Halo isn't broken, The community is

OP NinjaGoldfishGC

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
So, since the realese of Halo 4, the Halo community has gone mad with hatred. Some people like Halo 4 some people hated it, and people that hated it abused 343i for doing so. Apparently there is no such thing as constructive criticism in this community it's just abuse. Yes Halo MCC multiplayer is broken, yes we did buy it thinking it would be working at launch, but take into account that the work behind the MCC is amazing, 4 different game engines in one game disc, which can change instantly! That had never been done before! But the community only sees the bad!

Let me ask a couple of questions. What if Bungie stayed with Halo and produced the exact same games with the exact issues? Would the community still play this blame game? More than likely no. because Bungie is the greatest right? No, Destiny is a good game don't get me wrong, but the rewarding system is broken, the storyline made next to no sense and when you thought it was picking up, Nope just kidding buy DLC's, but Bungie gets away with it, why?

Now Halo 5, people are beginning to make statements like, Halo 5: Guadians more like Halo 5 Advanced Warfare, no, you know what CoD: Advanced Warfare is, TITANFALL!! And no one says anything? Why? 343i is dumping the armour ablities and load outs, for the community and the feed back they have received but no not good enough for a lot of people. The ranking system in Halo 5 is returning from Halo 2 and 3 but no not good enough? Yes I am fanboying here but it's because I'm sick of seeing the game series I love receive so much hate.
There have been many, many constructive criticisms on these forums, positive or negative. Also some people have to learn that disagreeing is not hating, There are always extreme people that don't know how to express their points without being agressive, on both sides of the spectrum, so focusing on haters is hypocrite.
MCC is broken. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see it. That is why 343i is so trying to fix it.

Calling a game broken for not liking some of its features, however, is a different matter.
But there is something I see a lot in these forums, the hate going to 343i is extensive? Yes, opinions are good but they don't have to swear and carry on how "343 ruined halo".
But there is something I see a lot in these forums, the hate going to 343i is extensive? Yes, opinions are good but they don't have to swear and carry on how "343 ruined halo".
i couldn´t agree more!!! Did Halo 4 has its flaws sure it did but in the end i loved that game, still do. thx to the mcc i can play h4 how it should´ve been on the 360!!!

but this hate that goes around be it constructive criticisms or not, the things people are complaining about just dont makes sense to me! its called a Beta for a reason,
meaning the game isnt finished yet and after i read an article today about how they change Battlefield hardline after their 1st Beta, why not put some faith in the guys from 343i and let them do their job! ( its a long road to nov 15)

and even if their wont do a perfect job in the end, do u guys really think someone can pull of a perfect game after those recent years where the gaming market exploded in terms of people playin games, there are so many different games out there, no one can please everyone even in the circle of a halo community!!!
and one thing should be clear to all of u, 343i is doing this with passion for the franchise and they do it so we the community will enjoy the comin years of halo!!!

PS: i apologize for any bad grammar etc.. english is not my 1st language!
The issue isn't that there's no constructive criticism on the forum, the issue is that the only threads getting any attention are the ones that are horrifically inflamed with extremely hate-charged titles and such.

People just need to tone down the sensationalism a few notches and stop being swayed and polarized the exact same way the over-sensationalized public media in our country sways and polarizes.
Some of it stems from the passion people have for the franchise. However, the vitriol on these forums is often over-the-top and ultimately doesn't do anything for the community or the franchise. Having said that, I do believe that the franchise is in a precarious position for a number of reasons, most of them having to do with the H5 beta.
This negativity has been going on since Halo 2, but it's been really bad for Reach and Halo 4, but with all the negativity towards Halo 5 I see a lot more positive post now and I think it is starting to win players over. I haven't been happy with the way 343 has handled Halo, but Halo 5 looks like a big step in the right direction for the franchise.
The community is not broken just because the community does not like 343i way of making Halo. The problem is that 343i would probably be successful if the audiens who play there games would be a different audiens. But sins 343i are making halo games thay should have the halo gammers as ther prio one audience but it seams like thay are trying to get the cod games over to halo.

#iWillNotBuyHalo5

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/iwillnotbuyhalo5/b414827f-3aaa-4d41-bc6e-a756dd99e717/posts
why do people always bring the cod anology, i dont get it, i´ve played both games in various iterations and yes halo 5 plays different but not in the cod way.... it still feels like a Halo game and at the same time its something else something new and when some people wouldn´t be so small-minded may be they could that 343i are going in the right direction!

but this my opinion and those who see it the other way that´s okay too
Quote:
Let me ask a couple of questions. What if Bungie stayed with Halo and produced the exact same games with the exact issues? Would the community still play this blame game? More than likely no. because Bungie is the greatest right?
People don't worship Bungie, nor do I. Bungie has received flack for several things, especially Halo Reach. I don't care who it is developing the game, I care about what the game itself ends up like being.

