2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 37
3 shot kill is one less than the normal magnum why is it so op. The halo 2 br has higher bullet magnetism but it is still a loadout weapon.
Its just to op, tbh
If anything it should be an ultra rare like Whispered Truth.
JoeSubbi wrote:
People argue it shouldnt be a loadout as its to OP but it was originally a loadout weapon in Halo CE (obviously) so lets bring back the proper thing, full nostalgic experience XD
Custom games for that, though it still won't be full nostalgia unless the assault rifle has a 60 bullet mag.

In all seriousness, I'm glad it's a finite req, the normal H5 magnum is a 5 headshot kill, according to the perfect kill medal. I don't want to be bombarded by people having an infinite amount of pistols that could kill in 5 body shots.
That's basically making the light rifle a loadout req.
3 shot kill is one less than the normal magnum why is it so op. The halo 2 br has higher bullet magnetism but it is still a loadout weapon.
Normal magnum is 5 headshots to kill. The Perfect kill medal for the magnum verifies this.
That would be cool but from every post Ive read,it seems everyone believes its a legendary weapon that kills easy with only 3 shots. These people must be confused, just because its the CE magnum doesnt make it a god like weapon. It still a tool.
BurnBacon wrote:
That would be cool but from every post Ive read,it seems everyone believes its a legendary weapon that kills easy with only 3 shots. These people must be confused, just because its the CE magnum doesnt make it a god like weapon. It still a tool.
I know. People on here acting like when you pull the trigger on the CE pistol, all 12 players on the other team die and a hologram of Chief t-bags their corpses.
Two shots and a third to the head will break a Spartan's shields and kill them. That's why it's a REQ card and not a blowout weapon.it's firing rate is identical to the standard magnums, if not a negligible fraction slower. A lot of skilled players are godly with the basic magnums, once they master the Halo 1 Magnum, they will destroy everything. If it was a loadout weapon, people wouldn't use anything else.
I agree with this, seems like you put a bunch of time into getting the card, and you could use it then die once and have to grind for it all over again. (unless you get a certification)
Without reading all 16 pages except the initial post, here is my vote:

Make it a Legendary Loadout weapon like the Halo 2 BR and make it require either 7 or 8 Reqs. You have to compare it with the other weapons at 7 and 8 reqs and determine if it is equal. I say yes it is.
nah it would be to OP
Yeah that's a brilliant idea, give people such as myself who are often on REQ level 9 by the half way mark access to a 3 shot loadout weapon...

As much as I want to use it more, terrible idea.
Irobot500 wrote:
BurnBacon wrote:
I know. People on here acting like when you pull the trigger on the CE pistol, all 12 players on the other team die and a hologram of Chief t-bags their corpses.
lol I'll take it one step further and say that the Light Rifle only requires 3 headshots to kill, and it's only a level 3 req card. I don't see 16 page threads on how OP the Light Rifle is.
Without reading all 16 pages except the initial post, here is my vote:

Make it a Legendary Loadout weapon like the Halo 2 BR and make it require either 7 or 8 Reqs. You have to compare it with the other weapons at 7 and 8 reqs and determine if it is equal. I say yes it is.
This right here. Warzone is built around players getting more powerful loadout weapons as the match progresses. BR at lvl 3. SMG at 4. DMR at 6. It would be fitting to have the CE pistol as a lvl 8 or 9 loadout. I would make it a standard ultra rare tho so more people have a chance of getting it. That way, after a while, late warzone matches will play like the halo days of old.
The weapons too much a beast to be permanent in WZ. But it's still usuable in Custom Games...
Irobot500 wrote:
BurnBacon wrote:
lol I'll take it one step further and say that the Light Rifle only requires 3 headshots to kill, and it's only a level 3 req card. I don't see 16 page threads on how OP the Light Rifle is.
Probably because it requires all 3 shots to be made while zoomed. Otherwise it's a 4sk. I don't see any pages petitioning for it to be a loadout weapon either.
Na, it should definitely be a power weapon
Irobot500 wrote:
Yes bringing an original weapon for everyone to experience yet making it a mythic weapon and something you use once and then never again till you manage to get another one seems fair doesn't it? Your logic is flawed, you need to realize that it was a weapon put in game for the experience of using it. If the experience with it lasts less then 30 seconds to a minute then what is the point of it? Please explain.
The same thing can be said for every god damn weapon and vehicle in Warzone and even Arena depending on the game yet I don't see you complaining about that.

You're right, if I want to experience a weapon properly it has to be a loadout weapon. 343i please make it so that when I spawn in Warzone I have a Nornfang and a gravity hammer plus an overshield and two speed boosts and when I sprint I summon a Mantis because I barely get to use any of these items and I want to experience them.
This
No "this" is an example of human fingers typing without a connection to a brain. It physically pains me to see so many people making this type of comparison. Are you honestly comparing spawning with a pistol with a ttk literally fractions of a second faster than existing loadout weapons to spawning with rocket launchers and snipers??? Hands down the worst argument I have ever seen in my life.
No, it's a situation of taking a valid example and using hyperbole and the "nth degree" to prove a point. Even if it is used at higher REQ levels, it is hugely breaking the weapon balance if you are allowed to spawn it in every single time you spawn. It would give an even larger advantage to the people who are already good enough to consistently get to REQ level 9. They're already good enough, they don't need a 3sk auto pistol every time they spawn to bury people.

Have you seen Pingy or iSpiteful's showcases of the CE pistol? That is a perfect example of why it would break the game if people like that can use it every time they load in.
Yeah that's a brilliant idea, give people such as myself who are often on REQ level 9 by the half way mark access to a 3 shot loadout weapon...

As much as I want to use it more, terrible idea.
To that I would say congratulations, you've earned it. But seriously, if you take away the speed boost and limit the number of bullets you can you can carry it would be fine. Plus lower the rarity so more people have access to it. It really isn't that much better than the loadout weapons you have access to at lvl 8 or 9.
It should be a 4 shot kill with a slower fire rate than the usual Magnum and comes in at LVL 5 REQs.

Permanant REQ
No, because that would defeat the whole purpose of it even coming back. If it was changed, people would complain about that. So they have to make it a burn card, or risk unbalancing the game, a far more heinous crime in this sandbox.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 37