Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Halo CE Magnum should be a PERMANANT req

OP Gamer Freak

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 37
Agreed with OP
Irobot500 wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
AvaPIaya wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
Yes bringing an original weapon for everyone to experience yet making it a mythic weapon and something you use once and then never again till you manage to get another one seems fair doesn't it? Your logic is flawed, you need to realize that it was a weapon put in game for the experience of using it. If the experience with it lasts less then 30 seconds to a minute then what is the point of it? Please explain.
The same thing can be said for every god damn weapon and vehicle in Warzone and even Arena depending on the game yet I don't see you complaining about that.

You're right, if I want to experience a weapon properly it has to be a loadout weapon. 343i please make it so that when I spawn in Warzone I have a Nornfang and a gravity hammer plus an overshield and two speed boosts and when I sprint I summon a Mantis because I barely get to use any of these items and I want to experience them.
This
No "this" is an example of human fingers typing without a connection to a brain. It physically pains me to see so many people making this type of comparison. Are you honestly comparing spawning with a pistol with a ttk literally fractions of a second faster than existing loadout weapons to spawning with rocket launchers and snipers??? Hands down the worst argument I have ever seen in my life.
No, it's a situation of taking a valid example and using hyperbole and the "nth degree" to prove a point. Even if it is used at higher REQ levels, it is hugely breaking the weapon balance if you are allowed to spawn it in every single time you spawn. It would give an even larger advantage to the people who are already good enough to consistently get to REQ level 9. They're already good enough, they don't need a 3sk auto pistol every time they spawn to bury people.

Have you seen Pingy or iSpiteful's showcases of the CE pistol? That is a perfect example of why it would break the game if people like that can use it every time they load in.
I'm sorry but no, you cannot compare spawning with a 3 shot pistol to spawning with an insta kill extreme long range weapon and an insta kill weapon with splash damage and the ability to wreck most vehicles. There's no fancy words to make any sense of that. And if these players are that good then they are gonna dominate with or without the pistol anyway. At lvl 9 you can spawn with weapons that are instant melee kills. Is that fair? Plus all the modded DMRs. Is that fair? Warzone is so naturally unbalanced that your argument doesn't really hold any weight.
You absolutely can compare them when the OPs only point was wanting the CE magnum for the sake of nostalgia and forsaking all sense of game balance. The point of bringing up the SPNKR and other weapons was to point out how ridiculous his claim was.
I am in no way associated with OP's argument. He seems like a loony. I want the pistol to be a high level loadout because the way it is now, it will never get used. Loadout weapons get better as the match goes on, why not have a step after the DMR?
That's debatable. Many people prefer the BR over the DMR, same with the AR over the SMG.
Kinda like how many people would prefer BRs and DMRs over a loadout CE pistol because of the better range.
Range doesn't really make a difference on a hitscan weapon. And it comes with the same zoom as the standard BR/H2BR.

Still doesn't negate the fact that it's TTK is arguably one of the fastest in the game. Even without headshots, the CE magnum takes only 5 shots, whereas the standard magnum takes 8. Stating that their TTK is milliseconds off is just plain wrong.
I wouldn't mind it being a level 9 permanent unlock, means I can shred noobs easier.
AvaPIaya wrote:
*yawns* Ah, okay let's see what's new on Way- god dammit why is this still here?
This thread is your life now. Accept this and embrace it. It is the only way.
Is it my sword and my shield?
"RUL MonkeyxMoo, your vitals just pinged KIA!"