"You only hate 343I because they aren't Bungie" is nonsense. I dislike 343I because they don't listen to the fanbase and release broken on launch products like the MCC and Halo 4.

Quote:
Why? 343i is dumping the armour ablities and load outs, for the community and the feed back they have received but no not good enough for a lot of people
Of course it's not good enough. Just because Halo 5 has the bare minimum requirements to be called a Halo game doesn't make it a good Halo game.

There are things I like about Halo 5, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just ignore all the flaws as well.

Quote:
when some people wouldn´t be so small-minded may be they could that 343i are going in the right direction!
I'm not "small minded" for simply disliking a game.
The community is not broken just because the community does not like 343i way of making Halo. The problem is that 343i would probably be successful if the audiens who play there games would be a different audiens. But sins 343i are making halo games thay should have the halo gammers as ther prio one audience but it seams like thay are trying to get the cod games over to halo.

#iWillNotBuyHalo5

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/iwillnotbuyhalo5/b414827f-3aaa-4d41-bc6e-a756dd99e717/posts
People who let others think for them are sheep, I have my opinions and they tell me to buy Halo 5 as yours tell you not too... You also can't say what there main selling point is as there are millions upon millions that play Halo no one could tell you or I what and who there main audience is
Ramir3z77 wrote:

Quote:
when some people wouldn´t be so small-minded may be they could that 343i are going in the right direction!

I'm not "small minded" for simply disliking a game.
i´m not sayin u are small-minded, u have your own reasons and thats fine! with small-minded i mean those people who are just stuck in the past and want attention for their rage threads in the forum.

of course 343i didnt do a good job with h4 or mcc and even h5 is far from perfect but for me this h5 beta brings out a rush i hadn´t felt in long time playin an fps... i think Halo Ce or H2 and a little reach were the last games i felt this way!
Agree!!..
this just goes to show that people will hate on 343i for adding things into the game they wanted/ loved in other games. Makes me sick
I always laugh when people like you try to blame us for the failing Halo franchise. LOL Like we are the ones making these Space COD replicas when they shiould be making Halo games
"You only hate 343I because they aren't Bungie" is nonsense. I dislike 343I because they don't listen to the fanbase and release broken on launch products like the MCC and Halo 4."

This is in response to Ramirez (quoting on this site sucks)

How does 343 not listen to the fans exactly? When reach was released and Bungie did nothing to fix their mistakes, 343 patched it by nerfing armor lock and having the option for no bloom, something we asked for. When halo 4 had it's misbalanced sand box 343 updated the game and balanced by making br 4 shot it while also throwing in an all new forge map for free.

When mcc was released and was broken on release 343 opened a forum dedicated to finding and patching it's problems and are giving us ODST, relic and more for free.

When halo 4 was disliked by fans for it's load out multiplayer, 343 went back and made halo 5 an arena shooter, while opening a beta to garner feedback and run tests, just like we asked for a year early.

How does any of that indicate they're "not listening"? They've done more for community support and feedback than Bungie ever did. It sounds to me like you're not paying attention.

#iWillNotBuyHalo5

People who let others think for them are sheep, I have my opinions and they tell me to buy Halo 5 as yours tell you not too... You also can't say what there main selling point is as there are millions upon millions that play Halo no one could tell you or I what and who there main audience is
Hey, did somebody order you to repeat that on every thread or what?
The issue isn't that there's no constructive criticism on the forum, the issue is that the only threads getting any attention are the ones that are horrifically inflamed with extremely hate-charged titles and such.

People just need to tone down the sensationalism a few notches and stop being swayed and polarized the exact same way the over-sensationalized public media in our country sways and polarizes.
This is unfortunately very true. Expressing honest, unembellished opinions is almost nonexistent and typically ignored in the post-PC, FOXifyed world we live in. It's not enough to suggest minor changes, or (God forbid...) new ideas; it's Us vs. Them, Left vs. Right, with us or against us -Yoink- that devolves into high school debate class where whoever cries the loudest is the "winner". You can only hope that 343 is aware of this and they make the game they want to make first and foremost, and take just about all of the "passionate" feedback with the smallest grain of salt.
This community sucks now. No excitement over a very good game. Halo 5 is going to be amazing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9