1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
I hope double xp never returns. I'm currently halfway through 150 and I've never played in a double xp event. It's a long grind but it's not meant for everyone
If you want to make it harder for yourself that's your choice mate, but 2XP gives people a reason to play the game more, just like with H3 2XP Weekends.
At least let us use our REQ points for XP Packs
Let's take it a step further. How about 4XP weekends? Surely more people would be enticed to play then. Maybe 8XP weekends would be better though, right? That way, everyone can get to 152 and feel included :)
Anything more useful to add ?
Good luck reaching 152 man I really hope you do get it. Just keep grinding like the rest of us have
Thanks, I'm gonna keep grinding more efficiently than you
How do you know that he doesn't use a more effective method than you?
Because he doesn't take advantage of featured playlists/2XP for some reason which makes his XP/Time not as effective as someone who plays these playlists, and thus gets more XP in the same time or even quicker.
Unfortunately, my knowledge about the overall xp payouts is quite limited with the exception of Warzone Firefight.

I did quite recently write an extensive post about how to maximize the amount of xp given from boosts. In addition to that, I do also have extensive knowledge about the xp payout structure and how much xp you are expected to receive in average from full games.

Here is the referred post about the payouts from Warzone XP boosts and how to maximize the xp payout from the Warzone boosts in Mythic Warzone Firefight.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/so-how-s-everyone-s-152-grind-going/ddd436ea-1748-435a-9a9b-60b9e214fb8f/posts?page=21#post410
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
I hope double xp never returns. I'm currently halfway through 150 and I've never played in a double xp event. It's a long grind but it's not meant for everyone
If you want to make it harder for yourself that's your choice mate, but 2XP gives people a reason to play the game more, just like with H3 2XP Weekends.
Let's take it a step further. How about 4XP weekends? Surely more people would be enticed to play then. Maybe 8XP weekends would be better though, right? That way, everyone can get to 152 and feel included :)
Good luck reaching 152 man I really hope you do get it. Just keep grinding like the rest of us have
Because he doesn't take advantage of featured playlists/2XP for some reason which makes his XP/Time not as effective as someone who plays these playlists, and thus gets more XP in the same time or even quicker.
Unfortunately, my knowledge about the overall xp payouts is quite limited with the exception of Warzone Firefight.

I did quite recently write an extensive post about how to maximize the amount of xp given from boosts. In addition to that, I do also have extensive knowledge about the xp payout structure and how much xp you are expected to receive in average from full games.

Here is the referred post about the payouts from Warzone XP boosts and how to maximize the xp payout from the Warzone boosts in Mythic Warzone Firefight.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/so-how-s-everyone-s-152-grind-going/ddd436ea-1748-435a-9a9b-60b9e214fb8f/posts?page=21#post410
Actually saw that already, crazy work ! Thanks
Mongerty wrote:
Mongerty wrote:
Mongerty wrote:
I hope it does because the population is going to dry up sooner rather than later for Halo 5. They will need to do something to keep matches filled. Even in the crazy popular Mythic WZ FF with expanded matchmaking I occasionally get long waits.

Really, 152 is so high that double XP would only help people who are already working towards the goal at this point. If they turned on double XP for the rest of the year I would still wager that we end up with fewer than 5,000 level 152 accounts by November. It's not really a brag that you "haven't played in any double XP events", it just means you have been inefficient.
I'm really not trying to brag dude. I was 146 at the beginning of February and half way through 150 now. To say I have been inefficient is ridiculous. The game has been out for 5 years we've all had plenty of time, myself included. How fair would it be to implement global double xp when the majority of people who are 152 got there without it.

And I'm not sure why your wait times have been long. I'm finding MWFZZ matches relatively quickly.
It obviously would have been more efficient had you utilized the double XP events that we have had is my point. I got to 148 and probably played during some double XP events without even knowing, and my jump from 149 to (almost)151 was also during standard XP grind so it isn't like I am trying to help myself out, I'll get there without them too.

