Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo CE Magnum should be a PERMANANT req

OP Gamer Freak

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 37
Adding the CE magnum as a loadout weapon would totally break Warzone. Nothing that powerful should be given to players every game.
rabedeath wrote:
I got it today and a i agree somewhat because if its that rare Ill be so stressed out using it. So likely i wont ever us it out of fear of wasting it.
I would love to have it as a permanent REQ. Or at least give us a CE playlist with the pistol and then a bunch of remakes from CE...just saying.
Oh so it isnt a permanent req :/
I havent gotten it yet so i wouldnt know >. <
Same man, just like the phaeton.
AvaPIaya wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
Yeah! Let everyone have a 3 shot weapon all the time!
No.
Just no
If everyone has it, then what's the problem?
A) Because not everyone would have it. It is a legendary mythic REQ. Select people have it, either the ones who play a lot or the ones who are very good. Usually both.
B) Because this becomes the problem with the Halo 2 and 3 BR all over again. The point of weapon balance is to make it so every weapon is viable. In those games, using anything other than the BR was suicide. Same with the Magnum in CE. Even if you make it so it's a common so everyone has it, it will become the only weapon used. That is not good gameplay balance.
I know everyone wouldn't have it. I was just replying to a comment. And it would only show up at the end of matches so it would hardly be the only weapon used. It's like how most people don't use anything but a DMR after they get it.
I've never played with the Halo CE pistol but would love it to be a permanent req!
No, it deserves no place as a standard loadouts weapon. Even if it is high req, it is still incredibly powerful and would dominate the battlefield.
I agree that it should be a permanent req, but it is stupidly OP compared to the other permanent reqs.
Making it be a rank 9 weapon is kind of unfair though, as I don't think I've been in a match where rank 9 is even achieved, let alone withheld long enough for you to use a new weapon.
They should make it a permanent req but with limited uses per match or something like that.
Lol, the complainers obviously weren't around during CE, that weapon was used it practically every single game on CE and no one complained. Warzone itself is already unbalanced if the enemy team have better reqs then you, you're pretty much gone anyway. Spamming all their OP weapons and vehicles into play and for the record it isn't a 3 shot kill, that's if you land headshots. If you were a CE you would understand but you weren't so don't even start complaining unless you know what you're talking about okay?
But in ce everybody got it. Not everybody will in warzone
Irobot500 wrote:
AvaPIaya wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
Yeah! Let everyone have a 3 shot weapon all the time!
No.
Just no
If everyone has it, then what's the problem?
A) Because not everyone would have it. It is a legendary mythic REQ. Select people have it, either the ones who play a lot or the ones who are very good. Usually both.
B) Because this becomes the problem with the Halo 2 and 3 BR all over again. The point of weapon balance is to make it so every weapon is viable. In those games, using anything other than the BR was suicide. Same with the Magnum in CE. Even if you make it so it's a common so everyone has it, it will become the only weapon used. That is not good gameplay balance.
I know everyone wouldn't have it. I was just replying to a comment. And it would only show up at the end of matches so it would hardly be the only weapon used. It's like how most people don't use anything but a DMR after they get it.
But that isn't the case. YOU may PREFER the DMR, but the BR actually (by a slight margin) has the faster TTK than the DMR. People like the DMR for the extended sight it offers by default, but with the new scope options, that is negligible. The BR objectively kills you faster. Plain and simple.

Once I get to REQ level 6, I usually have both in my loadout, until it comes to getting a power weapon. Then I replace the DMR. The BR is a better utility weapon, because it is good at all ranges, but also just straight up kills you faster.
I think we need more permanent REQs.... but not the CE Mag cause that gun is insanely powerful.

Although the shotgun would be a good idea for a perm REQ.
Slevin424 wrote:
I think we need more permanent REQs.... but not the CE Mag cause that gun is insanely powerful.

