Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo is doomed and it is all your fault...

OP Roams Alone

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 28
It's not a big game changer like other games. They way 343 implemented the system is fair; everyone can get everything. Now if 343 had things that you could only get via MT's, than thats when we should start to worry. If it comes down to that, than its a new level of low.
We get it, you don't like REQ packs. They have been a huge success, whether you like it or not. REQ packs have pulled in, to my knowledge, 2 million dollars, probably double that now. That money is going directly to supporting the competitive community, that has been put on the back burner since Halo Reach. Halo is on the rise. We should be celebrating, not bickering about unlocking cosmetics and vehicles for warzone.

REQ packs will never alter the competitive side of Halo.

Give me one example where a REQ pack is giving you an advantage in arena? Give me one example where you can use a REQ pack to earn "skill" in arena.

As for warzone, I have purchased zero REQ packs and can still hold my own. Perhaps those not in favor of REQ packs should reflect on their personal skill and adapt.

REQ packs aren't going anywhere.

Just my opinion.
It only supports the league, if Halo continues to force these horrible maps for the sake of ReQ packs then yes there killing off Halo while trying to make a quick buck. The fact is it's already ruined Warzone, will most likely ruin other modes if 343i think it's acceptable.
Why do these threads keep returning?
Consumers will buy what they want to buy. Sadly some people are not very bright in buying something temporary in a game. Ever since I started to make my own money I have realized how much things can cost and what is worth buying. DLC sure if I want it, but something like a weapon or cosmetic thing is silly at best. I agree with the author of this post a great bit of course its your decision we just want you to think about it a bit.
....those that buy req packs.
Don't buy any req packs if you care about Halo and it's future.
Please pay attention as this is important, micro-transactions in AAA games are wrong full stop (period). Stop buying them!

So we have already had the limited time available vehicle req packs that were paid only! Limted time only to gauge the market and maximise the income, it's wrong.

At least the Halo Championship req pack could be earned by play or pay (even though for most that was a lot of play in a very short period). Again to ensure a lot of people would just buy it and wouldn't have the time to save up for it by normal play.

While micro-transactions in AAA games are a cancer, if you can earn items by normal play as well that's acceptable as you can avoid them. However, if others don't play and actually pay instead, they are ruining gaming for rest of us.

Now the more perceptive of you may very well be worried what 343 will be bringing next. Wouldn't take a genius to establish that exclusive items available in paid only req packs will be coming. Such as exclusive weapons/vehicles for Warzone armour sets and gun skins only attainable by paying for them.

Those that think the profits from req bundles go towards the development of "free content" for Halo 5 or the prize fund for Halo Championships are just kidding themselves.

The "free content" was already developed and has been cut from the base game and then added in instalments. Plus we are expected to be happy about that?

So when Halo 5 and in future Halo 6 etc is full of paid micro transactions for the best and exclusive items you will only have yourselves to blame (those a that buy them).

When the content acquired by these paid only items in-specific game modes goes a long way towards giving you an advantage and that breaks the game, you will know why.

