Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi everyone,
I wondered if anyone knows when these next H5 events will happen:
- GLOBAL 2XP
- XP Boosts Packs (buyable with REQ Points)
There is a lot of love for MCC but not much for H5... And since 152 is A TON of work to get, I wish they could do something like Global 2XP week-ends and add every Pack to the Store..
I hope double xp never returns. I'm currently halfway through 150 and I've never played in a double xp event. It's a long grind but it's not meant for everyone
Raptor SII wrote:
Hi everyone,
I wondered if anyone knows when these next H5 events will happen:
- GLOBAL 2XP- XP BoostsPacks (buyable with REQ Points)
There is a lot of love for MCC but not much for H5... And since 152 is A TON of work to get, I wish they could do something like Global 2XP week-ends and add every Pack to the Store..
They haven't shown us any sort of schedule for this, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They really seem to be fully focused on MCC at the moment and Halo 5 is getting very little support outside of playlist rotations.

Hopefully we get another event like they had for last October-December, but it would be best to not expect anything so you can't be disappointed.
I hope double xp never returns. I'm currently halfway through 150 and I've never played in a double xp event. It's a long grind but it's not meant for everyone
I hope it does because the population is going to dry up sooner rather than later for Halo 5. They will need to do something to keep matches filled. Even in the crazy popular Mythic WZ FF with expanded matchmaking I occasionally get long waits.

Really, 152 is so high that double XP would only help people who are already working towards the goal at this point. If they turned on double XP for the rest of the year I would still wager that we end up with fewer than 5,000 level 152 accounts by November. It's not really a brag that you "haven't played in any double XP events", it just means you have been inefficient.
Mongerty wrote:
I hope it does because the population is going to dry up sooner rather than later for Halo 5. They will need to do something to keep matches filled. Even in the crazy popular Mythic WZ FF with expanded matchmaking I occasionally get long waits.

Really, 152 is so high that double XP would only help people who are already working towards the goal at this point. If they turned on double XP for the rest of the year I would still wager that we end up with fewer than 5,000 level 152 accounts by November. It's not really a brag that you "haven't played in any double XP events", it just means you have been inefficient.
I'm really not trying to brag dude. I was 146 at the beginning of February and half way through 150 now. To say I have been inefficient is ridiculous. The game has been out for 5 years we've all had plenty of time, myself included. How fair would it be to implement global double xp when the majority of people who are 152 got there without it.

And I'm not sure why your wait times have been long. I'm finding MWFZZ matches relatively quickly.
Mongerty wrote:

I'm really not trying to brag dude. I was 146 at the beginning of February and half way through 150 now. To say I have been inefficient is ridiculous. The game has been out for 5 years we've all had plenty of time, myself included. How fair would it be to implement global double xp when the majority of people who are 152 got there without it.

And I'm not sure why your wait times have been long. I'm finding MWFZZ matches relatively quickly.

It obviously would have been more efficient had you utilized the double XP events that we have had is my point. I got to 148 and probably played during some double XP events without even knowing, and my jump from 149 to (almost)151 was also during standard XP grind so it isn't like I am trying to help myself out, I'll get there without them too.

I'm not saying H5 needs permanent double XP, that example was an exaggeration. However, to say that you hope they don't do any more double XP events is equally as ridiculous. They have happened multiple times over the life of the game, and it would be nice to know if they plan on having any more. Players want it, and I think it would be helpful to keeping a good population which is more important than keeping 152 as an exclusive club.
Mongerty wrote:
Mongerty wrote:

It obviously would have been more efficient had you utilized the double XP events that we have had is my point. I got to 148 and probably played during some double XP events without even knowing, and my jump from 149 to (almost)151 was also during standard XP grind so it isn't like I am trying to help myself out, I'll get there without them too.

