Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo is doomed and it is all your fault...

OP Roams Alone

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
....those that buy req packs.
Don't buy any req packs if you care about Halo and it's future.
Please pay attention as this is important, micro-transactions in AAA games are wrong full stop (period). Stop buying them!

So we have already had the limited time available vehicle req packs that were paid only! Limted time only to gauge the market and maximise the income, it's wrong.

At least the Halo Championship req pack could be earned by play or pay (even though for most that was a lot of play in a very short period). Again to ensure a lot of people would just buy it and wouldn't have the time to save up for it by normal play.

While micro-transactions in AAA games are a cancer, if you can earn items by normal play as well that's acceptable as you can avoid them. However, if others don't play and actually pay instead, they are ruining gaming for rest of us.

Now the more perceptive of you may very well be worried what 343 will be bringing next. Wouldn't take a genius to establish that exclusive items available in paid only req packs will be coming. Such as exclusive weapons/vehicles for Warzone armour sets and gun skins only attainable by paying for them.

Those that think the profits from req bundles go towards the development of "free content" for Halo 5 or the prize fund for Halo Championships are just kidding themselves.

The "free content" was already developed and has been cut from the base game and then added in instalments. Plus we are expected to be happy about that?

So when Halo 5 and in future Halo 6 etc is full of paid micro transactions for the best and exclusive items you will only have yourselves to blame (those a that buy them).

When the content acquired by these paid only items in-specific game modes goes a long way towards giving you an advantage and that breaks the game, you will know why.

Please don't buy! Think!
We get it, you don't like REQ packs. They have been a huge success, whether you like it or not. REQ packs have pulled in, to my knowledge, 2 million dollars, probably double that now. That money is going directly to supporting the competitive community that has been put on the back burner since Halo Reach. Halo is on the rise. We should be celebrating, not bickering about unlocking cosmetics and vehicles for warzone.

REQ packs will never alter the competitive side of Halo.

Give me one example where a REQ pack is giving you an advantage in arena? Give me one example where you can use a REQ pack to earn "skill" in arena.

As for warzone, I have purchased zero REQ packs and can still hold my own. Perhaps those not in favor of REQ packs should reflect on their personal skill and adapt.

REQ packs aren't going anywhere.

Just my opinion.
halo did micro transactions the right way unlike other games because you can earn all that stuff in game by just playing.
MT's have changed the game for worse? That is debatable, but the success of these means they are here to stay. I think hcs has ironically had more of an impact on halo than mt's. Ironic because it really has changed the face of the game to the point where a portion of the population thinks they can be a pro some day, which has made play less enjoyable for me.
Meh, the way they're implemented into the game and how the game works overall, I'm fine with them.
Oh my god..
There are people that think the REQ system was implemented well? Strange world.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
We get it, you don't like REQ packs. They have been a huge success, whether you like it or not. REQ packs have pulled in, to my knowledge, 2 million dollars, probably double that now.

REQ packs will never alter the competitive side of Halo. 343 did it right, in my opinion.

They will be in Halo 6.
A huge success for who?

How much of that money went in to your pocket?

How much content have you had for 'free'? And I mean really had for free and not delayed from launch (ie. content you already paid for with your initial purchase) or was cobbled together weapon skins, Forge maps, or remixes. You still enjoying 'all those gametypes'?.

At least when you paid for DLC map packs you got your money's worth. Despite all that money and all that success, Halo 5 is still not up to par with the other Halo games in terms of content.
I like the req system...No worse than Battlepacks Supply drops Siege credits or season passes imo
I have considered buying a req pack to show support for a such great system. It's nice there's lots of customization but what I really love is free content updates.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
There are people that think the REQ system was implemented well? Strange world.
Yeah, it's an opinion.
And personally, the reqs and warzone are what are keeping me glued to Halo 5 since launch. It might not apply to you or for everyone, but it does for me and others.
BBT2014 wrote:
I like the req system...No worse than Battlepacks Supply drops Siege credits or season passes imo
Season passes usually have release and content outlined, they also give you access to paid content (content you have to pay for) and not a short cut access to content that is unlockable for free in game.
Richnj wrote:
We get it, you don't like REQ packs. They have been a huge success, whether you like it or not. REQ packs have pulled in, to my knowledge, 2 million dollars, probably double that now.

