Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo is doomed and it is all your fault...

OP Roams Alone

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 28
Halo hate post number #164388006426073225

It gets old dude. Get over it. Go earn everything by playing like the majority of halo players. If people want to buy req packs let them. Is it harming you? No. To this day i havent paid for a req pack. The only money i put down was the money for the game and I've received free maps, new reqs, and a freaking forge mode all for free.

343i basically said "got some extra money and not enough time to play? Well here you have the OPTION to pay. If not play through the game and goodluck. And and to keep you playing, here some feee -Yoink- every month. " 343i gets money you get content. Easy
he must suck @ it or is to lazy to play the game
THE 6 SQAD wrote:
....those that buy req packs.
Don't buy any req packs if you care about Halo and it's future.

LeaDead wrote:REALLY?? if thats the way you think i pitty you. the money raised from req packs will go to halo tornaments & future halo tittles. the more peapole buy req packs, the longer halos lifespan becomes. if anyone was to blame for halo being doomed it would be peapole like you Roams Alone. reqs are perfectly fine & will always be wealcome in halo so long as it stays in warzone & far away from arena. & honestly, reqs increase h5s replay value by a tramendous amount with eatch new dlc added. so show you suport for halo & 343, go out & buy you a req pack. OR YOU WILL BE HAUNTED BY 3 SPIRITS!! OOOOHHHHH!!! ghost of halo past, present & future. EXPECT THE 1ST AT THE STROKE OF 12!!! if you do not change your ways, you will be forced to roam mcc alone FOR ALL ITERNATY!!!
Rugged1269 wrote:
The OP sounds like a paranoid and delusional individual. REQs are optional and nothing more. It does nothing to ruin the game.
Purchasing packs for warzone items isn't game breaking?
No, its not technically as the REQ energy bar keeps players from whipping them out until they have earned them, it moves slowly from team kills, but unless you contribute, your bar will take longer to get to the desired REQ level.
Yes, because getting a Phaeton after buying 10 gold packs ain't game breaking.
It's not. If you want to grind, you can still get a phaeton. If you don't want to grind, then you can still get a phaeton. Omg it's game breaking!!!! *sarcasm*
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
There are people that think the REQ system was implemented well? Strange world.
Care to elaborate? I've played 5+ days of arena. Not once have I had a disadvantage due to not buying a single REQ pack.

As for Warzone, nearly a day logged. Not once have I felt a disadvantage due to not using actual money. Perhaps skill outweighs REQ packs?
The earth is doomed in 2012 guys.
Lmao
halo did micro transactions the right way unlike other games because you can earn all that stuff in game by just playing.
Thank you
Ignorance seems to have spread. If you cannot see what is truly happening Halo is doomed.
Im real scared pal
We get it, you don't like REQ packs. They have been a huge success, whether you like it or not. REQ packs have pulled in, to my knowledge, 2 million dollars, probably double that now.

REQ packs will never alter the competitive side of Halo. 343 did it right, in my opinion.

They will be in Halo 6.
It's sad to see some cannot see what is right in front of them, very sad indeed.
Right in front of me? Well, that's easy! Halo is right in front of me. In fact, I just finished another match of arena. Guess what? REQ packs played zero factor in the gameplay.

It is sad that the competitive community has been put on the back burner since Halo Reach. That didn't pan out too well for Halo 4, did it? Halo is returning to its roots, and those REQ packs are optional. All fundings contribute to the hard work of players worldwide, who invest hundreds of hours into Halo to be the best player they can be.

I have purchased ZERO REQ packs. I hold my own in arena, and warzone. I don't need REQ packs to help me in warzone, but I sure do enjoy opening them when I earn enough RP.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. They aren't shoving them down your throat. They don't alter the gameplay in any way, at least arena. If you can't figure out how to kill a scorpion in warzone, perhaps it's time to reflect on your play style and improve.
343 isn't holding back content. It makes absolutely no sense to hold back free content. I've talked to 343 members who have said they aren't holding back content and you are an idiot if you think they are. REQ packs don't do anything besides adding a monetary option to unlock stuff. It's easy to unlock everything without spending money.
Req packs are great and aren't going anywhere. I find it absolutely amazing that you think initial sales of a $60.00 game are enough to support an ever-changing franchise. You actually think that paying one up front fee is enough to support the 343 team, while at the same time expecting them to continue to work to release more FREEE CONTENT? Are you kidding me? Remember back to how Bungie handled it? Every single map pack cost additional money. $20 or $10. I think Halo 3 had 3 or 4 paid map packs get released. Nothing is free. So in fact you are welcome. People with money like myself who buy req packs are essentially supporting naive individuals like you. It's essentially the welfare system. These maps are on us... Enjoy them you leech.
Richnj wrote:
We get it, you don't like REQ packs. They have been a huge success, whether you like it or not. REQ packs have pulled in, to my knowledge, 2 million dollars, probably double that now.

REQ packs will never alter the competitive side of Halo. 343 did it right, in my opinion.

They will be in Halo 6.
A huge success for who?

How much of that money went in to your pocket?

How much content have you had for 'free'? And I mean really had for free and not delayed from launch (ie. content you already paid for with your initial purchase) or was cobbled together weapon skins, Forge maps, or remixes. You still enjoying 'all those gametypes'?.

At least when you paid for DLC map packs you got your money's worth. Despite all that money and all that success, Halo 5 is still not up to par with the other Halo games in terms of content.
We knew what we were getting before we bought Halo 5. Excluding items like Forge, Noctus, and the gravity hammer, (content that was announced before launch) it's all free DLC.
These threads are always okay until you lose me in the tin foil hat conspiracy "cut content just to add it later on in the game lifespan".

