I personally believe that the halo 5 game-play is better than all the other halo games.
Call me a heretic if you want. but I am just more of a fan of the fast paced movement style.

what do you guys think of the movement style in the halo games?
and keeping that in mind, what is the best way for 343 to move forward looking at the new Halo Infinite game-play?
I enjoy the Halo 5 multiplayer. The issue people generally have with it begins with the campaign. Different people then will nitpick different things, but all things considered, the multiplayer is generally well-received and is why you can still find games so many years after release.
Matthew774 wrote:
I personally believe that the halo 5 game-play is better than all the other halo games.
Call me a heretic if you want. but I am just more of a fan of the fast paced movement style.

and keeping that in mind, what is the best way for 343 to move forward looking at the new Halo Infinite game-play?
I think Halo Infinite will play more like the Mythic Arena playlist have you tried that out yet in halo 5?
yeah I like halo 5 Game-play but not as much as Halo 3 game-play
Rossflex wrote:
Matthew774 wrote:

I think Halo Infinite will play more like the Mythic Arena playlist have you tried that out yet in halo 5?
Like HiddenXperia said. The beta for infinite is that playlist.
^ I doubt it.

The problem with H5's movement is that Halo doesn't have a fast time to kill so it makes escaping gunfights easier which slows down gameplay, gives weapons greater aim assist mechanics, a lot of the abilities are shallow and gimmicky, and it creates issues with map design. From a player perspective, it can make the game feel too sweaty and it has a higher entrance curve which could be a turn off with a casual player. The positives would be you get to feel faster, you can chain link abilities to get around the map faster and to higher places which can also be a negative, and you can feel like a Spartan I guess.
Halo 5 has bad sides. But honestly, the gameplay is amazing. Movement and weapons feels amazing. (except some unbalanced weapons). Ranked is -Yoink-. But other than that imo one of the better Halo's.
Rossflex wrote:
Matthew774 wrote:

H3 throwback works well enough on guardians sandbox
H5 works as intended as it's designed this Advanced movement system
Odst settings and mode was also excellent
Community made 'evolved settings' were good whereas
Myhtic is meh, kind of classic but not, I'm actually worried for infinite if the mythic settings is the road they go down
Rossflex wrote:
Matthew774 wrote:

Myhtic is meh, kind of classic but not, I'm actually worried for infinite if the mythic settings is the road they go down
Halo 3 throwback was supposed to be the featured ranked mode for this month this season but people wanted mythic arena instead so they changed it.
Either way halo will be successful no matter if it's based on the old style, new or even if it's a hybrid.
Rossflex wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
Matthew774 wrote:

Halo 3 throwback was supposed to be the featured ranked mode for this month this season but people wanted mythic arena instead so they changed it.
Either way halo will be successful no matter if it's based on the old style, new or even if it's a hybrid.
Success or failure of the game could be based on many factors and as gamers its a very subjective thing.

Saying mythic was changed out for throwback this month would make sense as their is very small target audience currently still playing H5 and I doubt they are the classic guys with so much happening in the mcc at the minute
Rossflex wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
Matthew774 wrote:

Success or failure of the game could be based on many factors and as gamers its a very subjective thing.

Saying mythic was changed out for throwback this month would make sense as their is very small target audience currently still playing H5 and I doubt they are the classic guys with so much happening in the mcc at the minute
Halo mcc isn't doing as well as you think it's got great reviews on PC but the population has went down a lot. Halo reach was down to 3k players before halo CE launched and now it's already lost a lot of its players below 10k at the moment.. its also not in the top 50 on Xbox and hasn't been in like a year...While halo 5 is 37th so it's probably got more players overall if not close to it
I've played all halo's competitively online I prefer halo 3 over any halo but trust me when I say if halo infinite is anything like mythic arena it will be a success.
Halo 5 was a success despite what some people said/say to still have a population after 5 years with quick search times is impressive.
Rossflex wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
Rossflex wrote:
Matthew774 wrote:

Halo mcc isn't doing as well as you think it's got great reviews on PC but the population has went down a lot. Halo reach was down to 3k players before halo CE launched and now it's already lost a lot of its players below 10k at the moment.. its also not in the top 50 on Xbox and hasn't been in like a year...While halo 5 is 37th so it's probably got more players overall if not close to it
I've played all halo's competitively online I prefer halo 3 over any halo but trust me when I say if halo infinite is anything like mythic arena it will be a success.
Halo 5 was a success despite what some people said/say to still have a population after 5 years with quick search times is impressive.
I don't think either H5 or mcc are doing particularly well at the moment tbh , the halo drought is in full effect.

I agree Infinite will be very successful at release regardless of what movement system they use. The true test from my end is a bit like the recent gears release how many will still be playing 3 months or even a year later.

Movement systems is one of the features that will play a major part in the player retention or lack thereof
Yes, I prefer fast gameply (Halo 5) than a slow gameplay (old Halo games)
At the end of the day, every game will have its flaws, and gamers have a variety of preferences.

That said, I’ve done CoD, Titanfall 2, Destiny 2...and yet I keep coming back to Halo 5. While I was lukewarm on the campaign, I thoroughly enjoy Halo 5 multiplayer. (Although I would like to see some tweaks in Halo Infinite...like the elimination of Spartan charge)
it's much better than halo 4 so yea i can agree, although i like halo reach's multiplayer as well.
Matthew774 wrote:

Game play and movement yes, but not the story fo sure.
I love the gameplay. Any time I've heard someone complain about the gameplay, they're usually just not good from my experience.
As for the campaign it's garbage, end of story.