Although the shotgun would be a good idea for a perm REQ.
You must not play much WZA. Loadout shotguns would make defending the easiest thing in the world.
Irobot500 wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
AvaPIaya wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
Yes bringing an original weapon for everyone to experience yet making it a mythic weapon and something you use once and then never again till you manage to get another one seems fair doesn't it? Your logic is flawed, you need to realize that it was a weapon put in game for the experience of using it. If the experience with it lasts less then 30 seconds to a minute then what is the point of it? Please explain.
The same thing can be said for every god damn weapon and vehicle in Warzone and even Arena depending on the game yet I don't see you complaining about that.

You're right, if I want to experience a weapon properly it has to be a loadout weapon. 343i please make it so that when I spawn in Warzone I have a Nornfang and a gravity hammer plus an overshield and two speed boosts and when I sprint I summon a Mantis because I barely get to use any of these items and I want to experience them.
This
No "this" is an example of human fingers typing without a connection to a brain. It physically pains me to see so many people making this type of comparison. Are you honestly comparing spawning with a pistol with a ttk literally fractions of a second faster than existing loadout weapons to spawning with rocket launchers and snipers??? Hands down the worst argument I have ever seen in my life.
No, it's a situation of taking a valid example and using hyperbole and the "nth degree" to prove a point. Even if it is used at higher REQ levels, it is hugely breaking the weapon balance if you are allowed to spawn it in every single time you spawn. It would give an even larger advantage to the people who are already good enough to consistently get to REQ level 9. They're already good enough, they don't need a 3sk auto pistol every time they spawn to bury people.

Have you seen Pingy or iSpiteful's showcases of the CE pistol? That is a perfect example of why it would break the game if people like that can use it every time they load in.
I'm sorry but no, you cannot compare spawning with a 3 shot pistol to spawning with an insta kill extreme long range weapon and an insta kill weapon with splash damage and the ability to wreck most vehicles. There's no fancy words to make any sense of that. And if these players are that good then they are gonna dominate with or without the pistol anyway. At lvl 9 you can spawn with weapons that are instant melee kills. Is that fair? Plus all the modded DMRs. Is that fair? Warzone is so naturally unbalanced that your argument doesn't really hold any weight.
You absolutely can compare them when the OPs only point was wanting the CE magnum for the sake of nostalgia and forsaking all sense of game balance. The point of bringing up the SPNKR and other weapons was to point out how ridiculous his claim was.
I am in no way associated with OP's argument. He seems like a loony. I want the pistol to be a high level loadout because the way it is now, it will never get used. Loadout weapons get better as the match goes on, why not have a step after the DMR?
That's debatable. Many people prefer the BR over the DMR, same with the AR over the SMG.
Kinda like how many people would prefer BRs and DMRs over a loadout CE pistol because of the better range.
Slevin424 wrote:
I think we need more permanent REQs.... but not the CE Mag cause that gun is insanely powerful.

Although the shotgun would be a good idea for a perm REQ.
You must not play much WZA. Loadout shotguns would make defending the easiest thing in the world.
Agreed. Its enough of a campfest as it is right now. Also would allow for pitching a tent and roasting marshmallows in the base in regular WZ.
*yawns* Ah, okay let's see what's new on Way- god dammit why is this still here?

Dear new people, please defend how this seems fair.

Much like the H2 BR, people will spawn a ton of CE Magnums for their teammates to use. Now you have twelve people running around with a CE magnum + their armor mods and powerups if they choose to use one.

No one from the CE Magnum should be a loadout side has tried to counter this because they can't counter it BECAUSE IT'S OVERPOWERED!
no just no.
*yawns* Ah, okay let's see what's new on Way- god dammit why is this still here?
This thread is your life now. Accept this and embrace it. It is the only way.
AvaPIaya wrote:
*yawns* Ah, okay let's see what's new on Way- god dammit why is this still here?
This thread is your life now. Accept this and embrace it. It is the only way.
Is it my sword and my shield?
I approve of making the CE Magnum a loadout option instead of a burn card.
*yawns* Ah, okay let's see what's new on Way- god dammit why is this still here?
I know, why is still even a thing?

The HCE Pistol shouldn't be a loadout weapon because its too OP against all other loadout weapons. Warzone is supposed to be a gametype for fun, not a game where one team is surrounding your armory with a gun that kills faster than you can react.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 37