It doesn't take a genius to see that cutting content to add it back in later helps no one at all.

I get it, we can always assume that those who get money easily will never change the product that gets that income. However, I find that 343 has the least intrusive and least game impacting influence of Micro transactions in a AAA game. There is no reason for anyone to pay a dime extra than the base price of the game to have the standard experience. And they still get the bonus updates every month
I agree with this.
I think the REQ micro transaction system is in place for longevity. If 343 wants to keep rolling content and ideas they have to get paid. When I purchase one of those pay only packs I feel, although small $, I am contributing to another day 343 stays engaged to halo as a franchise. I love this game and all the ones before it. I love the lore, the books (audio of course because who reads books these days), and the last thing I want to see is it ended. 343 may have predicted the population decline and thought of a way to boost income so they could continue, that's what I think at least. OP in my opinion if you feel blame should be placed on something place it on the population as a whole. Many folks have left the series never to return.

If you don't support the REQ, support halo and buy a friend a copy of the game.
End of the day, an idiot with a banshee is still and idiot with a banshee... Regardless of the fact they might of paid real money for it or earned it legit.

req packs/warzone are the best MT i have witnessed in any game. i havnt bought any, and not once have i felt disadvantaged by doing so.

i love the req pack grind.
Warzone Req pack grinding, arena ranked matches, unranked BTB, new map every month, new reqs every month, custom games, increasing number of gametypes... And so on. If you cant agree halo 5 was a brilliant £50 spent, you are a total fool.
halo did micro transactions the right way unlike other games because you can earn all that stuff in game by just playing.
This is the reason I'm not entirely against the REQ system, you aren't forced to pay.
Not my fault, I havnt bought any lol
The Sector wrote:
I love how the the main idea of this post are two unproven claims. The OP is trying to argue that content was held back to be drip fed back and that somehow, the success of the REQ system will lead to exclusive, money only items. Both of which are both not only wrong, but highly unlikely to ever occur
Ito is obvious that content was held back. Sorry you just cannot see it. Everything in life and the real world doesn't fall into your lap. That is why God gave most a brain....
No need to insult others because of a different opinion, in truth, some may have been held back, but, 343 may have also done it since they wanted to tweak them to fit into H5s sand box, its not a simple copy and paste from past games, its a new engine, new console, time, resources and money has to be put into it, am I saying 343 is as effective as Bungie was with Reach or 3? no, but you always have to look at things from two sides.
Didn't insult anyone... your just taking it that way... lol
Don't tell me what I can and cannot buy.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
There are people that think the REQ system was implemented well? Strange world.
Care to elaborate? I've played 5+ days of arena. Not once have I had a disadvantage due to not buying a single REQ pack.

As for Warzone, nearly a day logged. Not once have I felt a disadvantage due to not using actual money. Perhaps skill outweighs REQ packs?
I did elaborate a few times throughout this topic.
....those that buy req packs.
Don't buy any req packs if you care about Halo and it's future.
Please pay attention as this is important, micro-transactions in AAA games are wrong full stop (period). Stop buying them!
So we have already had the limited time available vehicle req packs that were paid only! Limted time only to gauge the market and maximise the income, it's wrong.
At least the Halo Championship req pack could be earned by play or pay (even though for most that was a lot of play in a very short period). Again to ensure a lot of people would just buy it and wouldn't have the time to save up for it by normal play.
While micro-transactions in AAA games are a cancer, if you can earn items by normal play as well that's acceptable as you can avoid them. However, if others don't play and actually pay instead, they are ruining gaming for rest of us.
Now the more perceptive of you may very well be worried what 343 will be bringing next. Wouldn't take a genius to establish that exclusive items available in paid only req packs will be coming. Such as exclusive weapons/vehicles for Warzone armour sets and gun skins only attainable by paying for them.
Those that think the profits from req bundles go towards the development of "free content" for Halo 5 or the prize fund for Halo Championships are just kidding themselves.
The "free content" was already developed and has been cut from the base game and then added in instalments. Plus we are expected to be happy about that?
So when Halo 5 and in future Halo 6 etc is full of paid micro transactions for the best and exclusive items you will only have yourselves to blame (those a that buy them).
When the content acquired by these paid only items in-specific game modes goes a long way towards giving you an advantage and that breaks the game, you will know why.
Please don't buy! Think!
Don't complain, and don't try to shape others opinions. There is a reason there are reqs, and it is about money. But it's also about this world market. Things get more expensive with time. Yet we've gotten games for like 10 years now for the same price. Yet, we think we deserve more. Graphics go up, content goes, up, budget goes up. Yet we expect more. Games are becoming more expensive to make, and yet even so, we expect more from our developers. Somehow, they've got to keep giving us more content, and more and more. And not expect to get anymore money for it and pay more to give it to us. It's not how it works.

Reqs saved Halo 5, this free DLC, weather you feel it's been ripped or not. It wasn't in the original budget for a profitable game. The Reqs fill the void and then some. That's why games have had DLC, to make up the money the lost in development that they can't get back in just game sales alone. Ubisoft, one of the biggest companies to go with yearly releases, has just backed out of that model because they loose money that way. They have to make a kind of game we expect, in such a short time. It's makes them more money to wait and add DLC. 343 decided rather than taking away all of the content that they felt was supposed to part of the game as DLC, they made it part of the game for everyone to enjoy like they wanted and used reqs to fill the budget hole they had to fill.

It's the economy that makes developers come to these choices, not just profit. Or would you rather pay 100 for standard games all the time now and wait 3-4 years for development. Gamers have high expectations, and they're trying to satisfy a tough crowd.
All though I do agree that things like forge, btb, and other game modes, shouldn't have been held back, I do think your exaggerating the Req system quite a bit.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 28