Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo 5 wins award for buggiest game of the year!

OP WAR ROCK WMD

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 10
This has got to be the buggiest game EVER! No other game for xbox one is this buggy.

Here are just a few bugs that 343 allowed to be in the game:

-Game crashes frequently, explains why players drop out prior and mid-game
Game has only crashed on me ONE time since launch.
-If someone invites another player while matching, they can join shortly before game starts and it will display the player as if they will be in game. BUT if a player joins too late in the matchmaking process, yes their gamertag will appear but they will not be included in the game.
Learn to invite people before you start searching then.
-Infinite searching, game just infinitely searches for players and never finds anyone. Internet is perfectly fine since other games are working.
Has literally never happened to me.
-Unfair bans due to poor internet connectivity, my friends get banned for having poor internet. Why cant 343 make it so you can rejoin a game??
Get better internet and stop using WiFi. I know it sucks but your crappy internet is ruining everyone else game play experience as well.
-Big issues with ranking, ie: a set of unranked players get matched with all diamonds and onyx's. And loads of other issues with ranking that's just too much to list.
There is a hidden skill rank system that is running in the background that the game uses to match you against other players even if your not ranked yet in the play list.
-And lets not forget about the brilliant idea of resetting ranks! Not sure what 343 was thinking here but resetting ranks is an idiotic idea of which NO OTHER GAME HAS EVER DONE.
This isn't a bug.
-One other stupid issue is that users can get into parties and exclude solo players from their chat. The old halo used to prevent users from using a party system in game forcing them to interact with solo players.
Then don't exclude them.
-Users are not punished harshly enough for quitting mid game. If I solo queue and play 10 games, 5 of those games will have people quitting costing us the game. Other games like Counter Strike will instantly ban a player for 30min if they do not complete a full game. I noticed that if users quit 3-4 times in a row, only then they get a ban.
OK I agree with you here. The ban hammer could hit a little bit harder but if its to strong it would run off a lot of players who have no patience for this kind of thing.There are so many more issues with this buggy game that I cant list all. But 343 get your s_hit together and take a thing or two from bungie and learn to develop a less buggy game and dont make idiotic decisions like resetting ranks. Microsoft should rip this game away from you guys, like yesterday.
Most of the issues you listed are not bugs but instead are your own personal annoyances with the game.
Meh I dont agree. people just find something to hate about and post it

Most of the issues you listed are not bugs but instead are your own personal annoyances with the game.
Pretty much this. Op is nitpicking purposely put in designs that actually aren't bugs.
This has got to be the buggiest game EVER! No other game for xbox one is this buggy.

Game has only crashed on me ONE time since launch.
-If someone invites another player while matching, they can join shortly before game starts and it will display the player as if they will be in game. BUT if a player joins too late in the matchmaking process, yes their gamertag will appear but they will not be included in the game.
Learn to invite people before you start searching then.
-Infinite searching, game just infinitely searches for players and never finds anyone. Internet is perfectly fine since other games are working.
Has literally never happened to me.
-Unfair bans due to poor internet connectivity, my friends get banned for having poor internet. Why cant 343 make it so you can rejoin a game??
Get better internet and stop using WiFi. I know it sucks but your crappy internet is ruining everyone else game play experience as well.
-Big issues with ranking, ie: a set of unranked players get matched with all diamonds and onyx's. And loads of other issues with ranking that's just too much to list.
There is a hidden skill rank system that is running in the background that the game uses to match you against other players even if your not ranked yet in the play list.
-And lets not forget about the brilliant idea of resetting ranks! Not sure what 343 was thinking here but resetting ranks is an idiotic idea of which NO OTHER GAME HAS EVER DONE.
This isn't a bug.
-One other stupid issue is that users can get into parties and exclude solo players from their chat. The old halo used to prevent users from using a party system in game forcing them to interact with solo players.
Then don't exclude them.
-Users are not punished harshly enough for quitting mid game. If I solo queue and play 10 games, 5 of those games will have people quitting costing us the game. Other games like Counter Strike will instantly ban a player for 30min if they do not complete a full game. I noticed that if users quit 3-4 times in a row, only then they get a ban.
OK I agree with you here. The ban hammer could hit a little bit harder but if its to strong it would run off a lot of players who have no patience for this kind of thing.There are so many more issues with this buggy game that I cant list all. But 343 get your s_hit together and take a thing or two from bungie and learn to develop a less buggy game and dont make idiotic decisions like resetting ranks. Microsoft should rip this game away from you guys, like yesterday.
Guy complaints about the game crashing and yet only have 6 DNF in his last 200 games. This is not a problem imo even if those 6 would be "legit connection lost". But yeah ^^^^^War Viper gets it. OP is just complaining for complaining. He has not replied for a while as well