Edit: Doesn't quite flow the same, huh?
I haven't used it yet, but any sensible person would see gameplay of that thing in action and know it doesn't deserve to be a loadout weapon.
While we are at it, maybe instead of the free speed boost it gives, replace it with a damage boost for an increase in nostalgia.
Swan wrote:
I wouldn't mind it being a level 9 permanent unlock, means I can shred noobs easier.
And here we see the problem with it. Again. Just sayin.
that would be great but i think all legendarys should be permint just it costs 8 reqs and you can only use one a game
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
Yeah! Let everyone have a 3 shot weapon all the time!
No.
Just no
I think a level 9 req is reasonable.
Cody AUS wrote:
Lol no, a 3 shot kill, have you lost your marbles,
while we're at it, let's make the rocket launcher a loudout weapon
This guy gets it.
The CE pistol would be completely ridiculous as a loadout. Literally everyone would be using it once they got it- because it would be permanent and easy to access.
You saying rank 9 or even if the added an extra req 10 is easy to access? Lol, have you even played Halo 5? Give me a break.
It is actually really easy to increase your REQ rank in a game. Are you new to the game or are you just not good at warzone? REQ rank 10 would take about 10 minutes to get to (considering you are a decent player).
Yeah seems like the sort of weapon that should be unlocked about level 8/9 in warzone to be honest
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
Yeah! Let everyone have a 3 shot weapon all the time!
No.
Just no
Yes, a 3 shot kill weapon is very OP and it would suck if it was a loadout weapon, but, come on. You cannot deny that it would be extremely fun to spawn in with the Halo CE Magnum.
it's a 3-shot or 4-shot kill!
that's some OP loadout guns, don't you think?
besides, it's in Forge and multiplayer maps.
Trusty lv wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
Yeah! Let everyone have a 3 shot weapon all the time!
No.
Just no
Yes, a 3 shot kill weapon is very OP and it would suck if it was a loadout weapon, but, come on. You cannot deny that it would be extremely fun to spawn in with the Halo CE Magnum.
which is why you get it as a power weapon and a weapon in arena/custom games.
Agree, just like the Halo 2 BR.
Irobot500 wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
AvaPIaya wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
Yes bringing an original weapon for everyone to experience yet making it a mythic weapon and something you use once and then never again till you manage to get another one seems fair doesn't it? Your logic is flawed, you need to realize that it was a weapon put in game for the experience of using it. If the experience with it lasts less then 30 seconds to a minute then what is the point of it? Please explain.
The same thing can be said for every god damn weapon and vehicle in Warzone and even Arena depending on the game yet I don't see you complaining about that.

You're right, if I want to experience a weapon properly it has to be a loadout weapon. 343i please make it so that when I spawn in Warzone I have a Nornfang and a gravity hammer plus an overshield and two speed boosts and when I sprint I summon a Mantis because I barely get to use any of these items and I want to experience them.
This
No "this" is an example of human fingers typing without a connection to a brain. It physically pains me to see so many people making this type of comparison. Are you honestly comparing spawning with a pistol with a ttk literally fractions of a second faster than existing loadout weapons to spawning with rocket launchers and snipers??? Hands down the worst argument I have ever seen in my life.
No, it's a situation of taking a valid example and using hyperbole and the "nth degree" to prove a point. Even if it is used at higher REQ levels, it is hugely breaking the weapon balance if you are allowed to spawn it in every single time you spawn. It would give an even larger advantage to the people who are already good enough to consistently get to REQ level 9. They're already good enough, they don't need a 3sk auto pistol every time they spawn to bury people.

Have you seen Pingy or iSpiteful's showcases of the CE pistol? That is a perfect example of why it would break the game if people like that can use it every time they load in.
I'm sorry but no, you cannot compare spawning with a 3 shot pistol to spawning with an insta kill extreme long range weapon and an insta kill weapon with splash damage and the ability to wreck most vehicles. There's no fancy words to make any sense of that. And if these players are that good then they are gonna dominate with or without the pistol anyway. At lvl 9 you can spawn with weapons that are instant melee kills. Is that fair? Plus all the modded DMRs. Is that fair? Warzone is so naturally unbalanced that your argument doesn't really hold any weight.
You absolutely can compare them when the OPs only point was wanting the CE magnum for the sake of nostalgia and forsaking all sense of game balance. The point of bringing up the SPNKR and other weapons was to point out how ridiculous his claim was.
I am in no way associated with OP's argument. He seems like a loony. I want the pistol to be a high level loadout because the way it is now, it will never get used. Loadout weapons get better as the match goes on, why not have a step after the DMR?
That's debatable. Many people prefer the BR over the DMR, same with the AR over the SMG.
Kinda like how many people would prefer BRs and DMRs over a loadout CE pistol because of the better range.
Range doesn't really make a difference on a hitscan weapon. And it comes with the same zoom as the standard BR/H2BR.