Please don't buy! Think!
I don't know what your smoking, but I want some...
The earth is doomed in 2012 guys.
That's meant to be funny I guess but this is no laughing matter, for those that care about Halo.
Its really not as bad as you think. Halo is doing fine, your just being a pessimist.
The req pack system is way better than the map pack system before because not every one bought map packs and it created two different populations those with the maps and those without...... now with the req system every one gets all future updates regardless if you buy packs or not..... and yeah they are adding stuff fast enough for some but the content will get here. They are adding stuff every month so chill out and just play Halo. Don't like reqs don't play war zone. Dont want to spend money on them then don't. It doesn't take long to build points and open them not to mention the packs you get with exp promotions and comindations.
I don't know how Halo 5 is so doomed because of micro-transactions. Halo 4 was at an all-time low for the series and they have done a phenomenal job bringing it back with H5. It isn't perfect by any means but to say it is doomed is ludicrous. Oh and by the way, you won't convince people who spend their own money to not spend their money on something. Arena (which is the heart of Halo MP) is not affected by these REQ packs. Everyone flips out about micro-transactions but they have been in games for years (obviously not so much in AAA titles). Oh well though, I'm enjoying the game and while the OP cries "Halo is doomed", I'm having fun :)
Irobot500 wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
OP is exactly right. At least a few people out there can see reason. But this thread will be filled with scum saying "it's my (mom's) money, I'll ruin future Halo games if I want to!"
A bit one-sided and filled with assumption, don't you think? Because you and OP agree, does that mean that the rest of us don't see reason? Also, you're assuming that all us "scum" are kids who are ruining halo games. You need to get off your high horse. I don't care if you were here since ce, that doesn't make you any better than the rest of us.
This is gonna sound bold but yea, I do think people who don't buy REQs are "better" than people who do. The more succesful the REQ system is, the more content will be locked behind microtransactions in future halo games. Obviously I'm assuming, anything regarding the future is an assumsion. People who say the REQ system won't ruin future halos is assuming.
That sounded arrogant, not bold. When you say "better," do you mean better skill-wise or better as a human being. Either way that's a pretty stupid thing thing to say. No content is locked behind microtransactions so I don't see your point there. What I meant about your assumptions is that kids buy reqs and ruin halo. Do you see the assumption there? I would rather other people pay for the updates instead of me, so I'm all for the microtransactions. They are almost perfectly implemented.
Better as a gamer/halo fan. And wow, way to miss the point. The microtransactions are not ruining halo 5. They may have negatively impacted certain aspects of this game but the main problem is that since people are mindlessly buying millions of dollars worth of REQs, the future halos WILL have more content restricted to microtransactions only. REQ points will eventually become extinct forcing players to pay for everything
BBT2014 wrote:
Richnj wrote:
Richnj wrote:
We get it, you don't like REQ packs. They have been a huge success, whether you like it or not. REQ packs have pulled in, to my knowledge, 2 million dollars, probably double that now.

REQ packs will never alter the competitive side of Halo. 343 did it right, in my opinion.

They will be in Halo 6.
A huge success for who?

How much of that money went in to your pocket?

How much content have you had for 'free'? And I mean really had for free and not delayed from launch (ie. content you already paid for with your initial purchase) or was cobbled together weapon skins, Forge maps, or remixes. You still enjoying 'all those gametypes'?.

At least when you paid for DLC map packs you got your money's worth. Despite all that money and all that success, Halo 5 is still not up to par with the other Halo games in terms of content.
Except the whole paid DLC map thing hasn't been working out well for Halo. Not many people buy them and it just segregates one part of the Halo community from the other when it comes to dlc map-exclusive playlists.
It didn't work in Halo 4. It worked just fine when the population was quite high. It's no coincidence that Halo 4 bombed with DLC and people complained about the season pass being worthless and then Halo 5 changes the system.

Halo 2, 3 and Reach all had no problem, COD is still not having any problem. Because the populations weren't in the toilet.
My point though, was that people are still pouring money in through REQs thinking that it is actually funding these updates, when in fact they aren't. These updates were already planned for before release. The extra money going in through REQs have not increased the production or scale of the updates.
Literally no one thinks that...

343 has said it helps fund HCS prize pools not fund updates...
Actually 343I said a % of the sale of REQ packs would go to HCS prize pool AND to help fund future DLC for the game. If you want the quote I'll find it, but it'll take a bit. I'm sure someone has already posted it.

So far I've barely seen anything worth talking about in any of there so call monthly updates/DLC. MOST of the stuff we've gotten so far are things that either should of been in at launch. At least in the paid DLC the stuff was worth it and looked good (no remix or forge maps...those are fine but NOT as stand a lone DLC...real maps please!!!)

It worked in Halo 2,3 it worked just find because 1) a lot of people were playing those games 2) in halo 3 to play ranked mode you had to have the DLC and everyone wanted to play ranked because everyone wanted to be a 5 star General/50. In reach I worked so-so because a lot of people left because they didn't like the game and because there was no real rank mode. Halo 4 paid DLC did bad because halo 4 did bad!!! it was such a poorly made game in so many areas it wasn't funny.