I'm not saying H5 needs permanent double XP, that example was an exaggeration. However, to say that you hope they don't do any more double XP events is equally as ridiculous. They have happened multiple times over the life of the game, and it would be nice to know if they plan on having any more. Players want it, and I think it would be helpful to keeping a good population which is more important than keeping 152 as an exclusive club.
My point is it's never been easier to earn xp in this game. Considering you have almost double the amount of time spent on this game and were practically at the same level should show you how easy it has become. 152 should be an exclusive club for those willing to grind it out. It shouldn't be handed out as a "participation trophy" for those who want to play less.
Even with universal double XP, the 50,000,000 needed to get 152 is far from a "participation trophy" effort.

Maybe doubling the XP for the firefight modes would be a bit much, but one of the reasons I have so much more time in this game than you and we are at the same level is because the arena XP rewards have always been atrocious, and that is mostly what I played for the first 3 years of the game.
If they want to keep arena playlists populated, at the very least they should have double XP.

I don't want this to become negative, and I am sorry if I came off as confrontational. I definitely "get" wanting to keep 152 as something that not just anyone can get, I just don't think a month of double XP before the launch of Halo Infinite is going to suddenly triple the amount of players hitting that goal or anything.
Oh dude I completely agree with you on this. I think the xp payouts between arena and warzone are ridiculous. The fact that I see people who are level 151 with 90 days played in arena only is crazy. That said I don't think double xp is the answer.
I would like the xp boost packs for Arena to return for this reason at least, preferably at a lower price as well for the lower level players.
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
You have 17 days played and you’re 147. I have 19 days played and I’m halfway through 150. How have you been more efficient!?!?
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
You have 17 days played and you’re 146. I have 19 days played and I’m 150. How have you been more efficient!?!?
If we calculate the average amount of xp collected per minute played for myself, you and Raptor. Then, we can at least get a basic picture about time efficiency.

Here are the average amount of XP collected per minute played for these 3 users.
Based on this measurement, the clear winner is Tyrone followed by myself. However, there exist few issues with this measurement like that it shows an average of the total which may not be representative to the current xp payout rates for the respective users.
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
You have 17 days played and you’re 146. I have 19 days played and I’m 150. How have you been more efficient!?!?
If we calculate the average amount of xp collected per minute played for myself, you and Raptor. Then, we can at least get a basic picture about time efficiency.

Here are the average amount of XP collected per minute played for these 3 users.
Based on this measurement, the clear winner is Tyrone followed by myself. However, there exist few issues with this measurement like that it shows an average of the total which may not be representative to the current xp payout rates for the respective users.
Oh damn that's a good chart. Really shows how efficient me and you have been

And you're almost 151! the final stretch....
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:

Oh damn that's a good chart. Really shows how efficient me and you have been

And you're almost 151! the final stretch....
Something which may be interesting is that the difference for me between the past and the present is substantial. As it can be seen, the total average is 744 xp/min while the present average is around 1100 xp/min which is nearly a 50% increase. The main contributing factors to this is that Mythic Warzone Firefight is currently a permanent playlist, more effective usage of boosts and overall time spend by dedicating less time in less time efficient playlists.
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:

Unfortunately looking at the total lifetime XP gained has quite a few flaws. The only real way to measure current XP gain would be to have a snapshot of, say , two weeks and calculate using a before and after.

For example, using the Waypoint method, with my 35 days in multiplayer, I come out to approximately 670 XP per minute. However, if you look at my last two weeks (which I track on an Excel, don't judge!), I am looking at approximately 1,670 per minute. Obviously, the previous number includes launch, and a time when I had no boosts going, or was focused on RP boosts instead of XP to fill out my unlockable reqs. So many variables to consider.

Really, there is no need to split hairs on it though. The most efficient way to get XP is Mythic WZ FF, and a universal double XP event still would leave Mythic WZ FF as the most efficient method unless for some crazy reason they double the Heroic FF payouts and not the Mythic (at which point it may still be close).

