Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Halo is not what it used to be

OP TarheelsFan90

Halo used to be the benchmark for console shooters. From brilliant level design to story telling. From local split screen multiplayer to online multiplayer that appealed to everyone from the most casual FPS player to the seasoned vet. They were also packed to the gills with content.

Now Halo 5 comes along and has the shortest most forgettable Halo campaign to date. The worst story to date. No split screen. A very barebones multiplayer with very little content and it only attempts to cater to "pro" players aside from the pay to win Warzone mode.

This is why Halo's not as popular as it used to be. It has nothing to do with it having more competition like apologists want you to believe. It has to do with the last 2 Halo games being significantly lower quality than Bungie's Halo games.
Thanks for your personal opinion.
Yeah! Maybe they should hand over Halo to EA.
Blame it on 343's management, the terrible ideas go through them. If Microsoft has any clue of what to do, they'll make some changes there.
You do know, the same can be said for everyone that posts Halo 5 is perfect and is the best Halo ever right?
Yeah halo used to be the game every other fps wanted to be now halo is the game that wants to be every other game its sad really
You do know, the same can be said for everyone that posts Halo 5 is perfect and is the best Halo ever right?
Yes I do. Neither post is absolute fact. Just opinion. Most of the players like the game. The complainers are just more vocal.
You're speaking my language, brother. We need to return to a simpler time. A time when Halo had a couple of guns and no extras. A time where every match was just CTF in Blood Gulch. A time when milk cost $0.15. A time when gas cost $0.25.

I truly long for stasis.
halo is exactly as it is.
Yeah! Maybe they should hand over Halo to EA.
Thank both of you really, little light in the dark lol.
But Warzone isn't pay to win.
Exactly. I sell 90-100% of my REQ's (so i can buy more,ugh) before a warzone game and only keep a few things I "MIGHT" use. I generally depend on my loadout weapons (specifically 3 DMR's).
Halo has gone to -Yoink-. The 343i lovers like to bring up all the great changes and fun mechanics that have been added to the game. IMO these are the things which ruined halo. I don't think halo can go back to its roots because 343i doesn't listen to the community and they think their ideas are the greatest lmao.
when reqs can make the difference in a match, and reqs are available for purchase there is a definite element of Pay2Win involved. It's not severe, but it exists.
pajama dad wrote:
when reqs can make the difference in a match, and reqs are available for purchase there is a definite element of Pay2Win involved. It's not severe, but it exists.
If purchasing them with real money was the only option? Then sure. But the fact that you don't have to use money to buy them is a pretty big exception.
Yes I do. Neither post is absolute fact. Just opinion. Most of the players like the game. The complainers are just more vocal.
Any numbers to back that up? The minority/majority statement I mean. People said the same thing of Halo 4 which saw the biggest population drop of any Halo.

If you see constant complaints then consider the fact that they may be valid.