In conclusion if you have a good game that's built well, people will play it and if people are playing it and like it they will buy the DLC. Lots of past and present games show this.

In responds to the REQ/mirotransactions system that Halo 5 has, I don't hate it but I don't love it. I'm very indifferent. I don't really care about anything other then the different assassination because 90% of the armour either 1) Looks bloody terrible!!! or 2) too many of the armours look the same. Less armour and more unique ones is a much better way to go aka something like Halo 3 or reach.... but 343I can't do this because they need to flood the game with more things to get in the REQ packs to keep people coming back and spending money to get what they really want. In Halo 3 and Reach (especially reach! such a good system!!!) I loved "building" my Spartans look....but in halo 4,5 I could care less.

Though I'm not really big on the REQ/mirotransactions system in halo 5, I do think it is the best implemented system of it's type in any game that has mirotransactions.
I like H5, but it is doomed, why you might ask, reqs nooo, acheivements nooo, no co op realy nooo, red team nooo, BECAUSE HALO 6 is being made,YYEESSSS!!!
I love the req system my mates talked trash about it all the time before it came out saying oh look more microtransactions but now after playing it since release I cant say anything bad about it to be honest. its a great system that you don't have to spend any real money on it its basically an added bonus/reward instead of the old halos that you played got xp or rank but now wee get req points. Think its great and love unlocking special items.
Exactly I hate the fact that I have to pay money now to unlock the cool things. I already spent money on the game why should I spend more?
Exactly I hate the fact that I have to pay money now to unlock the cool things. I already spent money on the game why should I spend more?
Why don't some of you seem to understand that whether you buy packs with money or just use req points you unlock the same stuff! This req system is made for players like your self that don't buy stuff after the game. Now you will get all additional content because others are buying reqs. All buying reqs does is allow players who don't have patience to grind out points unlock stuff faster.
paddycfc22 wrote:
I love the req system my mates talked trash about it all the time before it came out saying oh look more microtransactions but now after playing it since release I cant say anything bad about it to be honest. its a great system that you don't have to spend any real money on it its basically an added bonus/reward instead of the old halos that you played got xp or rank but now wee get req points. Think its great and love unlocking special items.
Funny you blokes all say bloody this and bloody that, I think you might all be Real Spartans except you all have Norske DNA hheehhee, I like rqs that dont hand out skill, to many do, so I collect armour, but what do I get, ultra rare power reqs all the time, I bloody well cant take it anymore, lol luv yea mates, maybe were family,;~}
Almost all the games weapons were in Halo 5. Sure, some were missing, but weapons have been cut in every Halo title. As for weapon variations being added, they are a bonus. Get over it.

Finally, How are microtransactions worse than paid DLC?

MT are optional. You can still earn all the gear in Halo.

Paid DLC is still optional. But it hurts those that did pay for it by reducing the population.

My only issue with MT isn't even them, it's the fact that I wish more armor had challenges linked to them. That way you could earn more gear instead of getting lucky.
Nope, not my fault. I've never bought a req pack. And mainly because I don't like Halo 5's multiplayer. I for one, actually liked Halo 4's War Games and Spartan Ops. I loved Halo 4 so much. It was bold, new, exciting. But Halo 5 is so diappointing. I don't like the campaign or the multiplayer. And I didn't make it this way. Constant complainers made it this way. So don't blame me.

-Ryan
I wont buy req packs because i dont feel like wasting money on them, but for the people who do buy them, they fund all the future DLC's we will get in the future so they are not that bad
Here we go again
Meh, the way they're implemented into the game and how the game works overall, I'm fine with them.
Yeah i agree, and i think it comes down to how they are implemented.

also.... I think cancer is a strong word to use too, and it makes me think op dosent know what cancer actualy is. In fact i think i think alot of people dont know what cancer really is and how it works, its just used as a scary word or to sound smart.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 28