Your method is a very interesting way to look at it though. Thanks for giving me the idea to jump further into my own stats! It is all fascinating stuff.
Mongerty wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:

Unfortunately looking at the total lifetime XP gained has quite a few flaws. The only real way to measure current XP gain would be to have a snapshot of, say , two weeks and calculate using a before and after.

For example, using the Waypoint method, with my 35 days in multiplayer, I come out to approximately 670 XP per minute. However, if you look at my last two weeks (which I track on an Excel, don't judge!), I am looking at approximately 1,670 per minute. Obviously, the previous number includes launch, and a time when I had no boosts going, or was focused on RP boosts instead of XP to fill out my unlockable reqs. So many variables to consider.

Really, there is no need to split hairs on it though. The most efficient way to get XP is Mythic WZ FF, and a universal double XP event still would leave Mythic WZ FF as the most efficient method unless for some crazy reason they double the Heroic FF payouts and not the Mythic (at which point it may still be close).
So even when double xp events happen they don't affect MWZFF? Are they treating it as a featured playlist still?
Mongerty wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:

So even when double xp events happen they don't affect MWZFF? Are they treating it as a featured playlist still?
I honestly couldn't tell you. I was under the impression the current MWZFF rewards are the new baseline for that game mode, but I could be mistaken. I didn't play Mythic during the last double XP event, but I am sure someone else can chime in.

I was just trying to come up with the least favorable scenario for Mythic, since it is so far ahead of every other playlist as far as XP gains.
Mongerty wrote:
Mongerty wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:

I honestly couldn't tell you. I was under the impression the current MWZFF rewards are the new baseline for that game mode, but I could be mistaken. I didn't play Mythic during the last double XP event, but I am sure someone else can chime in.

I was just trying to come up with the least favorable scenario for Mythic, since it is so far ahead of every other playlist as far as XP gains.
It should have always been the same between the modes. Either increase the xp earned in arena, or decrease the xp in MWZFF
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
You have 17 days played and you’re 147. I have 19 days played and I’m halfway through 150. How have you been more efficient!?!?
Because I started caring about XP 1 month ago when I was at a very low rank, I use to sell XP Boosts because I didn't care, only played Arena and Custom games so I wasn't efficient at all. Now I get 200k xp per day on average.

Which brings us back to the first point: You're using featured playlists. So you were lying about not using them to gain XP faster, that's why I said you were not efficient.
So why would it be bad to have global 2XP on the weekend instead of only random featured playlists ?
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Because I started caring about XP 1 month ago when I was at a very low rank, I use to sell XP Boosts because I didn't care, only played Arena and Custom games so I wasn't efficient at all. Now I get 200k xp per day on average.

Which brings us back to the first point: You're using featured playlists. So you were lying about not using them to gain XP faster, that's why I said you were not efficient.
So why would it be bad to have global 2XP on the weekend instead of only random featured playlists ?
I'm really only playing MWZFF. Which is the fastest way to earn xp. I don't usually play anything else
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:

I'm really only playing MWZFF. Which is the fastest way to earn xp. I don't usually play anything else
That is a lie since you also played Rock'N Rail in your matches history. But that wasn't the topic anyway. Good luck on the grind !
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:

That is a lie since you also played Rock'N Rail in your matches history. But that wasn't the topic anyway. Good luck on the grind !
Like 6 or 8 matches, but okay
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:
Raptor SII wrote:

I never thought of breaking down xp per minute like that. Checking myself I am also resting on the low end with around 520xp/minute. I can only imagine how low it was before I returned to nonstop WZFF grind, I used to play so much Breakout and objectives for fun back in the day and those can average as low as 200xp/minute. Wish the divide wasn't so stark, but it is what it is I guess.

There's a lot of debate over efficiency in this thread but considering H5's xp has so little skill or real incentive to achieve that efficiency it all seems arbitrary to me, its not like anyone works towards that efficiency besides playing FF instead of literally anything else, the boost system is randomized so xp boosts seem more like a luck factor than anything especially when they removed the legendary xp packs. I wish the game had challenges and allowed capmaign and match skills to make a larger difference (or any difference at all) compared to what it is in H5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2