Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo is doomed and it is all your fault...

OP Roams Alone

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 28
*Looks over at my wallet*

Now that you've told me not to, I have the impulse to... BUT WAIT. I already have everything....

Damn it.
Well as long as they only offer cosmetics and boosts it shouldn't ruin the skill based side of Halo right?
The sky seems to be falling. Im still having a blast with h5. I don't buy reqs, but still have a fun. As long as reqs, besides boost stay out of arena, Im good, and halo will be fine.
I agree
Halo is getting to the point where it is not worth playing anymore. I am becoming a dying fan.
I am personal dont care if they make money for micro transactions or not but i bought $50 in gold packs and the best thing i got was a rare helm i would highly recomend not to buy any just on the grounds that the items you get regaurdless arent that great
Halo 5: Guardians isn't a Pay2Win like Halo Online, there's people who don't like to buy req packs with real money and its ok.
343 have used that money to make HCS, pay the developers of the game and start with Halo 6 proyect
There's no problem how to buy any req pack (less premium bundles) because you either can buy them with req points, don't be mad and have fun
Spawn with a power req, dont please cuz u will 90% get a bad insta kill spawn.Also K\D ratio now is no longer related soley to skill anymore but luck, doesnt feel right, oh well. Also H5 is the first fps game I play were snipers can camp as long as they want. Sniper rifle is a req.
POR Panda wrote:
I am personal dont care if they make money for micro transactions or not but i bought $50 in gold packs and the best thing i got was a rare helm i would highly recomend not to buy any just on the grounds that the items you get regaurdless arent that great
The reason you got a rare helm was probably because you dropped straight to the gold packs.

Your best bet is the eliminate most of your Uncommon and Rare items first, with silver packs.

Once you do that, then you can go for the gold packs.
If you don't like reqs play arena simple as that.... reqs have no effect on arena what so ever.. gamers are such divas now...... oh I don't like the req system therefore the entire game.... no no the entire world is DOOOOOMED!!!! :-)
Rugged1269 wrote:
The OP sounds like a paranoid and delusional individual. REQs are optional and nothing more. It does nothing to ruin the game.
Purchasing packs for warzone items isn't game breaking?
No, its not technically as the REQ energy bar keeps players from whipping them out until they have earned them, it moves slowly from team kills, but unless you contribute, your bar will take longer to get to the desired REQ level.
Yes, because getting a Phaeton after buying 10 gold packs ain't game breaking.
lets also remember that the lower the rank you are the less stuff you have, the less likely you are to get such cards. Also remember that most people don't use those REQs if they only have 1 of them.
halo did micro transactions the right way unlike other games because you can earn all that stuff in game by just playing.
Exactly my dude.
halo did micro transactions the right way unlike other games because you can earn all that stuff in game by just playing.
There is no right microtransactions...... They are all evil
How are these ones evil you dont have to buy them you can still get them in game just by playing the game and get points. But if you dont want to wait you can choose to by them. You can still get all armor sets and warzone weapons with out spending a dime on Req packs. Imo i think 343 did right with these
Rugged1269 wrote:
The OP sounds like a paranoid and delusional individual. REQs are optional and nothing more. It does nothing to ruin the game.
No, its not technically as the REQ energy bar keeps players from whipping them out until they have earned them, it moves slowly from team kills, but unless you contribute, your bar will take longer to get to the desired REQ level.
lets also remember that the lower the rank you are the less stuff you have, the less likely you are to get such cards. Also remember that most people don't use those REQs if they only have 1 of them.
I like how every one assumes that just because a player has a certain req they must have bought it with money and not have gotten it with a req pack earned with points.
Exactly my dude.
You are right my friend. req pac are to me exactly like the lotery, pure luck if you like that, somewere skill got forgot. needs an over haul. But no disrespect here my friend but the first few reqs I got were ultra rare and rare, mostly junk since then. But I am a purist only use a power weapon when I kill someone with it. So I mostly boss hunt cuz that does take skill with isued Spartan weapons. got over 1000 reqs I will never use. Wish we could trade them as my Spartan is suffering from a monopaly and restraint of trade, LOL!
Rugged1269 wrote:
I am well aware of the typical excuses, thing is this will kill Halo. Personally I don't want that, do you?
first off, stop with the "you're killing Halo" manner of speaking, it does not legitimize your post. second off, this is a valid reason, unless you can buy packs, get a powerful REQ, then whip it out right when the game starts, its not game breaking, there is a clear working Leveling system that works and keeps everyone on a near leveled playing field.
LethalQ wrote:
Rugged1269 wrote:
I like how every one assumes that just because a player has a certain req they must have bought it with money and not have gotten it with a req pack earned with points.
Exactly!!!
I'd like to buy an arena pack but playing the game to earn my packs, it's part of the fun in playing.
I'd like to buy an arena pack but playing the game to earn my packs, it's part of the fun in playing.
agreed, I am only going to buy the arena pack once all Rares are done, then it will only give me Ultra rares and Legendarys.
Theres been paid only armor sets in the past few games if u havent realized
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 28