There are so many more issues with this buggy game that I cant list all. But 343 get your s_hit together and take a thing or two from bungie and learn to develop a less buggy game and dont make idiotic decisions like resetting ranks. Microsoft should rip this game away from you guys, like yesterday.
I've never experienced any of these things, I play a few hours a day too. Never had my level reset, I find games pretty fast (under a minute) and people hardly drop out of my games (I would say maybe 1 out of 5?)
Xbox live has been having a lot of issues. That is most of the problem. Before Christmas and the holidays, H5 was running very well.
Project Cars gets most buggy game of 2015. Halo 5 actually runs extremely well when live is not acting up. I have had very few problems at all with H5 other than live issues.
I figured the issues I was having in match,asking was due to Xbox live, NOT halo. So this makes plenty of sense.
Nothing to see here just a angry 12 year old
Ive haven't had even half those problems black ops 3 though has a ton of bugs
Two questions:

1. Which is it, bans for leaving games are too strict, or not harsh enough? These go hand-in-hand. If only manually quitting through the menus got you a ban, it'd be pretty easy to work around that system and quit in a way that looks a lot like a connectivity issue.

2. The idea of having you be able to rejoin a game you got booted from has come up in the forums before. I kinda like the intention of it, but as far as the actual execution, how long do you want your team to be down a player while the matchmaking system waits to see if the dropped player rejoins before replacing them?
Ive haven't had even half those problems black ops 3 though has a ton of bugs
Sounds like your more butthurt there buddy, most of those aren't even bugs..........

There are so many more issues with this buggy game that I cant list all. But 343 get your s_hit together and take a thing or two from bungie and learn to develop a less buggy game and dont make idiotic decisions like resetting ranks. Microsoft should rip this game away from you guys, like yesterday.
"No other game for xbox one is this buggy."

*Looks at Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5*

Your argument is invalid
Sorry but thats not true. Other games have way more bugs.
Pretty much everything you've listed does not qualify for the definition of 'bugged.' MCC was bugged. Disagreeing with the policies regarding bans, as well as rank resets in Halo 5 is an opinion, not a bug
Well I didnt to mention that my rank has randomly reset several times in the past before they decided to insult us players and reset the ranks intentionally.... SO ya that was a bug. If you disagree with the policies then you're probably new to halo and gaming in general, b/c no logical serious player would be ok with 343's idiotic policies. No offence. Overall, this is a disappointing game for us original halo fans. I've been playing since halo 1, on xbox connect and laning etc. So 343 really dropped the ball on this one.
Please don't act like you speak for all Halo veterans. Also practically nothing on this list is a bug.
As you can see OP never replies because he is a troll. Can we get a lock please?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Gudgie117 wrote:
Record your game crashing next time, double hit the guide button and press X. I want to see evidence.....cos sincerely Halo 5 is the most amazingly optimised and least buggy game ever.
I never thought this was a legit gripe until tonight. My friend and I play hardcore, and are obsessed with proper connectivity. We both run a wired connection, do a full restart, and check network connectivity and settings and status before every gaming session together.

tonight was the first time my friends was dropped, mid-game, for absolutely no reason.

even the night before, a few others I play with casually were getting kicked occasionally. I can't speak to their network status. I know they play wireless and aren't as diligent as me and my friend.

so yea, something is amiss. I am seeing a lot of buggy matchmaking lately.
I play wireless and can only recall dropping one game possibly 2 in 300+ games. Not bad at all. Your bound to drop a game here and there regardless of connection. Could be on your end or server-side but this game is far from buggy in my experience. Actually it's the best running most reliable fps I've ever played.
Buggiest game of the year? C'mon that's how you know op doesn't game or is a troll. If you said most reliable or most optimised or most balanced game then I'd totally agree.
Asavage853 wrote:
Buggiest game of the year? C'mon that's how you know op doesn't game or is a troll. If you said most reliable or most optimised or most balanced game then I'd totally agree.
Not a troll, but rather someone who forgot a big Bethesda game came out this year. I saw someone consistently crash that game every time he so much moved, touched something, or basically push a button. So basically I get that annoying bug in the armory where the lighting will either mess up, or the spartan disappears, but NEVERMIND a serious set of game breaking issues in other games (Bethesda).
Layeo wrote:
You clearly have never played Project Cars
lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 10