating mythic bosses, even if I defeated them on my own. And once I complete all of the comedations and get the packs from those, do I only get a few silvers and bronze packs from leveling every few games and some games never get anything. If that happens then once I run down all my items in War zone then I won't have any good stuff for firefight or War zone against other players. I don't even use many of my good stuff in firefight because I know I won't get them back. I feel like it should be changed to have a good chance of getting gold packs through defeating bosses or at least having a chance per game for packs. Because soon enough I will only have a collection of mongooses and the 1 of each other vehicle and weapon items that I keep just to have them. At this point it seems like they are just trying to make extra money through a player buying packs just so they can play War zone properly.
Sounds like you haven't understood what Req Points are yet.

When you play matches, your earn XP for your overall Spartan Rank, and you also earn Req Points - which can be used to 'buy' Req Packs from the in-game store (or on Waypoint).

Alternatively, if you don't want to spend time playing and earning RP, you can simply buy those Req Packs with real $$ (a point of contention and much discussion about pay to win).

The game wasn't designed to give you Req packs for defeating certain enemies individually or completing a one-off task. I know you mentioned there are commendation Req Packs, but they're not achieved very often.

****The bulk of the Req Packs and therefore Requisition Cards you obtain should be through ----- Playing the game to earn RP and spending that RP on Silver packs (and then later on Gold packs).****
Raid on apex 7, you can get them from the grunts. Pro tip, still no calling in. Side note for more help, there’s weapons with increase damage to vehicles.
I haven’t paid and have hundreds of each reqs. Cause again I use standard loadouts. I’ll pickup anyone I defeat reqs. After you unlock everything it takes little req points per pack. I’ve got over 500k req points and it takes 4000req points per gold cause it gives 6k back. If it’s a team issue, then try making friends.
sorry to burst your bubble, but although I have friends not many like halo especially halo 5. Because its P2W. Almost all my friends dislike specifically halo 5 but enjoyed all the others.
sorry to burst your bubble, but although I have friends not many like halo especially halo 5. Because its P2W. Almost all my friends dislike specifically halo 5 but enjoyed all the others.
You keep saying it’s pay to win, but it’s not. Your level is low and your csr is non existent. At best you were lv21 in H4. Your skill is not there and anyone who beats you clearly pays to win. Seriously, just get better. You don’t need power weapons.
Raid on apex 7, you can get them from the grunts. Pro tip, still no calling in. Side note for more help, there’s weapons with increase damage to vehicles.
actually DMRs Battlerifles ect with said attachments are not unlocked immediatly it requires guess what...REQs. Most weapons will dissapear after dropping fairly quickly from my experience and there is no way you'll hold a dropped weapon forever till tanks are out. You'll die by then or run out of it's ammo.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Ehh, didn't you already make a thread like this? Link.

It wouldn't be a good business move if they made gold packs cheap. If you want better stuff, you'll have to save 10K REQ points in order to buy a gold pack or just grind bronze and silvers until you get everything done from them which you'll know when you start getting REQ points instead of an item. Silvers actually have some decent stuff in them so I would just buy them since they're only 5K.

If you wanna save stuff, you don't really need to use a vehicle in Heroic Firefight until round 4 or 5 and even then you could always be the crappy teammate and not use anything since someone else will likely spawn something or you can just get in a vehicle's gunner position if it's available. In Warzone, you don't really need anything either and you can pick up weapons from people you kill. It's boring, but it's a way to save or you can just avoid it and play Arena like BTB which has vehicles until you get a decent REQ collection.
Also to add to this, Scout Warthogs are very useful in Round One of Heroic Warzone Firefight if you do not have to kill Hunters and it is better to keep them from REQ Packs than selling them for 50 RP. You will get more bang for your RP out of them this way. Just make sure to watch out for other teammates should you decide to utilize them this way. They're cheap as a Level 1 REQ, they're easy to get from REQ Packs (I often get them from Daily REQ Packs), and they can take a bit of a beating in round one, save Hunter Fuel Rod Cannon Shots and the rare Soldier Splinter Grenade (They Seldomly throw them in round one, but it does happen on occasion).
it would make more sense for constant gold or silver pack drops for everyone to be able to also have said weapons and vehicles. It'll be called "balanced".
Lol at balanced. Warzone was never meant to be balanced outside of the skill matching which isn't even that great. Why would they constantly give people REQ packs? Do you think 343 isn't a business? If you want REQ's, you gotta grind the game or buy them. It's not fair for everyone, but no one is forcing you to play Warzone.
eLantern wrote:
I feel you just labeled me a crappy teammate since you pretty much described what I do in Heroic Firefight. Although, in my defense, I will use my REQ items in the later rounds if other teammates aren't deploying the mostly required vehicles.
Sorry, I stand by my comment, but at least you'll use REQ's in the later rounds if needed unlike some people.
And even if you didn't just use a pistol and you didn't have something to combat the tank even moderately then you stand no chance. After you use everything it's unlikely you will get anything good back, such as a tank. Once you use anything to combat high level REQs and you are out you either have to spend hours playing War zone
No, you just need to play smart to not be seen and then board the tank to either melee it or plant a grenade on it. No REQ's needed. REQ's are random so that statement of not getting anything good back is very unlikely to be true. Get the vehicle certs and your chances to get them will go up. You don't need to play Warzone and I wouldn't recommend it unless you're fine with not using a lot of REQ's until you get a decent collection.
That's news to me. The base pistol is level 2 and available in bronze packs so it doesn't take a lot of REQ points to potentially get one.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2