Still doesn't negate the fact that it's TTK is arguably one of the fastest in the game. Even without headshots, the CE magnum takes only 5 shots, whereas the standard magnum takes 8. Stating that their TTK is milliseconds off is just plain wrong
Yeah seems like the sort of weapon that should be unlocked about level 8/9 in warzone to be honest
I agree, and these people have to remember that not everyone will be running around the map trying to kill you on foot. Have you guys heard of a Ghost Ultra? Let's not forget you can call in any vehicle you want at 8/9 reqs. The argument here is, well you could spawn with the pistol every time. Ok that's fair, I'll just keep calling one of my hundreds of vehicles. There are so many ghosts, banshees, tanks, wraiths, and warthogs at this late stage in the game, what the hell is a pistol going to do?
Equate the CE pistol to the same damage a regular pistol does against a vehicle, and it sounds like a fair trade off.
Yes bringing an original weapon for everyone to experience yet making it a mythic weapon and something you use once and then never again till you manage to get another one seems fair doesn't it? Your logic is flawed, you need to realize that it was a weapon put in game for the experience of using it. If the experience with it lasts less then 30 seconds to a minute then what is the point of it? Please explain.
Are you even listening to yourself? Yes, they want to give you a chance to experience it but at the same time they don't want you running around with what is a 3 shot kill weapon. IF you really want to experience it that badly make a custom game with it so at the very least it's an even playing ground. Warzone is already unbalanced as it is, we don't need this crap to make it even worse.
AS I SAID BEFORE! Do not call it a 3 shot pistol that's only if you get head shots each time and do not call it crap. You may have played CE but you were not an original, so like I said know your facts before you sulk and complain, thanks.
In all honesty isn't the BR a "3 shot kill" (maybe 4 ooo whoopie just make mag high req cost)? In all honestly the CE Mag is not OP enough to justify making it a burn req. I agree it should be a loadout req and if you/343 feels its powerful just make it a high lvl req its not like a sniper rifle or something where it takes 2 or less shots to kill or can easily wipe the floor with people. its just a scoped Mag with higher dmg per round 3shot Headshot. I don't see the huge fuss people are making saying its too broken to make a loadout. nostalgia guns should be loadout if they are older versions of current loadout variants in my opinion.
Yeah seems like the sort of weapon that should be unlocked about level 8/9 in warzone to be honest
I agree, and these people have to remember that not everyone will be running around the map trying to kill you on foot. Have you guys heard of a Ghost Ultra? Let's not forget you can call in any vehicle you want at 8/9 reqs. The argument here is, well you could spawn with the pistol every time. Ok that's fair, I'll just keep calling one of my hundreds of vehicles. There are so many ghosts, banshees, tanks, wraiths, and warthogs at this late stage in the game, what the hell is a pistol going to do?
Equate the CE pistol to the same damage a regular pistol does against a vehicle, and it sounds like a fair trade off.
Except anyone smart would stay out of a scorpion, wraith, or mantis and only use hogs or ghosts which, while they can be powerful, can just as easily be shut down with a single plasma pistol charge followed by the entire team pouring into them. You clearly do not play enough Warzone.
Are you people serious?

Halo 5 has a very well balanced sandbox. It's probably the most balanced in any Halo game to date. You know how to absolutely destroy that balance?

Make a 3-shot zooming pistol with a high rate of fire a loadout weapon. Functionally, the CE magnum is equivalent to the Barbed Lance with its TTK and zooming ability, but that's an ultra rare one-time REQ.

The CE magnum is objectively better than the Halo 5 pistol, BR and DMR...making it a loadout weapon destroys any semblance of balance and will invalidate the other weapons as viable choices...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 37