[Locked] Halo 5 will be at 100 GB soon

OP pfArthur

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
stckrboy wrote:
They also include maps and new Forge objects...
^ yup, ton of assets for Forge are dropping in these updates like sound FX, weather, terrain. The last update also, I believe, sneakily included the beta version of Firefight so that everyone is all ready to go on Thursday (don't quote me on that)
I hear ya. I suspect that's why its so big.

All of the actual stuff could easily occupy 4GB. That other half is something big - most likely WF.
I have no idea how Halo 5 takes up so much space. I have plenty of games on my hard drive with way more in game content but take up drastically less space. It honestly doesn't add up since this game has more asset reusing than any game I've ever seen.
Imagine the poor person who just bought the game... omg...
The new audio, sounds, fixes, bug fixes, etc takes up more space than you think. Along with new maps that they keep making better than the old ones so the old ones look plain
They are ridiculously large for the amount they put into the game.
I don't see the problem. External's are much more affordable than getting the 1TB console. Once it's hooked up, you never have to worry about it. Grab at least 2TB drive and you'll be fine for awhile.
I think it has a lot to do with heavy coding. Since this game is being coded from scratch, all the DLC is too. Its just a heavily coded game, which makes the data larger, which turns into big storage requirements for the game. No big deal for me, I bought a 3TB external hard drive well over a year ago so I'd never have to worry about this sorta thing.
You don't know what you're talking about, right? The code is probably the smallest size of a game.

And all the people people with those silly suggestions like "just get an external hdd" don't even get the point in here. The question wasn't about a workaround for this problem, but the reason for this. A few simple questions so that even those people understand the problem: Halo 5 nearly needs 100GB. The question is why? Even games with more content or more detailed textures (e.g. on pc) don't need that amount of space.There is actually NO game on any platform that needs so much space.

And why are the updates so big? Either 343 is incompetent to build incremental updates or the update system of the Xbox One isn't capable of something like this, so that big parts of the game (which don't need a patch/are affected) must be replaced instead of just the affected parts.
100GB is ridiculous for that game.
Yea remember how much the MCC took
I think it has a lot to do with heavy coding. Since this game is being coded from scratch, all the DLC is too. Its just a heavily coded game, which makes the data larger, which turns into big storage requirements for the game. No big deal for me, I bought a 3TB external hard drive well over a year ago so I'd never have to worry about this sorta thing.
You don't know what you're talking about, right? The code is probably the smallest size of a game.

And all the people people with those silly suggestions like "just get an external hdd" don't even get the point in here. The question wasn't about a workaround for this problem, but the reason for this. A few simple questions so that even those people understand the problem: Halo 5 nearly needs 100GB. The question is why? Even games with more content or more detailed textures (e.g. on pc) don't need that amount of space.There is actually NO game on any platform that needs so much space.

And why are the updates so big? Either 343 is incompetent to build incremental updates or the update system of the Xbox One isn't capable of something like this, so that big parts of the game (which don't need a patch/are affected) must be replaced instead of just the affected parts.
100GB is ridiculous for that game.
Agreed. There should not be a need for individual updates with sizes comparable to brand new, full size Xbox 360 games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3