I'm not saying H5 needs permanent double XP, that example was an exaggeration. However, to say that you hope they don't do any more double XP events is equally as ridiculous. They have happened multiple times over the life of the game, and it would be nice to know if they plan on having any more. Players want it, and I think it would be helpful to keeping a good population which is more important than keeping 152 as an exclusive club.
My point is it's never been easier to earn xp in this game. Considering you have almost double the amount of time spent on this game and were practically at the same level should show you how easy it has become. 152 should be an exclusive club for those willing to grind it out. It shouldn't be handed out as a "participation trophy" for those who want to play less.
Mongerty wrote:
Mongerty wrote:

My point is it's never been easier to earn xp in this game. Considering you have almost double the amount of time spent on this game and were practically at the same level should show you how easy it has become. 152 should be an exclusive club for those willing to grind it out. It shouldn't be handed out as a "participation trophy" for those who want to play less.
Even with universal double XP, the 50,000,000 needed to get 152 is far from a "participation trophy" effort.

Maybe doubling the XP for the firefight modes would be a bit much, but one of the reasons I have so much more time in this game than you and we are at the same level is because the arena XP rewards have always been atrocious, and that is mostly what I played for the first 3 years of the game.
If they want to keep arena playlists populated, at the very least they should have double XP.

I don't want this to become negative, and I am sorry if I came off as confrontational. I definitely "get" wanting to keep 152 as something that not just anyone can get, I just don't think a month of double XP before the launch of Halo Infinite is going to suddenly triple the amount of players hitting that goal or anything.
Mongerty wrote:
Mongerty wrote:
Mongerty wrote:

Even with universal double XP, the 50,000,000 needed to get 152 is far from a "participation trophy" effort.

Maybe doubling the XP for the firefight modes would be a bit much, but one of the reasons I have so much more time in this game than you and we are at the same level is because the arena XP rewards have always been atrocious, and that is mostly what I played for the first 3 years of the game.
If they want to keep arena playlists populated, at the very least they should have double XP.

I don't want this to become negative, and I am sorry if I came off as confrontational. I definitely "get" wanting to keep 152 as something that not just anyone can get, I just don't think a month of double XP before the launch of Halo Infinite is going to suddenly triple the amount of players hitting that goal or anything.
Oh dude I completely agree with you on this. I think the xp payouts between arena and warzone are ridiculous. The fact that I see people who are level 151 with 90 days played in arena only is crazy. That said I don't think double xp is the answer.
It would be nice to have, but I don't think we will be getting much more in the way of Halo 5 events.
I don't know when we will see the next double xp event or the next time that the WZ Leg. Boost packs will become available in the req store.

However, the main key for reaching the final rank is instead playtime and and efficient use of the time.
I dont really care about double xp I mean yeah it helps but I would rather have the xp req packs to come out every three months or so I mean that wouldn't discredit the people who already made it to 152 as people would need to save up a bunch of req points for it or they could just spend their req points on something else (Before you can say they can buy it with real money most of people I know are already doing that through a link on the Microsoft store so that's not really valid unless in specific circumstances)
If you want to make it harder for yourself that's your choice mate, but 2XP gives people a reason to play the game more, just like with H3 2XP Weekends.
At least let us use our REQ points for XP Packs
Raptor SII wrote:
If you want to make it harder for yourself that's your choice mate, but 2XP gives people a reason to play the game more, just like with H3 2XP Weekends.
Let's take it a step further. How about 4XP weekends? Surely more people would be enticed to play then. Maybe 8XP weekends would be better though, right? That way, everyone can get to 152 and feel included :)
Raptor SII wrote:
Let's take it a step further. How about 4XP weekends? Surely more people would be enticed to play then. Maybe 8XP weekends would be better though, right? That way, everyone can get to 152 and feel included :)
Anything more useful to add ?
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Good luck reaching 152 man I really hope you do get it. Just keep grinding like the rest of us have
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Good luck reaching 152 man I really hope you do get it. Just keep grinding like the rest of us have
Thanks, I'm gonna keep grinding more efficiently than you
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
You better
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
How do you know that he doesn't use a more effective method than you?
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
How do you know that he doesn't use a more effective method than you?
Because he doesn't take advantage of featured playlists/2XP for some reason which makes his XP/Time not as effective as someone who plays these playlists, and thus gets more XP in the same time or even quicker.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2