REQ packs will never alter the competitive side of Halo. 343 did it right, in my opinion.

They will be in Halo 6.
A huge success for who?

How much content have you had for 'free'? And I mean really had for free and not delayed from launch (ie. content you already paid for with your initial purchase) or was cobbled together weapon skins, Forge maps, or remixes. You still enjoying 'all those gametypes'?.

At least when you paid for DLC map packs you got your money's worth. Despite all that money and all that success, Halo 5 is still not up to par with the other Halo games in terms of content.
Except the whole paid DLC map thing hasn't been working out well for Halo. Not many people buy them and it just segregates one part of the Halo community from the other when it comes to dlc map-exclusive playlists.
I'm guilty of buying the arena pack..However you are right. Microtransactions of that degree in a 60 dollar triple AAA are unacceptable. they even upped the prices for goldpacks... 130 dollars for the big one. C'mon 343
Richnj wrote:
BBT2014 wrote:
Season passes usually have release and content outlined, they also give you access to paid content (content you have to pay for) and not a short cut access to content that is unlockable for free in game.
You should check out recent season passes for games like Rainbow Six Siege and Street Fighter 5 because the $30 season passes for those games are exactly what you just said

Then games like CoD Battlefield or R6 Siege have the balls to do $30-$50 season passes with microtransactions on top CoD had even been taking weapons from the $50 Black Ops season pass and putting them into supply drops...
Richnj wrote:

They will be in Halo 6.
A huge success for who?

Except the whole paid DLC map thing hasn't been working out well for Halo. Not many people buy them and it just segregates one part of the Halo community from the other when it comes to dlc map-exclusive playlists.
It didn't work in Halo 4. It worked just fine when the population was quite high. It's no coincidence that Halo 4 bombed with DLC and people complained about the season pass being worthless and then Halo 5 changes the system.

Halo 2, 3 and Reach all had no problem, COD is still not having any problem. Because the populations weren't in the toilet.
My point though, was that people are still pouring money in through REQs thinking that it is actually funding these updates, when in fact they aren't. These updates were already planned for before release. The extra money going in through REQs have not increased the production or scale of the updates.
These threads are always okay until you lose me in the tin foil hat conspiracy "cut content just to add it later on in the game lifespan".

It doesn't take a genius to see that cutting content to add it back in later helps no one at all.

I get it, we can always assume that those who get money easily will never change the product that gets that income. However, I find that 343 has the least intrusive and least game impacting influence of Micro transactions in a AAA game. There is no reason for anyone to pay a dime extra than the base price of the game to have the standard experience. And they still get the bonus updates every month
Richnj wrote:
Richnj wrote:

They will be in Halo 6.
A huge success for who?

It didn't work in Halo 4. It worked just fine when the population was quite high. It's no coincidence that Halo 4 bombed with DLC and people complained about the season pass being worthless and then Halo 5 changes the system.

Halo 2, 3 and Reach all had no problem, COD is still not having any problem. Because the populations weren't in the toilet.
My point though, was that people are still pouring money in through REQs thinking that it is actually funding these updates, when in fact they aren't. These updates were already planned for before release. The extra money going in through REQs have not increased the production or scale of the updates.
Literally no one thinks that...

343 has said it helps fund HCS prize pools not fund updates...
BBT2014 wrote:
Richnj wrote:
BBT2014 wrote:
You should check out recent season passes for games like Rainbow Six Siege and Street Fighter 5 because the $30 season passes for those games are exactly what you just said

Then games like CoD Battlefield or R6 Siege have the balls to do $30-$50 season passes with microtransactions on top CoD had even been taking weapons from the $50 Black Ops season pass and putting them into supply drops...
Those aren't real season passes but short cut packs masquerading as season passes. Traditionally and with majority of games still coming out that is not the case.

It would also be the reason I'd buy the Fallout 4 season pass and not the Siege season pass. Remember the Siege season pass (as I said about all season passes) was outlined and shown to be nothing but a short cut pass.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28